Mind Can Forget But Heart Can...

By meongff

Ahn Hyejin has a precious girlfriend named Jung Wheein, and they are 5 years in a relationship. Both adored e... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chap. 1
Chap. 2
Chap. 3
Chap. 4
Chap. 5
Chap. 6
Chap. 7
Chap. 8
Chap. 9
Chap. 10
Chap. 11
Chap. 12
Chap. 13
Chap. 14
Chap. 15
Chap. 16
Chap. 18
Chap. 19
Chap. 20
Epilogue
Author's Last Note

Chap. 17

449 22 4
By meongff

Hyejin's POV
I regret drinking too much at that time. It's been 3 days yet it still feels embarrassing thinking about what happened the next day.

Flashback
I wake up because of bright light hitting my face. I open my eyes with the feeling of it being ripped off of my head. I look around me and it's our room, so I lay my back to go back to sleep again.

But remembering that I shouldn't be here making me stand up. I almost got slipped on the floor but I hold the bed making it my assistance.

I rub my eyes and Wheein is not in the room. I started to panic while my head is breaking like hell.

"Wheein!?" I shout while taking steps towards the kitchen and holding my head.

"Yeah?" She asks sweetly with a big smile.

She seems like making breakfast so I just let her. "You okay?" She asks so I just sit on the table while holding my head.

"Yeah, it's just hangover," I said.

"Oh, I don't know what that is but I guess water can help," she then gives me a glass of water.
End of Flashback

She took care of me the whole day since all of my co-workers are having hangovers as well. I feel like I'm a baby at that time, to be honest.

She didn't let me do anything, she does all the chores, the cooking. While me laying on the couch asleep. I sleep on the couch because I don't want her to know that I'm sleeping in the art room. Especially because she sometimes wakes me just to eat or even drink water.

All I wish and hope at that time is that she is Wheein who knows me every single inch. The Wheein that knows why she is taking care of me and vice versa.

I'm currently sitting on my while doing some work. Editing and clearing some photos that we should be publishing to the public in the next 2 days.

Wheein is at home because she doesn't have any therapy sessions for a day or two. Her therapy is doing well since she remembers things quite fast by now. Her therapy will be ending in 2 or 3 months based on how her memory returns.

Wheein's POV
I don't know what I should do for the day. I mean the apartment is clean, the laundries are done and we still have foods for the day. So I'm here on the couch laying down doing nothing while looking at the ceiling because I don't like the TV shows at these hours.

I started to close my eyes to calm myself. Pictures started to show up and even some scenarios. Those scenarios are still the same as before so I let my mind flow against the mood.

I started to caress the couch as a scenario come to my head. A scenario that I've never seen before.

It's me and Hyejin, it shows that we are just hugging each other while looking at the TV's screen. Hyejin cup my face and started to path our lips together. Our tongue fights for dominance like there is no tomorrow.

My hands started to push her against the couch making her lay her back. I got on top of her while my left hand started to caress her clothed breast.

I got shocked by it so I open my eyes. Even though it's just in my head, it feels so real like it happened before. Or am I just making it because of some certain feeling I have for her? The feelings that I should love her, protect her but the feeling of realization that she's stressed because of me sometimes.

I sit on and hold my head then massage my temple while letting out a big sigh. "What was that?" I ask myself. "Is that true? That does happen here?" I look at the couch and roam my eyes all over the place.

Every space of this apartment has a memory of me and that's for sure. But I don't know what are does memories exactly.

"I should do something at least-" I cut off by the time I stand up because of a rustling sound.

I bend over the floor and look under the centre table that is located in front of the couch. I saw 2 keys that are tied together by a string or a thread. Out of curiosity, I picked it up and examine it carefully.

The other key is small like a key to my drawer, while the other is big like the key to a door or something. The main door doesn't need a key because it needs a pin code or card to open it.

"It seems like I know what keys is this for," I said to myself and smirk.

I walk to my room and open the lights. I open my cabinet using the small key and it works. I look to the side and saw a cabinet next to mine.

The cabinet that I never opened before. Hyejin didn't let me open it because of some stuff and excuses.

My mind is telling me to open it using the small key so I did. It opens making me shocked and surprised at the same time.

"What are these?" I ask myself and as I open the cabinet.

It has clothes, a house clothes. I sniff it and scent a familiar smell. It smells like my clothes but a natural smell of someone is giving in too. As I sniff more through a shirt, I started to know who owns this.

"Hyejin," I whisper to myself.

I put the cloth back to where it belongs and look at the other key. I think if it can open Hyejin's room. I'm really curious about it, I'm not going to steal from her or anything. I just want to see how her room looks like.

So I started to walk towards the door of the room. I'm shaking but I don't know why to be exact. So I insert the key and twists it to the right. I heard a clicked noise making me know that it's open already. I sigh and open the door slowly.

I got shocked by what I just saw. It's not a normal room at all, every room I saw on the internet, on Byul unnie's apartment and my room. So I enter the room and roam my eyes around the whole four walls.

Yes, it has four walls making it a room but the equipment is not for a room at all. There are multiple canvases and paints. The floor has some smashed paints and mixed paint all over it. There are brushes on the corner edge of the wall. 

Certain objects caught my attention. It's like a huge mat that can fit 2 people on it, a thick black blanket and 2 black pillows. The blanket is tied enough on the middle of the mat.

Questions started to run in my mind as I clenched my fist. The feeling of betrayal is in me.

This is not a room or is it? Is this an art room? Did Hyejin spend her night sleeping here? Or is she asleep here for her night?

"Hyejin lied?" I whisper to myself.

I walk towards some of the paintings and look if there are things behind them. I hold the big canvas that has a sunset painting on it, I move it to the said and saw some papers.

I grabbed it and I found the handwriting so familiar. Like 2 people write letters to each other. The letters were open already like someone re-read it again. I run back to my room and grab Hyejin's handwritten words back when she teaches me too.

The hand written is similar to mine and hers. I got more curious so I open the letter that looks like Hyejin's handwritten.

The letter is about confessing love to a person. A love that said she never felt before. Because she only felt that feeling when she's with the other person.

As I read it through the last part. "You're the only one I love, Jung Wheein," I calmly read that part.

My head and temple started to hurt not just this time but since I open the door of the looking art room. I harshly grab the other piece of paper and read it out loud. This time, the letter is looking like a handwritten of mine.

The letter said almost the same thing. But this time it was asking for something, something she said that she never had before. Because there is only one person who she wants it to give.

"Can you be mine, Ahn Hyejin?" The last part said.

I fight the pain of my head, the most important thing right now is me to understand the letter. The letter didn't have the name of who writes it. But it has the name of who they are writing to.

It's not a full detail things so I started to build pieces in my head even though it's like cracking already. My breathing was getting heavier like I'm trapped in a box.

"Y-You useless head!" I shout as I throw small punches at my head.

Hyejin's phrase suddenly came into my head. Like it's being freshly whisper from my ears.

"I just want my lover back."

"I-I need more information!" I shout while trying to ignore the pain. "Wheein! You should remember everything!" I told to myself. "You don't want to be useless to remember! Put information in your head! Ignore the pain-UGH!" I suddenly shout.

I open the drawer next to me thinking that I can find something more or even clues while tears falling down my cheeks because of my head. I got a small box there, I open it with my hands shaking.

It shows an attached bracelet with a heart pendant. It has our names on it. I'm getting further things in my head making it feel like it's going to burst any time.

"N-Not now!" I hold my head. "I-I need more! Who am I?!" I burst into crying.

I closed my eyes and let my body fall somewhere because of exhaustion.

Hyejin's POV
I drive back to the apartment after the short but tiring hours of my work. It's afternoon already and I just want to have some more rest and take a nap if possible.

As I arrived at the building, I got on the elevator and pressed the button of the floor our apartment was on. I open the door using the pin card and got surprised by what I saw. I first remove my shoes and started to walk inside the room.

Some of my clothes were in the living room, the art room is also open, some of the paintings inside were facing the floor like someone find something behind them. All of this mess reminded me of Wheein because she's the only person here.

"Wheein-ah!" I shout and walk to the room.

I gasp as I saw her laying down on the floor with some papers and a bracelet box of ours.

"Wheein-ah!" I cup her face and tap her shoulder a bit trying to wake her up.

I got so worried so I call 911 for help. I just stayed with her the whole time until they come.

She must have been looking for more clues or she pushes her thing to remember too much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 60 5
Jeonghyo High School au Jeongyeon is a basketball player for Seoul High School where she sees a cheerleader from Busan High School. What happens when...
262K 5.9K 57
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
24.6K 1.5K 43
The less roses the less people The less people the better The population is dying but why? A secret palace with a beautiful garden holds the secret...