Her Single Rose (Remus Lupin)

By Taylor510658

She's a Slytherin, smart, sly, and cunning. But most of all Aries was a Black. Aries Meredith Black was the t... More

Cast
Cast Part Two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
A/N
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-three
Eight-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eight-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Authors Note
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Authors Note
Cast- Everything I Do

Fifty-One

2.8K 70 7
By Taylor510658

It was officially Christmas Break and Aries couldn't have dreaded it more. Though she wasn't the only one unhappy about going home, none of the Slytherins were in the best moods.

Everyone was slouching around, having already packed a day early, Aries was walking around the corridors while the other students ran around frantically to pack all of their things.

Aries was actually quite amused of how many students had lost their valuables around the school and not just in their own dorms.

Though the raven haired girl hoped her morning would have started off better, she had awoken to her new boyfriend gone, without a note. It had rather pissed her off that he just left and right after such a wonderful night.

Because of this, Aries felt no remorse in keeping the shirt he left and decided it would be best in her care.

"How you holding up?" Honey asked as she walked into step with Aries. The two striding down the corridors filled with students running around and saying their goodbyes.

"That's a rubbish question, how do you think?" Aries spat.

"Rubbish or smart, a question is a question. Normally questions will get answered though." Honey shrugged.

"Terrible, that's how I feel about break. Just another Christmas Party, my mother having her fun criticizing me, and then I end up covering a couple bruises coming back." Aries explained. "How about you?" She asked.

"That's a rubbish question, what do you think?" Honey retorted, mocking Aries.

"Just as bad I'm guessing?" Aries asked.

"Not as bad, but bad. You know, like pretty bad, but not bad bad." She explained.

"I wonder how many times you can say 'bad' in a sentence without it sounding weird." Aries thought out loud.

"Well...-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, I can already see the words forming in your head." Aries cut off her friend.

"Alright, well, seeing how you so rudely cut me off. I might just not ever tell you anything, since you're a mind reader and all." Honey said exasperatedly.

"Hush! Stop flaunting that fact around! And it's legilimency and occlumency. Its not just mind reading." Aries whispered as she looked around swiftly for any Slytherins.

"But you still can. Which means you could literally read my plans for next year." Honey groaned.

"Honey, I told you once, I'll say it again. I don't like using legilimency on anyone unless I have their consent to do so. Any other time is completely on accident. Like if I'm feeling emotional and someone touches me, whether it's a poke to the skin or a giant hug." Aries claimed.

"So, you're not reading my mind right now?" Honey asked.

"I've definitely thought about it, but no." Aries shook her head as the two walked into the Great Hall where some students were still eating breakfast. The Marauders were no where to be found.

"Well, I really wish you would! It would make this whole conversation so much easier." Honey flopped onto the bench and grabbed a gummy worm, which she had convinced Dumbledore to make before Christmas Break.

...Planning on not coming back next year...Ben is coming...If mother kicks me out...homeless

Aries was shocked by the confused thoughts swarming around Honeys head. She quickly put all the facts together.

"Wait, so if your mother kicks you out, you'll be homeless. And since it's too much to stay here, you're moving and not gonna come back next year. Bens coming with you. I-...Honey we're barely of age." Aries said quickly but quietly.

"I know, I know. And I get that Ben and I have only started dating for about two months but...I have this feeling. I know he's the one. And if I'm not gonna have a home, then Ben is gonna help me find one and we're gonna live together." Honey explained.

"Bu- Honey, you can always stay with James, or Lily, even Alice. You don't have to move away...But I get it though, the whole wanting to leave thing." Aries admitted.

"You could." Honey tossed a roll to the girl after they sat at the Gryffindor table.

Aries shrugged, "you know I'll figure it out."

"I guess our stories are a bit different then, my mother wants me gone." Honey said sadly. "I think Hogwarts has really been the only place that felt like home to me." Honey admitted.

"I get that feeling too, always when I'm here. I can't imagine leaving this place after our last year of school. It's...this is home." Aries said, though she sighed and wiped the thoughts in her head away, finishing the last bit of breakfast.

"We should head to the gates, people have probably already started getting into the carriages for the train." Honey spoke, just in time for Professor Dumbledore to make an announcement.

"All students! I am rather sad to announce that Christmas Break has just begun and only so few students could stay, though I am happy and hopeful the rest of you leaving shall have a wonderful break! Happy Christmas! And if you have not packed your belongings yet, or still need to leave to catch a ride for the train, I believe you should be on your way. Miss Black, Decker, Mr. Black, Crawford. I believe you four should be on your way just about now." Professor Dumbledore announced.

The four laughed but stood nonetheless. "Keep yourself in front of me and whatever you do, don't look at the ceiling." Honey muttered to Aries as they made their way out of the hall.

"What why?" Aries was shortly cut of when the four landed at the door and watched as a parade of confetti dropped down from the ceiling while snowflakes followed in turn.

Upbeat Christmas music played from somewhere and cakes and candies and all sorts of desserts popped onto the tables. The entire room of maybe ten students per house giggled and danced around while eating cinnamon rolls.

Dumbledore and the rest of the professors only applauded Honey's work and shooed them off with laughter.

"I kinda wish I could've stayed for that." Aries told Honey.

"I like pranking the Great Hall like this, it's fun to watch the professors mouth turn into a thin line." Ben chuckled and placed his arm over Honeys shoulders.

"You were in on this?" Aries asked in surprise.

"Course, if it weren't for me, the confetti would've been liquid glue and the desserts would all be fake plastic." Ben chuckled.

"Oh you're bad, Honey." Aries shook her head with a laugh, she ended up falling in step with her brother.

"Nervous?" Aries asked him.

"I'm not nervous, just...agitated?...maybe a bit nervous." Regulus admitted. "The prank kinda broke it down a bit but it's stressful having to be nervous about going home-"

"Speak for yourself if you have to, Reg. 12, Grimmauld Place is not my home. And it will never be." Aries growled.

"You know, a home is a place you feel safe, cared for, loved, happy, it's a place where you can be yourself and not get judged." Regulus told her.

I wish someone would take me home.

"I wish someone would take me home too." Aries sighed, placing an arm around her younger, taller brothers waist.

"Wait...what did you say?" Ben asked, turning around so quickly it made both the siblings jump slightly.

"Uh, I-...I wish someone would take me home too?" Aries answered hesitantly.

"What are you thinking?" Honey asked her boyfriend.

"I need a pad." Ben said looking around frantically.

"Go to Madame Pomfrey." Regulus smirked.

"Not that kind of pad, a writing pad, parchment, paper notes, anything." Ben huffed.

Honey pulled out a quil and parchment from her small bag, and handed them to him as he sighed in relief and started writing something down on it.

"Home?" Honey asked as Ben continued to write like it was the last three seconds on Earth.

All of the sudden Honey glanced up at Aries and a hint of a smile grazed her lips. It wasn't a happy smile though, it was a sad one.

Which led to a brow raise. "Alright, this just got really weird, we'll meet you on the train." Regulus spoke for Aries.

The two nodded as Ben continued to write hysterically.

"Home." Aries nodded. "Why do we have to leave it again?" Aries asked.

"Mother and father might kill us if we don't." Regulus spoke, though they both knew that it wasn't just a figure of speech. It was the truth.

On the long trek to the carriages, Aries and Regulus spent most of their time in thought. Very different thoughts.

Regulus could not stop thinking about why it was necessary to have carriages bring them to the train when they had to walk half the distance just to arrive at the carriages. Why not just have the carriages closer to the castle, that way there was no use in walking so far.

Aries on the other hand was plotting her way out of her childhood house with the expectation of perfection.

Then again, though they think things through as much as they possibly can, not everything can nor will go as planned.
———————

Yup, we all see Harry up there^ and that is our new face claim for Ben Crawford. He is a singer so it's perfect for the next few chapters and the rest of the book, btw there will be music in this book so be prepared for sad, happy, whatever other stupid emotions are out there.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the recent views and it's really cool that so many of you like my book.

Love you all!! - Brooke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.2K 109
*Marauders Era* *Remus Lupin x OC* Lucius Malfoy's sister finally meets the Marauders, see what happens and how friendships and possible relationship...
469K 16.8K 72
'I love you.' A phrase that Caroline Pettigrew has heard from so many different people. She just wished that when she did finally love someone back...
262K 9.1K 100
"intelligence is intuitive you needn't learn to love unless you've been taught to fear and hate" ― Saul Williams {.FredWeasleyxFem!oc.} {.ootp-dh.}...
6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...