Innocently Falling

Door Imisshoe

Meet Ella a simple minded girl who just wants to go out of her small town to grow as a person. She is quirky... Meer

Chapter 1: Here I come
Chapter 2: It Begins
Chapter 3: Interview day
Chapter: 4 Work. Work. Work.
Chapter 5: Curious
Chapter 6: A fabulous Friend
Chapter 7: Routine
Chapter 8: Crush
Chapter 9: Meal
Chapter 10: Something fishy
Chapter 11: delivery
Chapter 12: just a stomach ache
Chapter 13: Am I dead?
Chapter 14: Nurse
Chapter 15: Caring for You
Chapter 16: Hospital Vacation
Chapter 17: Furious
Chapter 18: Hallucination
Chapter 19: Microwave
Chapter 20: formal wear not required
Chapter 21: Coffee date??
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Missing you.
Chapter 24: Giddy
Chapter 25: Daddy
Chapter 26: Warmth
Chapter 27: My Escape
CHAPTER 28: Teflon
CHAPTER 30: The Boss
CHAPTER 29: Impossible
Chapter 31: What If
Chapter 32: IG official
Chapter 33: Save the Planet
Chapter 34: Dark side
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Amen
Chapter 37: Displacement
Chapter 38: Oh brother
Chapter 39: Meeting
Chapter 40: Birthday
Chapter 41: Bitten fruit
Chapter 42:BJ
Chapter 43: Hooker
Chapter 44 Spongebob
Chapter 45: SleepOver
Chapter 46: Physical
Chapter 46: $100
Chapter 47: 4.0
Chapter 49: Hybrid
Chapter 50: Bleeding
Chapter 51: College adventures
Chapter 52: let it go
Chapter 53: M.I.B
Chapter 54: looney toons
Chapter 55: The pre-nup
Chapter 56: I do not!
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 4 ver. 2.0
Bonus Chapter 5
Bonus Chapter 5 ver 2.0
Chapter 5 version 3.0
Bonus Chapter 6
Bonus Chapter 7
Bonus Chapter 8
Bonus Chapter 9
Bonus Chapter 10
Bonus chapter 11
Bonus Chapter 12

Chapter 48: Assignment

26.6K 1.1K 316
Door Imisshoe

Chapter 48: Assignment

This is the continuation of the last chapter. There will be  numerous time skip and flashbacks on the following chapters.

ELLA'S POV

-Flashback-

Proposal.

He wants to propose? Of what?

Like powerpoint presentation?

Gideon is still looking at me waiting for my answer.

I voiced out my question.
"Proposal of what?"
Gideon chuckles.

"Proposal of marriage love."

Ah! I get it!

"You're willing to marry me Gideon?"
I ask. Why am I getting nervous?

"Yes love."

"I mean really really sure?"

"Yes."

"Not jokey jokey?" I ask again just to make sure he'll not back out on his words.

"Of course not love!"

I jump up from our bed and do a victory dance for the second time of the day.

"We-are-getting-married" I sang repeatedly.

I do the doggie dance and that ney ney dance.

"What the hell?!" Gideon exclaimed. He stood up and grab my arm.

I stop dancing and look at Gideon.

"What?! You don't like my victory dance?" What move should I try next?

"No! Not that! Why are you celebrating? I did not even propose yet."

"But I did and you said yes!" So I continued my victory dance. I tried doing belly dancing but my tummy just inflate and deflate. Fail. Moving on!

"I am so confused love." Gideon slumped on the bed. Defeated.

"So when are we going to buy the rings?"I ask excitedly on his slump form.

"No!!"

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
We are not engaged yet.

I misunderstood.

I thought I can propose but Gideon vehemently insist that HE will be the one to do It and I should not steal his thunder.

One question okay make it two. How can you steal someones thunder? Annnddd It's just a sound right? how can I steal a sound?

Thinking so much always cause me a headache. That's why I always prevent doing that. Highly recommended. It is life changing.

In less than a week the first semester will start. I am excited but also sad since I needed to resign because according to Gideon he wants me to focus on studying.

What gave him an impression that I can focus on ANYTHING?
My attention span is the same length as Gideon's patience which is nonexistent.

I told him I can work and study at the same time but he can not be swayed even after I threatened him that no more kisses.

Flashback
As I was eating my snack I said
"Gideon can you please adjust my work hours? My classes are until 2pm so maybe after my class I can go straight here and do my pending work."

He stopped typing on his laptop and said.

"No. Focus on your study love. AFTER you graduate then you can work."

"Bu-" he narrow his eyes daring me to contradict him which I did not. I don't want to die yet.

"Fine no more kisses!" I exclaimed.

He shrugged his shoulders and said "okay."

After 10 minutes I can't stand It so I am showering his face with kisses just because I can.

"I thought no more kisses?" He ask. Basking from the attention I am showering him.

"Kisses Gideon the chocolate not this kisses"  I explained which is total Bullfart.

"If you say so love. Now stop talking and continue kissing me. You miss some part of my neck love." He pointed the area below his ear.

Did I?

End of flashback

So now here I am standing on our room waiting for Gideon to get his wallet because we're gonna go buy my school supplies.

"Let's go love."

Gideon bought different types of notebook that he swears I will use and different colors of highlighters, sticky note and pens.

Before I buy the thinnest and the cheapest notebook that Is available but now my notebook has those hardbound covers and It has cartoon characters printed on the front.

We went to the mall. We went to a store named Gucci? I don't know how to pronounce a 2 consecutive 'c' on a word. He bought me a messenger bag to place my things.

He said I am not required to bring my books which is a relief because they are heavy.

I am excited to go to school opposite on what's Gideon is feeling. He is sad that he'll not see me for 7 to 8 hours which he said is depressing.

Then I reminded him that it will be 4 years of that same schedule and his face crumpled and now he was pouting in the corner grumbling on why did he not suggest homeschooling.

He is not the only one.
I call Blakey that I got accepted to NYU.

Call conversation with Blake

Ella: Blakey! Guess what?!
Blake: What princess?
Ella: I got accepted at NYU!
Blake: Really? That's my Girl!
Ella: I can't believe it also. Imagine 4 years of studying again at 23? I might be the oldest one in my class!
Blake: Wait. Wait. Four years? Shit. You mean I'll not see you regularly in 4 years? Fuck that! You want to be a teacher right? I'll just build a school and you can be the principal no need to go to school princess. Four years is too long!
Ella: You're so silly Blakey. Stop joking!

That's what I thought. Blake was serious. He even brought a blue print of the suppose school. Gideon is on board on that school thing. They are both crazy.

We made an agreement that Gideon will fetch me to and fro the school. Then I will visit Blake whenever I am not busy. I just nodded so they can shut up.

My friends are very supportive and not as clingy as my brother and boyfriend. thank God!

Chance gave me some pointers about some of my professors and where can I buy affordable but delicious food which is very helpful because like I said food is life.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

It's the first day of school.
As promised Gideon came with me.
He drove his red Lamborghini Urus which I just saw for the first time.
Apparently he just bought it.

We are followed by 2 black SUV. Even if I planned to blend In it will be futile. Who the heck goes to school with flashy cars followed by 2 cars packed with security details?

Gideon parked the car near the building of my first class. He turn his body to me and recite so many reminders that I know I'll forget as soon as I go out of this car.

"Love be careful. If they ask you something especially a boy tell that fucker that you have a boyfriend."

Huh?

"What if a female ask me?"

"Tell her too that you are taken. Any gender just to be sure. You're phone should be attach to you always. Just one call love or miscall I'll come to you immediately. Understood?"
I nodded.
He checked if my phone was hanging from my neck. Satisfied he continue his tirade of reminders.

"Your card is on the back of your phone. I checked and all shops accepts card payments so you can buy whatever you want. Just in case I put money on your bag last night."

I rummage inside my bag and there on the side pocket there is the blue hermes wallet that he bought. I opened and inside there is a wad of cash.

"Lastly love"

Wow he is still not done yet. How long is this list?

"I'll leave your security detail. If there is something wrong just go to them. Don't worry they'll blend in so you don't need to worry."

"And love." I cut him off.

"Okay okay! I understood! No need to add more. Basically don't talk to anybody"

"I did not say that." He said.

"Suuurre."

Just to mess with him I said.

"Where is my water bottle Gideon?" I ask.

"Shit! It's not in your bag? I swear I placed it beside your bag this morning."

Huh? He really prepared a water bottle?

He unbuckled his seatbelt and look at the back of the car to see if he magically placed that "water bottle" that is missing at the back.

"I even put ice inside. Where did I put it? Wait love." He brings out his phone and call someone.

"Sir."

"Liam did anyone of you saw a purple thermos bottle?"

Liam?

I can hear a murmur from the other line.

"Yes sir. We grab it this morning we thought it was Miss Ella's."

Gideon let out a big sigh of relief.

"And sir Giacomo gave a packed lunch and snack for Miss Ella."

Packed lunch? How sweet of G to do that.

"Okay bring it to the car."

"Come on love. It is almost time for your first class. I'll accompany you to your classroom."

Gideon went out of the car and jog to my side. He opened my side and unbuckle my seat belt.
He grab my bag and sling it to his shoulder.
He then placed his hand on top of my head the other grasp my hand and murmur. "Mind your head love."

One of the MIB is holding my packed lunch and the suppose water bottle.

Gideon and the MIB "insert intense eyeroll" accompanied me to to my first class. Students and teachers alike are curious who are we but they can't get a glimpse because we are surrounded by wall of muscles.

"I am surprised that Blakey is not here."

Gideon smirked and said.
"Oh no. He wants to go believe me but he overslept. Cara called me this morning. She tried waking him up but he kept telling her "five more minutes" Blake never overslept but for the first time he did and it is on your first day too. Sucks to be him!"

"I'll remind him for the rest of his life that he missed your first day love." Gideon gloated.

Sometimes I feel that I am a third wheel in their relationship.

We reach my class and Gideon gave me my bag and one of the MIB hands my water bottle and packed lunch and snacks.

"Have a great day love. Don't forget my reminders." Gideon kissed my forehead and hugged me tight.

"I'll miss you Love." He murmured.

"I'll miss you too." I let go because a line of student wants to enter the room already and we are blocking the front door.

"Bye!"

I push Gideon to go already if not he will stay and join my class. He will totally do that.
I saw that he is pouting. My big baby.

The people in the hallway parted when Gideon passedby. Some of the female students giggled when they saw a glimpse of him.

I entered the class room and I chose the seat at the back. I placed my things on the floor.

I feel my phone vibrate and saw Gideon calling. I ignore his call. It's not even a full minute and he is calling me already!

"Hey."

I look to my side and see a 2 girls sat beside me.

Oh no! Human interaction! Be normal and act normal Ella!

"Hi." I shyly replied.

"Can I ask you a question if you don't mind?"

"Sure."

"Do you know who's that hunk outside our classroom a few minutes ago?"

"Uhm. No. I don't know him. I just know that they where blocking the doorway."
I lied. I am sorry lord jesus. Don't tell Gideon.

"Bummer. Whoever he accompanied today is sure a lucky lady." She dreamily replied.

Yes. I totally do.

The students scrambled to their seats when the professor entered the room.

"Welcome to English lit. I am Professor Ridley. Now to start our class I want you to pass an essay about a certain classic authors you know and write why do you think they are overrated. Print it in a short bond paper, minimum of 500 words, Times New Romans size 12."

Assignment on our first day? College is definitely on another level.

My morning classes passed by surprisingly most of the students I interact are nice.

I have 1 hour break before my last class at 1pm which is algebra. Fun.

I sat on the grass and spread out the food Giacomo prepared for me. A paper fell out of the package.

Miss Ella congratulations on your first day! The whole staff is rooting for you. If you need something just tell us and we will help you.

I prepare tempura, fried chicken and a side of Mac and cheese. For your lunch. I hope you like it.

-love your staff-
PS: you're our favorite. Don't tell sir 🤭

They are so funny and lovely. I ate my food leasurely since I still have a lot of time. So far I have 3 assignments. On english lit, history and American government. Can you believe it?! On the first day! No one informed me about this.

As I finish my food one of the MIB went out of hiding and said

"Miss Ella we can pack up your stuff. So you can go to your next class."

I thank him and ungracefully stand up. I slung my messenger bag and went to my last class.

My last class is like an auditorium. It's big.

Slowly students are trinkling inside the room. The professor entered and he introduced himself as Professor Anderssen.

He gave us a pop quiz to see how extensive our knowledge in Algebra.
We exchanged papers after the exam and check our answers.
We pass our papers without knowing our scores.

"Ella Hernandez raise your hand please."

Uh oh. What did I do?

I reluctantly raise my hand. All the students look at me with curiosity.

"Good Job you got a perfect score. You can take your leave."  What? I can leave?

"You mean I can go home?"

He nodded.

Wow okay. I awkwardly grab my things and send my classmates a sheepish wave.

I saw some of them begging me with their eyes to bring them with me.

I walk out of the building and immediately one of the MIB approached me.

"Miss Ella is there something wrong?" He immediately ask.

"No no. My professor just told me I can go home. Since I have more free time can we go to Blake's office?"

"Sure Miss."

The sun was at it's peak at this time. So I cover my eyes with my hands to lessen the glare of the sun.

I was surprised when another MIB came with a black umbrella. How sweet of them.

Blake's office is a little bit farther from the campus. This is the first time I went to his office.

A building probably the same height as Gideon's welcomed me.

The guards are much more stricter and they ask for Identification right at the entrance.

I was rummaging my bag for one of my ID's but one of the MIB's talk to the guard. The Guard let me pass immediately.

"Thank you!"

I skipped towards  reception since I don't know what floor is my brother's office.

"Goodafternoon. Welcome to Bradford Headquarters. What can I help you with?" A beautiful lady with red hair and brown eyes that looks like a model ask me.

"I am here to see Blake. What floor is he in?"

"Do you have an appointment ma'am?"
She ask.

"Uhm no. He said I can come without one."

"It is strictly by appointment ma'am. I am sorry."

"Okay. I'll just call him." The lady raised her eyebrows clearly skeptical.

I press the speed dial for Blake and in one ring he answer the phone.

"Princess? Are you there? I am so fucking sorry I did not come with you on your first day. An-"

I cutt him off
"Blakey Explain later. I am on your office's lobby and I can't go up because I have no appointment. The nice lady said I shoud have one."

"Really?! Oh forgodsakes. One minute! Princess! One minute!" He shouts from the other line.

He dropped the call. I smiled at the receptionist.

In less than a minute Blake was striding towards my place and he is scowling. The employees unconciously part ways to make way for Blake's hulking form.

He glared at the receptionist and said.
"No appointment for her. Ever. Understood?"

The lady nodded including all the staff beside her.

Blake grabbed my hand but before we walk I turn back and said thank you to the receptionist.

On the way to his office Blake is still scowling but as soon as he close his office door his face became apologetic.

"I am so sorry princess." He hugs me real tight.
"I was so excited last night for your first day. I even plan on what suit I'm gonna wear. I don't know why I overslept. Forgive me princess."

"It's okay Blakey. Don't be sad. Everything is alright. Gideon is with me so no problem."

"That's the problem he is with you and I am not. Don't you think I don't know? That fucker went here this morning  and gloats that he accompanied you right up to your first class and I am not there!" Blake whined.

Gideon really did what he said.

"Okay okay. You can bring  me to school tomorrow."

"It's not the same princess!"

What can I do to make him feel better. A bright idea came to my mind.

"Hey Blake can you help me with my assignment?"

As soon as he heard my request his face brightened.

"Absolutely!" He exclaimed.

I bring out one of my notebooks containing the draft for my english lit.

"Here I need you to type this for me because you know I don't use computer.  I also write what my prof's specifications."

He grab my notebook and scan whatever I've written there.

"This is easy princess. Sit down and make yourself comfortable and I'll finish this thing in no time!"

Blake cutely skip to his table. Imagine a giant skipping. If I told his employees that he act like this no one will believe me.

He prop my notebook beside his laptop so he can see what I've written. Someone knock on his door which he ignored.

His door opened and I assume his PA entered tablet in hand.

"Mr. Bradford your 2pm is here."

"Cancel"

"Bu-"

"Did I stutter?" Blake sternly said.

"As you wish sir." She briefly glance my way before closing the door.

He is really the bestfriend of Gideon. They are the same. Practically twins.

A knock again was heard and one of the MIB brought cakes and pastries. He placed it on the table.

"Ms Ella what drink do you prefer?"
He ask respectfully.

"I can't decide."

"Just bring her all the available drinks Liam."

Who is Liam? This is the second time I heard that name.

"Okay sir." He bowed and went out of the room.

"Princess if you need help on your assignments, project anything tell me and big brother will do it for you. Understood?"

"Understood Big brother." He smiled big with my response. He is clearly pleased.

"Aww! You're so cute! By the way if this professor did not gave you an A+ tell me."

I roll my eyes at him.

At 3pm I can hear a commotion outside Blake's office.

His door opened and there he is my dashing boyfriend glaring at a smirking Blake.

"Love why did you not tell me you're going here? And you!" He pointed out to my brother.
"Why are you smiling?! What did you do?!"

"Ask who help Ella on her assignment? It's me fucker!"

"What?!" Gideon gasp.

Gideon looked at me as if I betrayed him.

"Love! What the hell? Of all the people you can ask you chose him?!"
Gideon whined.

"Rosen-Hower is Jeaalouusss! Blake 1, James fucking 0"

Blake even lifts up the 4 pages that he printed a while ago.

Gideon walk to Blake's desk to see what subject and exclaimed. "English lit? Love he failed English lit. He doesn't even know the difference between You, Your and You're!"

"Hey you bastard that is only one time! One fucking time!" Blake exclaimed.

"No it's not!" Gideon shouted back.

I just ate my food while they bicker. They bicker and tease each other like five year olds.

"Uhm I have another assignment." I mumbled.

"I'll do it!" They both shouted.

Oh God. Help me

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

307K 7.7K 29
Amelia Wilson She is smart, cute, a little bit clumsy and is completely oblivious to her surrounding. She lost her parents when she was just 5 years...
1.1M 19.8K 18
18 years old Amelia has always found life to be extremely tough, ever since she was conceived and left at the door step of an orphanage called Madiso...
142K 3.8K 24
On the surface, Aiden had it all. Wealth, good looks, and intelligence. But beneath the veneer of masculine perfection lay a broken man. A man obsess...
5.3K 139 38
Everyone has light as well darkness in their life . The life 26 year old multi billionaire CEO, Nathan Pierce has always been hollo...