Make me remember (to forget)

By -thescientist

From the heart of New York City to the middle of nowhere in the Lebanese mountains, this is a story about the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 13

404 28 14
By -thescientist

Chapter 13

Emily

"Holy shit."

I purse my lips, thinking about all the ways Logan is going to murder me.

"Em, how the fuck did this happen? What the..." Josh murmurs in astonishment as he observes Logan's wrecked motorcycle.

As for me, I'm way too busy panicking because I know that there's no way he's actually going to believe that this was an accident. I was actually trying to park and I forgot that this idiot has a motorcycle and I didn't see it - Yes, I know, I know, how could I have not seen a motorcycle parked in the middle of the driveway? I don't know! I'm screwed.

"It's going to be okay. I can fix this," I breathe out, as a million scenarios play through my head.

First scenario: I paint over the back of it. But fuck, it's obviously wrecked, the entire back part needs to be changed.

Okay, second scenario: I pick up the motorcycle into the trunk of my car and take it to a mechanic. This shouldn't be too bad. I mean, Josh will help me carry it. I don't even think it's going to cost much. The whole thing is super cheap anyway, so I think I should be good.

Or, I can just grow a vagina and tell Logan that I wrecked his motorcycle. But no, thanks. I think Option B is the best.

"You're going to fix a motorcycle?" He smirks.

"Josh, help me carry it."

"Carry it where?!"

"To the trunk of my car."

"Emily, you have the shittiest car on earth. I'm absolutely sure that placing a wrecked motorcycle in the trunk of your car will break it."

I have the overwhelming urge to scream at Josh. But instead, I turn on Zen Emily mode and take a deep breath. Josh seems to notice, so without uttering another word, he grabs the front while I take the back of the motorcycle.

Fuck, this thing is heavier than it looks. Josh groans as we barely lift it a few centimeters off the ground. "Em, there's no way we can lift this to the trunk of your car."

"Come on, Josh! We can do this," I breathe out as I push with every single breath I have.

Josh lets out all kinds of moans and whines. I am not going to be stressed out about this. I am not going to be stressed out about- I squeal when the motorcycle finally fits in the trunk. We obviously can't close the trunk, but it's okay. I'll just drive slowly.

Sometimes, I wonder where I get this reassurance that everything is going to be okay from. Seriously, my car is shitty and the most probable scenario is that it's going to break while I'm driving it and we're going to die.

"I can't believe you just made me carry a motorcycle."

"I didn't make you do it. We did it together. Teamwork."

"Right. You owe-"

"Come on, hop in the car before Logan notices we're down there."

"Wait, where are we going?"

"To the mechanic?" I say, but it sounds more like a question.

"What?! No, come on! I literally just came here to pick up my boyfriend and go to the movies. Is that too much to ask for on a Friday night?"

"Josh, please!! You have to help me. You can't let me go all alone."

"It's cruel to make a gay guy go to a mechanic, Em." True, but I don't really care...

I give him my best puppy-dog-eyes look with a pout. He keeps looking at me for about a full minute until he finally gives in with a defeated groan. "The things I do for you. Unreal."

I jump to give him a hug and leave kisses all over his face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're literally saving my life."

Then, we go inside the car and I have to twist my keys several times before it starts. Josh suppresses his smirk, as if he's mentally reaffirming that my car is shitty. Whatever, as long as it drives me to the mechanic, I'm fine with it. Please don't break is my mantra during our entire ride.

"What are you going to do about Logan? What if he comes down and realizes that his motorcycle is not there?"

"Good point."

I pull out my phone and text Adam.

Hey. I accidentally wrecked Logan's motorcycle. Josh and I are taking it to the mechanic now. Pls make sure he doesn't leave the house until we come back.

I press 'send' and take a deep breath. "Ready?"

"No."

"Me too. Operation 'saving Logan's motorcycle' is on."

The drive to the mechanic should have taken ten minutes but I'm driving super slowly because my trunk is open, so it takes us half an hour instead. Josh is not happy about this at all.

When we get there, the mechanic helps us get the motorcycle out of the trunk. He examines it and says that he can replace the back (which is the part that I wrecked) but he only has it in Indigo blue and Logan's motorcycle is black.

In other words, he'll probably have to paint over the whole thing and it won't have time to dry. AKA - I have to make sure that Logan stays home until the paint is dry. This is going to be so much fun. Did you hear the pain in that statement?

"Okay, how much is this going to cost me?"

The mechanic brings a calculator and starts listing a bunch of things he's going to have to do before looking at Josh's watch. Oh, fuck, no.

It takes Josh a second to register that the guy is staring at his apple watch. "Come on, man. Not my watch!"

The mechanic shrugs. "I guess you can take the motorcycle to someone else then."

"It's an apple watch, not a rolex!"

"Yeah, but it's the Silver Stainless Steel Case with Leather Loop."

I want to cry.

"I'll get you another one for your birthday," I nudge Josh, who looks like he's going to cry. "Please, please, please?"

"You. owe. Me. so. Bad," He grumbles as he takes off his watch and hands it to the mechanic. At this moment, I would literally give him my two kidneys.

I have to sign some papers and get the receipt while Josh waits for me in the car.

"It's going to be ready by Sunday."

My jaw drops. "Sunday?! What do you mean, Sunday?!" Today is Friday. How the fuck am I supposed to keep Logan inside for two days??

"Miss, it's Friday night. How do you expect me to finish this? How do you expect it to dry?! Sunday is the earliest I can do."

Mechanics are the absolute worst. I suppress the urge to groan and just thank the guy before running back to Josh. "I owe you my life. Thank you so much for doing this. Logan would kill if he finds out."

Josh shakes his head. "You do owe me your life. For that reason, you're going to be finishing the expense reports for the rest of the summer."

"Done. But I have another issue."

"No. I'm done helping you. I just want to get laid. Is that too much to ask for?"

"Josh! Please, the motorcycle won't be ready until Sunday! How am I supposed to keep Logan home for two days?!"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I don't care. It's my weekend, in other words, my sexy time with my boyfriend. Stop being annoying."

"You're taking Adam for the weekend?! And leaving me alone with Logan? That's so cruel."

We bicker back and forth the entire ride home. By the time we get there, Josh is ready to kill me.

"Come on, grab your stuff, we're already late to the movie," Josh rushes to Adam.

"It's okay, babe. We'll just catch the next one."

"I know, but we need to leave already." before your psycho daughter convinces you to stay longer. I see what you're doing, Josh.

He taps his feet impatiently while Logan and Adam chat about the Euro soccer matches and I glare at him. Logan is going to find out if he keeps acting this weird.

Finally, Adam gets his coat, places a quick kiss on my cheek before walking outside. "Behave," He says to Logan, which makes me smile.

Once they walk out, Logan turns to me, and I realize that it's the first time we're alone since yesterday, after he trained the kids. It makes my stomach clench for some reason. That reason could be that his messy curly hair looks extra cute today. Or that he's wearing Blue light glasses which make him a bit nerdy - I gulp when I realize that we've been staring at each other for the past two minutes. "What?" I snap.

He grins. "We have the house to ourselves."

"So?"

"Let's throw a party!"

My chain of thoughts goes as follows: Fuck, no. Wait. Party means getting super drunk, which means hangover all day tomorrow - aka, I don't have to worry about keeping him inside the house because he'd be sleeping all day and then sick when he wakes up. It also means being grounded all day Sunday. That's the perfect plan. 

I gulp my dignity. "I'll call Sabine. She knows who to invite."

"You're a Goddess, Em."

At this moment, I realize three things. First, he's looking at me with stars in his eyes and it makes my insides tight. Second, I just agreed to throw my first party without telling Adam. Third, I need to get drunk. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

895 20 32
One night labels Summer a cheater. Summer's whole life changes after one-night shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly finds herself tr...
306K 247 36
Ellie Mattice is offered the opportunity of a lifetime when she gets accepted as an international student at a leading performing arts school in Lond...
1.9K 56 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...