Trust (A SPM Story)

By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Luigi finds the worst has happened. He's lost the most important thing in his life, and will do anything to g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 "Familiar"
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 "Trust"
END OF PART 1
Part 2, Chapter 1
Part 2, Chapter 2
Part 2, Chapter 3
Part 2, Chapter 4
Part 2, Chapter 5 "Dreams"
Part 2, Chapter 6 "Dreams Pt. 2"
Part 2, Chapter 7
Part 2, Chapter 8
Part 2, Chapter 9 "Auld Lang Syne"
Part 2, Chapter 10
Part 2, Chapter 11
Part 2, Chapter 12
Part 2, Chapter 13
Part 2, Chapter 14
Part 2, Chapter 15
Part 2, Chapter 16
Part 2, Chapter 17 "Broken"
Part 2, Chapter 18 "Fixed"
Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Pt. 1"
End Credits

Part 2, Chapter 19 "Epilogue Final"

83 7 20
By JimmySMASH4daWIN

Daisy POV

A year later

I burst into Dimentio's room. "IT'S YOUR DAY!!!!!!" I violently threw confetti at him.

We were all staying in this big fancy hotel. 

Dimentio groaned and rolled over, before looking at the digital clock next to his bed. "Daisy, it's 1:00 A.M."

I grabbed his shoulders and shook him awake. "Come on! We gotta get you all ready! There isn't a moment to lose"

"The wedding is at NIGHT. I have all day to get ready. I don't need you barging in here and waking me up at 1:00."

I just laughed. "Come onnnn."

It had been exactly one year since we both did our super awesome, amazing, spectacular double proposals. Dimentio wanted our weddings to be on separate days, so we placed them a week apart.

Since I was the polite one between the two of us,

Dimentio POV

That's debatable.

Daisy POV

Shut up, since I'm the polite one between the two of us, I let him have his wedding on the night of the star festival. His was going to have this whole night sky, galaxy theme. It was gonna be lit!

Dimentio groaned again. "Just give me a few hours. Then I'll get up. Okay?" I nodded, and left his room. "Alright. You have two hours. Then we're getting you all ready."

Luigi and I were helping Dimentio with everything he needed. 

"...I don't know why I'M the flower girl, and not YOU. I mean, flowers are your whole thing!" Luigi started. I smiled and shrugged. "Well, I can't be the flower girl. I'm his best man."

Luigi shook his head. "I just think that I should be the best man and YOU should be the flower girl. I mean, I was his best friend! At first he didn't even like you!" Dimentio smiled at us. "I stand by my choices."

We finally got him into a black tuxedo, and let me tell you, he looked sharp! He insisted on wearing weird pointy shoes, like what he use to wear all that time ago, but he really made it work. He also had puffy pants and a purple and yellow cape on his back resembling his old outfit. It made me feel a little nostalgic looking at him.

He cocked his head to the side. "Why are you looking at me that way? I pulled him into a hug. "You look so good! I can't believe you're getting married today!!!" He patted my back. "Yeah, yeah, it's great. I know."

He actually looked happy. I made sure his hair was looking nice. It was fun to brush it. He felt like a little doll!

I looked over at the clock. It was almost time for me and Luigi to start getting ready as well. 

Luigi started towards the door. "Okay, we gotta get ready, then we gotta set up all the wedding things. We'll see you in a few hours and help you with any last minute things."

Then, he grabbed my hand and we got ready.

Luigi wore a fancy suit with a dark blue vest. He didn't wear a hat, so I had to do his hair and make sure it wasn't messy.

Since I was Dimentio's best man, he got to choose the dress I wore, which I was nervous for at first because I thought he was going to make me dress as a clown or something. But luckily, he chose a normal dress. The only problem was that he wanted it to be dark blue. Something about matching the whole galaxy theme, I dunno. I almost never wear blue, but I still looked good.

I ran over to where the alter was once my hair and makeup were done and made sure everything was perfect. The skies were clear, so that was good. They should have a perfect view of the stars, just like they wanted. 

Mr. L wanted purple and yellow flowers, so every table had a mix of those. And I also lined the isle with purple and yellow petals. Since Luigi was the Flower Girl, all he'd have to do is throw even more. I always say, you can never have to many flowers.

Luigi helped me out with the decorations, along with Mr. L's best man, that kid, Varian. I heard that he specifically took two weeks off of school to come to this wedding. 

I invited everyone, and I mean EVERYONE that Dimentio could possibly want here. Even his old teammates. I think their names were Minnie, Natalie, and O'Chunky or something. I dunno.

I tried finding someone by the name of Blumiere, but apparently he and someone named Timpani disappeared long ago. Luigi's been doing his best to find them. When I asked Dimentio about it he said that he'd appreciate it if they could come, but would understand if they didn't because of their 'history.'

A few hours had past. The alter was all set up outside, and everything was in position. The guests started pouring in. Even though I invited everyone I could possibly think of, it was still a rather small wedding. But I think that Dimentio wanted it this way. I let out a breath I seemed to be holding in, then went back to see Dimentio.

"Okay, it's almost showtime." I told him. I found that he'd get less nervous about the whole wedding when I referred to it as a show. Luigi was fixing his hair, while Dimentio was taking deep breaths.

"What's wrong?! Are you nervous?" I asked him. He nodded. "Obviously. I'm shaking like a sinner in church." I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder. "You're fine. This is your moment." He slowly nodded, when I heard our cue! 

"Okay, it's time!" I excitedly squealed. Luigi rolled his eyes and picked up the flower basket. "Still don't see why I'M the flower girl...." He mumbled. I giggled and kissed his cheek. 

Luigi took his basket, and got into position.I saw Mr. L's best man waiting for me. I looked down at Dimentio real quick. "Hey, you got this. Don't be afraid." I told him. He nodded. "I'm not afraid. Thank you, Daisy." I smiled, then ran off and grabbed Varian's arm.

Together, we walked down the isle.

"How's Mr. L doing?" I whispered into his ear. The kid briefly smiled. "He's a nervous wreck. Dimentio?" I smirked. "'Shaking like a sinner in church.' Were his exact words."

Varian giggled, when we made it to the end. We both walked to our separate sides.

Then, Luigi started down the isle, throwing the cute little flower petals. It was cute.

The sky was clear and beautiful. Perfect. I looked over at Luigi. He was already tearing up.

Then, everyone stood up.

I hired someone to play violin for the wedding. The music, the stars, everything was perfect.

Slowly, Mr. L walked down the isle. He wore a white tuxedo, white shoes, pretty much everything was white, except for a green bowtie, and his mask. 

Once he got to the alter, he stopped and turned around.

Then, Dimentio stepped forward. I heard Luigi start crying even harder. I myself had a few tears in my eyes.

He looked so happy.

Once he got to the end, he turned to face Mr. L. I smiled and wiped away a tear.

The pastor started. "We gather here today, to unite two people. Mr. L, Dimentio, you are proof that love will always find a way."

He turned to Dimentio. "Do you take Mr. L to be your husband, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" Dimentio smiled and nodded. "I do."

He then turned to Mr. L. "And do you-" "I do." Mr. L interrupted. I giggled a little. The pastor shrugged and continued. "Then, best men, the rings."

Varian and I stepped forward. I handed the ring to Dimentio and smiled a big smile. I could See the kid do the same with Mr. L.

They turned and placed the rings on each other's fingers.

"You ma-" Mr. L reached forward and pulled Dimentio into a kiss. I immediately started clapping.

They were so cute together. It made me so happy to see this.

Dimentio POV

After the reception, we got to talk to the guests. I was happy. The sky was perfect, everyone was here. 

It really was perfect.

"Dimentio!" Mimi's voice called. I turned around, but was immediately embraced in a hug. "Oh my goodness, Your mask! It's gone!" She cried, looking at my face. I smiled. "Oh, right. Well it cracked like a piece of fragile glass."

She giggled. "I told him. I told Mr. L that he loved you. All that time ago. I knew it! So in a way, you could say that this all happened thanks to me." I rolled my eyes. "Sure, Mimi. Sure."

"When we all heard you were alive, we were so excited! When we got our invitation O'Chunks literally cried!"

I laughed. "You guys aren't still mad at me?" She shrugged. "Well, Nastasia is. But me and Chunky have pretty much forgiven you."

I nodded. That was understandable. Mimi gave me a more serious look. "Have you forgiven us?"

I inhaled slowly before responding. "....yes. I have. I actually hoped that the Count would come, but Daisy said she couldn't find him." Mimi nodded. "Yeah....he pretty much disappeared with that little fairy after the Ultimate Show."

I felt slightly guilty, but shrugged it off. "Yes. That's what was expected."

I spent a few hours dancing with L, enjoying the festivities, looking at the stars, you name it. Daisy really did do a good job. I mean, we were all involved in planning this, but she really went above and beyond to help make this perfect.

And just when I thought it couldn't get more perfect,

"Are we late?"

I was dancing with L when heard the familiar voice. We both froze and turned to face them.

Standing on the edge of the dance floor stood Blumiere and a now human Timpani.

Luigi was standing with them. "Not at all! Well....actually kinda.... but you're here! And that's what matters!" 

L let me go. "Is that...." I suddenly took of and sprinted for them.

"Count! You came!" I cried, embracing him in a hug, which pretty much shocked everyone.

He looked down at me. "Dimentio? Is that you?" He grabbed my shoulders and examined my face. I nodded and smiled. "Yes. This is me."

Timpani looked around. "Oh, what a lovely celebration." I shook my head, astounded. "How...where....how are you two here?"

Blumiere smiled. "Well, we've been living together among the stars." He waved his cape and pointed to the sky. "When a young women, the one who watches over us all, told us of your celebration. We couldn't miss this." I looked up at the sky. L ran over to us.

"Whoa! Count, you made it!" He stated. Blumiere bowed his head. "Yes. We wont take much of your time. We just wanted to wish you two a happy life."

I felt a tear come to my eye. Last time I saw him, I felt nothing but hatred towards him. But now, I felt nothing but happiness. I saw not an enemy, but an old friend.

And when I looked around, that was all I could see. Friends. Smiles. Laughter. Happiness.

L took my hand and started dancing with me again. "He smiled, before brushing some hair out of my eye. "So, what do you think?"

I looked around. People were dancing, Daisy was loudly laughing at Luigi's clumsiness on the dance floor, L's kid was looking at the sky, Mimi was with Nastasia and O'Chunks, writing about this in her Diary, and Blumiere was gracefully dancing with Timpani.

This would have never happened in a perfect world. If I had succeeded, things would be so different.

I sighed. "Perfectly Imperfect."

Luigi POV

A week later

I woke up to sunshine shining through my window. 

I yawned, and checked the clock.

"10:00 AM?!" I yelled, quickly standing up. I tripped over my suitcase, but quickly got up. I picked up the phone, while grabbing my tux, and dialed Mario's number.

"Hello?" Mario replied. 

"Hey! Why'd you let me sleep in?!" I questioned. 

".....oh no. I forgot, I'm supposed to help you. I'll be right over." I shook my head. "You forgot?!" He chuckled on the other end of the line. "Yup. Forgot. Don't worry Weegie, I'll be right over."

I sighed. "Thank you." Then hung up.

"I knew I should have made Dimentio my best man." I muttered, rubbing my temples. 

I heard a knock on the hotel door. I opened it up to see Mario. "Okay, I'm here." He chimed. I grabbed his arm and pulled him inside.

"Good. How could you let me sleep in?! This is the most important day of my life!" Mario shrugged. "Sorry bro. You see, I was gonna wake you up, but then Peach stopped by and-" I help up my hand. "Say no more. Just help me get ready!"

He nodded. "Right, right."

Dimentio POV

"Now, Dimentio, are you sure everything is ready?" Daisy asked for the 50th time. I nodded and rubbed my temples. "Yes, your highness. I've set everything up. You're welcome by the way." She nodded, before stepping into her changing room.

"Remind me again of why it must be MY responsibility to set up the whole outdoor alter?"

I could hear her giggle from the other side of the door. "Because, YOU are the maid of honor. And your magic makes setting it all up fairly easy." I groaned. "I told you, you are to refer to me as man of honor. I am not a maiden, and shall not be referred to as one."

She laughed. "Come on. We called Luigi the flower girl." I chuckled. That's right, he was quite a lovely flower girl. Oh what a magical night that was.

She made me stay up all night setting up her little alter. She wanted it out in this fancy garden nearby. There were golden flowers everywhere. She requested this whole flower theme and everything. There was a clear stream nearby, which I didn't quite appreciate, but she thought it was pretty. The water was shallow and clear enough or me to be okay with it.

I could hear a crashing noise from other other side of the changing room, causing me to jump a little. I pressed my ear to the door. "Uh, Daisy? You all good?" 

"Yeah. The stupid heels are just hard to balance in." I smirked.  "I told you you should have gone with the pointy shoes~!"

"No. Dimentio, you're probably the only person in the whole world who could pull off pointy shoes." I nodded. "Ah, thanks for the compliment." She groaned. "I'm only being nice because it's my wedding day."

She opened the door and stepped out.

"So....how is it?"

I froze. "Wow.....you look.....wow." She smiled a big smile. "Admit it. I look great. Now where's your outfit?" I sighed and snapped my fingers. My clothes shifted to the dark purple tux she chose for me. She originally wanted me to wear something like a pastel yellow since her wedding had a golden flower theme and it was in the middle of the day, but when I was forced to try on outfits we both found that light colors didn't quite suit me. "Done." I chimed. She rolled her eyes. "You can't even get dressed like a normal person?" I smiled. "I didn't want to waste time."

She looked at us both in the mirror. "Wow....." She mumbled. I sighed. "Yeah....look at us."

I admit, she looked beautiful. Like a desert blossom blooming at midnight. She smiled and squeezed my hand. "We look epic."

Third Person POV

Mr. L and Varian were assigned seats next to each other in the second row. Mr. L crossed his arms. "They were both apart of my wedding. Why am I being left out of their's?!" Varian looked up from the book he was reading. "What? Did you say something?" Mr. L just groaned.

"And, we don't even get to sit in the front row! You know, Luigi nearly killed you. I think that should at least earn us front row seats." Varian shrugged. "You know, I just feel lucky that he invited me. Considering the fact that he hated me with a burning passion I've never seen I'm him before." 

Mr. L sighed. "Whatever. So, how have you liked studying in New Donk City? People over there aren't giving you a hard time, are they? Because if they are, I will personally hunt them down and-" "Whoa whoa whoa, don't worry Mr. L. People are nice for the most part. I mean, my foot was ran over by a scooter the other day, but that was an accident. Plus, I really like the city." Mr. L's eyes twitched. "What kind of idiot runs someone over with a scooter?!" Varian patted his shoulder. "It's the city. Things happen. It's all good."

Luigi pulled out a paper bag and started breathing into it. Mario had his hand on his brother's back. "It's just a wedding. Why are you so nervous? What's the worst that can happen?"

"Well, the chaos heart could just show up and create a big void in the sky. Then I could be hypnotized into fighting you and then everyone will die and all worlds will be destroyed. OR, Daisy could realize that she's to good for me, then just leave and get married to some random dude named Chad who has a cool motor bike and a bad attitude." Mario laughed. "Luigi, come on. You're being ridiculous." 

The Officiant made his way down the isle. It was time for Luigi to go, since he was the groom and he was supposed to wait at the alter for Daisy. Mario stood up. "You gotta go." Luigi grabbed his hand "No! Don't leave me alone! Mario!"

Mario smiled. "Hey, it's just for a minute. You'll see me out there. And if you get scared, I'll be right behind you to catch you. Alright?"

Luigi slowly calmed down. "Alright. Alright....." Mario nodded, then left to meet up with Dimentio and get into position.

Meanwhile, Daisy was going over the checklist with Dimentio. "Okay, is the music ready? Do you have the ring? Are all the guests here? And for the love of Grambi, why are you wearing those shoes?" Dimentio looked slightly offended. "What? You said I pulled off the pointy shoes. So I changed into them."

"Dimentio," She said in a condescending tone, putting her hands on her hips. He backed up. "Alright, alright, I'll change them." he snapped his fingers and his pointy shoes changed back to the dress shoes Daisy had chosen. "Better, your majesty?" He asked while bowing. She took the checklist in her hands, rolled it up, and hit him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for!?"

"Don't you start with me." He rubbed his head. "Alright. Alright." She looked up at the clock on her wall. Then shoved him out. "You gotta go. The maid of honor is supposed to walk down with the best man and wait at the alter."

"Hey! That's man of honor to you." "Whatever, go! Go!" He stumbled out of the room, then teleported over to where he needed to go. Mario was waiting for him.

Dimentio rolled his eyes. "In three thousand years, I would have never guessed  I'd be forced to walk down the isle with the likes of you." Mario shrugged. "And yet, here we are, maid of honor."

Dimentio rolled his eyes and stood next to Mario. "Let's just get this over with and never speak of this again." Mario nodded. "Sounds great."

Luigi was waiting at the alter, nervously fidgeting. He relaxed once Mario and Dimentio arrived.

Then the audience stood up. For this wedding, they had a pianist performing. The music started, as Daisy slowly appeared.

Luigi's eyes went wide. She was practically glowing.

The sun was shining brightly, golden petals rained down from the trees, everything was so bright and beautiful. Daisy smiled a big smile.

Since her dad was dead, she had her military leader, Tod, walk her down the isle. 

Once she got there, she handed her bouquet of flowers over to Dimentio. He smiled at her, as she turned to Luigi.

The pastor started, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man, and this woman, in the bonds of holy matrimony. It is the purest kind of love which they share. The kind of love that pushes you to find one another, even when lost. The kind of love that brings out the best in the other. Now, you may proceed to the vows. Daisy,"

Dimentio handed her her vows. She looked down, and began to read. "Luigi.... when I was a little girl, I always thought that I'd meet a strong, brave prince. One who would rescue me, and we'd live happily ever after. Then, when I had nothing, you came around. You saved me. Your kindness, your compassion, your love inspired me to be better. You inspired me to try. When no one loved me, you were there. You offered me a place in your life. You gave me a place in your heart. You're the reason I try. You're the reason I'm here today. Without you, I'd still be lost. You are the prince I've always dreamed of, and I can not wait to face the future with you."

The pastor turned to Luigi. "Luigi,"

Mario handed Luigi his vows. He took a deep breath, then looked up at her.

He took a deep breath and threw the vow aside. Mario glanced at Dimentio. "Was this planned?" He mouthed. Dimentio just shrugged.

"Daisy, I was afraid. Afraid of myself. Afraid of the world. Afraid of this night. But.... when I saw you walking down that isle, I remembered. There's nothing to be afraid of. Not when you're here, because together, there's nothing we can not do. You were there to make me smile at me best, and you wouldn't give up on me at my worst. You never gave up on me. When I was lost, you helped me find myself. When I was finally found, you brought me back into the light. You helped me trust myself again, and you helped the world trust me. I love you, and it doesn't matter what comes our way, because I'll always love you. Whatever the future hold for us, whatever happens, I won't have anything to fear because we'll face it together." He looked at Dimentio, then back at Daisy. "As a team."

The priest nodded. "Then, Do you, Luigi, take Princess Daisy as your wife?"

Luigi smiled. "I do."

"Do you, Princess Daisy, take Luigi as your husband." 

She nodded. "I do."

"Alright, then the rings."

Mario handed Luigi the ring, as Dimentio handed Daisy hers. The two then turned to each other and placed the rings on their fingers.

"By the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you, man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Daisy leaned forward and pulled Luigi into a kiss. The audience cheered.

Once the reception was done, Daisy ran up to Dimentio, who was chatting with L. She hugged him from behind. "Hey, hey, hey my new brother in law!" He shook his head. "I'm not your brother in law." Mr. L tilted his head to the side. "Well....Luigi is my alter ego, so.... I guess in a way, you kinda are." Dimentio glared. "Do not encourage her." Daisy ruffled his hair. "See! Mr. L agrees with me, bro!" Dimentio pushed her aside. "I swear, if you call me bro, I'll lose it."

Luigi walked forward. "I mean....alter egos aren't really brothers." Daisy shook her head. "Luigi, sweetie, I love you, but shhh. As my husband, you are required to take my side in these arguments." 

Luigi chuckled, as he took her hand.

Luigi POV

And here I am again. When this tale started, I was making breakfast in a world where no one trusted anyone. But looking around, I see that there are good people. I'm surrounded by smiling faces. 

The truth is, even when the world seems dark, there are always going to be good people out there. The world is not all dark. No one is all dark. There will always be good in everything. It's perfectly imperfect, as Dimentio would put it.

And I know I'll be forever haunted by what I've done, but with trust and kindness, also comes forgiveness. The only person I've yet to fully forgive is myself, but with time, it'll come. 

I looked around. Dimentio and Mr. L were happily dancing together. A true smile on both their faces. Daisy was dancing with me, Mario was chatting with Princess Peach at the buffet, everything was happy.

And I was happy. I'm happy knowing that I am surrounded by love and support. And if I fall, I have people I trust there to catch me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 74 23
(TW: Story is a little creepy and disturbing. Proceed with caution. You have been warned) The world wasn't always as kind as it is now. Things used t...
2.4K 103 31
TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE, SELF HARM, AND VIOLENCE Have you ever been out of place? Well, what happens when you spend your whole life trying to get ba...
10.6K 127 15
Mario knew Princess Peach for a long time. In fact, it felt like an eternity since he first met her. He wanted to propose to her so they could have a...
1K 33 33
See, Luigi was a poor boy, but he had a gift to give. He could make you see how the world could be, In spite of the way that it is... Come see the wa...