Claw's Bridge(Discontinued)

By ash_1103

(This story is discontinued) *TW- Extreme Psychology Content* "What the fuck are you?" "Does it matter?" "Ver... More

1. General Information
2. Assassination
3. Choosing Fate
4. Public Execution II
5. Fomalhaut b
6. Medical
7. Worst Mindset
8. Attempt
9. Team No Sleep
10. Rude
11. Bathroom
12. Peachy
13. Bond
14. Doubts
15. Lost
16. Breakfast Disaster
17. Council
18. Scouts
19. Shopping
20. Rank
21. New Species
22. I Made a Promise
23. Pile
24. A Talk
25. Envelope
26. Ship
27. Carnival Disguise
28. Argument
Addressing the Readers
29. Last Night
30. Nothing
31. Back To Serek
32. Guns
33. Shoot
34. Wrong
35. Zone C Prisoners
36. Platinum Blond
37. Wicked Witch of the West
38. Taking Control
39. Results
40. Nighter
41. Identity
42. Nice
43. Light
44. Distrust
45. Nervous
46. Understanding
47. Animal Shelter
48. Flowers
49. Confrontation
50. Water
51. Mirror Thoughts
53. Sneak
54. Fail
55. Suggestions
56. Deal
57. Nightmare
58. War
59. Emergency Ward
60. Cold
61. Instructions
62. Revealed
63. Agreement
64. Hide
65. Stupid
66. Trap
67. Baby
68. Sexuality and Gender
69. Language(M)
70. Resistant
71. Foreign Familiar Face
72. History Repeats Itself
73. First Time
74. The Same
75. Buff
76. Kidnappers
77. Feign
78. Dejected
79. Begging
80. Breakdown
81. Bullspit
82. Impulsive
83. Clarify
84. Treehouse
85. Sneak
86. Nice
87. Comfort
88. Cooking
89. Xylok
90. Risk
91. Maybe
92. Xy
93. Grevillea
94. Cough Cough
95. Cold
96. Cold Sweat
97. Risk
Announcement

52. Paying Respects

1.7K 113 144
By ash_1103

"How have you been holding up?" I asked Nighter as we walked to a certain destination in the park on the outskirts of town.

"Pretty good," he replied, looking around in awe. I held back a smile. Maintained by all, the park we were at was the most beautiful park in the whole country. Even those down South took care of the park. The park was the symbol of valor. Connected to the green landscape was the cemetery. Every royal, every local, every criminal, was buried in the cemetery. "Why are we going to a cemetery?"

"Paying respects," I replied, opening the gate for him. I guided the way to my mother's grave.

"Kim... Sunghee?" he asked.

"My mother," I put forth.

"Oh...OH," he exclaimed. "Wait, you're an orphan?! Shit, that's not what I was supposed to say. Um... I'm sorry."

I let slip a smile at his flustered state. As serious as the situation was, Nighter's lack of mental filter definitely lightened the mood. "It's alright. Yeah, I'm an orphan," I replied. I could swear I heard a 'me too,' but I wasn't sure, so I didn't question it.

"Should I walk away for you to... pay respects?" he asked. I shook my head in response and placed the daisies on her grave. The royals were buried along with the locals to symbolize the equality that the country ran on. Although there was a ruler, everyone was treated equally. No royal had the special treatment of a fancy tombstone, and anyone could visit the grave of a royal.

"She used to tell me a story when I was three. Claw's Bridge was the name," I started. I opened the small bag I was carrying and removed a book. "Claws resemble strength and great balance between the body and mind. The story however, portrayed them differently."

"Ferocious, painful, dangerous," he listed. "A bridge to balance and everything that stops you from crossing it."

I smiled. "Precisely," I said. I handed him the book. "It's a good story. Short, but really good."

"Dotty Randers? A different name for a Hitzorian," he pointed out.

"Mother's nickname. She wrote the book," I said. "Randers was the nickname of her childhood friend who died. They came up with the story together, but my mother finished writing it after his death."

"Sentimental value," he said, running his hand over the intricate features of the cover. "Are you sure you want to give me this book? I can be really clumsy."

"I trust you with it. Once the book started to wear out, I got copies of it made. I kept the original for... well, mother's handwriting is aesthetically appealing," I replied.

"Your father, I'm guessing?" Nighter asked, pointing at the adjacent grave.

"That's Randers. Mom wanted to be buried beside him. My father was cremated on the royal grounds. He didn't deserve to be buried under the grounds of pure souls nor on the royal premises, so we got rid of him entirely," I said. I moved to the left of mom's grave. "That's my grandfather. He died a few months after my mother."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he said, pulling his coat to cover more of his arms as the wind picked up.

"Thank you. Can I ask you something?" I asked. He hummed in response, giving me his undivided attention. "You stopped trying to leave. You're more open to conversations with us, deeper conversations. Before, you refused to even look in our direction and now... you're not cussing us out anymore. Why is that?"

"I-I don't know. I think I just gave up. I have no place to go, and I can't reject you. I don't have an option, do I?" he said, shrugging. I felt a tug on my chest, knowing that we caused him so much pain when we were supposed to make him happy.

"Can you give me some time alone?" I asked. He nodded and walked towards the entrance of the cemetery.

^Jungkook's POV^

Everything was going according to plan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 41 33
NOT AN ABO FANFICTION! THERE WILL ALSO BE NO RANKS. THIS IS ALL ANIMAL FACTS JUST IN HYBRIDS AND A PLOT. A Lion pride. Lioness who follow their leade...
5K 381 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...
258K 4.7K 171
NOTE: this book is under editing for spelling mistakes and sentence structures. NOTE⚠️: This book is for entertainment purposes only. ⚠️:If I see m...
145K 9.5K 44
A beautiful and dangerous love story between a 36 y/o mafia king and a 20 y/o University student. Where the love story between taehyung and jungkook...