sunset|| j.murphy

By indrassoup

"what's so interesting about the earth rotating around a flaming ball of gas?" ophelia jordan isn't supposed... More

sunset
cast
1||earth
2||poison sumac
3||my big brother
4||grounders
5||rescue mission
6||acid fog
7||mystery
8||noose
9||the cliff
10||the cave
11||interrogation
12||mr grounder
13||saved
14||antidote
15||nuts
16||unity day
17||return
19||blood
20||waterfall
21||hunt
22||soldiers
23||revenge

18||sick

1K 34 22
By indrassoup

"pretty shitty choice of weapon if you ask me."

We're screwed. He told the Grounders about us. All of that torture and pain we suffered through was for nothing. 

Everyone started leaving the drop ship, including Clarke and Bellamy. 

"Get some rest. I'll be back in a minute." I said to Murphy. He gave a confused look, but nodded before I left the drop ship. 

"Lee, how big is your tent?" Monty came up to me with a frustrated expression.

"I don't know, I haven't measured it. Why?" I shrugged in confusion as I went into the water tent, Monty following behind me. 

"Your brother's a dick." Monty replied glumly. 

"He's your brother, too." I commented, filling up a canteen with water. 

"At least I'm not related to him." Monty shot back. 

"Hey, chill out, I was kidding. What's he done now?" I asked. 

"Besides from being a cocky asshole? He's a jerk who thinks he's too good for us now that he killed people and Harper McIntyre thinks he's cool." He spat. 

"And you wanna stay in my tent?" I assumed. Monty nodded, biting his tongue. This wasn't the first time he and Jasper had gotten into an argument and one of them wanted to stay in my room. "You realize Octavia and I share a tent, right?"

"If she doesn't mind," He shrugged. "it's better than sharing one with Jasper right now."

"She won't care. Take my bed, I'll bunk with Clarke or something." I decided, taking a sip from the canteen. 

"Thanks, Lee. What would I do without you?" Monty gave a small smile and hugged me. 

"Solve your own problems." I replied before leaving the tent. 

When I walked outside, Derek was coughing and sputtering all over the place. I looked closer and saw that he was coughing up blood and bleeding from his nose.

"Where's Clarke?" I asked no one specifically as I grabbed a cloth to hand to him.

"I'm here. Ophelia, I need you with me in the drop ship. Now." Clarke declared. 

"Woah, what the hell happened to your eyes?" I asked, noticing she was crying blood. She said nothing as I followed her into the drop ship. "Clarke, what's going one?" I demanded. 

"Do you feel sick or lightheaded?" She asked as we came to a halt at the drop ship door. I shook my head. We turned and went into the drop ship where Murphy was on the floor, vomiting blood. 

"Shit. John." I swore, kneeling down to help my friend. 

"Don't touch him." Clarke shouted. 

"What? Why? Clarke, what's going on?" I demanded.

She ignored me and crouched down beside Murphy and I. "Murphy, hey. Look at me. I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?"

Murphy tiredly panted. "I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off." He choked out.

They let him go. It all made sense. They didn't need him anymore so they let him go with something contagious to infect us. Revenge for the bridge. We watched as Clarke's face dropped in disappointment. 

"They let you go." I realized with a sad sigh. 

Bellamy entered the drop ship. "Bellamy, stay back." Clarke ordered. 

"Did he do something to you?" Bellamy demanded. Clarke shook her head. Bellamy stepped closer. "What the hell is this." He said as I put a canteen of water up to John's lips, helping him drink. 

"Biological warfare." Clarke stated. "You were waiting for the Grounders to retaliate for the bridge? This is it. Murphy's the weapon."

"Pretty shitty choice of weapon if you ask me. I mean, they've got spears and knives, yet they choose this moron." I joked in attempts to lighten the mood since we were all going to die. 

***

Bellamy, Murphy, Clarke, Connor, Derek and I were the only ones in the drop ship. Connor and Derek looked like they were on their death beds. Blood covered their faces. Even though I had already touched both Murphy and Clarke, I wasn't feeling sick at all. 

I was helping Clarke clean up Murphy's wounds when Bellamy spoke up. "Is this your revenge?" He said to Murphy. "Helping the Grounders kill us?"

"Back off, Bellamy." I spat. 

"I didn't know about this, I swear." Murphy promised. 

"Stop lying!" Bellamy shouted. "When are they coming?"

"Murphy. Think, all right? What can you tell us that's useful?" Clarke urged. "Did you hear anything?"

"They are vicious. Cruel." Murphy seethed. Yeah, we already knew that. 

"You wanna see vicious?" Bellamy dared, inching closer. I stood up, facing him. 

I looked up at Bellamy. "Cut it out, Blake."

"She's right. Whatever this thing is, it spreads through contact." Clarke added.

"You're lucky I can't hit you right now because I already touched Murphy." I grumbled.

"Clarke?" Finn came rushing into the drop ship. Loverboy always has to be the hero to the rescue. 

"Finn, you shouldn't be in here. No one should." Clarke stated angrily. 

"I heard you were sick." Finn defended breathlessly. He looked around at Connor and Derek, who were lying weak on the floor. "Clarke, what is this?"

"I don't know. Some kind of hemorrhagic fever." Clarke replied, getting weaker by the second. "We just need to contain it before-" She was cut off by the sound of Derek coughing and grunting in pain behind us. 

We looked to see the boy lying on the floor, in pain, coughing and shaking. 

Finn tried grabbing Clarke to make sure she was okay, but she shook him off. "Don't touch me. You could get sick. Wash your hands, now." 

Clarke stepped closer to Derek as the boy coughed up blood all over the drop ship floor. 

"What the hell is happening to him?" Finn asked. 

"I don't know." Clarke replied, the sound of Derek's coughing filling our ears. Then all of a sudden, he stopped. Stopped coughing. Stopped moving. 

Stopped breathing. 

Clarke checked his pulse. "Is he..." Bellamy trailed off. 

"He's dead." Clarke confirmed.

She washed off Finn's hands with alcohol to help stop him from getting infected. 

"What do we do?" Finn asked. 

Clarke looked down for a moment in thought. "Quarantine. Round up everyone who had contact with Murphy. Bring them here." She decided. 

"And everyone they had contact with?" Bellamy asked.

"We have to start somewhere." Clarke replied. She turned to me. "Ophelia, who was with you when you found him?" 

"The first one there after me..." I thought. My face dropped in realization. "Was Octavia."

Bellamy rushed out of the drop ship. Finn went to go round up the people who had contact with Murphy and in a matter of minutes, the drop ship was filled with delinquents. Clarke sent Octavia to Lincoln's cave for a cure. 

Miraculously, I still wasn't sick. I was rushing around the drop ship helping Clarke take care of people. Since she was sick, I didn't want her over exerting herself. I started getting a slight headache, but I brushed it off, assuming it was just caused my the loud, constant coughing of delinquents. 

I heard commotion coming from outside. I looked out of the drop ship to see kids shouting and aiming guns at each other. I went back into the drop ship and grabbed a rifle before coming back out and shooting it into the sky to get everyone's attention.

"Enough! Don't you think this is what the Grounders want?" I announced loudly and angrily. "They want us to turn on each other. They don't have to kill us if we kill each other first." 

"They don't have to kill us if we all catch the virus, get back in the drop ship!" A boy shouted, aiming his gun at me. Raven punched him in the face and snatched the gun off him before giving me a nod, allowing me to continue. 

"Hate to state the obvious, but tell Clarke her quarantine isn't working." Bellamy stated. Well, no shit, Sherlock. 

"We need to just..." I trailed off as I was hit with a wave of lightheadedness. I stumbled back. "We need to wait for Octavia to come back with a cure before the Grounders come and kill us all." I said breathlessly, struggling to stay on my feet. 

"Lee!" Jasper exclaimed. I saw dots in my vision as I struggled to keep my eyes open. No way I'm getting sick. Not now. 

"Your eyes..." Raven trailed off. I could feel warm liquid staining my cheeks, which I'm assuming was blood. 

"Get back in the drop ship!" Bellamy ordered. 

I couldn't keep myself up anymore. My legs gave in beneath me, but luckily Jasper caught me before I could hit the floor. Wait, he caught me?

"Jasper, don't touch me. You'll get sick." I muttered weakly. 

"I don't care." Jasper replied. 

"Jas, please. I don't you getting sick." I protested as he carried me into the drop ship.

"Shit." I heard someone else swear. If I knew any better, I'd say it was Murphy's voice. "Here, she can have mine." It was definitely Murphy's voice. I could faintly see him move out of a hammock that Jasper placed me in seconds later. 

"Jasper, go. I'm serious. Someone get him out of here, please." I urged tiredly. 

"I've got her." I heard Murphy say. 

My head was pounding. I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I felt like complete shit. 

I felt a bile rise up in my throat and immediately rolled over on my side. I started coughing, but I wasn't just coughing or vomiting. I was coughing up blood. Thick, hot, metal-tasting blood.

"There you go. You're okay." I felt someone put a hand on my back, helping me get it all up.

"Ophelia? Shit." I looked up to see Octavia at my side, standing next to Murphy. 

"Where's the cure?" I asked, my voice raspy. 

"There is no cure."

word count: 1631

a/n: hello hello hello im so sorry i havent been able to get a chapter out. i dont really have an excuse, ive just been feeling like shit lately and (overshare and tw) but im relapsing right now (ed) and its been hard the past few weeks. but i wanted to get something out for yall so please mind the grammar mistakes and shitty writing etc. stay safe. love you all xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 3.3K 44
๐€๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐ˆ๐‚ ๐Œ๐€๐ | โ› the little bit he learned about outer space is it's gotta destroy before it creates! โœ or, in which they are two sides of th...
387K 13.1K 61
โWhat's a kiss from a Grounder feel like, Murphy?โž โI think you'll have to do it again so I can get a better idea.โž ( JOHN MURPHY x FEMALE OC ) ( SEA...
21.5K 490 39
๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„ ๐Ž๐ ๐…๐ˆ๐‘๐„ - โ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™šโž โ๐™ค๐™› ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š, ๐™ž ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™šโž โœซโœซโœซ bellamy blake x fem!oc the 10...
43.6K 1.4K 24
" we're broken children in a world that has a desperate cry for help but can't be heard. " - the 100 ; season 1-2 bellamy blake x oc book one