You Give Me Fever || Michael...

By MissJackson777

Dangerous Era - 1991. Becky Summers has her heart taken by boyfriend Alex. They've been together for a while... More

Author's Note Sept. 2023
Chapter 1: You Give Me Fever Introduction
Chapter 2: Have You Got A Fever?
Chapter 3: All Because Of Alex
Chapter 4: You Give Me Fever
Chapter 5: Love Or Lust?
Chapter 6: Moving Too Fast?
Chapter 7: Life Decisions...
Chapter 8: It's Happening
Chapter 10: First Date
Chapter 11: Returning Home
Chapter 12: Finally
Chapter 13: Medication
Chapter 14: Intimate
Chapter 15: Secrets
Chapter 16: Have I Told You That..?
Chapter 17: Doubted And Promised
Chapter 18: Hide Lie Or Die
Chapter 19: Life Or Death?
Chapter 20: Soon
Chapter 21: House-Warming Medication
Chapter 22: Psycho B. Jean
Chapter 23: Billie Jean Is Not My Lover - You Are
Chapter 24: It's Time To Be Happy
Chapter 25: Why Wait 'Til Tomorrow?
Chapter 26: Possible Little Person
Chapter 27: Real-Life Miracle
Chapter 28: We Defied The Odds
Chapter 29: It Was Me...
Chapter 30: His Initials Are M.J.J...
Chapter 31: Life Party
Chapter 32: I Swear
Chapter 33: Michael's Birthday
Chapter 34: Drunk
Chapter 35: Hangover Doesn't Help
Chapter 36: For All Time
Chapter 37: Only Each Other
Chapter 38: Trick Or Treat
Chapter 39: Lost
Chapter 40: Phone Call
Chapter 41: Perfect
Chapter 42: When Did I Get So Lucky?
Chapter 43: First Day Blues
Chapter 44: Bisexual
Chapter 45: Queen's Birthday
Chapter 46: All Because Of Michael
Chapter 47: A Better Michael...
Chapter 48: Due
Chapter 49: Freedom Breaks
Chapter 50: Mini
Chapter 51: Thankful
Chapter 52: Movie Night
Chapter 53: Catch Up
Chapter 54: Just An Old Friend
Chapter 55: Past, Present And Future
Chapter 56: Obvious Mistake
Chapter 57: Acting Different
Chapter 58: Short-Lived Summers
Chapter 59: Stay A Few Days
Chapter 60: Children
Chapter 61: Seen And Heard
Chapter 62: Goodbye Mommy
Chapter 63: Eulogy
Chapter 64: Birthday Wishes
Chapter 65: I'll Be Here For You Sweetheart
Chapter 66: Tough Decision
Chapter 67: Can't Do It By Myself
Chapter 68: Brave
Chapter 69: Calm Down
Chapter 70: Little Things
Chapter 71: I'll Be With The Angels
Chapter 72: As Long As You Live
Chapter 73: Why Would He Leave Me Alone Like That?
Chapter 74: Make It Count
Chapter 75: It's Been Forever
Chapter 76: Meanings And Memories
Chapter 77: Pleasure To Pain
Chapter 78: Somewhat Short
Chapter 79: Not What She Was
Chapter 80: You Give Me Fever - Epilogue
Final note
You Give Me Fever - 2nd Anniversary
New MJ story!

Chapter 9: You Still Love Him?

3.3K 167 323
By MissJackson777

Michael's been gone for a little over 20 minutes now. It's just me and mom in the house, dad's gone out, and I've been getting ready for me and Michael's first date, and I'm real excited.

I know mom doesn't approve of us giving it a go so soon, but it isn't like we're together right now, we're just dating, so she should be happy and ok with that.

Right now, I'm putting make-up on. That's a rare event for me, as I'm not normally one to try and make an effort with looks.

But, just this once, I'm gonna try it.

I hear a knock at the bedroom door. Probably Michael.

"One second!" I shout, doing the last finishing touches of my make-up.

I spray a little perfume, just for fun.

"Alright, c'mon in," I call, and I hear the door open.

I look at my reflection in the mirror, and see, not Michael... mom.

"Mom," I say matter-of-factly.

Mom raises her eyebrows in acknowledgement to my greeting.

"What do you want, mom?" I ask.

I'm not being rude, it just isn't the most polite way of asking.

"I came to talk to you," she says.

"If it's just gonna be about the fact that me and Michael are going too quick, I don't wanna hear--"

"No.. it isn't. It's about Alex. And the baby you miscarried."

"Mom, I don't wanna talk about them.."

"I know you don't, Becky.. but.. did Michael say anything about Alex being in the house when he went to get your stuff?"

"No, he didn't say anything.. I'll ask him when we go out."

"I don't want Alex going anywhere near you, and if he does, I'll make sure he's needing a doctor himself. Becky, never go back to his house, not ever, ok?"

"I wasn't planning to, mom.. look, Michael's gonna be here any second, then we're going out together.."

"Oh, I know you are. Ask him, though, about Alex. And remember, don't be back any later than ten-thirty. And, you've got nine other dates before you even start to consider a relationship."

"I know, I know. Mom, please try to like Michael, he's been amazing for me these past few days. I know we haven't known each other all that long, but once we've known each other a couple months, please try to get to know him better.. all you've done so far is ask questions that'll guarantee bad answers from him. Try asking him about his favourite.. sport, or.. what he does in his spare time. Make conversation that won't induce any kinda argument.."

"Becky.."

Mom's tone is suggesting I'm asking too much of her.

"Mom, please. It wouldn't kill you to be nice. Especially, if we end up staying together. Then, what are you gonna do? Spend your life in the Land of Awkward cos you don't wanna talk to him?"

"No, I--"

"When we get back tonight, ask how our date was, and be nice. That's all I'm asking. It can be acting for all I care, just, please, for me, try to make an effort.."

I'm begging now, literally begging.

Mom sighs, and I'm hoping it's because she's giving in.

"Mom? Please?" I give her the puppy dog eyes.

"Alright. But don't expect it every single time you go on a date. It's too soon for me."

"Thank you! Look, it's just a case of, 'oh, how was the date?' that's all you gotta ask. It gives Michael a little reassurance. He's really trying to make you like him, he really likes you, mom."

"He does? He likes me?"

"Yes! He's making a real effort for you to return that favour, so, just do as I say, ok?"

"Ok, ok."

"Thank you!" I hug mom, and she hugs back.

The doorbell goes, and I run towards the door.

"I'll get it. It'll be Michael!"

I run to the door, trying not to trip up because of how fast I'm going. I open the door, a warm smile on my face to greet Mich--

"Alex?!" I cry, stepping away from the door in fright.

Mom comes down the stairs, and sees Alex.

"You get out of my doorway, Mister!" she screams, and begins to push the door to close it.

Alex places his foot between the gap that's remaining.

"Hey, c'mon, that's not fair! I just wanna talk to Becky.."

"No! We're over, Alex! We're over, now get away from this house! Go back to Lisa, I don't want you here!"

I'm practically crying now, I'm so scared.

Mum forces the door to close, but it doesn't. Alex is pushing it the other way, to keep it open.

"Let me talk to Becky!" Alex demands, a slight heighten in the volume of his voice.

"No, you killed my child, our child! I never wanna see your evil little face again!" I cry, starting to help mom close the door.

Alex is really putting up a fight, for God's sake!

"And I'm sorry! I was just getting mad that you accused me of cheating with Lisa! And yes, I know I did cheat, but it was only a couple of meet-ups! We kissed, and it was her choice! She was all, 'my husband is a flirt, so I'm gonna do it back!' and then she kissed me! I mean, yes, it felt good, but I told her that I had you in my life, and that we shouldn't be doing what we were doing! She told me to calm down, that what we were doing was harmless, and so.. I agreed! I know it was cheating, but I've broken up with Lisa now, because you've broken up with me.. I told her that I cared for you more, and that I couldn't do to her what I did to you... you make me happy, Becky.. you really do.. and what I did to you to make us lose our child.. it'll haunt me, forever.. I wish we could get our child back.. and I'm sorry.."

I don't know what to say now... he just apologised, but I don't care for him anymore!

And, what's more, Michael will be back in like 5 minutes!

How will he react, if he sees Alex here?! I don't even want to imagine.

"Mom, go inside for a moment," I say softly.

She leaves the doorway, and I turn back to Alex.

"Alex.. me and Michael are dating now.." I say softly, opening the door. Alex looks upset, hurt.

"You're wearing make-up.. you never did that for me.. and.. you're dating your doctor? The husband of the girl I cheated with?" he asks sadly.

I nod my head.

"Yes, and that's the way it's staying. I'm grateful for the apology, but we're never going to be getting back together. You hurt me too much, and I can't forget that. I'm sorry Alex, me and Michael are starting to consider a life together now."

That was a reasonable response, right? Yeah, I think so.

"Becky, I can't let go of us.. that moment, a few days ago, when you told me you were pregnant, that made my life! I don't know what possessed me to take away that happiness that we had.. I wish I could reverse time," Alex says.

"Well, it's a little late now, Alex," I start.

Then, I realise that Michael will be here any moment now.

"Alex, you've gotta go. Michael will be back in like a minute, and if he sees you here, he'll kill you. Quite literally, grab a knife and stab you!" I panic a little, pushing Alex away from the doorway.

"Don't give up on us, Becky," Alex pleads.

I push him further back, trying to get him to take the hint. But he doesn't.

"Alex!" I cry, "Go!"

"Not without the goodbye gift you owe me!" he says quickly, and before I even have a split-second to react to what the hell he just said, he launches forward and kisses me.

No warning or anything, just.. boom. A kiss, straight on the lips.

I pull away quickly, and push him away.

"What are you doing?!" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes, what are you doing?" a stern voice asks behind Alex.

He shifts to one side, revealing.. a very angry Michael.

But he does look hot.. he's wearing a black tuxedo and white under-shirt, and his hair is curled and in a pony tail, with a few strands of hair draped over his face. Hot.

"Michael!" I whisper in shock, hurt that he saw the one thing I didn't want him to see.

"You still love him, Becky?" Michael asks, a tear in his eyes.

"No! Of course not! I just told him to go, and he went and kissed me!" I cry. Alex turns to look at me.

"Then why is he here?" Michael asks.

"I didn't invite him here," I say calmly, "He just came."

"Alex, I'll kindly ask you to leave, now," Michael orders calmly.

"Becky and I are still meant to be, doctor Michael. We're always gonna be 'meant to be,' and there's nothing you can do with your little stethoscope and your doctor's magic that can change that, alright?" Alex replies, his voice getting louder with every word.

I look at Michael, hinting that I don't know what to do. Michael steps closer to me and Alex, pain in his eyes because Alex is here.

"Look, Alex, Becky has moved on from you.. and I know that you don't like that, but it's the way it's gonna have to be. You killed her child, you cheated on her, and now you expect to just apologise and hope that that'll make everything better? Well, no, Alex. You're wrong. And I'm sorry if you can't accept that, but that's life. Now, if you don't mind, leave, right now. You've hurt Becky too much as it is," Michael says.

It's so sweet, how he just jumped so gallantly to my defense. And it just proves how much he cares for me, he's getting genuinely upset with Alex because Alex hurt me.

That's a real man for you, right there.

"You've known her for a matter of days. I've known her for years. I know her better than you," Alex says darkly.

"What's your point? At least I haven't hurt her, killed her child or cheated on her! She deserves better than you, Alex. So, go back to Lisa, go back and tell her that you wanna be with her forever, cos me and Becky aren't seperating for the likes of you," Michael retaliates.

Despite Alex's apology, I am kinda realising that maybe, I shouldn't accept it. Michael's putting all of this into perspective for me, and making me realise just how much damage Alex has done.

"I know Becky still loves me, I know it," Alex asserts.

Um, no!

"I'll never love you again, Alex. Hearing what Michael has said, has made me realise.. how much you've done to hurt me.. and it can't be forgiven. I think you should go now, Alex. Leave, go live your perfect life without me, and I'll do the same without you," I say.

Alex walks closer to me, and looks deep into my eyes.

"I know you still love me," he says again.

"I couldn't love you if you were the last man on earth. Now leave, you make me sick," I hiss, getting up close to him, to try and intimidate him.

It's then that I lose all respect for him, as he slashes me across the face with his hand.

I caress the area, and Michael runs forward and wraps his arm around Alex's neck from behind, choking him.

Woah, Michael's showing a violent streak here!

"Let go of me!" Alex manages to cry, but Michael squeezes harder.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again," he starts, then lets Alex go.

Alex falls to the ground, and, being the sweet man Michael is, helps Alex up. Why? He didn't deserve that.

"Just leave now, because Becky doesn't want you," Michael finishes, extending his arm out for Alex to shake.

Alex declines it, and starts to walk away.

"I know you still love me, Summers, I know you still love me.."

Is he mental in the head?

I run to Michael, and he embraces me in a hug. I needed that hug, for sure.

"You look amazing," I say.

I'm trying ever so hard to change the subject. I need to be in a positive frame of mind for our date tonight.

Michael smiles faintly.

"I'm not normally a violent person, but he went too far striking you. And.. thanks. You look beautiful, sweetheart."

"Thank you.. I.. he kissed me, y'know. I didn't even want that," I say.

"I know it wasn't your fault. He needs arresting, he really does. In fact, why don't we call the police on him?" Michael asks.

"We should, Michael.. but, I don't even know if he's still living in the same house, or what."

"He wasn't there when I went to get your stuff, but the front door was unlocked, so he must be living there.. I don't know, I believe he still lives there."

"Then that makes our job easier. We can ring the police, and just say where he lives. No problem," I say, a faint smile on my face.

--

Me and Michael just spoke to the police. We told them everything, from the miscarriage, to the assault that same day.. everything.

They're gonna be starting some sort of investigation, which is good.

But right now, I wanna forget about it. It's date night tonight, remember?

"Right, are you ready to go?" Michael asks, linking his arm in mine.

We're walking to.. wherever the date's gonna be.

"Yes, Michael, I'm ready," I say, trying to put the events of an hour ago in the back of my mind.

"Do you think we'll enjoy tonight?" Michael asks.

"Of course! Don't you know why?" I ask.

Michael takes a moment to think, then, it dawns on him.

"Of course I know why. Because.. we both got major fever for each other!"

"That is true," I chuckle. "So, where are we going for our first date?"

"You'll see, Miss Summers," Michael winks. "You'll see."

Author's note: sooooo... now I gotta try and think of a place for their date, next chapter! Was the Alex thing a little bit of a twist? Hope it's a good twist, heehee.. I think this story went a little downhill, but now I think it's going a little better again... I hope, anyway.. hope you guys like it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 386 20
"It's me. I'm broken." // For Michael Jackson, life hasn't been all that it seemed-although, it was pictured that way. An upcoming album, a beautiful...
17.5K 287 12
˚୨🎞️୧⋆。 Michael x reader ˚୨☎️୧⋆。 I update whenever I can ˚୨🧸୧⋆。 Comments are deeply appreciated ˚୨🎬୧⋆。 requests: closed
14.2K 466 24
Kayla has already been through enough turmoil in her life. She has a beautiful home, a job and she's married but that's just it..Nobody knew what hap...
5K 256 12
Darla Evans, a determined waitress, has had her ups and downs. Money, a home, a car but her world is broken. Losing both of her parents and an abusiv...