B.U.D.D.Y | b. boston jr #LLTC

By humansunflower

in which they both swore it was casual or in which it wasn't casual at all #LLTC More

B.U.D.D.Y
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
author's note
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
038
039
EPILOGUE
author's note

037

5.4K 405 123
By humansunflower

november 3rd, 2020
12:42 pm

SUNDAY DIDN'T WANT TO GO TO CLASS.

She wanted to continue to hide in her dorm room from the world.

She had been safe in her head and in her Louisville home all weekend but now it was time to return to the mess she created.

A boisterous knock at the door caused Sunday to raise her head from the pillow, confused at who would be knocking.

"Sunday?" Danielle's voice sounded outside the door, "Sunny? Are you okay? Can I come in?"

Sunday hesitated then swung her legs over the bed to walk over and open the door.

Danielle had a worried look on her face, "Look, I know that you and Maya are kinda going through it right now and I don't know how you feel about me right now but I feel like something's off. I saw B.J without you in sight yesterday which is weird. Are you two good?"

Sunday pursed her lips then sighed, "Me and you are good and everything so I hope you don't take it the wrong way when I say this. You and Maya are just too close. I don't know if I can trust you not to run to her with anything."

Danielle nodded slowly, "I... I understand that. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"I will be." Sunday affirmed.

The sound of her phone's alarm sounding caused both girls to look at the bed where Sunday had left it.

"I need to get ready for my film class." Sunday explained.

"Okay," Danielle said in a quiet tone, "I'll see you around."

Sunday closed the door then braced her back against it.

Going would mean seeing Brandon and she wasn't sure that she was ready for that.

On the other hand, Sunday was not one to be lazy with her academics.

With that thought in mind, Sunday pursed her lips once more and began to get dressed.

She had slowed her usual pace to the academic building that held the class that they shared together.

When Sunday got to the threshold of the classroom, the class was already half full but Brandon's usual seat remained empty.

She let a silent breath of relief loose as she sat in the seat before his then frowned, wondering if she should choose another seat in case Brandon had decided to come to class.

The professor who was leaning against the wooden desk in front of the white board, glanced at the time then stood erect, "All right class. Time for our weekly discussion. Our last review paper was on-."

Brandon strolled into the classroom quickly, his hood up around his skull and making everyone turn their attention on him.

The two made eye contact for a split second before he sat behind her and Sunday cleared her throat then forced her gaze on her cream colored Ugg boots.

"As I was saying, class," The professor shot Brandon an annoyed look, clearly not liking being interrupted, "Our last review paper was on John Hughes' The Breakfast Club, asking which club member you relate to and why. Who wants to start?"

The classroom was deadly silent, with everyone glancing around at each other to see who was going to answer his question.

"Anyone? No?" The professor looked around the classroom before fixating on Brandon.

Sunday pursed her lips a little.

This professor liked to pick on the people who were late and she knew that Brandon didn't particularly like being told to speak when he didn't want to.

"B.J. Who'd you relate to?" The professor crossed his arms.

"The jock. Duh," Brandon retorted causing everyone to snicker except Sunday.

She was too anxious, too overly aware of him to laugh with everybody else.

"Haha," The professor replied in a sarcastic tone.

The android on his desk started to ring and the professor glanced at it then back at his students, "Alright, everyone partner up and discuss while I take this."

He stepped out into the hallway while everyone began to discuss.

Sunday took a peek around the room, noting her peers turning to the people behind and around them.

Sunday was about to tap on the shoulder of the boy who sat in front of her when Brandon coughed a little.

"Sunday, everyone else has a partner except us." Brandon said.

Sunday tucked her bottom lip before slowly turning around to face him, "I won't make this awkward if you don't."

Brandon loosened his drawstrings to expose more of his face, "Just by saying that, you've made it awkward. Who'd you identify with in the movie and why?"

"The princess," Sunday murmured, "Because she feels like she has to be perfect at all times."

Brandon held her gaze for a couple of seconds then started to play with the strings on his blue basketball hoodie.

She let out a sigh, "Why'd you pick the jock?"

Brandon snapped his eyes up at her, "What?"

"We're supposed to explain why," She continued in a soft tone, "So, other than playing sports, why'd you choose the jock?"

"I don't know." He replied with a shrug, "Just did."

Sunday simply nodded, "Okay."

His aloofness was unsurprising and deserved but that fact didn't ease the cold fist around her heart.

Sunday cleared her throat once more, "How was the date?"

Brandon blinked, "What?"

"The date. I remembered that you said that you had one."

Brandon blinked once more, "Are you for real right now?"

This time it was Sunday's turn to ask the word 'what?'

"Why are you asking about my personal life like we're still cool?"

Ouch.

Sunday could feel the sharp sting of humiliation and rejection flitter up her spine, "I was just making small talk. There's no reason to be hostile."

"Sunday, I laid it out on the line. And you turned me down. There's not really much to say after that." Brandon replied.

Before Sunday could stutter out a reply, the professor came back in.

He said something but Sunday couldn't understand him due to the buzz of shame floating in her ears.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 193 16
-๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐›๐ž ๐๐ž๐œ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  , ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ- ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐–๏ฟฝ...
257K 4.7K 18
in which she could've sworn that he wanted her friend first or in which an affair was bound to happen
8.5K 182 17
When College Hoops + Love cross paths...
6.2K 357 6
a shedeur sanders story. โœซ slow updates โœซ