In My Heart

By vel555

He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and mon... More

⚠IMPORTANT⚠
⚠Alert ⚠
Prologue
❤characters❤
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Story

Chapter 38

20.1K 692 170
By vel555

Khushi's POV

After coming from the office, I freshened up and sat to read a novel. I like to read romantic novels. Today Jenny went early, saying she has some work at home.

When I was reading my novel, someone rang the doorbell.
Shourya?? But he has the keys, then why is he ringing the bell?

I went downstairs to see. I opened the door and I was shocked to see the scene in front of me.

Shourya was so drunk that he was not able to stand on his own feet. Our driver, David, was holding him.

"Khushi, sir is drunk," David said.

"Yes, I can see that," I said. "David, let's take him to his room. Wait, let me help you."
We both took him to his room and placed him on his bed.

"Khushi, now I am taking my leave. If you need any help, then please call me," He said.

I nodded. "Thank you, David."

"My pleasure," he said and left from there.

Who drinks so much that he is not able to stand on his own feet?

I sighed and started removing his shoes.

Should I remove his blazer also?

He would feel uncomfortable if he sleeps with it. So, I started removing his blazer and tie.

When I was removing his tie, my hand touched his forehead.

He was burning with fever.

I searched for a thermometer.

Oh god, where is the thermometer?

I ran to my room and took a thermometer and tablets and came to his room.

He was shivering.. AC was on.

Stupid, Khushi.

I turned off the AC and put the thermometer in his mouth.

Oh my god, he has a high fever.

What should I do now? My mind was blank in fear.

Suddenly, I remembered whenever me or Divya were having fever, mom used to put a wet cloth on our forehead and also used to wipe our bodies with a wet towel.

I immediately ran to the kitchen and took a bowl and poured some water in it and went to Shourya's room.
I took a cloth and put that in the bowl and squeezed a little and kept it on his head.

God, Please decrease his fever.

"Shourya," I called him softly trying to wake him up so that he could take a tablet, but he was not opening his eyes.

I began to panic.

"Shourya, please wake up," I tried again..

"Hmm," he hummed and moved slightly.

"Shourya, you have a fever. Please wake up and take this medicine," I said, softly.

He slowly opened his eyes. He was looking at me with his half opened eyes.

I forwarded a tablet and a glass of water for him. He was trying to sit, but he was not able to sit. So, I kept the glass and the tablet on the table and helped him to sit. He was looking pale and helpless.

I handed him the tablet which he took without any tantrums and drank water. I kept that glass on the table and helped him to lie down on the bed, and covered him with the blanket.

'God, please decrease his fever' I was constantly praying in my mind.

After half an hour, I checked his fever again, but instead of decreasing, it increased.

God, why are these tablets not working?

What should I do now?

What if something happens to him?

All these questions started coming to my mind, and my palms started becoming sweaty with fear.

No, no nothing will happen to him.

I started feeling worried. I checked the time. It was 12:30 am.

I thought to wipe his body with a wet towel.

I slowly started to unbutton his shirt with my trembling fingers. My heart was pounding harder.

I slowly removed his shirt. Now he was only in his pants. I took a wet towel and started wiping his upper body.
His eyes were closed.

After some time I again checked his temperature but it was still the same.

What should I do now?

I took my mobile and dialed David's number with my trembling hands, but he was not picking up the phone. He must be sleeping.

It was almost 1:30am and I didn't have a doctor's number either.

God..please help.

Tears started flowing down from my eyes. Suddenly I remember Rahul.
I dialled his number. He picked up the call in four rings.

"Hello," he was sounding sleepy.

"Hello, Rahul...it's me, Khu-khushi" my voice cracked.

"Hey, Khushi, what happened?" He asked with worried tone.

"Rahul, Shourya is not well. He- he is having a high fev-fever.....his fever is not decreasing, I don't have doc-doctors number also...please Rahul, do some-something..he was drunk too..please do something, Rahul," I cried.

"Hey, hey, Khushi..please, first stop crying.. nothing will happen to him..I coming there with a doctor...ok?"

"Hmm," I cut the call and tried to calm myself.

I think I should put him a t-shirt on.

I went and took out one t-shirt from his cupboard.
"Shourya..please get up and put this t-shirt,"

He slowly opened his eyes. I helped him to put on his t-shirt. I was so busy putting on his t-shirt that I didn't notice that his face was on the nape of my neck. His hot breath on my neck made my heart beat wildly.

The doorbell rang and I helped him to lie down. "I am coming, it must be Rahul and the doctor," I told him, but he didn't make any movement. He was just looking at me with his half opened eyes.

I ran downstairs and opened the door.
"Khushi, where is Shourya?" Rahul asked me, and there was a doctor beside him.

"In his room," I said. He and the doctor started going upstairs. I also went behind them. When we came to the room, he was already asleep.

The doctor checked him and gave him an injection.
"Don't worry, Mrs. Kapoor. He will be fine," the doctor said.

Hearing this 'Mrs. Kapoor' a chill ran down my spine.

"He needs to take proper rest and..no stress. Here are some medicines, give him those on time," he handed me those medicines.

"Thank you so much, doctor," I thanked him.

"Your welcome," he said, smiling at me and took his bag.

I went near Rahul and said, "thank you Rahul, and also sorry for disturbing your sleep. if you were not there, then I don't know what I would have done."

I was feeling guilty for calling him at these hours, but I didn't have any other option.

"Hey, Khushi, don't thank me.. and also don't worry. He will be fine," he said by patting my cheeks.

"Ok ...I am going. I also have to drop the doctor," he said taking out the keys from his pocket.

I nodded. "Bye"

After they went I closed the main door and came to Shourya's room to check on him.

He was asleep, so I thought to go to my room and sleep, but what if he needed something in the middle of the night? What if his fever increases again?. So, I thought I stay here in his room.

I don't know why I am doing all this?

Why was I worried for him?

Why was I crying for him?

I sat beside him and leaned my head against the headboard and looked at his face. His silky black hair was messed up. Even in the sleeping state he is looking handsome. Those thick eyebrows and those big eyelashes make him more handsome. That's why every girl dies for his look.

'But, only I know what devil is hiding behind this handsome face'

Writer's POV

It's morning. Shourya opened his eyes slowly and was trying to get up, but he was not able to because someone's head was on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder, Khushi was sleeping peacefully on his shoulder, he furrowed his brows in confusion looking at her beside him. But didn't know why, seeing her beside him brought a small smile to his face.

He looked over the face of sleeping beauty which was sleeping on his shoulder. Some of stupid strand of her hair was hiding her beautiful face.

Being irritated, he tugged those stupid strands behind her ears without disturbing her sleep. Smile was not leaving his face. Seeing her sleeping beside him, some mixed emotions started bubbling inside him. He felt like stopping the time and staying like that looking at her.

He felt something on his forehead, so he touched his forehead and removed the cloth which was still a little wet. He furrowed his brows looking at the wet cloth, but the blurry vision in which 'He was drunk and Khushi was telling him he had a fever and giving him medicine' came to his mind.

He then returned his gaze towards Khushi. Now he saw under her beautiful eyes there were dark circles.

What is this girl? Why is she doing this?

He notices Khushi moving a little. He quickly closed his eyes to pretend as if he was sleeping to know what she would do after she opens her eyes.

Khushi opened her eyes slowly. She tried to move, but she felt that she was sleeping on something or someone?

She looked aside and gasped when she saw Shourya's face which was just a few inches away from her.

"Oh god, I don't know when sleep came over me....and why I am sleeping on his shoulder when I was sitting here. Khushi, get up before this devil wakes up," she was slowly mumbling alone.

Devil? So, I am devil for her.

Shourya was listening to everything and enjoying himself.

Khushi slowly tried to get up without disturbing him. She slowly put her small hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

'Thank god, his temperature is normal' she mumbled and was turning to go. Don't know what overcome on Shourya he opened his eyes holding her hand and pulled her back, which made her fall on his chest. She gasped and shut her eyes tightly fearing she would get hurt. He held her waist.

She slowly opened her eyes.Shourya was looking at her with different emotions. For a few seconds their eyes interlocked with each other. It was like time stopped there itself. This closeness made the butterflies dance in Khushi's stomach, and Shourya's heart was pounding rapidly across his chest as if it was dancing on its own beats. He was memerising the beauty of the girl he was holding.

She is very beautiful.

This beautiful moment broke when Khushi started showing fear in her eyes. For some reason he didn't like that emotion in her eyes, though he always wanted to see fear in her eyes for him, but today there was something different which he himself didn't understand why...

What if he shouted at me for coming to his room? What if he started shouting at me for sleeping on his shoulder?

Khushi quickly got up and Shourya came back to his senses.
"I am bringing you your coffee" she said and left his room without giving him another glance.

Shourya started cursing himself.
What is happening to me? Why does my heart always start beating wildly whenever I go close to her?
Not understanding how to answer all these questions, he shrugged and went to the bathroom.

After doing his morning routine, he came out of the bathroom and went to his closet to take out his office wear. When he was about to take out his clothes, his phone started ringing.

He looked at the ID it was 'Rahul'. He swiped up to receive his call.
"Hello,"

"Hey, buddy, how are you now? You scared us yesterday."

Shourya sighed. "I am fine, Rahul."

"Do you know? Khushi was so worried about you that she started crying. You scared that poor girl too, Shourya," Rahul said.

What? She was crying for me? Why was she worried about me?

"She was worried?" He asked Rahul with more of a whisper doubting whether he heard it correctly or not.

"Oh come on, Shourya, I don't think you don't know anything. She was so worried about you that I don't think she left your side even for one second," Rahul said on the other side, rolling his eyes.

Yes, I don't think she left my side....even her eye bags under her eyes tells the same story.

Is she really cares for me? But why?

Rahul was feeling happy for his friend, at least god has given him such a wonderful and caring wife, but he was also sad because his best friend doesn't know the importance of that wonderful girl.

"Ok, bye, meet you in office," Shourya said.

"Hey, hey, my workaholic friend. The doctor said, you should take a rest. So, today don't come to the office. I will handle everything,"

"I don't need any rest now. I perfectly fine...bye see you later," he said and cut the call before Rahul says something else.

He wore his light blue shirt, black blazer and black pant. He was combing his hair when Khushi knocked at his door.

"Come in," He looked at Khushi and ignored her and started putting his watch on.

Khushi kept his coffee on the table.
"Where do you think you are going?" She asked him raising her eyebrows and holding her hands.

"Where will I go? Obviously, office," he said, rolling his eyes.

"The Doctor said you should take proper rest and not to stress yourself," she said looking at him.

"I am fine now. I don't need rest," he said and started going from there. But before he left the room, Khushi blocked his way coming in front of him, stretching her hands.

"Khushi, stay aside..let me go," he said, being irritated.

"No, I will not. You should take a rest today. Yesterday you had a high fever."

"Khushi, stay aside! Don't make me angry now!" he said, gritting his teeth.

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"Now stay aside," he said.

"Shourya, you had a fever yesterday. The doctor said you should take rest. At least only for today, take a rest. Tomorrow you can go. I will not stop you from going," she tried to make him understand.

"And who are you to stop me?" He asked her rudely, which made Khushi taken aback. Her chest tightened at his words. Looking at her face, Shourya started cursing himself in his mind for saying that.

"I know, I am no one to stop you, but I am telling you this for your good," she said and started leaving his room but stopped.

"I have kept your coffee on the table," she said pointing at the coffee mug and left from there. Disappointment was written across her face.

Though he didn't want to listen to Khushi but her words made something to his heart.

He sighed, changed his clothes and started having his coffee.

Khushi also didn't go to the office. She stayed to take care of him though she knew that he didn't like her presence and she also shouldn't care about him, but still her good heart didn't allow her to leave him in this state.

She came to the kitchen and asked Jenny to prepare soup for Shourya, and she started preparing for lunch.

Jenny took the soup and entered Shourya's room who was working on a laptop. "Sir, Khushi sent this soup. Please have this," she said keeping the bowl of soup on the table.

"Jenny, take it back. I don't want it."

"But sir-"

"Do as I say, Jenny," he said in a stern tone. He didn't want to have that soup....he is not a hospital patient to have this soup.
Jenny took that soup and went.

"Jenny, why did you bring that back?" Khushi asked looking at the untouched soup.

"He said, he don't want to have it," Jenny said keeping that soup on the kitchen counter.

Khushi took that bowl of soup and went to Shourya's room.

She knocked his door, but he so busy on typing something on laptop that he don't even know when she came inside.

Khushi came and closed his laptop.
"What the hell?" He shouted which made her flinch. "Are you mad?" He asked gritting his teeth.

"Here, have this and take your medicines, " she said forwarding bowl of soup to him.

"I don't want that. I am not a hospital patient to have that," he said rolling his eyes and again opening his laptop.

She again closed his laptop and took that from his hands. "Khushi, give my laptop back," he said, glaring at Khushi.

"No, first have this soup!"

"No, I will not have that!"

"Shourya, please....soup is good for health and you also have to take your medicines," she said softly with a pleading tone as if she was telling this to five year kid, which melted Shourya's heart.

"Why are you pleading me to have this tasteless soup? Did you add poison in it to kill me?" He asked with a teasing tone.

"Don't worry, I am not interested to waste my precious time in killing you," she said, rolling her eyes which made Shourya smile. Looking at his cute smile, Khushi's heart fluttered.

Shourya finished his soup by making faces like a five year kid. She never saw this side of Shourya nor Shourya saw this caring and also little stubborn side of Khushi or may he didn't want to see even one good thing of Khushi?

"Here, take these tablets," Khushi said forwarding the tablets which were given by a doctor.

He took those tablets without any tantrums and Khushi took the empty bowl of soup and left his room leaving him in his thoughts.

'Why does she cares for me? What good have I done to her to gain so much attention from her?'

guys, how was the chapter? Was it interesting or boring?

How's the little moment of our Shourya and Khushi?

Do Shourya deserve the care of khushi?

I hope y'all liked the chapter

If you liked the chapter then please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

God bless you and protect you all

Vel💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 72.5K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
234K 8.7K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...
11.8K 572 38
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
980K 47K 51
#1 book in Raghuvanshi's series ❝I never thought I would say this Ryan but I think loving you is the biggest mistake I did after marrying you❞ Disha...