Surviving | grey's anatomy

By FiorraCavazza

"You know I used to love working here...good memories, seeing my friends who are my second family. And now? N... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Season 3
18
19
20
21
22
24
Preview
25.1
25.2
Author note
I'm back
You're gonna hate me
26
27
Thank you!

23

3.6K 137 24
By FiorraCavazza

"Maybe she'll be in "look but don't touch" patrol too. At least I'll have some company." Izzie whispers with an arrogant tone.

Eve is tying her shoes frowning at her friends. Wasn't Cristina the one who always helped them with their crap.

Alex scoffs. "Whatever she gets I hope it's bad. Really bad." 

Eve scoffs loudly making both of them look at her. "Oh I'm sorry I forgot it's be a hypocrite day..." Eve whispers to them making them furrow their brows in confusion.

Eve should be one of the most pissed. She's always praising how winning is everything and how not getting many surgeries feels like losing.

"She made a mistake, we all make..." Meredith tries to stand up for her but an angry George interrupts.

"A mistake? She was going to let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand operate on my father." 

All of them snap their heads at the door when they see Cristina enter. Everyone is quiet.

"Could you stop looking at me like that? It's creepy and makes you look like you haven't been fed." 

No one replies and everyone decides to leave aside from Meredith and Eve who take a seat next to her.

It really wasn't fair how they were treating Cristina. Like she was an enemy. She made a mistake. She didn't know what to do. 

"So how's it going?" Meredith asks in a light tone leaning against the locker.

"How's what going?" Cristina asks in a bored tone.

"You and Burke? Are you okay?" Eve asks knowing that the Two are basically living together but also ignoring each other.

"We're existing in total silence." She replies not caring at all. At least so she pretends.

"He's not speaking to you?" Meredith asks tilting her head slightly.

"Well I'm not speaking to him either." 

"I'm sorry are you okay?" Meredith questions making Cristina roll her eyes annoyed.

Eve sighs. "Look we just wanna help." She moves to put a hand on Cristina's shoulder but she shrugs it off.

"stop asking okay. Stop helping." She angrily scolds before Bailey walks in glaring slightly at Cristina scolding them for not being there. Wel mostly she scolded Cristina. And it was only 30 seconds.

...

"Hi mom" George greets making his mom smile warmly at him. 

"Hi honey... oh Evelyn you look even more thin that yesterday have some breakfast you kids." She friendly offers making Eve smile warmly at the mother.

"It's alright Mrs. O'Malley thank you though!" She smiles whole Alex yells jackpot in victory moving to have some of the food.

"Karev." Bailey scolds making him quickly backtrack though. She really wasn't happy today was she.

"Hey ready for the bid day pops?" Ronnie asks enthusiastically while jerry immediately lunges at the food.

Then dr. Hahn walks in. Eve really didn't like that women. She was rude. Snobby and cold. She definitely has a superiority complex. 

"Alright people let's make this fast I have a day. Which one of the interns is mine?" She asks looking over the interns.

"It's mine. He's family and she's candy striper." Alex says raising his hand.

"I'm ready." Izzie enthusiastically nods.

"What if you did pick me. What if you picked me?" George tries to suggest clearly still not having gotten the memo that family members don't work on family.

Ronny and Jerry then imitate George making him sound like a begging whiny dog.

"Ohhh pick me!" They make a whiny noise.

"Yang." Bailey says making everyone look at her shocked and annoyed. Sounds of protest appear.

"Dr. Hahn Cristina is very good with cardio. I'm sure you could use her for the day. What are you waiting for Yang. Present the case." Bailey orders smiling a little more happy. Eve frowns at that. Why is she happy with giving Cristina a case?

Cristina sighs. "Harold O'Malley sixty three, diagnosed with oesophagial cancer and severe aortic regurge. Is scheduled for aortic valve replacement this afternoon."

...

"Dude That case was mine and she gives it to Yang. I haven't had a cardiac case in ages." Alex moans angrily.

"It's not a case it's my father." George mumbles making Eve pat his back. 

"And he's going to be fine George." She smiles warmly making him lose some tension in his shoulders. 

He loved that Eve has this affect on him. With her he can always calm down. 

Eve turns to look forward again looking wehere they are going. Bailey hasn't really said anything. "Just you wait..." she said before walking away.

"So there's a double standard. Yang does something wrong and she gets rewarded. That's fair." She scoffs making Eve rolls her eyes.

You don't even get to have an attitude Izzie. As far as Eve can remember Cristina didn't kill a patient.

"If you threw thumb suckers don't stop whining I swear I will not show you what's behind this door. And trust me.  You want to see what's behind this door." Bailey smirks at them before opening the door.

All of them become silent seeing what's in front of them. Conjoined twins. And Eve bets that they are not here for a small aneurysm.

"So who thinks Yang got the better case? That's what I thought." Bailey shrugs liking their baffled interns faces.

...

"Jake and Pete Weitzman. 35 year old adult pygopagus conjoined twins. Attached at the lumbar sacral junction.

Jake smiles at dr Weber. "But not for long right, dr. Webber?" 

"The weitzman brothers came in about 6 months ago for a separation procedure. They opted out because of the risk" Weber informs all interns.

It is a risky procedure Eve reasons in her head.

"Prete chickened out." Jake says with a roll of his eyes.

Pete then groans. "Wel forgive me for wanting to live longer, even if it meant living with you." He sarcastically says.

"Yeah well you wasted 6 months of our lives thank you very much." He replies.

"You guys came back at the right time. We just scored new yorks's top plastic surgeon." Alex smiles glancing at Sloan trying to see if he caught his attention. But he frowns when he sees the plastic surgeon glance at Eve from the corner of his eyes.

Alex grits his teeth at that. Eve isn't even interested in plastics and definitely not in him. 

"Mark Sloan, plastics. And you remember dr. Shepherd, your neurosurgeon." Weber introduces them once again.

Mark nods focusing on the twins.

"We used to work together, as a team actually." He smiles at them.

But Derek shakes his head.

"We worked together. We were never actually a team." He corrects with a charming smile.

Eve gulps at that. Please don't let it turn out like last time.

"Jake Pete... do you mind me asking why now? When you thought the procedure was too risky 6 months ago?" George asks.

 But before they can respond a young women enters the room.

She looks startled at all the doctors. "Woah that's a lot of doctors. I'm going to come back..." she mumbles moving to walk away but Jake stops her ushering her in.

"No Elena come in. You want to know why now? This is why. The love of my life Elena." He introduces es the shy women.

Eve smiles at that. That's sweet.

Elena though shakes her head.

"Jake... I told him not to do this for me, cause that's just crazy. Pete said they could end up paralyzed? They could end up dead?" She asks worriedly gripping Jake's hand.

Jake frowns turning to his brother. "Why would you tell her things like that?" He asks angrily.

Pete scoffs in return. "I wasn't telling her I was telling you. She just happens to be the only one who listens to me." 

„She happens to be right." derek tunes in crossing his arms across his chest.

„do you know what it's like to be stuck to the same person..." Jake starts only to be interrupted by Pete. 

„Here we go..."

Jakes turns to furiously look at his brother. „Yes here we go... to be stuck to the same person every minute of every day? To not have anything that's just yours? To never be in your own? Well no one should have to live like that." he finally completes everyone being silent.

If Eve is being honest she can understand where both are coming from. Never being alone never getting a little moment of peace. But also risking dying risking being paralyzed.

„What do you think Pete?" Derek asks turning to the hurt looking man.

He glances at Jakes with hurt eyes. He then turns to Derek looking determined. „I think why would I want to be attached to someone who doesn't want to be attached to me."

...

„We're all on this case right?" Alex asks excitedly.

Bailey nods turning to Izzie. „Steven you are to-„

„Look and not speak or touch or breathe. I got it." Izzie  interrupts smiling happily.

Mark then walks over to all of them with his hands in his coat pockets.

„So this is the Crack Team?" he asks turning away from Bailey immediately looking at Eve who smiles at him innocently.

Alex does not like the look he's giving Eve. 

„Feel free to take one." Bailey shrugs not caring.

Mark makes a thinking face pretending to really differ between all of them before smirking at Eve raising a brow.

„I'll take my little genius." he says nodding at Eve who nods in return smiling brightly at him.

Alex groans annoyed.

„Dr. stevens is actually joining us." Eve tells Mark who's face slightly falls at that. He was looking forward to spending the day with Eve. Alone.

He sighs annoyedly not caring that Izzie is right next to them.

„Great Miss I don't speak or can help in any way. Let's go Lynn." he says smiling at the brunette clearly not caring about the other one.

He walks forward holding the door open for Eve who smiles gratefully before walking out. He smiles in return walking through the door as well clearly not remembering that Izzie is supposed to follow them.

The blonde huffs and looks in shock at the door Sloan just left in not caring about her.

...

„Thank you for picking me Dr. Sloan. I'm gonna do my best to help as much as possible." Eve starts as she walks next to Mark who smiles in return.

„I know that Lynn. You're my little genius." he replies making her blush lightly.

„Will you be working in both the skin graft and the nerve reconstruction?" Eve asks curiously making him nods coming to a halt. 

Finally he turns to Izzie who's already annoyed at being ignored like that.

„Yes Lynn and you will help me. And I think I'll handle both better with a little caffeine in my system. Stevens get me a blueberry scone, a bone dry cappuccino and a sugar donut for Lynn. Finally I get to apologize for it." he grins at the brunette who smiles at his thoughtfulness but is not happy with how he's treating Izzie.

„Dr. Sloan? Don't you think it's maybe better if you focus on teaching and get a coffee later?" Eve asks biting her lower lip giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

Mark sighs in the inside. His demeanor crumbling. He pours his lips before nodding slowly.

"Fine.. no coffee for me." He replies continuing to walk again.

Both women quickly following. "You have him wrapped around you finger." Izzie whispers making Eve nudge her.

"Not true!" She whispers although her cheeks heat up.

...

Eve is talking to nurse Tyler when a furious George storms up to her.

"She banned me. Hahn banned me."  George whispers to her heatedly.

Eve smiles apologetically at Tyler before turning to George."What happened? What did she say that?"

George clenches his jaw. "Jerry and Ronnie keep degrading me, and Cristina is still working on my dad and I got mad. I'm furious! Why does she get to work on him and not me?" He angrily slams his hands on the nurse counter making one of the nurses jump up.

Eve quickly smiles at her apologetically before pulling George away.

"George I need you to calm down alright. You can lose your head now-"

"I hired her!! It's my father! I should be in there it's my right." George yells making her quickly shush him.

"I know he's your father that's why you shouldn't be there! George... just try to understand he's your das you say you can be professional now but when you're in there? How do you know how it's going to be when you see your dad on that table?" Eve asks huffing. She understands where George is coming from but he's still his son.

George rolls his eyes. "I can be a professional I'm better at it than Cristina-" 

"George." Eve says grabbing ahold of his face. "Take a Deep breath for me please." She whispers looking him in the eyes.

After a minute he does as he's told. "Better?" Eve whispers making him nod quickly. 

"Y-yeah... b-better." He stutters his face heating up.

"Now listen. You are his family. And you want to help him. And right now the best choice is letting Hahn do her job. When you're with your family be George... your dad's son. Not dr. O'Malley. Don't fight this. Just be there for him." Eve tells George sincerely. 

The man stares into her deep brown eyes. Letting her words go through his head.

Slowly his head starts moving. Turning into a nod.

"Okay..." he whispers. "Okay." 

...

"22 surgeons. It takes 22 surgeons to do this." Izzie excitedly whispers.

Eve next to her a little closer to Sloan. They're currently working on a model. 

Eve has the picture clear in her head knowing where every vein is going every nerve.

"Where are we?" Weber asks.

"I'm on to the clauda equina." Derek replies concentrated.

"I'll be working on the musculature of the perineal floor." Bailey answers.

"I'll be harvesting the sural nerve for transfer." Mark answers.

"Once i resect this artery, we're going to have less than two minutes before all sensation to the nerves is gone." Derek mumbles his tone not that sure of himself.

"I'm pretty sure we're going to have enough nerve to transfer and cover the defacits. We can do this." Mark nods optimistic.

Suddenly something breaks inside of the model making Derek groan in anger.

"Damn it. It's going to be a lot more fragile in the body. It's one thing if this is a life and death situation where this is all we can do to save them. But these people are fine. This isn't worth the risk." Derek says before throwing his tools down making Eve jump slightly.

...

"I think it's romantic. Two brothers fighting over the same woman." Izzie sighs after heaving told them that both brother were in love with Elena.

Alex swallows his sandwich.

"You know what freaky though? Conjoined twins having sex in front of the other one. How do you do that?" Alex asks slightly chuckling. 

"I couldn't have sex with someone when my brother is right next to me..." Eve mumbles feeling sorry for the brothers before biting into her chocolate bar.

"Family is complicated." Meredith sighs tiredly. 

Alex then glances over to Cristina. 

"You're still here. You haven't been kicked out of the program yet." He tells her to her face making Eve frown at him.

"Alex." Meredith warns but he ignores her.

"How'd you do it? I mean did you have some sort of secret signal in surgery so that the nurses wouldn't know?" He asks interested.

"Alex..." Eve sighs giving him a pointed look.

"What? I'm just wondering how to get ahead around here. Me, I fetch coffee for Sloan. Yang she gets surgeries none of us would get." He grumbles angrily.

"Got a head count on how many patients you two have lied to in the past month?" George asks another jab at Cristina.

"Leave her alone. Her patient lived so she gets to scrub in." Izzie shrugs.

This is the last straw for Eve. With a sarcastic chuckle she gets off the bed. "Look at all of you. Jabbing at her like it's some kind of free time activity. You're freaking hypocrites." She mumbles the last part before walking away.

...

"Lee you're going to be standing right next to me right?" Derek asks smiling at the brunette.

She smiles at him apologetically. "I'm sorry dr. Shepherd but I'm on dr. Sloan's service today..."

Derek waves a dismissing hand. "It's fine I can move it. We haven't worked a lot together. There's a lot to teach today."

Eve sighs sadly. She really wanted to be taught something else. And she loves being taught by Derek she loves neuro. But somehow plastics are also in her picture. It's such an interesting work. And how it helps people how much affect it can have. And she also like working with mark.

"I'm sorry dr. Shepherd. I would love to work with you! I miss neuro but dr. Sloan really made plastics interesting for me as well and I would really like to see his work today. But the next one I would gladly start scrubbing in with you again." She smiles at him warmly making him nod understandingly.

When she turns away he grits his teeth. So now Mark wants to steal his intern? His student. No way in hell he's gonna let that happen.

...

In the OR Eve is watching what Mark is doing closely. She even gets to do suction.

And he even requested for Izzie to come closer and not to side in the gallery.

At that she smiles warmly at Mark who grins back behind is mask.

"This vessel's even more fragile than in the bio model." Dereks mumbles.

"Let's do a microvascular bypass graft. I can harvest the saphenous vein while I'm down there." Mark suggests making Derek sigh.

He's thinking Eve notes. He's overthinking she worries.

He then glances at Eve who's already looking at him. Whenever he feels like he doesn't know what to do he would always glance at Eve. He once joked saying that her eyes gave him an answer.

Slightly the brunette nods at him. He slowly nods back.

"Alright, give me a 10-blade."

...

"Alright. Moment of truth. Removing the clamps." Derek announces making everyone hold their breath.

"SAP's are falling." The woman calls out.

Derek nods. "Alright pump up the blood pressure. We need as much blood through the area as possible." 

Eve turns to watch the screen intently. It's silent everybody's working. And she's staring and the screen.

She loudly gasps. Seeing a little twitch. "A twitch! I see a twitch in B's gastric!" She happily tells the did. cites making everyone turn to look confirming.

"It's small but it's there." Weber mumbles.

Derek looks up smiling. "Ladies and gentleman we gave 4 functioning legs." 

Everybody claps happily. Sloan kicks Eve foot making her do the same both looking at each other happily.

On Weber's count of three all surgeons grab the tables and pull the twins apart. Both Nein separated without complications.

"It'd be nice if every love triangle could be fixed with a scalpel." Derek's sigh happily.

"If so you'd have stabbed me with a 10-blade a long time ago." Mark jokes both men smirking at each other for a second.

...

Eve is changing in the locker room. Her friends still giving Cristina furious glares.

"I can't take this anymore" Meredith yells making all heads snap to her.

"What?" Izzie asks stupidly. 

"Let her off the hook. Let Cristina of the freaking hook." Meredith practically begs.

Cristina tries to stop her but Eve nods in agreement.

"You're both hypocrites. Izzie when you cut the wire Cristina was there every step of the way to help. Even when it came to having no surgeries she had your freaking back. And Alex? Who helped you when you failed your exam and needed to practice huh?" She flares at both of them.

"You have no right or reason to be like that." She finishes making both look down guiltily.

Meredith nods. "And George, when everyone was calling you 007-"

"She was calling me 007." George finishes for Meredith walking out of the locker room.

Eve grits her teeth in frustration.

"Just let her off the hook." Meredith turns to Izzie and Alex.

After a minute both nod.

"It's okay." "Sorry" they mumble still being glared at by Eve.

When they leave Cristina exhales.

"Why can't you two mind your own business? What's your problem?" She asks glaring at them.

Meredith sits down, Eve doing the same.

"You both are my sisters. You and Eve. You're my family. You're all I've got." Meredith explains sadly. Cristina finally lets her shoulders sag.

"I'm so tired." She mumbles and Eve moves to lean her head on the Korean's shoulder.

"It's okay. We're going to be okay." Eve mumbles closing her eyes for a moment.

...

Eve walks into the elevator seeing Mark already inside on his phone. She smiles at him standing next to the man.

He puts his phone away sighing.

"Good work today Lynn." He says nodding at her in approval.

The woman smiles in return. "Thank you. It was amazing really. All the nerves it was so detailed on the picture but in real life it's something else." 

He nods deep in thought. "I have a question how's you know where every nerve was exactly. How'd you remember?" He thinks back to the OR.

Whenever Mark was thinking about which nerve was the next one he should work on she was already pointing at it. As if she memorized the picture. 

"Urm actually my eidetic memory is pretty good. I can remember them for quite some time. Similar to photographic memory but not as good." She replies smiling proudly.

Mark chuckles. "What can't you do Lee? Instruments?" 

She chuckles. "Piano and violin. It's actually pretty good for studying. A study has shown that people who read the things they're supposed to remember in a certain tact had no troubles the next day answering questions about said things." She says amazed.

Sloan nods again smiling at her happy tone. Before he can ask another question the elevator comes to a halt. Addison steps in who just acknowledges mark with a nod and smiles warmly at Eve who returns it. 

"Hi dr. Montgomery." The women nods.

"Evelyn." 

The elevator is silent. When the doors open at Eve stops she turns over her shoulder smiling at both of her bosses whisking them a good night before walking away.

Addison glances at Mark at sees his eyes following the brunette again.

She sighs. "You can't sleep with her." She mumbles making him avert his attention to her.

"What do you mean?" He asks confused.

Addison pulls her glasses up. "Eve. You can't just sleep with her. You'll ruin her. She's sweet, smart and innocent." 

Addison lists of giving him a pointed look. "And Derek will kill you if you do. And her friends will hate you as well probably the entire hospital will. Don't do it." 

Mark makes a defensive face. "Who said I was going to hurt her? Who said I was going to just sleep with her?" He says not really thinking about what he's saying.

Addison tilts her head at that. "Do you...like her?" Addison asks shocked not believing it. But when he sees him lower his head avoiding her eyes her heart drops. Mark is acting like a teenager again when he had his first crush.

"You do like her!" Addison says more clearly making him snap his head up.

"I don't! Alright she's nice we're... friends or something that's it!" He grumbles before quickly walking out leaving an astonished Addison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.7K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
972K 31.7K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘳𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘡...
1.5K 48 7
γ…€γ…€βœ§ ⋆ ΰ£ͺ. οΎŸβ‚Š π’Žπ’†π’†π’• π’Žπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‘π’π’–π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’“π’‚π’Šπ’, π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’” π’Žπ’† 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’Šπ’…π’†π’˜π’‚π’π’Œ, π’•π’‚π’Œπ’† π’‚π’˜π’‚π’š 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‘π’‚π’Šπ’ when...
1.2M 29.4K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...