Surviving | grey's anatomy

By FiorraCavazza

"You know I used to love working here...good memories, seeing my friends who are my second family. And now? N... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Season 3
18
19
20
21
23
24
Preview
25.1
25.2
Author note
I'm back
You're gonna hate me
26
27
Thank you!

22

3.4K 116 10
By FiorraCavazza

Eve is sitting next to George who's looking through his father's chart. 

She hasn't left his side since last night and George couldn't be more appreciative of that. She even stayed the night in his room not wanting him to feel alone.

Suddenly Meredith barges into the locker room a bright smile on her face.

"Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever. And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore, well aside from Eve, cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. Hey Eve I might even takes your place as happiest intern. And that's  okay cause life is good. Life is good. What's going on?" She asks confused finally noticing that no one's really paying attention to her.

"George's dad was admitted last night." Izzie says having her hand on his shoulder.

Meredith's face falls. "Oh my god, Is he okay?" She asks coming closer to him.

George nods. "He's fine." He mumbles still reading through the chart.

"He passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle." Izzie informs.

"His clavicle is fine. Callie said... she said it's fine." He mumbles monotonously.

"Are those his AM labs?" Meredith asks tilting her head slightly.

"Complaining of severe abdominal pain." Alex says from his place leaning against the lockers.

"He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good." Cristinas ads. 

Eve and George actually quickly went through the chart yesterday. Just a quick check up before Bailey ushered them away. 

It didn't seem like something horrible... but who knows. Randomly passing out is never a great sign. 

Suddenly the door burst open with Bailey walking through.

"Has anybody seen..." she starts but stops seeing a George holding probably the thing she was looking for.

"Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?" She asks sarcastically holding her hand out for the chart.

George quickly nods handing her the chart.

"Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine." He mumbles repeatedly. 

"You're on SCUT today. You'll be distracted." Bailey orders ignoring his protests.

"No I won't..."

"Family members do not treat family members. SCUT." She says more clearly.

Cristina then gets up. "I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with dr. Burke this morning." Eve furrows her brows. That's the 3rd time in a row. Is Cristina working anywhere else? 

Bailey rolls her eyes. "Of course you are. Karev, Sloan. Grey, pit. Lee discharge. Stephens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation."

Alex sighs straightening his back. "I think she knows the rules Dr. Bailey." But she ignores him.

"No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients... or your superiors." She clears up.

...

Eve yawns while signing another discharge paper. It's a pretty quiet day. Not that she doesn't appreciate it. But is too calm. 

"Ah Lynn finally something that makes me smile about today." Mark Sloan grins walking up to the bored brunette who sighs in relief.

"Good Morning to you too dr. Sloan." She smiles but frowns looking behind him.

"Aren't Izzie and Alex supposed to be your interns for today?" She asks confused making him sigh.

"I asked them to get me a coffee and a sandwich an hour ago and they're still not here. Some reliable interns they are." He grumbles annoyed leaning forward taking a look at what Eve's writing.

Eve tilts her head at his reply. "Coffee ask Sandwich?" She asks confused but quickly smiles at him not wanting him to think that she's trying to scold him.

"I need my food. My nutrients." Is all he says while shrugging.

Slowly she nods easing her brow. "Right... that's what we're here for.." she sings teasingly. 

"Oh don't worry Lynn. If you're that desperate I'll teach your little boyfriend Karev something alright? You just have to ask nicely." Mark smirks leaning his right arm on the counter.

Eve frowns. "My boyfriend? Alex?" She asks confused her cheeks blushing lightly.

Mark shrugs raising a brow. 

Eve huffs "urm... he, he's not, we're not, he's just a friend. A good friend. We're close." She stutters wondering what would make Mark think she's dating Alex.

Mark makes a "aha" face nodding although not believing her.

"Yeah with the way he looks at you no chance." He mumbles making her furrow her brows.

"The way he looks at me... what do you mean?" Eve questions not really grasping what he's trying to say.

Mark looks at her disbelievingly. Did she really no know? He huffs smiling lightly before shaking his head.

"Don't worry about Lynn. I'm just tired cause I haven't had my coffee. I could think about something else to keep me up though." He mumbles the last part making Eve gasp because she still heard.

"Dr. Sloan. Did you know that this could count as sexual harassment." She asks seriously although smiling at his audacity.

He shrugs. "One I do know it but I also know you enjoy it. Two you're single. I'm not stepping into forbidden territory am I? Although it doesn't really matter that much to me anyway for a sweetheart like you." He smirks at her beat red face. 

Her mouth opens but nothing comes out. How can he so easily flirt with her. Does he not have any filter at all. And why is she enjoying it so much. It's fun. It makes her laugh. 

"I-I don't. Y-you shouldn't...." She pauses.

"I have to go." She finally says before quickly turning to walk away. 

Mark's eyes follow her. He can't help it. He loves making her flustered she looks so cute and innocent when she blushes at his flirtations. And when she stutters. He's feeling a thrill. He really likes talking to her. It's not forced. It's easy. It's fun and friendly.

From the side Mark doesn't notice Addison watching the entire encounter. The brunette doesn't like the way Mark's eyes are following the young girl literally every time she's in the room.

She will not let Mark play with that little ray of sunshine. No chance.

...

"I mean why bother to have a kid if you're only going to see it on weekends and holidays? Might as well just get a cat." Meredith grumbles angrily clearly upset with her patient.

"I talked to Burke, I think he's fine." George says making Eve and Meredith exchange a suspicious look both already having talked about how Cristina seemed to be scrubbing in a lot and studying a lot to be prepared. As if she wanted to be ready for every scenario.

"You did what?" Cristina asks shocked as if the offended her.

"What's wrong with Burke?" Meredith asks curiously.

"Nothings wrong with Burke." Cristina quickly declines before taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"You know he let her decannulate a heart this morning?" George sarcastically asks making Eve gasp loudly looking at Cristina excitedly.

"You decannulated a heart this morning? You lucky bitch." She slightly jumps happily although Cristina seems less happy.

"No not by myself." She mumbles making George lightly scoff.

Eve furrows her brows at their actions. Cristina's not a little excited about it. Definitely something's off. She glances at Meredith who nods lightly having taken notice as well.

"Yang decannulated a heart. Why is Alex not surprised?" Alex asks talking weirdly making Eve frown at him.

"Izzie isn't either. Last week she was digging through crap, this week she's fondling man boobs. No decannulating hearts for Izzie..." the blonde sighs eating another chip.

She sounds dumb Eve thinks. If there is one thing she hated when she was younger and now is when she saw adults talking like children. As a child she even hated children who talked in third person. It felt unnatural to her.

"Why are you lying about decannulating a heart." George pesters. 

Cristina sighs. "I didn't." 

"Izzie and Alex do not believe you." The blonde says smiling happily. Eve scrunches her nose at that.

"What are you two doing?" Meredith asks equally annoyed.

"Izzie and Alex have a patient who speaks about himself in third person." She explains. Alex nods smiling lightly.

"They thought it was annoying at first, but now they kind of like it." He shrugs.

"Referring to oneself in the third person is actually not uncommon for an unsub. Yes binds gave thoroughly detailed accounts of his murders, but he never actually admitted doing any of them, he'd just say, 'the killer'" Eve explains making all friends halt and look at her weirdly.

She looks back at all of them. "Really? You all have the audacity to look at me like I'm weird?" She asks sarcastically raising a brow.

"Well is this thing gonna stop soon?" Meredith turns to them not smiling. 

"Wow, what happened? This morning you were all bright and shiny, and asking to be kicked in the face." Cristina questions.

"I am. I'm bright. I'm shiny." Meredith straightens her back trying to smile at them happily.

"Yeah no... that's not happy." Eve says with arches brows.

"Izzie thinks this whole bright and shiny thing is getting kind of old." She giggles making 

Alex nod as well. "Alex agrees."

...

Eve is filling out another chart when she gets the page. 

"911 again?" She whispers worriedly before running.

She comes to a halt in front of George's dad's room with George waiting for her.

Wordlessly he hands the brunette the folder. 

She opens it with furrowed brows before reading over it.

"Oh no..." she shuts the folder looking at George with pained eyes who looks close to tears.

"Georgie." She whispers before pulling him into her arms.

"He's my dad Eve... how..."

"It's gonna be fine" she interrupts. "It's gonna be fine." She repeats as if it would make it more believable.

They don't know if it's gonna be fine. They don't.

...

Eve sees Cristina walking into the elevator. Quickly she runs after her Korean friend putting her hand between the closing door.

"Ouch..." she grumbles as she walks in rubbing her slightly hurting arm.

"Another sign that you should work out more sparkles." Cristinas says making Eve's head snap up to her.

"What's up with you?" Eve asks directly trying to get to the point.

Cristina shrugs trying to avert her eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking-"

"You're scrubbing into many surgeries. You get to do extraordinary things many surgical procedures we are only allowed to watch. And you do them. And you're not happy about it. You're not celebrating. You're just... there." Eve explains making Cristina lower her head, shoulders tense.

There is is again. She's so tense. Like this topic one thing could destroy everything.

"What's going on... you're not you. And I'm worried." Eve mumbles moving to grab Cristina's hand.

The Korean woman shakes her head. "Nothings wrong sparkles jus-"

"You can trust me. I don't want you to be hurting. Do you really think I wouldn't keep it to myself?" Eve asks feeling slightly disheartened at Cristina's distrust.

Cristina sighs looking at the brunette girl exhaustion in her eyes.

"That's the problem sparkles. I know you would keep it. You would keep it so well that it'll hurt you. And I can't do that to you." Cristina mumbles shocking Eve.

Her eyes widen mouth opening trying to say something. But Cristina just gives her a quick faint smile before leaving the elevator.

______

Pretty short chapter... but I feel like Eve can't be in on every major surgery and stuff so I gave her a calm day lol 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 5.7K 29
IN WHICH Courtney Grey starts her residency and has to be a mentor to four unknowing interns, while figuring out that a certain someone means more to...
297K 12.9K 63
Sasha Williams-Yang is a surgical intern at Seattle Grace. The night before her first day, her and her girlfriend, Meredith Grey, meet a guy in a bar...
700K 15.6K 45
IN WHICH two sisters try to get their lives back on track, while working as interns in the same hospital. With a rough childhood, an absent mother an...
24.9K 765 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...