Marco vs the forces of Life

Від snowglitchz

Ever since a girl came to live in his house hold. He came to a life with danger. Something he wanted. What he... Більше

1. It Started
2. The Vivid Red Eye's
3. Father Time
4. Dreams
5. Upgrade
6. Truth or Punishment
7. Mackie Hand
8. The Dance
9. Rebel Princess
10. Visiting Star
11. Back to Earth Summer
12. Right Back to Mewni!
13. The Dreams Again
14. Butterfly Form Star
15. Soulrise
16. Holding the Wand
17. Party
18. Photo Booth
19. Marc-nificent Seven V.S Meteora
20. After the Fight
21. Meeting Globgor
23. Catch Up
24. Hanging with Tom
25. Breaking the Blood Moon Curse
26. The Dreams Explained but.....
27. Getting some Answers
28. Too Emotional to make a Portal
29. The Magic Well
30. Made It to Mewni
31.The Solarian Warriors
32. Worlds Clash
33. After the Clash
34. Cheer Up
35. The News
36. Telling Tom
37. Our Baby
38. Care To Join Me?

22. Pie

199 7 1
Від snowglitchz

It's been days since we last came to the temple. We need to take a break. We need to refreshed up. The search for Star's Mom was long. I was pretty much starving. I spent like 1300 for 2 pies. Well, I bought one more last minute before we left the pie carnival. Of course, I hid it since Star and River are against pie folk. We walked back to the Monster temple. We were heading in but River was sitting outside. He still wasn't use to all to this change. We left him there since there wasn't really anything to convince him. We walked up the stairs. I see Eclipsa using her wand putting floral decoration. The temple looks nice and cozy.

"Hey, Eclipsa!"

"Oh, Star! Marco! Welcome back! Any luck finding your mother?" Star sighs.

"No."

"You know, have you checked the tower down the way?"

"I've checked the tower."

"Three times." I whisper to Eclipsa.

"Well, you never can be too thorough."

"You want to bet?"

"What?" Star poofs Cloudy away.

"The castle's really coming along."

"It's a work in progress. Luckily, I've had lots of help from my transition team. I'd be lost without them." The roses did look nice. I find them pretty comforting. Then the noises of puppies came. They started running to us.

"Aah, puppies! Aw, did you miss us?"

"Let's head inside. You must be tired."

"Actually, I could really go for some food," I admit. My stomach growled. Eclipsa leads us inside. As we walked in, I can hear the knights. With the lighting and decorations if kind of didn't look abandon.

"Where's your father? Still camping off-site?" We were at the foyer.

"You know my dad. He's processing things slowly."

"Princess Star! I mean, Regular Star! How goes the search for your mother?" We walk to Lavabo.

"It's going. Just... taking some time to recharge."

"Did you check that tower?"

"So, Lavabo, how are things going here?" I cut in.

"I am busy performing my royal duties as always."

"Mmm. Fresh linen smell."

"I am... still getting used to seeing the fruits of my labor defiled."

"Oh, Star! Did you find your mother? Things have been a bit, uh... different in her absence."

"Star, might I borrow you for a second?" She gestures me to follow as well. Eclipsa guides us to Globgor's chamber. I look up seeing Monsters using pickaxes to chip the crystal.

"Wow. This is quite a production."

"I've spared no expense to free my poor husband."

"Ohhh, not again!" Bear monster's axe breaks.

"That is... not working."

"No, it's not. But I just can't help but try everything I can to bring him back. You know what that's like."

"Yeah, I do."

"Let's get you settled in." She leads us out. I look at the monsters still trying to mine the crystal. I bit my lip. Why can't the crystal break already? Wait what? Did I actually say that? Why?

"Marco where did you go?"

"Coming!" I run to catch up. I make it and Eclipsa continues leading us. She opens the door and walks in.

"I'm afraid your rooms aren't quite ready yet. Things have been a bit hectic around here."

"Ha-ha-ha! Don't worry about it. I'm just happy to sleep in a real bed for once." I say laying down on the bottom bunk. I felt my muscles relax for a while.

"I'm glad you're okay with it Marco." I gave her a smile.

"Thanks, Eclipsa." I sit up. I walk her.

"But Eclipsa is th-" I hear noise at the beds. I turn seeing Star on the top bunk.

"Oh! Would you look at that? My old spying spell! Back to work already, Star?"

"Yup. May as well start quadruple-checking all the places."

"That's... very thorough of you. But don't work yourself too hard. You need some time to rest."

"Ugh! This is pointless!" Star jumps off bunk bed, runs off. "Star, wait!"

"It's okay Eclipsa. We should let her." I sighed. I actually feel bad for Star. Unlike her I do know where my parents are at. I frowned looking at the ground.

"Marco why don't you come with me. Maybe you could use a breather." I nod following her. She goes to the table that has clothes and starts folding it. I decided to help her a bit. We folded in silence. I'm worried about her. We were on the last bit when she told me she can do the rest. I didn't argue. I rested my elbows on the table. I watch her fold the last couple of clothes. She was folding the last one which was a towel. It had her cheek marks on them.

"I'm worried about Star. If she can't even find Moon with the All-Seeing Eye, well, it's not a good sign."

"But she was in a dimension of pure magic! I mean, maybe there's some kind of interference or something?" I suggested.

"That doesn't really change how my spell works, Marco. I'm afraid someone will have to have a very difficult conversation with Star." I sighed as she handed me the towels.

"I know. There's just never a good time." I hear footsteps. I turn seeing Star pass by the door.

"Now might be a good time." I look down at the towels I place them on the table.

"Okay...." Eclipsa places a hand on my shoulder.

"You'll be fine sweetie." I look at her softly. She places a hand on my face and I didn't mind it. It was like it was familiar. I close my eyes feeling relaxed. I peek my eyes open seeing Eclipsa smiling at me softly, but I think realization hit us. We stood still for a second. Eclipsa kept her smile as she took her hand away. I was actually a bit sad she did.

"You should be off now. It is quite getting late."

"O yea." I walk to the door. I turn to her.

"Good night Eclipsa."

"Good night Marco." I walk off. I grab my bag pulling out my Pj's and get changed. I walk to the door. I see Star looking at something. She was focused on it. I take a deep breath. I know on the door frame. She looks at me.

"Hey. Could we, uh... chat?" I walk to the bunk beds.

"Yeah, sure, what's up?" I hop onto her bunk bed and sit next to her.

"So... how is... you? I mean... I mean, how is you are doing?"

"Ugh, you are so bad at small talk. Just get to it."

"Okay, okay. It's just... we've searched everywhere in the kingdom for your mom, but we never seem to get any closer to finding her. Have you ever worried that maybe there's a... a tiny chance that... we might never find her?"

"Nope. We'll find her. I know it."

"But how can you possibly know that?"

"Because I have this." She hands me a photo.

"A picture of us that says, Beach Day?" I was confused.

"Look closely, Marco. When exactly did we go to that beach?"

"What is this?" I look more closely.

"It's a gift from Father Time. It's from the future.

"What?!" I was shock.

"Father Time gave it to me, and I keep it with me because sometimes I need a reminder—" Wait a second.

"Oh, my gosh, this was on our fridge! How long have you had this thing?! That's, like, so many levels of time paradox!"

"Just listen, okay?! I don't know how, but someday soon, we're gonna have this awesome beach day, and there's no way I'd be this happy if we never found my mom." I realize she was right. I know Star and she would be happy if her Mom was found.

"Huh. Well... I'm not keen on paradoxes, but you do look pretty happy in that photo. Still a paradox, though. Let's get some rest. The sooner we find your mom, the sooner we get to go to the beach." I flop down on my bed. The bottom bunk. I felt good. I kicked her bed mattress above me with my feet.

"Good night." I tell her.

"Night night, Marco." She turns off bed lamp. "Good night, future Star." I felt my stomach growl a bit. I still haven't eaten. I pull out the hidden pie. I start unwrapping it. It looks good. I was about till eat it until I hear a gasp.

"You bought one of their pies?!" She falls out of bed. "Aah!"

"Star! I'm tired of corn, okay? Don't judge me."

"Those pies are garbage, so, yes, I will judge you." I take a bit.

"Mm! Mmm! Star, you should try this. It's actually pretty good!"

"Yeah, who am I kidding? I'm not above garbage." I give the pie to her. I continue chewing the piece I bit.

"Marco!" She suddenly punches me in the gut, causing me to spit out the piece of pie I was chewing. That hurt.

"Over, under, around, and through! Grab the little Mewni rabbit, pull him through!"

"What are you doing?"

"The crust! It's just how my mom makes it! She made them all the time when I was a little girl!"

"So, do you think... ?

"Yes." She turns the pie over. The bottom of the pie tin reads BAKED FRESH ON PIE ISLAND. "My mom made these pies." 

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

9.9K 259 38
No one could ever trick the Princess of Mewni, Star Butterfly... Yeah, you can trick her but you can never FULLY trick her... Means, that you can't t...
27.8K 849 20
Star was the next heir to Rule Mewni, at 22 she has to marry but all the men that her parents picked for her doesn't really fit her interest so she d...
82K 1.4K 33
Star butterfly is known as the cute , strong princess from another dimension ... Marco Diaz is known as a cute , safe kid from earth ... What happe...
5.1K 73 19
[Editing] After Star Butterfly, a perfect princess of the kingdom of Mewni, gets sent to Earth to train her magic she runs into Marco, the school ba...