32. Worlds Clash

"Soooo... I'm not hearing a, thank you. I mean, I just saved your life!"

"Hekapoo, we were kinda in the middle of something," I cut in.

"In the middle of dying! But hey, I took you somewhere that will solve all that business." Hekapoo knocks on a tree trunk. A doorway and a stoic-looking bouncer rises out of the mud. "Welcome to the Tavern at the End of the Multiverse!" The Tavern at the End of the Multiverse's neon sign blinks on and off. Hekapoo opens tavern door. "Now come on, are you just gonna stand out there in the rain?" I look at Star. "They're with me," Heckapoo tells the bouncer. I follow Star into the tavern. "Hey, Moonie, are you coming in?" I look around seeing it was an Elevator. Moon finally comes in. It moves down till it finally dings.

"Welcome to the furthest possible place away from all your problems." Heckapoo leads the way in. We follow her. "This quaint watering hole sits at the end of reality and at the start of complete nonexistence. "The far-right end of the tavern is a black void.

"Hear, hear! Oh!" He gets sucked into the void. A Dog Patron growls at Moon and Eclipsa. "I'm getting a vibe that we're not welcome here." I get between them. Hekapoo sits on couch. "Most of these people left their dimensions to get away from magical issues or power-hungry rulers. You check both boxes."

"What?! This doesn't solve any of our problems!"

"Yeah, it does! We got a sweet place to hang out as gets destroyed."

"Hekapoo, give me the scissors."

"Wait, what are you doing?"

"Globgor needs my help."

"Yes, but it's too dangerous."

"Yeah, it's too dangerous because of YOU!"

"Well, y'all are buzzkills. I'm gonna go make the best of this mess."

"Star, let's just take a seat and talk about this."

"What is there to talk about exactly? We can't go back to Mewni because we'll die from a situation that YOU caused! So just stay far away from me! Or better yet, stand over there where you don't exist!" Star walks away.

"Was that your daughter? Talking to you like that? I could never talk to my mom like that, I tell ya." Okay I can't Star is stress. Maybe I can get her something to drink to cheer her up. I walk up to the bartender. I look over the drinks they have. This is too much. I can't help the monsters that are in danger. I couldn't protect Star, Eclipsa, or Globgor. No. No time to mope. Right now, Star needs me.

"They have the best pomegranate juice here in the multiverse. Give it a try." I nod at Heckapoo. I order just one. I didn't have the stomach for it. After they finished making it, I pay for it and walk up to Star who was sitting by herself and her legs.

"Hey, hey, hey there, buddy. You... You doin' okay?" She groans and turns away from me. "Uh, Hekapoo said this place has the best pomegranate juice in the multiverse." I slurp to show her. "You wanna try?" She groans and gets ups up.

"I hate magic." She walks away.

"W-What?"

"You were right, Marco! Magic's just... Ugh! I don't even know what it is! I hate magic!" I slurp on the drink again. It was good.

"I mean, my wise, royal family keeps solving situations with the stuff, but – oops – we just cause more problems!"

"This universe would be better without it!"

"That's right! Magic's the worst, and the people that use it are idiots!"

"Yeah!" Everyone in the Tavern yelled.