In My Heart

By vel555

He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and mon... More

⚠IMPORTANT⚠
⚠Alert ⚠
Prologue
❤characters❤
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Story

Chapter 42

20.1K 741 149
By vel555

Khushi's POV

After coming home, I don't know what happened to Shourya. He is behaving differently. The next day he brought a bed into my room. Yes, bed in my room. Not only that, he also asked me to have food with him. First, I thought maybe I was dreaming, but no, it was all reality.

Flashback

After coming home, I freshened up and sat down to do my work. But I got disturbed by a knock on my door.
I went to open the door, and I was shocked to see three men carrying a bed.

"Maam, it's Shourya sir's order to keep this bed in your room," one man said, looking at my confused face.

"There is no need for that. Take it back," I said.

They looked at each other.

"But, maam-"

"Tell your Shourya sir that there is no need for this bed. I am comfortable  sleeping on the floor."

So, after tasting his own medicine, he got to know the effect of it.

They turned back to take that bed back. "You don't have to take it back. Keep it in her room," Shourya said, and he came and stood in my room.

"Who told you to bring that bed?"

"No one. This is my house, so I can bring anything anytime. I don't need anyone's permission," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "You should be happy."

"Why? Because you got another chance to call me a gold digger for using your so -called luxurious things?"

He sighed.

"Khushi, forget those things. I am giving you this bed so-"

"Forget..seriously, Shourya? How can I forget those words, which literally pierced my heart?"

"Khushi I-"i cut him off, showing my palm, and left my room.

It was afternoon. I finished my work and went downstairs to take my food into my room. Jenny was serving it to Shourya. So, I took my plate and turned to go to my room.

"Eat here with me," he said. At first I thought maybe he was saying that to Jenny so, I started going.

"Khishi, I am talking to you."

I stopped at my track and turned towards him . I thought maybe I was dreaming. So, I pinched myself, and to my surprise, I was not dreaming. He really asked me to have food with him. Jenny was also looking at him with surprise.

"You will vomit seeing trash like me sitting at your dining table and having food with you," I mocked him. He closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Khushi, from today onwards you will have your food here, and remember, I don't like to repeat myself," he said and started eating.

I looked at Jenny. She pleaded with me with her eyes to sit there with him. She always wanted that.

I sighed and sat opposite to him and started eating my food.

Flashback ends

Though I didn't want to have my food with him, but still I didn't feel like eating alone.

At home, my mom, Divya, and I used to have food together. I never had my food without them, but after my marriage, everything changed.

That day when we visited my home, I felt so good to have food with my mom and sister. I missed them a lot.

After marriage, whenever I was eating alone in my room, I always remembered them. Sometimes I used to skip my meals, not having an appetite to eat alone. Thinking all this brought tears to my eyes. I didn't want to cry in front of them, so I tried to blink back my tears, but Shourya saw it and asked me what happened. I wanted to yell at him for all that, but  kept quiet, and I said nothing.

It's true that after marriage everything changes. After marriage, we need to think about others before ourselves.

I thought I would marry a person who would respect me, who would support me, who would understand me, who would respect my feelings, and who would love me, and I would live a happy life with him, but after marriag I didn't get even one of these. All I got is humiliations, hurt, insults, tears, and hatred.

I sighed.

Nowadays, I am seeing Shourya change a little bit. Sometimes he tries to talk with me normally. Before, we always used to fight, but nowadays our fights have become a little less.

I know we are not in very good terms with each other, but I still want to give this marriage a chance. The day I got married to him, I accepted him as my husband. I hope he is also trying to give this marriage a chance.

I freshened up and sat down to do my office work. It's been one week since our office started. The renovation is complete, and I must say the interior design of my cabin is really good.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Hey, Khushi, dinner is ready. Shourya is waiting for you," Jenny came and said.

"Ok, Jenny. I am coming." I shut down my laptop and went downstairs.

I took a seat opposite Shourya.

"So, did you like your cabin?" Shourya asked.

"I loved it. I must say your and Rahul's choices are the best."

"Ohh please, I selected everything for your cabin, not Rahul. If you want to thank someone then thank me, not him," he said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, really? Why only for my cabin?" I asked, raising my brows.

"Actu-actually -"

From when did the great Mr. Shourya Kapoor start stammering?

I rolled my eyes. "Forget it. Today Divya called me saying they are coming tomorrow to meet us so, if you don't mind, can I take a holiday tomorrow?" I asked him, doing puppy eyes.

He is very selfish for giving holidays for his employees. He only wants his them to work and work and nothing else. Our selfish boss.

"Ok, you can take it, but only for tomorrow, and after that no more offs..next time your puppy eyes will not work on me," he said in a stern tone. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Are you sure?" I asked in a low voice. Nowadays the words coming out of his mouth make me doubt my hearing.

"Why? Don't you want off?" He asked while munching his food.

"Yes, I want. Now don't you dare  change your decision."

He shook his head and chuckled.

"By the way, will you not stay to meet them?" I asked him. "They will be  happier if you meet them."

"No, Khushi. Tomorrow I have an important meeting with Mr. Raj Verma about the new project, so I can't stay home tomorrow, but don't worry, I will come early tomorrow," I nodded my head. "Thank you."

Divya has become close to him, and nowadays my mom, instead of first asking me how her daughter, she asks me how is her son-in-law is, then she asks me about myself. Seriously, I am her own daughter, not him. I don't know what magic he has worked on my mom and sis to make them start loving him more than me.

Poor me.

Writer's POV

The next day Shourya went to the office early because he had to come home early to meet Khushi's mom and sister.

Khushi entered the kitchen. "Hey Jenny, today I will cook. Please can you bring this from the market?" Khushi showed the list of items.

"Yes, Khushi, but is there something special today that I don't know?"

"Actually, today my mom and sister are coming to meet us for the first time in this house. So, I want to prepare something special for them," she said happily.

"Ok, I will also get a chance to meet them today," Jenny said, taking the list and left.

Khushi was watching TV when she heard a bell ring. She got up and ran to open the door.

"Mom. Divi." She hugged them both.

"Come inside."

"How are you, Di?" Divya asked.

"I am fine, Divi. Ok, you both sit. I am bringing something for you to drink," she got up and went to the kitchen.

"Here," she handed the glass of juice.

"Where is Shourya?" Her mom asked moving her gaze around.

"Mom, he went to the office. There is an important meeting today, so he cannot take a holiday today," she said. "But he said he would come early."

They were talking when someone rang the bell.
Khushi got up. "I will see. Maybe Shourya or Jenny."

She opened the door, but she got a  shock seeing the person standing in front of her. It was none other than her husband's girlfriend, Samaira.

"Stay aside. I want to meet my boyfriend," she said, giving Khushi a disgusted look, and pushing her.

What if mom comes to know about her?

The fear started building inside her.

"Sam-Samaira, Shourya is not there. He has gone to the office. You can go now," Khushi tried to stop her from going inside.

"Who are you to stop me?"

"Samaira, please go. Don't make a scene here." Khushi was trying her best to stop her, but she didn't listen to her.

"Baby!" Samaira tried to call Shourya.

"Hey, there is no baby here. My Di and Jiju (bro-in-law) are newly married." Divya said while looking at Samaira who was calling someone saying baby.

Samaira glared at Divya. "Oh shut up! I am calling my boyfriend," she said, being irritated.

"Khushi, who is the girl?" Her mom asked her, looking at Samaira from top to bottom who was wearing a sleeveless, short, tight- fitting dress which was only three inches below her butt.

"Mom, she is-" Khushi was cut off by Samaira. "Ohh, mom huuh? So you are the mother of this trash, huh?" She said, smirking evilly while looking at Khushi's mom.

Her mom and Divya gasped upon hearing this bad word for Khushi.

"Samaira, don't create a scene. Go from here!" Khushi spoke in a stern tone, but her words fell on deaf ears.

"You want to know who I am, right?" She sat on the couch and crossed her legs. "I am a girlfriend of your loving son-in-law, Mr. Shourya Kapoor."

They were both shocked to hear this. They both looked at Khushi, whose eyes were filled with tears and anger at Samaira.

"Just shut up, you girl! Don't talk nonsense here." Divya yelled at Samaira.

"Ohh, girl, cool down. There is more to know."

"Samaira, go from here before I kick you out," Khushi said, clenching her teeth. By seeing her like that, Samaira's smirk widened.

"Oh ho, Khushi, I didn't give my whole introduction to your mom and sister. How can I go without giving the most important information?"

Khushi knew that something was cooking in her cunning mind.

"We don't need your introduction. You can go now," Urvashi said in a stern tone.

Samaira glared at her. "You old lady, I didn't ask for your permission."

"Samaira!" Khushi came and was about to slap her, but Samaira held her hand before it landed on her cheek.

"Don't you dare raise your hand on me!" She twisted Khushi's hand, which made her wince in pain.

"Leave her, you witch!" Divya shouted and tried to push Samaira.

Samaira left her hand and went near Khushi's mom. "So, you wanted to know me, right? Then let me tell you. I am a girlfriend of Shourya. We love each other. Even Khushi knew it before the wedding, but you know what your douchebag-like daughter did? She spoiled everything," Samaira raised her voice pointing at Khushi, which made Urvashi and Divya gapsed.

Samaira came and grabbed Khushi's arm.
"This girl, snatched my boyfriend from me. She married him just to enjoy his luxuries by telling y'all a lie saying she and Shourya love each other when Shourya hates her. She trapped his parents in her disgusting plan, and they agreed to marry her to their son."

"Samaira, just shut up! Do-don't ta-talk no-nonsense," Khushi tried to stop her. Tears were running down her cheeks.

"My daughter will never do something like that," Urvashi said, looking at Khushi. Khushi looked at her mom with her teary eyes. How much trust she has in her daughter.

"Ohh, really?" Samaira started laughing bitterly. "If you don't believe me, then ask that golddigger!" She yelled, gritting her teeth.

"Don't call my sister a golddigger. You are a golddigger not her. And if you once again said such bad things about my Di, then I will snatch your tongue!" Divya shouted at Samaira.

Khushi was looking at her mom and sister, who have so much trust in her, but fear was also building inside her that after knowing the truth, will they ever trust her? Will they fight for her?

"Don't raise your voice at me, Miss!" Samaira said, glaring at Divya. "If you don't believe me, then ask your cheap sister."

Khushi stiffened.

What she will tell her mom and sis. She can't even tell the truth. What will she tell them?

Urvashi went near her. "Khushi, is she telling the truth?" She asked her calmly. Even she was afraid of answer. In her heart and mind, she was praying that what Samaira was saying was all false.

Her daughter will never do such a thing. Why will her daughter do something like that when she always think well of others? No, her daughter will never do such thing.

Khushi kept quiet and looked down. Tears were not stopping from her eyes.

"Are you also married by snatching someone's love?" Samaira asked Urvashi, smirking at her.

They all gasped.

"Samaira, mind your language!" Khushi shouted at her.

Her heart broke looking at her mom and sis, because of her, they had to hear everything.

Urvashi closed her eyes, letting down her tears.
"Khushi, I asked you something. Is she telling the truth? Did you marry Shourya just for his money? Did lie to us that you both love each other?" Urvashi asked Khushi in a stern tone.

Khushi stared at her mom with fear....

"Mo-mom -"

"Yes or no," she again asked looking at Khushi.

Samaira was dancing in her mind looking at Khushi.

"Mom, it's no-not like-"

"Yes or no!" Urvashi shouted, which made everyone flinch.

Divya was looking at her sister with pity. She knew that her sister would not do something like that. She was also praying in her mind that what Samaira said turned out to be a lie.

"Ye-yes mo-"

THUD!

A slap stung her cheek, and all gasped.
Urvashi slapped Khushi so hard that it left her finger marks on Khushi's cheeks. Khushi was shocked. Never in her life had her mom slapped her, but today.

Divya was also shocked to see her mom slapping Khushi.

Urvashi grabbed Khushi's arms. "Why have you done like that, Khushi? Why?" She shouted at her. Tears were rolling down her cheeks.

How can her daughter, whom she raised with good morals do something like that with others? How can her daughter spoil someone's life for money?

Khushi's heart broke into a million pieces. "Mo-mom, it's no-nothing li-like that the-the way you -" she said between her sobs.

Urvashi stopped her showing her palm. "Don't mom me, Khushi," she said in anger. "I never taught you to spoil someone's life for money. Even your father fulfilled your every wish without looking, if we were capable or not. Then why this, Khushi?" She started feeling weak, so she sat on the couch, holding her head.

Mom, please don't get me wrong. I didn't do this to enjoy luxuries. I am married to pay the debt of Umesh dad.

"Mom, Pl-plea-se don't cry," she said, taking Urvashi's hands in hers.
Urvashi pulled her hands back, which made Khushi feel as if someone had  stabbed her heart with a knife.

"Then what should I do? Should I dance that my daughter has done a great job by spoiling someone's life?" She shouted. "From when onwards, you became a money-minded girl? From when?"

Samaira was enjoying herself looking at the family drama. 'I will not leave you'

Urvashi got up. "Divya, let's go. I don't want to see her face."

"Mom, pl-please do-don't say like tha-that," Khishi pleaded, joining her hands.

"Divya, let's go!" Urvashi held Divya's hand and dragged her with her.

"Mo-mom, please don't go," Khushi tried to stop them, but they ignored her and left.

Khushi fell on her knees and started crying, keeping her palms on her face. "So mine and Shourya's planned work. I must say my baby has a powerful mind," Samaira said evilly, looking at the helpless Khushi.

Khushi's head shot up. "What?" She asked her in disbelief. Her voice came out in a whisper.

"Yes, Khushi baby. This is all planned by your dearest husband.Oops! Sorry MY boyfriend and me," Samaira said, laughing evilly. Khushi was looking at her dumbfounded.

So, this is all their cheap plan to break me. How can they both stoop so low? How??

Shourya, you also joined her. Why, Shourya? Why you did like that? Why????

"Bye, I am going. I am so tired of doing this." She then looked at her wrist watch. "ya, one hour of acting. Bye, sweetheart," Khushi was thinking how well Shourya played with her. How well he acted as if he cared for her mom and sis, and just like a fool she got into his words.

Woww! Shourya, I must say, you are a great actor..woww.

Thinking all this, she smiled painfully.

What did you get by doing all this, Shourya?

"Enjoy your misery, Khushi baby," Samaira said, patting Khushi's cheek, and left from there smiling evilly.

I will never forgive you for this, Shourya.

How was the chapter?

Guys, Please do vote, comment and share .

God bless you all

Vel💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 1.2K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...
235K 8.7K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
227K 8.2K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
1.3M 45.7K 57
"Marrying you was pure business . You were nothing but a pawn to me".He said , without any tress of emotion on his face. "...... Leaving you is my d...