#WrittenWithPride | LGBTQIAP+

Per lgbtq

For the second year in the row, the LGBTQIAP+ family will get together for a virtual Pride Month celebration... Més

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!
Message from HQ
What does Pride mean to you?
Daily Affirmations & Self-Care
The #ConnectToAccept Write-a-Thon
Happy Birthday to Us!
Our Milestones Are Back!
New Profile: @WattpadESL
June Events: Ambassador-Managed
June Events: Official Wattpad Events
Playlist Party
LGBTQIAP+ Official Sticker Contest
Drabble Challenge: NEON
Interview: writing00introvert
Coffee & Pride | #WrittenWithPride Challenge
Recipe
Interview: winterhx
Hello Haiku
Flashfic: Summer of Songs
New Profile: WattpadAsianFantasy
Prompt Creation Challenge #1: SPRING
Flashfic: Rainbow Magic
Bingo
New Profile: WattpadGoT
🌏 Team Unity 🌏
💪 Team Badass 💪
Flashfic: Velaris' Rainbow
⭐ Team Fandom ⭐
🐉 Team Fantasy 🐉
Interview: Nicoismysenpai
New Profile: WattpadEmpowered
Drabble: LOVE IS LOVE
Hello Haiku
Recipe
Pride Prompts Challenge
🚀 Team Sci-Fi 🚀
Prompt Challenge 1
👻 Team Fright 👻
Bingo
Prompt Challenge 2
📖 Team GenFic 📖
Prompt Challenge 3
💝 Team Love 💝
Prompt Challenge 4
📝 Team Short Story 📝
Prompt Challenge 5
👶 Team Youngling 👶
Prompt Challenge 6
🏜️ Team Miscellaneous 🏜️
Bingo
Prompt Challenge 7
Prompt Creation Challenge #2: Summer
Drabble: EQUALITY IN COLORS
#WrittenWithPride Events
Prompt Challenge 8
Prompt Challenge 9
Interview: EmrysRhodri
Prompt Challenge 10
Welcome to the Pride Parade!
Interview: AWFrasier
Interview: ASMorrow
Bingo
Drabble: PRIDE PARADE
Drabble Winners
Flashfic Week Winners

Interview: MAndALaptop

169 28 11
Per lgbtq

We know that you are all enjoying these interviews and it's so great to get to know these amazing writers, so in honor of the LGBTQIAP+ profile, we have the fantastic, MAndALaptop!

Now, let's start this interview with a bang!

🌈  🌈  🌈

What inspired you to become a writer in the first place?

I've always been drawn to storytelling ever since I was a little kid. I remember drawing picture books as a three and four year old and telling my mom what to write on the pages! I also read obsessively — I just loved constantly being surrounded by words. It's always been such an integral part of my life, and I'm not sure where I'd be now without it.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

What is your writing process like? Are you more of a plotter or a pantser?

I'm definitely more of a panster, though I've been trying recently to be better at planning. The Sound of Ice, for example, was started on a whim of inspiration — I kind of found the plot along the way.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

How would you describe your journey on Wattpad? What was it like in the beginning when you just started writing here?

I made my Wattpad account when I was 13 or 14, but didn't really use it until I started publishing chapters of The Sound of Ice when I was 16. My account grew pretty fast as I finished The Sound of Ice and wrote the sequel as well! I've always really liked the Wattpad community — when The Sound of Ice was pretty unknown and I was still in the process of writing, I only had a few consistent readers who were so supportive and encouraging towards my writing process. I also made some writing buddies who were also working on books at the time, so it was really nice to not feel alone while writing. I always felt encouraged to keep going.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

If you could have a cup of coffee with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Probably Mary Oliver, my all-time favorite poet and environmentalist. I'd love to have a conversation with her about words, nature, and the power in both.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

How do you think being a writer has helped you as a person?

For me, writing and reading go hand-in-hand — I don't think one can really be a writer without being a reader first — so in that way, my entire personhood has been shaped by words and fictional characters. I've learned so much about the world from the books I've read, and then I get to process and work through my own feelings and experiences through writing my own stories. Overall, I think storytelling has made me a more empathetic, understanding, and caring person that has a deep love for humanity and the world — I'm not sure I'd really have the mindset I do if it wasn't for the books that shaped me.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

What do you identify as?

Queer! <3

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

If you're able to, can you tell us what you're currently working on or what's in store for the readers?

Lately, I've been really focused on my short story writing, which I don't often publish on Wattpad. I've also been thinking a lot about a third novel following Sam and Cameron, so I would love to really plan and work on that when I have more free time.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

Do you have any favorite writers on Wattpad?

I love writing00introvert, solacing, iSawJamesFirst, and MeiSummer, among many others!

 ― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

What is the best writing advice you received? What advice can you give to the writers out there?

Read, read, read! Read as much as you can! Reading authors you like is really the best way to learn how to write.

― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

If you were deserted on an island, which three people would you want to have with you? Why? Criteria 1- One fictional character from your book 2- One fictional character from any other book 3- One famous person that is not a family member or friend

From my book, I'd want Cameron Beckett, who is such a sweetheart. I also think he'd be a great problem solver. From any other book, maybe Percy Jackson — honestly, for the same reasons. Plus, I always had a crush on Percy Jackson when I was younger. As for any other famous person... maybe Zendaya? You know what, let's just invite everyone I have a crush on!

🌈  🌈  🌈

Now that you learned a little bit about MAndALaptop, you can join other Wattpaders in adding her story The Sound of Ice to your reading list for your next read!

 ― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

Title: The Sound of Ice

Genre: Teen Fiction

Rating: For Everyone

 ― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

Blurb:

Cameron Beckett, a talented hockey player in the CHL, has to deal with the pressures of making it into the NHL, passing his classes, and accepting his sexuality. 

*****

Cameron Beckett is the ace and co-captain of his hockey team, but he's failing his math class so badly that his coach threatens to bench him if he doesn't improve his grades. He turns to Sam, his next-door neighbour, only to start developing feelings for him that he's not ready to confront. Cameron pulls away, afraid that his sexuality will cost him any chance of being drafted into the NHL. But when Sam needs him the most, Cameron can't be there for him, making him question whether his fear of coming out is actually holding him back. 

 ― ― ― ❂ ― ― ―

Other Works:

The Multitudes Within Me (Teen Fiction)

The City Sleeps for Me (Short Story)

storms in the desert (Poetry)

🌈   🌈  🌈

We appreciate you giving us some of your time to let us interview you, MAndALaptop! We will be looking forward to even more great stories from you! Keep up the great work!

Warmest vibes,

The LGBTQIAP+ Family

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

404 2 31
It's Pride Month, so we've got one story per day about queer characters/ships from multiple fandoms I'm in (including my own original story). Hope yo...
26K 1.9K 33
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! I wanted to write a one-shot for pride month, but I turned it into a short story because pride month and my gay readers deserve mo...
transitions ✓ Per . . .

Novel·la juvenil

90.3K 3.3K 20
"you make me feel like a real boy." "you are a real boy." lowercase intended © annayansi 2017
23.5K 130 22
Exactly what the title says. I'll update when I can ;)