The Treehouse

By angelcakelove123

Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two peopl... More

Welcome
Cast
Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Author's Note

F I F T E E N

1.2K 55 0
By angelcakelove123

I sat crossed-legged on my bed as I watch a frantic Talia rummage through my closet.

Beside me was Malia who was reading the first book of the Shadow and Bone series, stating she can't watch the show until she's read all the books, and how the book is always better than the adaptation.

"AHA!" Talia screamed

While I jumped in surprise, Malia didn't even flinch, her eyes never leaving the page before her.

Talia turned to me with a large grin, her eyes glinting with excitement.

It took about thirty minutes for Talia to find the perfect outfit for me for Myle's match, tonight.

She didn't trust that I would find an outfit that screamed I'm sexy but I can still break your arm if you tried me.

Her words, not mines

"Go change, the boys would be here in less than an hour," Talia said before shoving the clothes into my hands.

I was the last one who needed to get ready, as Talia and Malia were already dressed.

Malia kept to her soft-girl aesthetic wearing light-blue, high-waisted mom jeans that had rips at the knee, a white spaghetti-strapped crop top, and a blue cardigan on top.

She paired her outfit with a simple gold necklace and white air forces.

I was happy that Malia was stepping out of her shell and dressing like she once used to, I could already see how much more open she has become, especially with a certain lacrosse star.

On the other hand, Talia had on a more edgy outfit.

She wore a black crop top that had cosmic bedazzled on top, white straight leg jeans that had black flames at the top and bottom, a black leather belt that had silver ring holes in it, and black doc martins.

Talia styles her outfit with layered silver chains, silver rings, and silver hoop earrings.

All in all, they looked incredible.

Now it's my turn

Heading into the bathroom I quickly changed into the clothes Talia picked out for me.

Looking in the mirror I smiled at the all-black assemble Talia pick out.

I was wearing a sleeveless black bodysuit and black leather pants that clung to me like a second skin.

Walking back out I heard a wolf-whistle.

"You look good," Talia said a smirk dangling on her face as Malia nodded in agreement, her attention off her book at last.

"Thank you," I replied before moving over to my dresser.

I kept my makeup simple only putting on some concealer, eyeliner, and lipgloss.

After I finished doing my makeup I went onto my hair.

Grabbing a comb and gel, I slicked my hair into a high ponytail.

Once I was satisfied with my hair I slipped on a couple of silver rings, before clipping the necklace Myles gave me around my neck.

By the time I was done the boys were outside waiting for us.

Clambering down my stairs, we made our way out, making sure to say goodbye to my mother and sister on the way.

After looking at the door, I turned to find a stunned Lance and West.

A smirk made its way onto my face as I watched the two of them stare at Maila and Talia in awe.

"You look beautiful Lia," West choked out his gaze never leaving hers.

"Thanks, babe! You look hot by the way," Talia responded with a wink before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

The small action causing his face to turn red.

I watched as West opened the back door for Talia, letting her in first.

What a gentlemen

West sent a small smile in my direction, now noticing my presence before sliding into the car himself.

"What?" Stuttered a clueless Malia

My attention now turned to an awestruck Lance and Malia, whose fingers were fiddling anxiously under Lance's heated gaze.

"Is there something on my face?" She questions frantically.

Her hand reached to touch her face, but Lance quickly grabbed her hand, clasping it in his.

"No, there's nothing on your face," Lance said gently his gaze softening.

"You look gorgeous Malia," He said making Malia's eyes widen in shock.

"Thanks, you too," Maila whispered back, as Lance smiled gently at her shyness.

I watched with a small smile as Lance opened the door for Maila, allowing her to take a seat in the passenger seat.

"Oh hey," Lance said now noting my appearance.

"You look great, Jess! Myles won't be able to keep his eyes off you," Lance said with a wink and a cocky grin on his face.

"The same way you can't keep your eyes off Malia," I retorted with a smirk of my own, before taking my seat in the back beside Talia.

"You ready kids," Lance said cheerfully once he took his place in the driver's seat.

I rolled my eyes at his enthusiasm, though I had a small smile on my face.

"Just drive Cunnigham," Talia said making us laugh a bit at the pout that formed on Lance's face in response.

The drive to Los Angeles consisted of Lance and Malia discussing Shadow and Bone, Talia and West looking at the new pieces that unveiled at the local art gallery, and me staring out the window.

Wow, I truly became the fifth wheel.

But, I didn't mind I loved seeing how happy my two best friends were.

Hopefully, I'll find that someday.

You already have

Before I could ponder on that thought, I heard the engine shut off.

We piled out of the car each us rounding to the front

Ahead of us was StubHub Center Boxing Stadium, one of the most popular and known boxing venues in California.

It was known that every boxer before they became a pro had a fight here that propelled their career, fighting here was huge for any up-and-coming boxer, giving you major recognition all over the West Coast.

Loud chants coming from inside the arena could be heard out here, sparking excitement within for what's to come tonight.

Walking in I was quickly blinded by the bright stadium lights.

Once, my vision cleared I was soon bombarded by the mass of people here.

The stadium had about 15,000 people here, though the stadium can only hold 8,000 seats everyone else standing. 

"This is insane!" Talia exclaimed as she took in the scene around us, feeling that same exhilaration buzzed through the crowd.

We nodded in agreement each of us thrilled for tonight, even Malia.

"Come on, Myles should be in the locker rooms getting ready," Lance yelled over the crowd, before directing us to where Myles was.

The girls and I linked arms together, the guys standing protectively around us as we pushed our way through the massive crowd, making sure to stay close to one another.

"There's the star of the night!" Lance called out once Myles came into view.

Before us stood a shirtless Myles, who has on black boxing shorts that hung lowly on his hips and matching black gloves.

His black hair was pulled back, a few rebellious strands falling in front of his face making my hand itch to pull them back.

Why does he have to be so gorgeous

I discreetly checked to make sure there wasn't drool on my face.

Zoning back into the conversation, I found Lance and Wes saying words of encouragement to Myles making me smile at the brotherhood they shared with one another.

Malia and Talia said a few words too as I stayed back to observe.

Myles had a small smile on his face, thanking them before his eyes flickered to mine.

Seeing that as my queue, I began to approach him his eyes lightening up at the sight of me.

"Hey," I said almost breathlessly, his intense gaze making my heart flutter.

"Hey," He replied his smile widening.

"You look amazing," He complimented his heated stare setting my skin ablaze.

"Thank you," I replied avoiding his gaze.

My gaze flickered to the silver boxing gloves that hung around his neck.

"You're wearing it," I whispered in astonishment.

His gaze flickered to were my own, his expression softening.

"Yeah, I wear it every day, it reminds me that I'll always have a part of you with me," He spoke gently, his eyes not meeting my own as a light blush painted his cheeks.

"Me too," I said softly gripping the ballet shoes that hung around my neck.

Smiles graced our faces as we stared at one another with tenderness.

"Sorry to break up this ridiculously cute moment, but you're up in five minutes and we have yet to snag some seats," Lance said with a smirk on his face.

"Screw off," Myles said glaring at his best friend, as Lance chuckled in response before walking away.

"Good luck out there Myles," I said once his attention was back on me.

"Thanks, Jesse," He said with an appreciative grin.

"I believe in you and I know you'll take home a win Rocky," I whispered before gently kissing him on the cheek.

Before I can wallow in the embarrassment from my actions, I quickly turned out of the room following close behind the others.

Pushing through the crowd once more, we were able to grab a couple of seats in the front of the stadium.

"Myles's Coach knows that we come so, he saves a couple of front row seats for every match," Lance explained as I nodded my head in understanding.

"WHO'S READY FOR GOLDEN GLOVES SEMI-FINALS!" A man dressed in all black yelled into the microphone as he stood in the middle of the ring.

At his words, the stadium erupted in ear-deafening screams.

"THIS IS THE FIGHT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, SO LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!" 

"Coming in from the left we have Light Heavyweight fighter Deril The Hitman Johnson, weighing at 175 pounds, and the number one boxer in the 18-21 category in Canada." The announcer on the sides announced as the crowd went insane.

Coming into the ring stood a guy who stood at about 6'1, with pale skin, buzzcut hair, and a bulky build.

He had a mischievous glint in his eyes and the arrogant smirk that danced on his face as he soaked in the praise of the crowd.

"Coming in from the right we have Light Heavyweight fighter Myles Rocky Langston, weighing at 172 pounds, and the two-time California state champion."

If I thought the crowd was amped before they seem to go crazier at the sight of Myles, and I couldn't help but join in the excitement as I screamed Myles's name.

The match had 8 rounds and would only end early if one was able to get a knockout on the other.

Once the crowd calmed down, the referee quickly joined the ring, going over the rules before stating that he wants a clean fight.

Deril and Myles quickly bumped fists with one another before the bell rang.

The two of them danced around the ring before Deril threw the first punch.

And it begins

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 181 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
245K 6.8K 25
****MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY**** Strong sexual situations. "I mean, whatever you want to do to me, do it. Wherever you want to touch me, touch it. I'm...
106K 2.8K 39
A story about a Delinquent and a goody two shoes who has different perspectives but has romantic feelings towards each other. Will it work out for th...
148K 4.4K 9
Damian doesn't want anything to do with his step-brother, but when they're forced to work together, they're getting along-a little too well. *DUO PO...