His Snowflake

By cloutyytea

"Snowflake?" "Sunshine is overrated," he replied. - Alana Snow Rivers had been living a traumatic life after... More

Introduction
Prolouge -Pain.
Chapter 1 -A New Experience
Chapter 2 -An Encounter
Chapter 3 -A dance
Chapter 4 -Circuit
Chapter 5 -The Encounter
Chapter 6 -The Start of Something
Chapter 7 -The Contract
Chapter 8 -Why Me?
Chapter 9 -Taking It
Chapter 10 -Life's a Joke
Chapter 11 -Trying
Chapter 12 -Needed
Chapter 13 -Being There
Chapter 14 -Discovery
Chapter 15 -A Deal
Chapter 16 -Truth & Lies
Chapter 17 -Nightmare
Chapter 18 -Stay
Chapter 19 -Paradise
Chapter 20 -Stay Hidden
Chapter 21 -Free
Chapter 22 -Guilty
Chapter 23 -Adrenaline
Chapter 24 -Realising
Chapter 25 -Step by Step
Chapter 26 -Calm
Chap 27 - I Just
Chap 28 -Reduge
Chap 29 -Love?
Chapter 30 -One Answer
Chapter 31 -Listen
Chapter 32 -Okay
Chapter 33 -Loved
Chapter 34 -Teasing
Chapter 36 -Take a Step
Chapter 37 -Start
Chapter 38 -Proud
Chapter 39 -Can Perfectly
Chapter 40 -I Love You
Chapter 41 -Getting There
Chapter 42 -Let It Out
Chapter 43 -Understanding
Chapter 44 -Court
Chapter 45 -Try Me
Chapter 46 -The Night
A long awaited Notice

Chapter 35 -Protective Measures

689 23 13
By cloutyytea

"Because that's what you and I do. Protect each other."

-Suzanne Collins
(A/N: IM SORRY I LOVE HUNGER GAMES I JUST HAD TO...any fans?)

-

Braxton's POV

"Sir, the company currently has lost all its investors and the stock values are dropping rapidly. There seems to be no chance for recovery," I heard my one of the board directs report.

"Sir! There has been many media reports that we will be going bankrupt...Are we announcing bankruptcy...? We are already very deep in debt..." another board director yapped away.

All these board directors are chirping non-stop. They aren't even doing anything to help this situation!

This must be all that boy's doing!

How dare Alana team up with him instead? I am her father!

All because of something they call love. Oh...my lovely wife...Alana should have been the one to be six feet under...

I disregarded all their bullshit and left the room. I got onto my car and headed for Knight Enterprises.

Trevor...your parents will definitely help me out.

What a failure you are...

-

Upon arrival at Knight Enterprises, I threatened the front desk to bring me to where Maxwell Knight was.

I was brought into his office to be greeted by the whole family. Except Trevor.

Interesting...This makes my tattle tailing much easier.

"What are you here for?" Maxwell questioned coldly.

I was a little taken aback by the foreign coldness from this apparently "warm" businessman image that he had.

"Well Mr Knight, it has come to my attention that your son has been fooling around with my daughter and he's been trying to make my company go under...Would you please help me deal with this situation?" I was already begging at this point.

I was too desperate. I was too prideful.

Bankrupt? Never.

To my utmost surprise, Maxwell began to laugh uncontrollably with tears forming in his eyes.

Patricia and Elenore Knight were scoffing in what seemed to be disbelief.

What are they...

Don't tell me they were in this with that boy...

"My my Braxton...the audacity you have to be here." Maxwell replied me, stressing on the word 'audacity'.

I was utterly confused.

Is there something I'm not catching here?

"Your dear daughter and you tried to sabotage us, even making use of our son. You two tried to make us topple all the way to rock bottom. Now you're asking for help? What a joke," Maxwell was glaring at me intently now.

I stuttered, "I'm sorry...I...Please help out right now...I'll make it up to you...Wait what...?"

"Wasn't Trevor the one helping you destroy my company? He was never part of my game..." I trailed off a little confused.

What was Maxwell getting at...

Maxwell was visibly confused and taken aback as if he suddenly did not know what was going on.

"My son...He had no part in this?" Maxwell curiously asked.

"Yes..." I replied, thinking that if that boy had no part in this, they would agree to help me. I mean after all it would mean that I didn't hurt their family directly...

Before Maxwell could formulate any words to reply me, the door bust open.

"Police! Braxton Rivers you are under arrest for the domestic abuse of Alana Rivers and coercing her into exploiting another business. You have the rights to remain silent as well as rights to an attorney." The police officer recited out.

Before I could deny his allegations or even escape from the room, my hands were already in cuffs and I was escorted out of course with some struggles and continuous begging for Maxwell to help me out.

To my dismay, I was just ignored. Upon reaching the exit of the company building, I was straight up disgusted. Reporters flooded the entrance and I was bombarded with many questions trying to get a reaction out of me.

These mosquitoes really don't know when to fuck off...

I kept my head down and remained silent as I got onto the police van and then they drove me to the police office for interrogation.

-

Maxwell's POV

I can't grasp the situation...

Trevor was not part of anything? I always thought he was scheming with Alana and helped her because she seduced him. Alana apparently has been abused?

I...

"Max...Trevor he..." my wife hesitated.

We were all shocked. We were too caught up in our company that we forgot our son. We neglected him. We believed in our company more.

"We owe him an apology." my daughter firmly stated.

All I could do was nod my head.

I...I need to fix this...I'm such a terrible father...

Elenore walked out of the door and she started to dial someone who I assumed to be Trevor.

I was too ashamed to even try anything...

Patricia just embraced me and patted my back. assuring me that everything can be fixed.

Can it...?

-

Patricia's POV

Oh Trevor my son...He...

I should have been a better mum...

Of all things I just hid behind my husband and remained silent.

I should fix things with Trevor too...

-

Trevor's POV

Arrested.

Under investigation.

That isn't enough...He has to rot in jail forever.

It has been slightly over two weeks since Alana has been hospitalised and by the end of this week which is coming in three days, she can be discharged.

I have to get Braxton Rivers in jail before she is discharged. Currently I have two bodyguards in the hallway and two at the entrance to ensure that Braxton can't try anything.

Alana has to be safe. She's my top priority right now and I don't want her to live her life in fear that her father may come after her.

I was looking out of the window of Alana's hospital ward. She was still sound asleep and I wanted to think over how I can make Braxton suffer.

Him going bankrupt? I couldn't care less.

He has to be far far away from Alana but not too far such that he can see us leading happy lives. His pathetic ass should live behind bars.

That was the ultimate revenge.

That was how I am going to protect Alana.

Killing him off ends his suffering too fast.

It just started.

As I was deep in thought, I felt arms wrap around me from behind and I instantly knew it was Alana. I closed my eyes and savoured the warmth that she radiated off.

Every time that I'm with her, I feel like the world just pauses for us. It's like only the two of us exist. I'm going to keep her safe forever.

I turned around to embrace her and tightened my hold around her.

"I heard from...Jose...that...dad...I mean...my father...he was arrested?" Alana timidly asked. I could feel her trying to make herself seem small in my arms.

Jose...you big mouth...I will let this one go...

I just nodded my head and rested it on her shoulder as she pulled herself into my chest.

"He...he...can't hurt me...now right?" Alana vulnerably asked as her body started to tremble I assume from recalling all he had done to her.

I quickly assured her, "Snowflake? Listen to me. He will never come and hurt you. I'll be by your side to protect you. Trust me okay?"

Alana nodded her head and she replied, "I do Trevor. I trust you."

We smiled warmly at each other, our eyes conveying the same message that we would be together, protecting each other all the way until the end of time.

-

FUTURE ALANA's POV:

How I wish it didn't have to go down this way...

-

Yess update! This chapter was a little different from all the perspectives and all especially with the future Alana part :D

Hope you enjoyed this chapter guys! (Be on your toes ya? I'm aiming to finish this story by the end of June HEHEH and spicing it up towards the end too)

Thanks for all the support and love for this story! All the reads and the votes mean so much to me!
Everyone stay safe! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 6 20
New girl Hazel and her little brother move to Japan, to get a new start. Fresh away from America. After their father died, they went to live with the...
15.8K 498 50
[CO-WRITTEN WITH @bmleonard97] Book One: Some believe misfortune can bring people together. Others believe that destiny has the power to interconnec...
1.5K 59 17
An opportunity too good to pass up. That's how Frank feels about this chance of finding Gerard again after their traumatic experience a few years ear...
378K 13.2K 33
Amayra Williams was another common medico with a lifetime goal of making her late mother's dreams come true. What happens when a whirlwind of circums...