Reminder | Bucky Barnes x Rea...

By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

'You are just a reminder of everything you did to me! I hate you!' He wanted to put everything in the past an... More

Author's Note
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
Epilogue

t w e n t y - t w o

13.6K 436 110
By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

I ran through the doorway and past the Avengers. I used my telekinesis to push agents out of my way and to keep bullets from hitting me. I heard Bucky roar my name, but I ignored him, killing List being the only thing on my mind.

"Get Wanda out of here!" I called back.

I ran through the Hydra base, killing agents along the way. I had memorised the layout of the base and knew exactly where List would be. The control centre.

I found the door and kicked it open. There were ten agents in the room plus List. I threw a couple of the agents across the room with my telekinesis before attacking three more in combat. The rest I used my telepathy to kill.

I turned to face List when a gunshot went off. I cried out at the bullet tore through my abdomen. List shot again and I used my telekinesis to stop the bullets. He shot until he was out of rounds, and all of the bullets stayed in the air in front of him.

I placed a hand to my gut to stop the blood from seeping onto the floor entirely.

"You know, if I hit an artery, you'll be dead within minutes," List said.

"You'll be dead before then," I said.

I threw him across the room with my power. He hit the opposite wall, and I winced at the headache forming from the use of so much power. My vision blurred and I shook my head to clear it.

I pulled a gun out of its holster and pointed it at him. His face paled.

"You killed my parents," I panted. "You had the Winter Soldier torture me for years. No more."

I pulled the trigger, and the shot was loud in my ears. Blood splattered on the walls, staining them. List was dead, and I could finally rest. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen, and I fell to my knees. I toppled sideways, and my vision began to fade.

I heard my name being called, and footsteps, and then I faded into the land of dreams.

*

Bucky's hand was on my waist. He spun me through the ballroom. It was just us two, the sound of pretend music playing in my ears, music that only I could hear.

A gust of wind tore my gaze from Bucky's face. I turned to the side to see a golden light. Bucky and I both stopped dancing and turned to face the light. Bucky still held my hand in his. I took a step towards the light, but Bucky pulled me back.

"Stay with me," he murmured. "You'll be alright."

I turned to look at Bucky.

"Please, stay with me."

The voice was Bucky's, but Bucky didn't open his moth to utter the words.

"Please, y/n. Please stay with me."

The voice was coming from the light. I let go of Bucky's hand and walked towards the light. He didn't try to stop me, so I walked all the way.

*

"Y/n, please don't leave me."

The world was dark behind my eyelids. I cracked my eyelids open and closed them again as light flooded my vision. I opened my eyes, squinting, waiting for the light to stop attacking my eyes.

I turned my head to the side to see Bucky. He was holding my hand to his lips and his eyes were closed. I saw a tear slip down his cheek and I pursed my lips. I moved my hand slowly so that it came to rest on his cheek. Bucky looked up at me and I smiled weakly at him.

"Hi there," I croaked. "Can I get some water? Please?"

Bucky jumped straight into action. He stood up and I took in my surroundings. I was in one of the medical beds. Bucky came back and helped me sit up. I hissed in pain and he looked at me concernedly.

"Can I please have some water before you become an overbearing mother hen?" I asked.

Bucky snorted and handed me the glass of water. I gulped it down greedily and handed it back to him.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Three days," Bucky said.

There was a moment of silence before Bucky spoke again.

"You are so goddamn lucky that List didn't hit an artery, or something vital," Bucky said angrily.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, y/n," Bucky snapped. "You could have died!"

"List is dead now," I said. "That's all that matters."

Bucky threw his arms up in the air in exasperation.

"No, y/n. What matters is that you're still alive! If you had – if he had –"

Bucky stopped talking and turned away.

"Bucky, look at me," I said.

Bucky turned back around I saw tears in his eyes. I motioned for him to come back. He did and he sat on the chair next to my bed. I took his hand in mine.

"I am safe," I said. "Yeah, I guess what I did was kind of stupid. I just – I wanted to end him, you know? To make sure that he didn't do it to anyone else, and to end him for hurting me."

Bucky squeezed my hand and pressed his lips to my knuckles.

"You scared the absolute shit out of me," he admitted.

"Why? Do you like me or something?" I asked.

Bucky smiled and rolled his eyes. I smiled back at him, before my smiled dropped.

"Wanda –"

"Is fine," Bucky said. "She was out for a day but she's perfectly fine now."

I nodded. Bucky stayed with me until Bruce came down to check on me. He took some tests and deemed that I wasn't going to die on the spot. I just had to take it easy, so that I didn't tear my stitches.

Once that was done, I was allowed to leave. I shakily stood on my feet with Bucky supporting me. I inhaled sharply at the pain in my left side when I stood on my left foot.

"Are you okay, Sweetheart?" Bucky asked me.

I nodded with my eyes squeezed closed.

"You don't look it," he said.

I flipped him off, my eyes still tightly closed.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Bucky asked.

I opened my eyes to look at him and nodded softly. Bucky braced my back and gently swept me into his arms. He waited for me as I adjusted in his arms. When I was comfortable, he began walking at a leisurely pace. He got into the elevator.

"Friday, please take us to our floor," Bucky said.

"But I want to see Wanda," I said. "And everyone else."

"You need rest, in your own bed," Bucky said.

"Bucky!" I whined. "I just want to say hello and assure them that I'm not dying a slow and painful death!"

Bucky scowled at me for a moment before sighing deeply. He told Friday to take us to the common room.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, everyone crowded around Bucky and I.

"Hey, guys, back off," Bucky said.

Bucky took me to one of the couches and sat me down. I winced at the pain in my side. Bucky glared at me and I glared right back.

"She's still injured, but she insisted on seeing you guys," Bucky said.

I poked my tongue out at him. Wanda came into my view and I smiled brightly at her.

"Wanda!" I said.

I reached out to her. She sat down on the couch next to me and hugged me gently.

"You're okay," I sniffled, not quite believing it.

"Thanks to you," she said.

I smiled at her, happy my friend was safe. I continued talking to my team for a while before Bucky took me back to my room. He lay me on my bed carefully, before getting up to go. I grabbed his hand, preventing him from leaving.

"Stay?" I whispered quietly.

Bucky smiled at me softly.

"Of course," he said.

Bucky got into bed with me, holding me close. I sighed happily, breathing in his scent. I fell asleep, safe and content in the arms of Bucky Barnes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 7.2K 33
You love Steve! You really do, that's why you get to call him your boyfriend. But what if Bucky likes you? What if he gets a little aggressive? No. P...
1.2M 35.3K 32
Y/n L/n is just a normal girl. At least, that's what she tells the Avengers when she starts to work for Tony Stark as his assistant. Reached Number 1...
118K 4K 23
'It was strange, to pretend that I knew nothing about this boy, when, in reality, I knew pretty much everything about him.' Hydra is all y/n knows. T...
2.9M 78.3K 44
"You know, for a Stark, you're not as annoying as I imagined." "You've imagined things about me, Barnes?" "Oh, I've imagined a whole lot of things ab...