Reminder | Bucky Barnes x Rea...

By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

'You are just a reminder of everything you did to me! I hate you!' He wanted to put everything in the past an... More

Author's Note
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
Epilogue

e i g h t

20.8K 600 829
By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

"We should have a girls' night," Natasha said.

I turned to face her. We were currently watching Lucifer, a tv show that Nat absolutely adored.

"Like you, me, and Wanda?" I asked.

Natasha nodded.

"Sounds fun," I said. "What would we do?"

"Watch movies, eat food, talk about guys and girls... all that fun stuff," she said.

I was about to say something when Clint walked in the room.

"Who's making dinner tonight?" he asked.

"That would be me," I said, checking the time. "I should probably get started."

"What are you making?" Clint asked.

"Chicken curry," I said. "I'll get it right this time."

"I can't believe you burnt rice," Clint said.

I threw a pillow at him. I hadn't had much time to learn how to cook, due to my ten years at Hydra. Clint knew this, but he tried to make light of it. He laughed and I walked to the kitchen. I carefully took off my gloves and placed them on the counter. I took off my jacket and tied up my hair.

Whenever I cooked, most people avoided the kitchen, because I couldn't wear my gloves or long sleeves. The team had taught me kitchen safety, and sometimes helped me, but I was determined to get this one right by myself.

"What are we having?" Tony asked once I'd put the rice on.

"Chicken curry," I said.

"Gonna get it right this time?" he asked.

I nodded, stirring the sauce in the pot. I turned around and knocked a spoon off the bench.

"I'll get it," Tony said, but I was already reaching for it.

My hand wrapped around the spoon as Tony's fingers touched mine.

"You gotta let go! I'll catch you, I promise!"

Pepper was hanging from a machine. The machine jerked and she fell down, her hand missing Tony's by millimetres. She fell down towards a pit of fire. Tony felt despair, and horror that he'd missed her. He was that close –

I was breathing heavily when I returned to the present. Tony and I were both on the floor. He was looking at me with pain in his eyes.

"I – I'm so sorry –"

"Don't apologise," Tony said comfortingly. "You can't control it."

My lips thinned. I should be able to control it.

I finished making dinner and put my gloves and jacket on securely. I set the table and called everyone for dinner. I sat next to Sam and Wanda. To my dismay, Bucky sat opposite me, with Steve sitting next to him.

I had been tempted to not make him a serving, but Steve would have given me a verbal beating.

"Dude, I decimated you in training today!" Sam said to Bucky.

I smirked into my plate.

"Think that's funny, l/n?"

I looked up to see Bucky giving me a dirty look. The chatter around the table died down.

"Yeah, I do, actually," I sneered. "You were supposed to be the best of the best, weren't you? You have super soldier serum, but you can't even take down a normal human."

"Y/n," Sam murmured.

"At least I can cook a decent meal," Bucky retorted.

"At least I have two arms," I shot back.

"At least I can control myself," Bucky snarled.

"Really? You're one to talk," I growled.

Bucky glared at me with such hatred in his eyes. I knew the hatred reflected in my own.

"Y/n! Stop!"

I turned around, about to yell at Steve for picking Bucky's side, when I realised that all of the knives on the table were suspended in mid-air and pointed at Bucky. Bucky looked around at them, as if only just realising it, too.

"No control, as I said," Bucky taunted.

I smacked my hands down on the table. All of the knives fell to their original resting spots and I stood up.

"I hope you get food poisoning," I snarled at Bucky before storming off.

I locked myself in my room.

I hated Bucky. I hated him so much. I hated that he could get to me so easily. I punched at my pillow, imagining his face.

Maybe I'd get to pummel him in training one day. Maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 2.2K 63
All of your favorite avengers! fem reader x male avenger. ALL OF THESE STORIES ARE MADE BY ME! DO NOT COPY OR STEAL MY STORIES WITHOUT GIVING ME CRED...
73.5K 1.1K 58
Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for death. I met evil when I was only a chi...
174K 5.1K 49
Yes, this is another soulmate story. Yes, you've probably seen quite a few of these. Yes, this is not an original idea at all. Yes, you can deal with...
297K 7.2K 33
You love Steve! You really do, that's why you get to call him your boyfriend. But what if Bucky likes you? What if he gets a little aggressive? No. P...