Even The Playing Field | BOOK...

By thinkingofthoughts

**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to th... More

INFORMATION!
welcome & characters & tunes
one
Two
Three
four
five
six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
Epilogue
bonus chapter
bonus chapter number 2
bonus chapter number 3

Announcement

113K 1K 157
By thinkingofthoughts

Hey Besties!

How are we?

BOOK NUMBER TWO: BLAKE AND SLOANE COMES OUT ON JUNE 2, 2021!

Surprised?

Here is a little preview to the new book! Can't wait to see you all there!

Damage Control.

A noun.

Actions taken to minimize damage to a reputation, credibility, or public image caused by a controversial act(s).

Thirteen letters to make up two words.
Thirteen letters to make up two words that could fix someone.
Thirteen letters to make up two words that could ruin someone.

There was no other way to explain my life except damage control. There wasn't a part of me that wasn't getting exploited at the moment.

We needed a distraction.

She was the distraction–she just didn't know.

"Phillips and Day, the Republican nominees, are way ahead in the polls in more ways than one! Philips and Day have an astonishing amount of evidence against them when it comes to sexual misconduct, racism, and stupidity. There are currently in favor of the American people by 15% while Jon Russel, the Democratic nominee is being dragged in the dust!" The news reporter spoke as I sipped on my beer.

"I'm not one to get too political, but I don't think people should be calling Russell the underdog at this moment. It is the end of August. We have until November 4th people! Get out and vote, get those voter registrations in! Anyone but Phillips and Day!" The video cut to a protest outside of the Capitol building.

I chewed on my lip and turned the channel off.

Blah, blah, blah.

Fucking media always coming up with the damndest things to say.

It's very easy to sway an opinion on someone. The media controls people, installs fear into people. The media essentially ruins people.

People like my family and me.

My mother, Eleanor, is a legal United States citizen born and raised in Paris, France by bakery people. I never knew my mom's family because dad didn't want me hanging around people who lived like rats and had rats.

I was an only child.

My father grew up in Michigan, went and played football for Penn State. There, he met my mother. A young french girl, working on a student visa–in a cafe in Happy Valley. My mother had dropped out of college because she couldn't afford it however, my father's family was dirt rich.

Filthy rich.

With the small loan of a million dollars, my father paid for my mother to go back to school.

The only promise was that she'd marry him.

And of course, she did—she was more qualified than to become an American citizen.

However, most people didn't know about my mother for a while because she was accidentally impregnated at the age of nineteen. Which happens two years before my father was approached by Benjamin Black.

My mother was sent away by my father to live back in his Pent House in the city. There she gave birth alone and raised me all alone until I was two years of age. That's when my father came back already a millionaire and more.

My father was a businessman, not a politician.

He always had a vision. What was broke he broke even more and what was fixed he broke.

I remember being a senior in high school when my dad was announced the governor. Suddenly, it was lights camera, and action. Even then the attention was too much for me.

My full ride to play football at Michigan State with Matti didn't seem like the dream anymore. Wherever I went, he went. Pennsylvania State University seemed like the best choice.

The farther from the media the better.

I also got accepted to all of the Ivy League. Matti didn't get accepted to those, but I wasn't going anywhere without my best friend.

Penn State was a breath of fresh air. Drugs, sex, and alcohol. It was a dream. More importantly, nobody gave a fuck who the Governor of Michigan's son was. However, when my father decided to announce that he was going to run with a partner in the next presidential election—I knew my college life of living was over.

Life wasn't worth living if you couldn't even live the life.

The metal on my tongue clanked against my teeth as I tightened the grip on my beer. We were on my Yacht.

The North Atlantic water rocking the water mansion like no other.

Well, maybe it wasn't the water. I had at least fifteen strippers on the deck with the freshman and Reese.

A buzz interrupts my train of thought. "Hello?" I press the answer button on my phone screen. I heard my dad intake his breath. "Blake," He says my name as I chuckle. "Yes?" I ask, innocently. I knew exactly why he was calling though.

"Where are you?" He asks as I heard some shuffling on his line. Before I could answer, he cut me off. "Nevermind, you don't have to answer that! You're on the yacht in Miami with a bunch of strippers! I know this because it's all over social media!" He yells as I chuckle.

"This is not funny." He states. "I never said it was dad. I'm thinking this was a healthy way of hazing. I'm setting a good example," I tease as I heard a giggle in the back.

Mom.

"Oh—" I heard something slam. "Don't even get me started with your Instagram story today! It was a great day to wake up and hear that my son has a fucking tongue piercing!" He growls as I chuckle.

Getting my dad riled up was a lot more entertaining than watching the freshman on the team seeing strippers' boobs swing in their face.

"A tongue piercing—" His voice growled out. I chuckled into the phone. "Blake Daniel, this is not a laughing matter. You got a tongue piercing! The Vice Presidents son got a fucking tongue piercing! Are you kidding me!" His voice booms through the phone.

I smirked, "Chillax pops, it will go great with the eagle tattoo that's widespread on your back. The conservatives will love that one. They'll see it as a father and son bonding moment." He groaned. "Quit doing this shit, Blake! I mean it! The press will have a field day with this one," He sighs, "Those asshole press reporters. Just lay low, Blake. I mean it. Don't screw this up for me." He scolded me before the line was cut.

I tossed my phone across the room before standing up on my two legs.

My legs were worth millions, however not just in the same way that my best friends were. I could declare for the draft this year, but I have more of a focus on the idea of politics.

I wanted to be the change.

With the boat swaying back and forth, I walked towards the sliding glass door. I slid it open and chuckled. To my left were a pile of bikinis—tops and bottoms.

I didn't even feel like walking up the small set of stairs to the deck because I could hear the positive energy my freshman were embracing. "B! Come smoke this blunt with me. Trust me, getting fucked up to the sounds of sex is amazing." Reese appeared over the railing, bottoms on.

I chuckled. "Why aren't you having sex?" I asked as he winked. "You offering?" He asks as I flip him off.

"I could only stay hard for so long, the seasickness is killing my dick." He states as I purse my lips nodding. He gives me a cheeky smile before waving the back of weed at me as I chuckle, nodding.

I turn my hat so the front is on the back of my head, and I slide on my sunglasses. It was the most obvious disguise, but I didn't care. They would exploit me no matter what- I still wanted to fucking have fun.

I walked up the stairs to the deck, chuckling and smirking at the various activities taking place. At the moment, I couldn't have been a prouder captain. As the moans became background noises to me, I sat next to Reese, who had become Matti's replacement to me.

I chuckled.

"Did you see Mitch?" He asked as I nodded, reaching for the bag. "Mini Matti," I respond. "Is that what you're calling him?" He teases as I chuckle. "Yes. The kid is obsessed with boobs, almost as much as Matti. It's like the two of them haven't ever stopped breastfeeding." He lets out a loud laugh at my comment.

He quickly, but carefully rolls the blunt before passing it to me.

I hit it graciously as the moans became louder behind me. Reese whistled, "That really loud one is Mariana. I remember her from last year. She was a projector not just with her voice." He comments as I smirked.

"Splish, splash." I joke as he chuckles.

"You talk to Matti?" He asks as I nod. "Yes. Sounds like he's not letting NJ do any of the work." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "Him and that damn baby," I comment as Reese chuckles.

"Did you see how big her boobs got?" He asks as I let out the air. I ignored the question as he laughed. "Okay. Nod if you agree Naomi's tits look like mountains of milk, don't move if you don't agree." He gives me an ultimatum as I pause.

The loud moaning in the back of my ears getting even louder and the wet noises weren't from the ocean anymore. I took another hit from the joint, and then I slowly nodded.

I was Blake Day, one of the most eligible bachelors in America. Not one camera could ruin the life I was living in this moment.

Reese clapped his hands, laying back against the lounge chair. "Ahhh, buddy. I can't wait for this semester," He slides his glasses on over his eyes as I nod feeling the buzz slowly hit me.

This semester would be life living—no matter what it would cost.

END OF TEASER.
BOOK TWO ARRIVING IN JUNE 2021
Xoxo!

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM FOR MORE UPDATES:
thinkingofthoughtswrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7M 503K 67
Book 1 in the "Life in-" series Scarlett Rain Rhodes is just like every other 17 year old high school Junior. She goes to school, makes good grades...
781K 43.8K 34
[2022 Wattys Winner] When love cynic Madison Watson starts university, she vows to follow three simple rules. One: Work out at least twice a wee...
3M 77.1K 71
COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a girl who never wanted to be there in th...
152K 2.7K 38
When Alyssa received her scholarship to attend The university of Houston, she had no idea that one kiss in a club could be so persistent. Running in...