The Treehouse

By angelcakelove123

Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two peopl... More

Welcome
Cast
Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Author's Note

N I N E T E E N

1K 55 5
By angelcakelove123

Flex

Pointe

Flex

It was the day of the recital and I was currently stretching.

I tried to keep my nerves at bay when I heard that we go on in ten minutes.

"No doubt, they'll accept me. I mean I am the best dancer here, and the moment I step on the stage they'll see that." Cindy boasted to the other girls.

I rolled my eyes as she continued to go on and on about how she's going to Julliard, though she hasn't even heard back from them yet, she has it in her head that she's already going.

"Psst, psst, Twinkle Toes," I heard a voice whisper making my head dart around the room until they landed on a familiar pair of grey eyes.

There stood Myles by the backstage entrance with a hearty grin on his face as he waved me over to him.

Seeing him here giving me a sense of deja vu.

We haven't spoken much these past three days, as we were both extremely busy. 

This means we haven't brought up what happened in the treehouse a couple of days ago, but I'm happy to ignore the subject as long as I can.

We were both just caught up in the moment.

Well, I wasn't 

But that will be my excuse if he ever brings it up.

There's no way he could possibly feel the same way I feel.

He's my best friend and nothing more.

The sooner I understand that, the better.

"Myles you can't be back here," I whispered as I stood before him.

I tugged him over to a more secluded area so that no one spots him.

"I know, but I had to wish my favorite ballerina good luck," He whispered softly giving me one of his beautiful smiles.

I felt my heart flutter at his words, my face heating up underneath his gaze.

"Good luck Twinkle Toes, you'll do amazing," He said confidently, his reassurance immediately soothing my nerves.

"Thank you," I whispered back gratefully.

"Anytime Jess. I'll be sitting in the front row as I promised, so if you get too overwhelmed just look at me." He said as I nodded in agreement

"Now break a leg!" 

Was the last thing he said before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead and heading out the door.

Once I heard we were on in one, I quickly shuffled to the front just behind the curtains.

Peeking over the curtains my eyes briefly caught Myles, who gave me a breathtaking smile beside him were my friends and family who wore similar grins.

You got this Jess

This is what you were born to do.

Now it's time to show everyone what you're made of.

After my small pep, my feet graced the stage.

Immediately as the first song began the rest came naturally.

All my cares and worries were washed away and I became one with the music.

I threw everything I had into each movement, making sure my turns were sharp, my feet were poised and my posture perfect.

I danced with precise and unbridled passion, my heart barred open onto the floor.

Love

Pain

Heartbreak

Dance was about telling a story and I was the storyteller.

I conveyed every emotion ensuring that the audience felt the rollercoaster of emotions I did.

As I danced across the stage I knew this is exactly where I was meant to be.

This was my home

___

"YOU WERE AMAZING TWINKLE TOES!" I heard Myles yelled before he swooped me into his arms making me release a squeal.

Laughs fell from my lips as he spun me around.

"Absolute perfection!" Myles said placing me down onto the ground, though his arms remained wrapped around my waist, whereas my arms remained wrapped around his neck.

The recital was finally over and it felt bittersweet.

I was proud of my performance, but it was sad to know I would never dance with my team again. Though I wasn't close with any of my teammates they all treated me with respect in the studio and without them, I wouldn't have been able to tell so many stories throughout these past four years.

"Thank you," I said breaking out into a large grin which he returned.

"I'm so proud of you Twinkle Toes, so proud," Myles whispered gently into my ear as he pulled me into a hug.

My arms tightening around him as I buried my head into his chest.

Standing in Myles's arms, I got the same feeling I had on stage.

Being with Myles felt like home.

Once we pulled away from each other I was immediately bombarded by hugs and congratulations from my family and friends.

My smile widening at the sight of them, happy to see all my loved ones here on such an important occasion.

I honestly wouldn't be here if it wasn't for their overwhelming support.

We soon agreed to head to Debby's to celebrate the night.

Just as we were about to head out, Myles pulled me back slightly. 

Everyone else was still heading to the parking lot, as we stayed behind a bit.

"I got you these," Myles whispered gently into my ear.

Turning in his direction I saw that he was holding a bouquet of pink tulips and sunflowers, two of my favorite flowers.

Pink tulips symbolize love and affection. Similarly, sunflowers also symbolize love, adoration, and longevity.

I tried not to look too deep into the gift and grabbed the flowers in awe, touched at the kind gesture.

"Thank you, I love them," I said looking up at him with a soft smile.

I watch Myles's mouth open slightly, but before he could speak he was interrupted by a new voice.

"Excuse me, but are you Jesse Montogermy?" A lady questioned me causing me to turn around.

As I gazed at the beautiful woman before me I couldn't help but notice that she seemed familiar.

She had curls that fell down her back beautifully that matched her honey brown eyes, her light brown skin glowing under the light. She wore a dark blue pantsuit, that fitted her slender figure perfectly. As she stood before me I noticed she was taller than me by a couple of inches, standing around 5'10, though the extra height could be due to the black stilettos that she wore on her feet. 

"Yes, I'm Jesse Montogomery," I replied with a smile making her eyes light up with joy.

"It's so wonderful to meet you, Jesse! My name is Alicia Graf Mack and I'm head of the dance department at Julliard." She said making my heart drop to my feet, my eyes widening in shock.

Alicia Graf Mack stood before me.

One of the best dancers in the industry, known for her amazing performances at the Dance Theatre of Harlem and Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.

Once I came to my senses I quickly shook her outstretched, making sure my grip was firm.

Taking note of my nervousness, Myles intertwined my finger with his, easing my worry.

"The moment I saw your audition tape I was blown away. We see a lot of talent, but you Jesse are truly one of a kind, no one can dance or tell a story quite as you do. I knew I had to see you dance in person and I was not disappointed. The way you capture your audience is mesmerizing, and your technique is utter perfection. You, my dear, are a natural!" Alicia said with a grin as I found it hard to gather a response, her words shocked me to my core.

"Thank you so much, Alicia! I'm honored by your words," I replied, honestly flabbergasted by her praise.

I mean it's not every day a dance legend speaks highly of you.

"It was my pleasure dear! I know acceptance letters haven't come out yet, but I have high hopes that I will get to see many more of your performances this fall!" She said before saying goodbye.

Once she was out of sight, I released a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

"Pinch me, Myles," I said as he peered at me confused.

"Why?" He asked

"So, I know that wasn't a dream," I explained, still not believing what just happened.

Myles chuckled at my response, his hands softly cupping my face, tilting my head so I was looking up at him.

"Baby, that wasn't a dream. I told you you're the best dancer out there and Julliard would be crazy not to see just how talented you are." Myles said, staring down at me proudly.

I tried to ignore the butterflies that flooded my stomach when he called me baby and simply replicated the smile he gave me.

"Thanks for always believing in me Myles," I said gently as his forehead leaned against mine.

"Always Jesse," He whispered gently.

"Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 795 24
When Liliana moves back to her home town, she is surrounded by photos and news articles about her ex boyfriend; Zachary Miller, a well known boxer es...
141K 4.3K 9
Damian doesn't want anything to do with his step-brother, but when they're forced to work together, they're getting along- a little too well. *DUO P...
243K 6.7K 25
****MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY**** Strong sexual situations. "I mean, whatever you want to do to me, do it. Wherever you want to touch me, touch it. I'm...
1.7K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...