The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Time

2.7K 87 14
By DayDreamerBookReader

This song is seriously awesome, I love it! It's called (Open your Eyes- By Bea Miller) as usual not my song or video. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

Everything passed in the blink of an eye, my fevered dreams were filled with vivid  memories, well perhaps not memories, they definitely weren't nightmares..

I heard a warped voice in my ear, and the cries of a child.

My vision was blurry but what I could see was  gorgeous, vivid saffron silk was wrapped around something.

"She's beautiful, Lyra" the voice said lovingly. I couldn't help the joyous skip of my heart.

Black hair the same as my own, and her eyes were such a familiar gold.. she had my nose, and my lips, along with my eyelashes. But, her ears were definitely water tribe. I saw her chakras flow inside her. Though her bending held the same channels as waterbender, she was most definitely a fire bender.

Oddly, I didn't feel shocked in the slightest, instead I stroked the babies cheek lovingly.

"Would you like to hold her, My Love?" My voice hummed softly, but it sounded older. Lighter, in a way. Like I didn't have a care in the world.

"Aang, and Katara are here. Toph is on her way, she can't wait to meet her goddaughter." The distorted voice informed me excitedly, as I passed the bundle to warm, slightly calloused hands.

"Hello, my fire lily." The voice cooed to the infant.

The fantasy burned away, like logs in a campfire.

I reached out to the fading light until it was gone although and my hand struck pleasantly warm metal.

I groaned in confusion, and achiness.

"What happened?" I asked myself.

I pushed myself up feeling the aches fade with each pop from stiff bones. I rubbed my forehead and found it was slick with sweat.

I heard the groan of metal when I was hit with memories, I relaxed upon realizing it was safe.

Imagine my surprise when I hear Liu's voice,

"Took ya long enough" she joked, "how'd you sleep?" She asked me.

"Great actually, we're in a different room, it doesn't smell like cinnamon" I noted to her.

Dr. Liu nodded with a grin as I allowed my waterbending to space to every corner of the room,

"Smart girl" she praised, "you are correct, we are in the medical wing. It seemed that all you're body needed was some good sleep.  Because, the fever subsided a few hours after you went to sleep. Do you feel better?" She asked me.

I nodded,

"I feel great! Like I could run back and fourth on the ship ten times!" I said to prove my energy.

Admittedly, maybe not run, but whatever.

Liu chuckled,

"Perhaps that's not the best idea. However, if you want, General Iroh, and Prince Zuko are on deck right now, you may join them if you wish." Liu offered.

I thought briefly then agreed readily.

I pushed myself off the medical bed, and stood to my feet.

I noticed my new clothes, they were a women's tunic, and loose hanging pants.

Liu noticed my curiosity and answered the question that plaqued my mind,

"The tunic is mine, it doesn't fit me anymore, and the pants were of Iroh's choosing. He thought you might enjoy the feel of lighter fabric, but if you wish we have washed your original clothes, and worry not, I changed your clothes." She explained with reassurance.

I sighed in relief, and I gave her a relaxed smile,

"Thanks" I breathed.

Then my stomach growled causing a embarrassed blush to form over my face,

Liu cackled,

"Don't worry, lunch was just served. That was just great timing, I was going to ask if you are hungry but it seems I already have my answer." She wiped tears from her eyes.

She recomposed herself,

"I can lead you there if you'd like." She offered.

I shook my head,

"No, need. I know my way up onto deck." I laughed at the memory as I remembered the casual conversation I was having when I met Iroh at first, as if nothing was happening.

Liu gave me a strange look but motioned towards a door opening onto the deck.

I nodded waving her adieu.

The hallways were lined with crew members, and I easily weaved between them.

As I was making it outside, I noted the angry grunts and sound of kicks combined with the sound of fire blasts.

Remind me not to get on Zuko's bad side. Oh wait, I already have, hee hee.

I used my hands to skim the wall and made a image in my head. The air was far from dry and I noticed a spray bottle filled with water was sat just before the door.

My heart skipped a beat, Zuko did this?

I'd have to thank him.

My bare feet patted the metal floor and I pushed the door open to be met with a pleasant ocean breeze.

Iroh waved, and Zuko paused in the middle of his fight motioning to pause for a break and wiping his forehead with a towel. I sat down at the table on a soft cushion.

The smell of ocean trout made my stomach growl tenfold. Iroh smiled,

"How was your rest?" He asked as he slid over a plate, and a bowl filled with a spicy, but fragrant cow-pig soup.

I breathed in the scents,

"I slept well. I feel a lot better, Thank you." I bowed.

Iroh waved me off,

"No need, you're part of the family, and family takes care of each other." Iroh stated with a warm smile.

I couldn't help but smile. Especially when, a certain banished prince pressed a kiss to my cheek, I couldn't hold back my adoration.

"Hello, Dear" Zuko greeted, making me blush, "are you enjoying your food? I asked the chef to make the red bean bao just for you" he hummed warmly.

My mouth opened in shock and my eyebrows shot up, and my look of shock turned to a touched smile,

"Thank you, Love I have yet to begin eating, but it smells delicious." I praised, pecking him gently on the lips, "And that's your reward" I stated cheekily.

Zuko blushed, his voice hushed her answered whispering in my ear,

"Then perhaps I should do it more often.." he trailed.

I laughed, smacking him lightly on the shoulder,

"Stop it you!" I scolded him jokingly, causing him to chuckle, and Iroh to clear his throat, reminding us he was here, and had seen everything.

We both blushed and I rapidly pulled away from Zuko with hot fire across our cheeks.

I had to hold myself back from licking my lips.

Zuko cleared his throat,

"Sorry, Uncle. Uh- as I was saying earlier.. what was I saying?" He grumbled.

"You're fire bending training" Iroh reminded, sounding amused.

"Oh, yeah, that." Zuko nodded.

"We'll be learning the forms, my nephew. Stances for the komodo dragon form, and the viper form. Actually, why don't you join in Lyra? It'll help expand your bending abilities, and will make you harder to predict in battle." Iroh offered.

I thought for a moment when I heard a holler behind me and Asura raced towards me. Sending my face into the bowl of rice.

She stopped and finally sat at my side allowing me to pull my face up.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Zuko yelled in rage, causing the animal tamer chasing Asura to freeze in horror, and terror.

"Calm yourself, Prince Zuko" soothed Iroh, placing a hand on his nephew's shoulder.

"But, Uncle-" Zuko protested and I stood up once clear of rice.

"I'm fine, Zuko" I assured him.

Zuko slumped and nodded but not before sending the animal caretakers away.

"There" I nodded, and pressed a kiss to his cheek and sat down, digging into the spicy soup, which was hot but with some rice every few bites it really helped.

Everyone resumed their spot at the table and I gave Asura my fish which she took without a second thought.

The meal ended once everyone had finished eating and Zuko went back to training while Iroh began teaching me Pai sho. He dipped them in water where I turned it to ice, and he put his pieces halfway in the water. It was extremely enjoyable, and we only stopped once Zuko finished training and announced his goodnight.

It was then that I realized how tired I was with a yawn.

"I think I'll do the same, Iroh. Sleep well." I waved walking back to the medical bay.

"Sleep well, see you in the morning." Iroh nodded back.

My head danced with warm images, and my dream was long forgotten...

--------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and have a great day! Until next time my Bookworms I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water 💧 ...
29.9K 930 21
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
38.3K 861 25
Katara is becoming Queen of the Southern Water Tribe and needs to find a husband so her father puts on a challenge for the princesses hand. Things ha...