SETH (Book Four)

By authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

FIVE

256 14 0
By authormsdevera

I'm going out of my mind and will make Kendall pay for making me wear this uncomfortable dress. Don't get me wrong, it's not tight or anything. I don't particularly appreciate showing my bare shoulder area and cleavage where anyone can see. Also, it has a slit-up leg part as the dress flows elegantly around me.

I found a few men looking at me, and I suddenly felt sick.

"Can you stop fidgeting," Ghost says through his teeth.

Once we arrived at the auction house, it was in a private lot owned by The Order. Before entering, he handed me a masquerade mask as the invite suggested to keep the buyers anonymous. Although the auction was only a way to attract the rich, displaying rare antiques for the show, the real one is beneath the lot.

To enter such a secret auction, you need a stamp of their sigil - a crow.

Crows are said to be known for their clairvoyance and foresight. But the crow being used in the Order has a deeper meaning. Because they are considered wise, they are also known to bring death to your doorstep. That is why The Order is using this magnificent bird to spread the idea that although the crow would lead you to heaven upon death, this only masks their true ideal - power.

The Order has been around since I can remember. The members are said to be worshipers in helping the children of God find enlightenment. But that is not the case. They are led by a woman, Madam Red. Not knowing her real name, she runs this cult, calling herself Mother Eva. Her background from once I was within The Order I can always remember.

She started this so-called foundation, this group, when she was nineteen. Since then, she had brainwashed some followers to be behind her, acting like she was some savior, a prophet. That is all bullshit.

She's a kidnapper, molester, and monster who preys on children wearing an innocent face. What do her followers see in her? They see a woman wearing a white church gown and make-believe angel wings sent from God himself. Thinking she was some fucking saint.

Outside the group, no one knows the honest Mother Eva, aka Madam Red. I don't know what her ordeal of kidnapping a child she can get her hands on and sell them off. For what? What purpose is it to do such horrifying things?

From what the agency can find, she was molested and beaten as a child by her parents. Her parents were drunks and sniffers if you know what I mean. They never cared for her; they even used her as a drug mule or, worst - pimp her out to get some money. To them, she was a profit and not their child. I'm surprised nobody told how horrible her parents were to a social worker.

When she turned eighteen, that is when she started her revolution. She drugged her parents and burnt down their trailer home along with them. Since then, she started working as a social worker, working with kids, and it started the trigger to see broken homes. Hence, she built a community to help children from abusive homes, but because of her past, she began to get tainted by her parents' torture and used it on the children.

I clench my fist tight, itching to punch someone. Sitting next to me, the Ghost sees my intention and touches my arm.

"Sparrow, ease your nerves. You are making me uneasy here." He whispers, calling me by my code name.

I snort and drag a leg over the other.

"The auction hasn't even started yet, and you look like you want someone to bleed. Did something happen in the hotel?"

I turn to look at him, seeing him smugly.

"Fuck you," I barked, and it made him chuckle. "How the fuck do you know?"

"Kendall filled me in."

"I swear that girl has a big mouth," I groan.

"Why don't you tell him?" Ghost asks, curiously wondering why I brought Seth along during my mission. Stories about me befriending Seth have reached my team's ears. Hopefully, it's not the agency. "I bet he's having a serious issue about his sexual identity." He cackles.

Yeah, why don't you tell him, Terry?

I can't believe my mind is agreeing with my partner.

I look back at Ghost; for as long as I can remember, I had never seen him in a tux. He is hot. Once we entered the building, most girls with the same masquerade mask were eyeing him. He was tense earlier because of the stares, but I'm sure he was enjoying their adoration of him.

Ghosts don't favor crowded spaces. Their real name is Myles McCormick, aka Ghost. He's only a few years younger than me before he joined the team. He has been given the name Ghost because of his code name. He is good at not being spotted. He's a great master of disguise, and you wouldn't think twice to know who or where he is.

He's like a wandering ghost who came to fuck you.

His background is similar to mine; the only difference is he grew up with an abusive mother. His father left his mother, so his mother would use her anger to lash out at Ghost. Even since his father left, his mother had used drugs to ease her depression or bring men home while Ghost hid in the closet when Ghost turned ten, her mother OD on the bed completely half-naked.

Odin brought him back to the agency; since then, he has become my second-in-command. I trust him. He's like my little brother, only slightly taller.

"As if I would ever tell him who I am," I slump back into the chair. "Plus, he's not my type."

Liar.

Of course, Seth isn't your type. He may look broad and packed with muscles, but he always seems childish and jokes around a lot. He never takes things seriously if he isn't joking around.

"Okay, then what is your type?"

Before I could answer, a female announcer from the speakers had Ghosts, and I directed our attention to the wide window screen.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. This auction will now begin. We will first start with the females, then the males." She starts. "Before we begin, for firstcomers to make a bid, please press the red button in front of you." I look at the button as the announcement ends the introductions with, "Now let's begin with the first auction."

I shift my sitting position and lean forward, focusing.

"First off, we have auctioneer number one," as soon as she says that, a little girl approaches the center. Judging by her appearance, I say she's between six and eight.

She stood there with chains around her wrists and ankles. She is wearing nothing but a tank top and underwear. She looks frightened, and I hate to watch her get catcalls from all the buyers. They kept raising the bid, and my ears started to bleed. This whole thing makes me sick.

I cringe.

Closing my eyes, I exhale the hot anger breath out of me. When it was over, and one of the buyers got to her, the announcers sent in the next one.

Imagine if I kept my baby girl alive and saw her in that state. Lustful eyes taunting her, wanting her, she would be scared. She would be caged like a weak rabbit hunted by predatory animals that can sink their teeth into. If that ever happened, I couldn't be there to save her.

I wouldn't cope myself. I will blame you for not being the mother I'm supposed to be.

I had no choice.

The decision I made the day she was born still haunts me.

I had my eyes shut through the whole thing. But my ears were wide open hearing the bids.

I wish I could save them. Save them all. But right now, my primary mission is to find Hugo and Sully, and I hate I have to look the other way.

But these children will be accessible once Madam Red and The Order are taken down.

Glancing down at my watch, I pull up the tracker. He sees the red dot on the small square screen, indicating he is near.

I advert my eyes at the security guard blocking the door. I need to evacuate myself while the auction is still going.

I reach Ghost's arm, grabbing his attention. He's tensed, probably having the same disgust effect as we watch children getting auctioned off to low-life sickos.

"Hugo is nearby," I mutter to him. "I know you hate to see this for the next three hours. But I need to get to Hugo."

"I understand," he glances at the guard. "What are you going to do about that?"

Peering behind me, I say, "I have my way. Be right back."

I rose off my seat, straightened my dress, and walked seductively towards the door. But the big guard stops me with his hand.

"Sorry, miss, the auction isn't finished. No one is allowed to leave," he tells me with his deep voice, trying to be intimating.

I batter my lashes at him. "I'm sorry, darling," speaking in my utmost southern accent. "But I couldn't hold it on the case...well...Aunt Flo came to visit me early."

Mentioning Aunt Flo to a total stranger would allow me to leave. But I shouldn't expect much.

These illegal auctions are because you aren't allowed to leave after it's over. They fear that some undercover cop would reveal their secrets.

Such a thing happened. A detective from New York traveled to Mexico, where the auction was held many years ago, and when he left to get all the evidence to take down The Order, he was ambushed by Madam's Red men. The next day, the detective's body parts showed up inside plastic bags at the beach of Cancun.

I have seen the pictures, and it was horrifying.

"Please," I beg, then bring on the waterworks when I place my hand on the side, faking a cramp. "Please, sir."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but rules are rules." He says firmly and seriously.

Fuck!

Judging by his appearance, he is earnest about his job. I need to be intimate with him more. I bet he has never been hit on a woman. Maybe he has, but he needs to be more focused.

I need a little push.

I planted my hand on his chest as my touch made him tense. I smooth his chest, trying to get him to fill up. "Please," I whisper seductively, hugging my arms around his broad neck. I tiptoe to get to his ears. "What does it take for you to let me go?"

Then I did the most disgusting thing to him. I nibble on his ear, making his body flinch.

Once I pull back, the guard's eye looks at me intensely. I can hear his heart beating, and I pull on a wolfish grin.

Got him.

"Ma'am, please, take your seat," he commands, but at the same time, his voice is shaky.

I grin. I lift my bare leg and wrap it around his waist. I caress his body, trying to get him to rile up. "Oh, come on. You can come with me so you will know I won't run away."

"Ma'am, your husband is here. You can't." He turns his eyes on Ghost, sitting there, pulling his role as my partner.

I don't know why he assumes that Ghost is my husband, but some married couples have this fetish.

Fucking sickos.

"Oh, him?" I giggle and wave my hand. "He's not my husband but my boy toy, aren't you, darling?"

"Yes, love." Ghost replies.

"Then you don't mind if I have a little fun with this gentleman here."

"Don't mind me at all. Go have fun," Ghost returns to the auction and smirks. An eyebrow twitch, and I plaster a full-on grin.

"Thank you, Pooky," I watch Ghost wince, calling him a cute nickname, and I had to bite back laughter before I looked up at the nervous guard. I grab his black tie. "See? Come now, darling. Show me where the little girls' room is at." I purr and drag him out of the room.

Down the hall, the guard, who told me his name was Robert, led me to the ladies' restroom.

"Thank you," I smile at him.

"Please make it quick," he looks around in panic. "I don't want my boss to see."

I reach his face, pinch his cheeks together, and coo at him. "You look cute when you are scared. I like."

I let go, turned, and looked severe yet disgusting before entering the restroom. I want to vomit after all I did with that guy. This is part of the job I hate the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
688K 23.7K 26
BOOK 1 IN THE 'I MARRIED..' series Kai Jacobson, the youngest son of CIA agent Landon Jacobson and former model Monica Martin. He ran from home at th...
497K 16.9K 43
《 Highest Ranking: #5 in Vampire 》 "Is that Marcus? Marcus as in, from our High School Marcus!" Casey squeaked. I spun around, not quite believing h...
34.9K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...