Ghost Hunt Fanfiction: THAT A...

By Jira03

Mai Taniyama is just another highschool student when she met an unfeeling narcissist who came to investigate... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Author's Note
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
My Apologies!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
EXTRA:🌲🎊Christmas Special🌲🎊
Announcement
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44: The Final Arc (01)
Chapter 45: The Final Arc (02)
Chapter 46: The Final Arc (3)
Chapter 47: The Final Arc (04)
Chapter 48: The Final Arc (05)

Chapter 33

600 25 3
By Jira03

A/N: Hello! How are you today?! You have to be in a great mood today because this is the first part of the date! In this chapter, you will meet new characters and will know why Mai suddenly asked him for a date! Do you also remember Mu Lin Yuan mentioning something about ex-fiance?  If you had guessed my plot from some clues I left from the previous chapters, then congratulations to you!

By the way, this is a bonus chapter since it's Father's Day! Hehe. I hope you enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Ghost Hunt.

[Not Edited]

-oOo-

The first time they met, Naru had taken an interest on a girl named Mai. He was amazed by how resistant he was from his looks unlike the others she's has been with. He thought they'll not meet again but he saw her the next day when she injured his assistant. Her head was bleeding but she acted nonchalant about it like she was just scratched. Naru was about to check her after he asked if she's okay but Mai immediately went away with her bleeding head.

They worked together after that event and Naru had to admit, he enjoyed working with her. She's a bit smart too. When he was annoyed, one glance at her and his irritation would suddenly disappear. Naru never understood what Mai really meant to him but he's happy that Mai accepted the job he offered.

The life in the office improved a lot after Mai worked for him. Her tea tasted much better than Lin's and the office is always clean and in order. But it became loud with those shameless rabbles that regularly visits. After the case on the old schoolhouse, Mai and the others became close and meet up every Saturday in his office. Naru would always kick them out but they never learned their lesson and keeps ignoring Naru's words.

Mai is fun to tease. Especially when Naru picks on her brain. For Naru, Mai's really clever but not on his level so anyone who's not in his lever, he considered them fools. Naru loved how Mai's cheeks would angrily bulge but would always give him his tea nice and warm. Naru enjoyed these little episodes more than anyone one thinks.

He felt a bit annoyed when Lin showed him the footage of Mai setting a barrier to protect Ayami and also her drawing in Yuasa Highschool. But it doesn't mean he hates her for keeping a secret. In fact, he understands. He just felt annoyed by it since he wants to know everything about the girl. He didn't know the reason why he's feeling like this but he just do.

His heart would always be unease whenever she's in danger. He wouldn't sit still as she watch her sleeps with wounds or bruises. So when he saw Mai falling to the manhole, he tightened his grip on her hands and used his PK to remove the rocks below them. He knew the consequences of using his powers but if Mai was hurt again, then he would regret it more.

She was beautiful. Her smile and everything about her is pretty. It's really pleasant for Naru to watch her every single move. It's adorable. And he's even more mesmerized when he saw her wearing a traditional Chinese dress. She looks heroic in it but she's beautiful. That is why he didn't wake her up when she's sleeping on a tree beside that lake. Naru watched her sleep as he waited for him to wake up. And he ecstatic when she said she was glad they're friends.

Naru was even more happy when she forced him to treat her dinner after the Yuasa Case. But he's a bit dissatisfied when the others tagged along. When they pretended to be a couple in one ridiculous case, he was happy she picked him as her partner and did not leave him to Masako. That girl annoyed him a bit because she always blackmailed him. But all that irritation vanished when he noticed that they used the same cup. It was so childish and foolish that Naru wants to slap his face to wake him up but it was really how he felt that day.  When she hugged him to lure out the ghost, his heart stopped beating for a while before beating frantically.

Mai is really a magnet for trouble. His who body trembles as he watched Mai's possessed body while investigating John's church. He wanted to finish the case quickly and caged Mai away to keep her from trouble. He really don't favor Christmas but seeing her smile so merrily when he agreed to have a party, he thought it was not bad.

Though he's disappointed that he didn't picked Mai's name after drawing who to give gifts to. He wanted to give her the most beautiful and expensive things on Earth. At that time, he noticed his abnormalities and tried to distance himself from Mai. He thought it's a good thing he went back to England and it would give him more time to think about how important Mai is to him.

And then Naru or Oliver Davis realized that he liked Mai when they were separated during their Christmas vacation. He keeps on remembering her smile and faces evey time he had nothing to do. And even if he's working, he keeps on searching for her presence and her fresh cup of tea. He even thought Mai's the one wearing traditional Chinese clothes when they went to TeAmore to get some drinks.

Being away from Mai means there is no delicious tea and no person to tease. He really missed her that he booked the earliest flight on the day of his return. He admits his feelings for her and is more than willing to accept it. He promised that once everything was done, he's going to officially court her. But he didn't expect her to invite him out on a date after returning. It made his heart flutter.

Naru stood beside Mai outside the SPR office. Mai's right arm was entangled with his as she worriedly look at her phone. Naru then realized that Mai didn't invite him because she like him. His face full of expectations went back to his usual poker face.

"Naru, help me! Please be my pretend boyfriend!" Mai said in a worried tone as she clung both of her hands to Naru's clothes.

She was so close that Naru couldn't help but to blush. She's also staring at him with her puppy eyes. Naru immediately covered Mai's face with his palm and pushed her face away. Naru blushed even more when she remembered her mouth saying 'boyfriend'. He cleared his throat and looks away. They had pretended to be couple before but Naru never expected that to be repeated. Behind that first covering his lips is a genuinely happy smile that rarely appeared on his face. Without facing Mai's limpid and begging eyes, he nodded.

Mai yelled in excitement after she saw Naru's nod. She vowed that everything will be productive today. The bewitchingly handsome Naru is here so victory is on her side. Her eyes burned in motivation as he pulled Naru to the nearest mall.

'I'll show him! I'll show him who's the boss between the two of us!'

Mai's ex-fiance came to Japan to meet her today. Yes, ex-fiance. The Xia's Late Patriarch, her grandfather, arranged a future husband for her before he passed away and her master and Mu Lin Yuan also agreed to this boy. They thought he's good and filial but who would've thought that after Mai stayed in Japan for years, he would find a girlfriend in Mainland China! And worse, he picked the daughter of her money-grubbing uncle!

Xia Meixin is one of Mai's many 2nd cousins. They were not part of the main family but they stayed with the late patriarch to curry favor. Her family is also the one who's currently managing the Xia Family after Mai's mother died. Her Father even became the proxy Patriarch but in truth, they're just waiting for a chance to rob Mai of her inheritance and position.

Mai's young and the 5 year agreement is not still done but the Late Patriarch assigned her to be his successor. It was clearly written on his will and all Mai's inheritance is being managed by her grandfather's lawyer. The old man really didn't give them a chance to rob her while she's still in the 5 year agreement.

Those relatives did order someone to mess with her or even kill her in the pass but they never succeeded. The late patriarch's shadow guards are not vegetarians. Mai's safe and can do whatever she wants until she's 18. However once that agreement is over and she became the head of Xia Family, her relatives will anything to attack her and take all her money. Especially that proxy Patriarch and his  damnable family.

Mai clenched her hands more when she remembered that ex-fiance! That boy was a bootlicking ass when her grandfather's still alive but when that old man and her mother died, he and his family demanded to sever the engagement. The lawyer didn't agree since their family agreed to be engaged in the Xia Family. Seeing their reaction, Mai also wanted to sever the agreement.

That's when she found a loophole on the agreement they had signed. Mai sent an anonymous message to that family in exchange for 10 million and waited for the news to come. That family was a bit reluctant to give her the money in exchange with that information but they really wanted to cut ties with the orphan, Mai, so they agreed.

Not a week after she sent it, they heard the news of that bastard sleeping with Xia Meixin while their engagement is still intact! After the news was leaked, that bastard severed the engagement saying that it doesn't matter who he marry because the signed agreement didn't specify Mai to be her bride. It was fine as long as he married someone from the Xia Family. The lawyer was also knew this and agreed. Of course, that lawyer knew Mai's scheme so he let them dissolve the engagement.

And now, that damn couple dare to come here and asked her meet with them. The 5 year agreement is near its end so they must've come her to check on her and humiliate her. Mai was fuming as she explain her situation to Naru. While cursing those couple, Mai suddenly felt cold and turned to the walking air conditioner beside her. It's clear that Naru's angry.

"What... are...their .....names?" Mai can see veins popping on his forehead as he menacingly let out those words. Mai was scared for a second but after realising that he's angry for her, she beams and smiled at him.

"We'll be meeting with Jiang Anthony and Xia Meixin today. You have to act well so that we'll teach them a good lesson!" Mai happily said and hugged Naru's arm. Mai felt him stiffened and was about to let go when she caught a glimpse of Naru's side profile.

'His face is really the combination of handsome and pretty.'

"Take a picture and it would last longer." Mai, who is dazedly staring at Naru, suddenly snapped and saw Naru's smug face. Mai pushed him and crossed her arms while pouting.

'Oh why did I forgot how narcissistic he was?! You stupid jerk! ARG! Oh.. wait....'

"That's a good idea! Picture!" Mai excitedly yell and pulled Naru towards her and raised her phone to take a picture.

The shutter sounded and captured the moment. In that photo, Mai was looking at the camera while Naru's looking at her side profile. His confusion and surprised is clearly portrayed in the photo. It's even a bit more intimate since Naru's face is close to Mai's cheek like he's about to kiss her. Mai quickly put a filter on it and set it as her phone wallpaper.

Mai happily dragged Naru around the mall and bought a couple's shirt. Mai really careered buying couple's stuff to make them look more like a couple. Naru begrudgingly agreed to anything she said and follow along. In the end, they both wore matching outfits. Mai's shirt is white one while Naru wore the black shirt. There are pink hearts and some cringey words printed on the shirt.

'He is my King'

'She is my Queen'

Naru's eyes wavered at the sight of those words in his shirt and Mai's. Although, he's a bit glad that they're wearing couple stuffs, Naru agreed this public display of affection. He's very uncomfortable wearing this shirt. He doesn't know why Mai's able to tolerate this but he also knew he can't back out. Naru already gave her his words. Besides, apart from the clothes, Naru enjoyed their outing and the attention Mai is giving him.

They roam around the mall and eat some things while waiting for that damn couple to come. They went to KitKat to make some personalized chocolates while also practicing how to naturally act like couples. After making chocolates and touring around, they went to the meeting place when the time's up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 0 7
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...
1.1K 42 8
Shibuya Psychic Research is hired to investigate a delapidated Tokyo schoolhouse. The same day they begin, Ghost Hunt fan girl Nira Narumi falls into...
63 0 8
Ghost Hunt follows the ghost hunting adventures of Mai Taniyama, a first year high school student, who becomes involved with the Shibuya Psychic Rese...
527 12 9
Things take a grim turn when a student's suicide note hint at the beginning of darker times for Ryokuryou High, but Naru is up to the challenge. To m...