𝔹𝕠𝕝𝕥 [𝚒𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚞 𝚡 𝚛𝚎�...

By g_r_a_s

𝚈/𝙽 𝚁𝚊𝚒. 𝙰𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔. 𝙵𝚘𝚕𝚕�... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (OVA)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (OVA)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 (two heros)
Chapter 35 (two heros)
Chapter 36 (two heros)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 (filler)
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68 (birthday special)
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 (filler)
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77 (filler)
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91 (birthday special💚)
Chapter 92
Chapter 93 (filler)
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110 (filler)
Chapter 111
Chapter 112 (OVA)
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115 (heroes rising)
Chapter 116 (heroes rising)
Chapter 117 (heroes rising)
Chapter 118 (heroes rising)
Chapter 119 (heroes rising)
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127 (filler)
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
important note.
Chapter 145 (OVA)
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148

Chapter 74

5.7K 207 71
By g_r_a_s

warning you guys now, chapter 75 will either be very early or very late. prepare for either. some things are going on and finding time to write/edit is scarce.

enjoy :)

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

"the hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships. they entail helping pros on the streets and with investigations. teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting and we all agreed...it's too soon. they should really be cancelled." aizawa says.

.....

"WHAT?!"

"awww but we already know about them!" kirishima argues. "when you think about why we had the dorms, it does make sense." kaminari says while playing with ojiro's tail.

"HAHA! serves you right!" bakugo says while slamming his hands on his desk and standing up. "just because you don't get to do one..." hagakure says while sweat dropping.

"but some people think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. so with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about agencies. you'll only be allowed to go to ones with a good track record." aizawa says, making bakugo stiffen.

"ha!" you say back to bakugo who pales. you're not worried about this. you might've gotten a work study already. that includes you and izuku.
꧁꧂

"sir nighteye? that's who you're thinking of?" you ask izuku as you two walk the halls of u.a. "yeah! he was all might's personal side kick so he must have a lot to offer for me!" izuku says.

"funny you mention him." you say with a small laugh, looking down at the ground. "huh what do you mean?" izuku asks while turning to you.

"remember when i said there was two people with my dad that night i went to visit? and how i might've landed us a work study?"

"...yeah?"

"it just so happens that mirio and sir nighteye were the two who were there. already met the guy and it seems like that's who mirio works for at the moment." you say.

"what?! you already met sir nighteye? why didn't you tell me?"

"never asked." you shrug your shoulders. "you said all might didn't wanna introduce you to him? well you don't have to worry about that anymore. after all, mirio mentioned you too."

even if you weren't look at him, you know izuku's eyes were sparkling. "that's great! when can we meet him?" he asks with excitement dripping from him.

"i guess this saturday. nighteye himself didn't oppose the idea of us two so maybe we'll have mirio take us." you answer as you two turn a corner. "that's perfect! man your dad knows a lot of people..." izuku points out.

"yeah." you smirk. "works out for me sometimes." you say. your phone suddenly buzzes in your pocket and you pull it out to see a message.

reading the message, you quickly shut your phone off and pocket it, making izuku tilt his head at you. "who was it?"

"no one important." you wave off.

you feel izuku's stare on you as you two push open the door to the lunch room. immediately, the sound of plates clattering and all sorts of chatter fills your ears. "i'll make sure to talk to mirio about that work study." you reassure as you and izuku walk to the lunch lines. he shakes off your weird behavior and smiles at you.

"right!

saturday

"a whole day off, huh?"

"after all the exams and special training, we can finally take it easy for once-"

"IM WINNING IZUKU!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!"

mineta, kaminari, tokoyami and kirishima feel wind breeze by them as you and izuku use your quirks to zoom past them. they all look at each other weirdly as they watch you gain on izuku and make it out the door before him.

"okay...what's up with those two?" mineta asks as he continues to brush his teeth.

you stop when you don't feel izuku's presence behind you. conveniently, you stop right beside shoto and bakugo who are surprisingly walking together. "morning you two. extra classes today?" you ask like you weren't just running many miles per hour so early in the morning.

"morning y/n. yes, we have classes today. what are you doing up so early?" shoto asks as him and bakugo look at you. "work study. waiting for izuku's slow ass." you say as you throw your hands behind you head.

"tch. don't brag about your stupid hero work with deku." bakugo complains.

"...he asked me what i was doing?"

"IM WINNING!"

you three feel a breeze swiftly pass you and you deadpan as you watch green lightning run in the distance. "what- no way in hell he's winning." you say as you activate your quirk.

"bye you two!" you say before taking off, a larger breeze whooshing the two as white lightning fades in the distance. they hear your laugh in distance and they assume you already passed izuku.

                                    ꧁꧂

"well this is it, sir nighteye's agency!" mirio says while pointing at the large building in front of you three. izuku immediately tenses up and you put your hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "easy now. take a breath and loosen up." you encourage.

"but not too loose, you know? cuz sir's uh.. actually a pretty strict guy." mirio warns. "he's known for being demanding on others as well as himself! his gaze is so harsh that it makes me shiver everytime! he looks so severe!" izuku squeaks.

"that's absolutely true. but there's a totally different side of him that the press never gets to see. if you wanna be acknowledged by him, here's a tip. there's one important thing you gotta do at this meeting. you gotta make him laugh!" mirio says.

you and izuku blankly stare at the third year in front of you. quickly looking at each other with confused looks, you and izuku process his warning. "laugh? as in 'haha'?" you double check. you've only met this guy once but you didn't think he'd have humor.

"wait hold on! what does that mean?!" izuku says as mirio lets you two in the building. "exactly what it sounds like! he seems stern but he really values humor for some reason." mirio explains. "the most i can do is introduce you two to him. sir's the one who'll decide if he can use you. i wish i could help more but that's all i got." mirio says as you three walk up the steps.

"you've done enough." you reassure.

"here we are!" mirio says while pointing at a door. "he's just behind this door! if you wanna get stronger, then walk on through!" you and izuku look at each other before you take the initiative and put your hand on the door knob.

open the door with confidence, you and izuku stand in the doorway with mirio right behind you. "hey! i brought rai and that first year i mentioned to you!" mirio greets.

what meets your eye makes you pause and widen your eyes. izuku seems to have the same reaction as you both watch a blue skinned girl get ticked while she's strapped down.

"um... maybe i should rethink this..." you say under your breath as izuku visibly freaks out. the girl continues to laugh as you turn to mirio with an eyebrow raised. "now what's going on?" you ask, already over this whole things.

"that's sir's sidekick, bubble girl. i guess she didn't make him laugh. sucks." mirio explains. you turn back forward and that's when nighteye adverts his gaze onto you three. izuku immediately backs up but you grab his tie and hold him in place, both of you staring down the man as well.

there's one important thing you gotta do at this meeting, you gotta make him laugh.

'there's no way. i have no sense of humor.' you think as you cross your arms. you watch izuku play with his hair for a moment until his face... transforms into what looks to be all mights.

"i'm izuku midoriya!" he says in a deep voice. mirio freaks out behind you and you just sigh as you look away, covering your face with your hand. even if you're looking away, you feel nighteye's gaze harden.

"what is this boy? are you ridiculing all might?"

'maybe i can use this time to get the hell out of here.' you think.

"and you." nighteye's gaze goes to you. you mentally sigh as you hold your ground, staring blankly at him. "you're that girl i met, satoshi's daughter. will you even attempt?" nighteye's eyes narrow at you.

"me?" you snort. "i'd rather get nagged by the cops and have someone tell my boyfriend that i'm stuck doing a stint in the poky." you say.
if you know where this is from i love you.

....

your eyes widen when you hear a short, low chuckle. you see nighteye with a small smirk on his face and you can hear the angel music already.

"that was kind of funny. y/n rai, was it?" nighteye says as mirio and izuku look at you in shock. letting out a scoff of amusement, you nod. "that's me." you answer.

"no way, you made him laugh!" mirio says as izuku stays silent. "your snarky comment was somewhat humorous. do you have your contract?" nighteye asks. "um" you say while digging through your book bag. smiling when you see the sheet of paper, you hold it out for him to see. "yep."

nighteye nods before turning back to izuku and correcting him on all might's wrinkles. 'and i thought izuku was the fanboy... get a load of this guy.' you think as you and mirio stand next to bubble girl.

"you can see yourself out-"

"the vinegar river incident. not aware of it sir? a middle schooler who's quirk allowed him to control the properties of water was drowning in a river. but all might stepped in and saved him. the drowning kid panicked and accidentally turned the river into vinegar which obviously ended up getting in all might's eyes. his face looks slightly different from normal after. that smile, the narrowed eyes, thats the look i chose to impersonate earlier." izuku says and your mouth drops.

what the hell?

"i know this rescue... took place before i teamed up with him and i believe i mentioned it briefly when we were on the television special." nighteye explains and izuku starts gushing about the whole experience.

"now i see. you were just testing me."

"what no! it's just a since all might's a teacher at my school, i don't get a chance to geek out about him. i got a little excited..." izuku says.

mirio turns around and starts unclipping bubble girl from the machine, "mirio, who's that? he's kinda loud.." she asks with tears in her eyes. "an underclassmen at my school." mirio answers.

"and her? she made nighteye laugh!"

"y/n rai. nice to meet you." you greet. "oh rai! your dad designed my hero costume!" bubble girl exclaims and you nod. 'saw her name right alongside nighteye's. how do i keep bumping into people i randomly saw that day?'

"interesting.. you both want a work study here because doing so will make you stronger." nighteye says as he sits at his desk. "yes sir! please let us!" izuku pleads while you just stand there.

"we need to draw up a contact-"

"of course sir!" izuku cuts him off as he turns around to search his book bag. you place the sheet of paper on his desk and he picks it up, seemingly scanning the paper and its contents. izuku finally places the paper in front of nighteye and he places yours down next to his.

"once i stamp this document, you'll be contracted with my agency for a work study. you have to understand that this'll be nothing like the week long internships you students took on so casually. you must work here for a minimum of four months and will be payed wages. however your academic responsibilities will suffer due to absences you'll rack up. which means your classmates will pull ahead of you." nighteye explains.

"i understand that. but if i worry about whatever everyone else is doing, i'll never be number one." izuku says. you're not worried about your academics. you pretty already much know everything you're taught and that'll keep you and izuku on track.

in silence, nighteye goes to stamp your contracts but misses. you and izuku look at each other weirdly before looking back at nighteye. "um.. you kinda missed.." izuku points out.

"because i don't feel like stamping it."

"and why not?" you speak up, crossing your arms. "you rai, i heard you landed a hit on mirio. you also made me laugh so i should stamp your contract."

"mhm."

"but am i impressed by your skill?"

we'll put her to the test at a more important time.

"i'll have to see your skill for myself. both of you." nighteye says while standing up. "three minutes you two. if you want to work as a hero under me,"

"then stamp the contract yourself."

random fact/head cannon:

rai and kaminari race to see who can charge a phone faster or who can charge the most phones the quickest. there's not a day in class 1-a where everyone doesn't leave without their phones being at 100%

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 1.4K 55
🀄 ᳝ ࣪ 𔘓𓄿̷̸ ❝ 𝖫𝗢𝖵𝗘 𝖬𝗬𝖲𝗘𝖫𝗙 ❞ ▬▬ 𝗕𝖭𝗛𝖠. 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 𝙰 𝚃𝚁𝙸𝚅𝙸𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 🎪 ▎⃞ ݊ ˳. 𓍯 ࣪🦴 ᳝ ˑ [ 𝗦𝖨𝗠𝖮𝗡 ]𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒...
136K 4.2K 15
The story of the struggles of (Y/N), Daughter to a villain chose a path that strays from Evil trying to live a normal life. Finding herself stuck in...
98.8K 1.9K 6
[ 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦! 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠! 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 , 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ] ❝...
55.5K 1.1K 30
𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍, 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...