Hiraeth ; Meteor Garden 2018

Por callistajuliette

【retelling of meteor garden 2018!】 .... ❝Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.❞ (I don't own M... Más

Prologue
Official Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Life update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Life Update #2
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Hi!

Chapter 51

1K 42 3
Por callistajuliette

Shuijing

I was able to convince Auntie to let Shancai talk to Ah Si. I was waiting near the staircase, wanting to give the two space and privacy. I was waiting near the staircase when Lei suddenly called.

"Hello? Lei."

"Shui, how's it going?" He asked and I sighed.

"Auntie allowed me to let Shancai talk to Ah Si. I left them upstairs. I don't know what's gonna happen when Shancai comes down." I explained.

"Don't lose hope. I'm sure Shancai can convince Ah Si."

"I hope so Lei. Anyways, did you find Meizuo?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes. Ximen found him at home crying by himself and looking at your pictures." My heart broke for the second time that day but I held in my tears because I knew Auntie was watching me.

"Shui, are you sure about this? Shancai can still convince Ah Si and you don't have to marry him."

"I don't want you guys to suffer because of Auntie. If she can't get through to Ah Si, she'll use me and I know she'll use you guys against me."

"Even your adoptive parents Shui? You're putting the love of your life on the line for them too?"

"Yes Lei. I am. I love them all the same regardless of what happened. If Meizuo really loves me, he'll understand."

"What if he can't?"

"Then that just proves that the love that he has for me isn't strong enough. True love is selfless Lei. It is always ready to make sacrifices in order to put other's happiness before my own. I can't see any of you guys suffer under Auntie's wrath. If I have to give up Meizuo to protect you guys then so be it."

I didn't even notice that I was crying when I hung up the phone. My heart ached for Meizuo but I had to be strong.

Shancai came down a few moments later, weakly and silently walking over to me. Auntie asked her if Ah Si listened to her and if he was going to stop acting like a child, Shancai shook her head.

"If that's the case, you can go now." She told Shancai and Shancai walked away. I looked at Auntie before chasing after Shancai.

"Shancai." I called after the younger girl who stopped in her tracks and looked at me.

"I'm sorry about that." I apologized and she gave me a weak smile.

"Shui, I don't feel bad. I'm actually glad because I've never been so sure about what I want. I'm sorry. I couldn't convince him because I understand what he's doing. Maybe you don't understand but I do. So I'll stand by him. If he doesn't eat, I won't eat too. If he doesn't come out, I'll keep waiting for him." Shancai said before walking away but I grabbed her arm.

"Shancai! Don't be silly like Ah Si." I warned her, silently begging her not to do this.

"Shuijing, you know how I am." She reassured me and I grew even more worried.

"Don't think that I'll pity you if you do that. "Auntie sneered.

"Mrs. Daoming. I'm not the one who needs sympathy. It's you." Shancai told her before she walked away and stood in front of the mansion, the rain heavily pouring down on her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 hours had passed and Shancai was still standing there. Auntie Jade and I tried to convince her to rest and at least come with me to my house but she didn't budge so I called Lei and told him to get some food into her system.

I went home and as soon as my foot touched the threshold, a dam burst. I couldn't keep it in anymore.

"Soojung? Soojung! What happened?" I heard Sooyeon say as she rushed over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Unnie, I-I lost him.." I cried out, hugging my sister tightly. She rubbed my back, hushing me to stop crying.

"Meimei?"

I stopped sobbing and looked up to see Jing jie. She had shorter hair and looked different compared to the last time I saw her. I didn't expect to see my adoptive parents either.

Jing jie and Sooyeon unnie helped me up as my parents walked in.

"Soojung, sweetheart, I think it's time we all talked." Mom, said leading me to the sofa.

Sooyeon unnie asked Jing jie to stay with me while she made me some hot chocolate.

"Jie, what's going on?" I whispered, still hugging her. She caressed my hair and hugged me back.

"You'll see Meimei. But now, you need something to warm up." She said, giving a smile to Sooyeon unnie as she handed me a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows. I thanked her before slowly sipping the drink.

"Soojung, we heard from Lei about your situation." Mom said and my eyes widened.

"I was planning on telling you-"

"Shuijing." I stopped at the voice of my adoptive father. I turned to look at him and my adoptive mother.

"Shuijing, you shouldn't have agreed to the proposal." He told me.

"Shui, we know how much you love Meizuo. Why would you give him up? You've always fought for what you love." Ma asked, holding my hand as I reeled in my tears.

"Au-auntie Daoming threatened to h-hurt you guys. I couldn't let that happen. S-she told me that the Tengtang Group was suffering because of the scandal. She told me she would buy you guys out." I sobbed and I was taken aback when my 'dad' pulled me into a hug.

"Oh my darling Shui, you shouldn't have given up Meizuo for us. We owe you so much. We're at fault." He sobbed as I hugged him tighter.

"Shui, cancel your engagement with Ah Si. Don't let Meizuo go." Jing jie said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"B-but what if Auntie hurts you guys? I couldn't bear to think endangering any of you." I sobbed, trailing my eyes at all my family members.

"She won't Soojung. Mom, dad? I think it's time to put the past behind us." Sooyeon unnie stated and Jing jie nodded. Both my parents nodded and shook hands with one another.

"I believe an apology is long overdue. I know it will take a long time for you to forgive us but we are willing to do anything to make up for it. " Pa said and my dad nodded.

"Then help us with the engagement. We have to find a way to break it off without hurting anyone." Dad said and my parents nodded.

My phone suddenly beeped and I saw that it was a scheduled email from Ah Si. I grew confused but as soon as I opened it, I knew what to do.

I quickly texted Lei and told him to meet me at my old house.

"I think Ah Si just handed me the answer." I said, showing them all the email. I frowned after a few seconds.

"What is it Soojung?" Sooyeon unnie asked and I frowned.

"I may be able to foil Auntie's plan but I still have to deal with Meizuo being mad at me." I confessed and she frowned before hugging me.

"Don't say that Jungie, that boy is crazy in love with you. I'm sure he'll understand once he finds out Ah Si's plan. He'll forgive you." She reassured me.

"I think it's too late for that. I've hurt him too much." I said, looking down at my hands when Jing jie grabbed them.

"If he really loves you, he'd give you a chance to explain yourself. He knows you well enough to understand you'd never do things without a reason." She reassured me and I nodded my head before turning to Sooyeon unnie.

"Unnie, I need your help designing a wedding dress."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I met up with Lei and showed him the project Ah Si was working on. To say that it was really good was an understatement. It was groundbreaking. It was entitled "Embrace Your Dreams". The project basically entails that Ah Si along with all of us would be running our own businesses with the help of other young people. Ah Si had also talked with some investors so that both Ximen and Meizuo's business and Shancai's Eight Treasure Spicy noodles would be distributed across the world. And when those businesses take off, we would accept trainees and apprentices to help out such as students who are looking for extra income or permanent jobs through Ah Si's project.

Lei immediately set to work, informing both Ximen and Meizuo. Lei asked me to come and see the progress but I declined and asked him to keep my knowledge of Ah Si's project from Meizuo.

"Why would you keep this from him Shui?" Lei asked and I looked at him.

"It's better that he doesn't know that I know. I don't want to cause any trouble that could stop him from doing the project. So please keep this a secret from him okay Leilei?" I asked and he nodded before leaving.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was finishing up some cinches on the wedding dress in the drawing-room when I heard the doorbell of my house ringing nonstop. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 10 pm. Who was at the door?

I grabbed a baseball bat, carefully walking towards the living room. I speedily sprinted to the door and looked through the peephole.

Meizuo. And behind him was Lei and Ximen.

What were they doing here? I opened the door and gave the 3 of them a questioning look.

"Uh, what are you guys doing here?" I said, moving aside to let them in. I heard Meizuo scoff as he peeked at the dress behind the doors of the drawing room.

"We just wanted to let you know that we're actually helping Ah Si and Shancai unlike you who is clearly in a rush to get this wedding over with." Meizuo spat with distain. I ignored the pain I felt in my heart and kept a brave face.

"What I do with my life is none of your business Feng Meizuo. Have you forgotten that it was you who broke up with me?" I spat back, not letting him see my tears. He flinched before walking closer.

"I never broke up with you." He sneered and I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh really? Were the words 'I wish I never fell in love with you' not enough to serve as a breakup?" I asked and he just glared at me.

"Fine. We've been broken up. I guess it's for the best, considering my discovery." He said with a smirk and I glared at him.

"What discovery?" I asked and he still smirked.

"Your not so hidden feelings for Ah Si. I always knew there was something more to you and Ah Si's closeness. I'd just never thought you'd betray Shancai and use your so-called family as an excuse to be with Ah Si. You are devious Shuijing. I guess the girl I knew growing up is nothing but a manipulative two-faced snake." Meizuo spat.

"Meizuo!" Lei and Ximen yelled but my ears grew deaf as my hand slapped Meizuo across the cheek. I didn't even realize that my tears were falling.

"I never want to see you again. Goodbye, Meizuo." I said before running upstairs, slamming my bedroom door and cried my eyes out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lei

I looked to where Shuijing ran off to before glaring at Meizuo. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him outside, Ximen following close behind us.

Meizuo glared at me as I punched him. He looked at me in shock, wiping the blood off his lips.

"What the hell Lei?" He yelled and I threw another punch. Ximen pulled me back to stop me from throwing more punches.

"You idiot! How could you say that to Shui? You accused her of being in love with Ah Si when you know for a fact that she's only had eyes for you since we were little. She was your best friend Meizuo! Not to mention the woman you are in love with!" I yelled.

"I don't love her anymore! I hate her! I don't care. I'm Feng Meizuo. I can get any girl I want, and I can fall in love again!" He yelled back.

"Bullshit! Don't give me that Meizuo! You love Shuijing and you'll never love another woman as much as you love her!" I yelled and he went silent.

"You're pathetic. If you insist on being a jerk towards her, then keep your distance from me Meizuo. Shuijing is like a little sister to me and if you keep being like this, I think she's better off with Jongin than with you.

I said before walking away and leaving Meizuo and Ximen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shuijing

I drove to the Daoming mansion, Ah Si's business proposal in hand. The boys had already arrived. Meizuo looked at me guiltily. He tried to approach me but I cut him off and handed Lei a flash drive with the complete report of all the data (from the boys and help from Xiaozi, Li Zhen, Qinghe, and Xiaoyou) from Ah Si's project.

I saw Meizuo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Lei. The data you sent me is all in there. I also typed up Ah Si's proposal. The flash drive also has a video he wants Zhuang jie and Auntie to see." I explained and Lei nodded.

"Wait Shui, you know about-" Meizuo started but I headed inside, refusing to look at him. I walked faster, the boys following close behind me.

We all headed for the living room where Zhuang jie and Auntie were.

"Shuijing?" Auntie asked. I took a deep breath and looked at her.

"I've talked to my parents." I said and she looked scared.

"Both of my parents, Mom, Dad and Ma and Pa. I'll never, ever marry Daoming Si. Because I really want Shancai to be with Ah Si. Auntie, give up already." I revealed.

"Is this your decision?" She asked, taking a deep breath.

"It's my decision. And it's my family's decision too. I've explained the situation to them and about the Tengtang group going bankrupt, I already bought back 80% of the shares they lost. The Tengtang group will not fall because the Jung empire has also named them as very profitable investors. My parents are looking forward to doing business with them." I explained proudly.

"Auntie, apart from being here with Shuijing, we have something very important you and Zhuang jie should look at." Lei said, walking closer and standing beside me. He held up the clear folder I handed him containing the business proposal and the flash drive from Ah Si.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I headed outside with Auntie Jade, umbrellas on hand, and ran to where Shancai was standing.

"Shancai, it's over now." I told the pale girl, slightly shaking her shoulder.

"Shancai, Mrs. Daoming gave in. She won't try to separate you and Ah Si anymore." Auntie Jade added and Shancai looked at me for confirmation. I nodded my head vigorously and led her inside.

"I can go by myself Shui. I need to see him." She told me as I worried about her state. She nor Ah Si had eaten, drank or slept in days. She looked like she could faint any second now.

"All right." I said giving her a hug.

"Thank you for everything Shuijing, You're a true friend." She said, giving me a weak smile. I nodded before nudging her up the stairs to Ah Si's room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Thank God!" I exclaimed as I rested my head on the couch in the restaurant. I still kept my distance from Meizuo who was using every chance to stay close to me and talk. Lei of course, didn't let him do that. I sat in between Xiaozi and Lei. Ximen sat beside Xiaoyou and on the other side were Li Zhen and Qinghe. Meizuo was seated on Lei's opposite side.

"Here's to Ah Si and Shancai! Cheers!" Ximen said as he raised his glass of juice. We all clinked our glasses and cheered for the reunited couple.

"Hey Shuijing, how's Shancai's dress coming along? How did you even get her measurements without her knowing?" Xiaozi asked and I smiled.

"My sister has a degree in fashion. She took one look at Shancai's picture and got all her measurements." I bragged and Xiaozi laughed in glee.

"I can't wait to see it! I love weddings!" Xiaoyou squealed, leaning on Ximen's shoulder as he kissed her forehead. I frowned as I felt Meizuo's eyes on me but I ignored it.

"Is the gown done Shui?" Lei asked as I began eating my pasta. I nodded, wiping the sauce off my lips.

"Yeah. Sooyeon unnie and I will take care of it." I said before pointing my fork at Ximen.

"Yan Ximen." I warned and he looked at me warily.

"Not one bruise on Shancai okay? Tell Ah Si's bodyguards to take it easy." I told him and he nodded.

"Shuijing." Li Zhen called my attention and I hummed in response.

"I was wondering if I could help out with Xiaoyou's make up? She is the maid of honor and I really want to help out Shancai." She asked and I nodded.

"Of course. Just meet me at my house early. We're gonna do their makeup at the hotel." I said and she nodded and smiled before eating her food.

The wedding was gonna take place in a week to give Ah Si and Shancai enough time to rest and spend time together. Lei was leaving for London after the wedding so it was perfect that we were all there for their special day.

As much as I wanted to strangle Ximen for making such an elaborate plan of tricking Shancai and kidnapping her, I couldn't help but agree. Besides, Zhuang jie really wanted to see how true Shancai's love for Ah Si was.

I wished I could find that out too.

I slowly turned my head in Meizuo's direction who was silently picking at his food. I frowned and thought maybe this was the time to talk to him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We all finished dinner and I was about to get in my car when I saw Meizuo walking towards me.

"Can we talk?" He asked and I nodded.

"I've been meaning to talk to you Zuo." I said as I leaned against my car. Meizuo did the same as he stood beside me.

"About what I said, I'm so-" He started, looking at me with a guilty expression.

"Don't worry Zuo. I understand why you said the things you said. I hurt you Zuo. And I'm so sorry for that." I told him and he shook his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Shui. I was being selfish and only thought of our relationship when I should've thought of the consequences if you didn't agree with Auntie. I called you names and insulted you. Shui.. I-I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean it when I said I wished –" He sobbed and I cupped his face, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Please stop crying Zuo..I understand okay." I said, leaning my forehead against him as he pulled me close.

"So do you forgive me? Can we be together again?" He asked and I weakly smiled before letting him go.

"I do forgive you Zuo but.. I think it's better if we just be friends for now. I'm still hurt Zuo..I hope you can understand." I told him with tears in my eyes. His eyes were full of regret as he grabbed both my hands.

"I'm okay with anything Shui. Just don't disappear from my life okay?" He pleaded, bringing my hand to his cheek, holding it tightly. I nodded vigorously as he pulled me into a hug.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please don't forget to comment and vote!

1 more chapter to go before the epilogue. Are you ready?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

32.3K 730 15
On a trip to Paris, a young Chinese girl named Y/n meets a boy named Huaze Lei who was with his girlfriend Jing. Its love at first sight, but then he...
210K 3.7K 40
inspired by meteor garden,, 流星花园
115K 3.9K 35
𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 (𝗇) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶; 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡. daoming...
62.9K 2.2K 31
Impromptu stories based on given prompts inspired by Meteor Garden 2018. Thanks for letting me play!