Reminder | Bucky Barnes x Rea...

By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

'You are just a reminder of everything you did to me! I hate you!' He wanted to put everything in the past an... More

Author's Note
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
Epilogue

s e v e n

21.8K 594 587
By LadyLokiLaufeyson5

Me? A super soldier?

"I – I don't think so," I said. "I mean, they'd never given me the serum before."

"What did they give you the day you were rescued?" Tony asked.

"I don't – I don't know," I said truthfully. "But it amplified everything."

Steve and Natasha looked to each other.

"I think Bruce should run some tests," Natasha said.

"Also, you beat the ever loving shit out of a super soldier," Tony added.

I knew he was referring to Bucky. I clenched my fists and took a deep breath.

"And that super soldier is with Bruce right now," Clint said. "I think we should keep these two separate for now."

I crossed my arms. I felt childish, but I really did hate him. He had done so many bad things to me.

"She has the right," Wanda said quietly.

Tony nodded but Steve shook his head.

"Just because he's your friend doesn't mean his actions don't have consequences," Tony said sternly.

"It wasn't him!" Steve said exasperatedly.

"Let her be mad for a while," Tony said.

"You do know that I'm standing right here, right?" I said.

"Bucky's out of the lab now," Clint said. "Y/n can go in."

"Let's go," Nat said.

She led me from the room.

"You really hate him?" she asked after a while.

"Yes," I said. "He killed my parents and tortured me for nearly ten years."

Natasha's mouth thinned but she didn't say anything. We continued walking until we reached the labs. We walked into Bruce's lab to see him setting up the blood tests.

"You can just sit here," Bruce said kindly, pointing to a chair.

I sat down and he set up the needle. He came close to piercing my skin and I jerked away.

"Sorry," I muttered. "I don't like needles."

"Focus on me," Nat said.

I looked directly at her and tried to ignore Bruce.

"We can finally start your training. I got the go ahead from Fury. We can start right away, if you'd like," she continued.

I nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said.

"And we can bring Wanda to help with the powers," Natasha said.

I nodded again.

"Done," Bruce said.

I looked to him to see he had a couple of vials of my blood already.

"Ready to start training?" Nat asked.

I nodded and she led me from the room.

What if I was actually a super soldier? What if I actually had telekinetic abilities?

I shook the thoughts from my head as we entered the training room. Wanda was already there with Vision. I smiled at the two of them. They weren't quite official yet, but they were so cute together.

"Y/n," Vision greeted formally.

"Hi, Vision," I said quietly.

I was a little bit embarrassed about my outburst. I must have looked insane.

"So, do you want to start with combat or powers?" Nat asked.

"Powers," I said.

I wanted to know if I could actually move things with my mind. It seemed like the others wanted to know, too, because Wanda sat us both down across from each other and placed a shoe in front of me.

"Okay, just lift this up in the air," she said.

I focused on the shoe. I tried to make it rise, but nothing happened.

"It's not working," I muttered embarrassedly.

"Well, what did you feel when you threw Bucky across the room?" Wanda asked.

"Anger," I said. "Bubbling anger."

"Well, try to feel that again," Wanda said.

I closed my eyes and remembered how I felt. The feeling rose to my chest again. I opened my eyes and aimed the feeling at the shoe. The shoe rose into the air and my mouth opened in awe. Was I actually doing that?

"Wow," a male voice said.

The shoe dropped as my head whipped to the intruder. Bucky was standing against the door frame with his arms crossed. I glared at him and he just stared at me.

"What do you want?" I growled.

"Steve wanted me to talk to you," Bucky said.

I swear to god, Steve's days are numbered, I thought to myself.

I stood up and stalked to the soldier. He gestured for me to follow him, and I did. We walked down a hallway and turned into a room. It was a conference room. Bucky opened the door for me and held it open. I walked past him without giving him a second glance.

"What do you want?" I asked again.

Bucky took a deep breath before answering.

"I – Steve told me that you were here while I was on my mission. He told me your name and I instantly remembered you. I – we've been through bad things together and I was hoping we could help each other heal –"

"No," I interrupted.

"No?" he repeated, sounding slightly crestfallen.

"No," I said firmly. "I don't want to have anything to do with you."

"Can you please just give me a chance?" Bucky asked.

"No!" I yelled. "You are just a reminder of everything you did to me! I hate you!"

Bucky's lips thinned.

"You said that to me every chance you had," he said.

"And I meant it," I said, before leaving the room.

I walked through the tower until I reached my room. I closed the door and stood in the middle of the room. I began breathing heavily and closed my eyes.

Who the hell did he think he was? Thinking that he deserved to be listened to, thinking that we could heal together? The thought would have been laughable if it didn't fuel such a fiery rage inside of me.

I opened my eyes to see objects floating in the air around me. I exhaled deeply and the objects slowly lowered themselves to their original resting places.

A voice projected through the tower speakers.

"Avengers, report to the labs," Tony said.

I walked to my door and opened it. Across from mine, another door opened to reveal Bucky. A scowl rose to my face and I walked ahead of him. I reached the elevator and was about to close the doors when Bucky walked in. I turned my face away from him as the elevator doors closed and we headed to the labs.

As soon as the doors opened, I rushed out of the elevator and walked down to the labs. I opened the door to see the rest of the team gathered. When Bucky arrived, Bruce began talking.

"Y/n, you're a super soldier," he said.

I was only a little bit shocked. I had prepared myself for it a little bit.

"I've also been told that you do have telekinetic abilities, so I've come up with a theory," Bruce continued. "I believe that the last thing Hydra injected you with was super soldier serum. You said that the last injection amplified everything, and that is exactly what super soldier serum does. Your power is now amplified, and somehow you now have telekinesis."

I pursed my lips, letting the information soak in. Honestly, it made sense. Bruce had done the tests, and there was super soldier serum in my blood. It was kind of crazy.

Life with the Avengers had just gotten a whole lot crazier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464 39 21
What happens when two "monsters" meet? "Don't, Tony she's broken." "What the hell do you mean broken?" Slow-burn!! BUCKYXREADER tw: slight mention...
67.1K 1.3K 25
A story where a not-so-normal girl finds herself soulmates with the Avengers - but does she want to be? Avengers X Soulmate no. 10 - #thorodinson no...
57.9K 1.1K 76
Reader inserts that I have written. Tony Stark x Reader Bucky Barnes x Reader Steve Rogers x Reader Stucky x Reader Avengers x Reader
1.9K 24 28
Y/n and Yelena team up in search for Nat but it didn't go the way they expected this is a hater to lover relationship between Nat and Y/n this is my...