Surviving | grey's anatomy

By FiorraCavazza

"You know I used to love working here...good memories, seeing my friends who are my second family. And now? N... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
Season 3
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Preview
25.1
25.2
Author note
I'm back
You're gonna hate me
26
27
Thank you!

12

4.2K 129 45
By FiorraCavazza

The days after the bombing were just a mess.

When Meredith got back she's been sleeping in Eve's room. Johnny was very understanding about it. To think that both of them could've died is just horrible. 

Johnny is standing at the nurse station biting his lip and pacing. He still hasn't seen Eve. He knew she went into surgery on baileys husband and Shepherd wasn't to be seen so he had the strong feeling Shepherd continued operating.

"Come on Eve...where are you." He mumbles nervously.

Everything and everyone in the hospital was a mess. Code black never happens. Usually it's just practice but it never really happens. 

After what felt like years he finally sees her walking down with a showered Meredith and Cristina and izzie behind her. 

When he sees her he couldn't hold back his tears as he runs up to her the woman doing the same. Running toward him jumping into his arms holding as tightly as she could. 

"You're okay." Johnny whispers gripping the back of her head kissing her temple not letting go.

"I'm okay... you're too. We're okay." Eve whispers the adrenaline of being on the same floor as a bomb finally leaving her exhausted.

Her and Cristina wanted to stay with Meredith as much as they could. It almost seemed as if she was ready to die. But they managed to keep the blonde calm before being forced to leave.

"I love you. Don't you ever do that again okay?" He whispers still not opening his eyes.

He feels her nod quickly sniffling. "I won't I won't I promise."

The first night she was with him obviously. The second night he had to work longer that's when Meredith stepped in quietly.

Eve wakes up with a jolt looking at the door. "Mer?" She asks whispering mind still groggy. 

"I-" before she could continues Eve scooted over patting the other side of the bed.

"Come in." She whispers turning to sleep again feeling the bed dip behind her.

"You okay?" The brunette asks once the shifting stopped. "Hmhm" is the only words she gets out of her.

And in addition to that Bailey even went into labor. So yes it was a huge mess.

...

The ringing of her alarm rips Eve out of her sleep. Johnny mumbles something pulling her closer to him when she tries to reach over to turn the alarm off. 

She huffs before glancing at her alarm before her eyes widen. "Oh god!" She yells trying to get up but her legs get tangled in the bed sheets making her fall into the floor.

"Ouch." Is all she says laying there for a second. 

"You okay?" Johnny asks slightly leaning up opening one eye trying to glance at his girlfriend. 

She quickly scrambles up starting to run around the room to get dressed. "I'm good. Almost late but pretty good." She rushes out grabbing her bag putting all her stuff in before walking over to the bed kissing Johnny goodbye.

...

Eve rushes out of her car in the middle of Seattle rushing into the random coffee shop. It wasn't even her favourite one but today she was late so she had to take what she could get. 

Luckily it was almost empty. She ordered a sugary donut and a caramel coffee with extra sugar and sweetener. 

Just as she's about to walk towards her car searching for her keys while holding the donut with one finger and the coffee with the rest she suddenly crushes into a wall making her tumble back and spill all her coffee on her shirt and the strangers and drop the donut on the floor.

She gasps. "Oh god, i-I'm so so sorry I didn't watch were I was going." She rushes out grabbing the napkins she got out of her bag starting to dab away at the persons leather jacket.

At the deep chuckle she stops finally looking at the persons face. 

Her eyes widen. He was good looking. Like really good looking, hot, handsome, sexy you name it and with striking blue eyes. He had a well kept beard only adding points to his attractiveness and a really really sharp jawline. 

She blinks shaking her head. "Hi! I'm sor-"

"It's alright don't worry about it. Sorry about your donut and coffee though." He interrupts her. His voice is really deep and slightly raspy. The man keeps smirking at her, his eyes wandering all over her face making her cheeks slightly blush due to him not caring that he's obviously checking her out.

Eve huffs out a laugh. "Right. Okay uhh yes here are some napkins for your jacket." She grins handing him the clean tissues making him nod in return. 

He looks down at her again his smirk still present. "Let me buy you a new one. What do you think...?" He asks quietly raising his brow lightly waiting for her to tell him her name making her smile at him before glancing at her watch making her eyes widen. She looks up at him quickly. 

"Evelyn. And it's really nice of you but I'm late so it's fine maybe another time. So...Goodbye it was nice to meet you." She rushes out smiling at him apologetically before turning around to walk away towards her car.

"Maybe another time..." Mark mumbles smirking while staring at the brunette who rushes to her car. 

As she gets into her car she flashes him another friendly smile before getting in.

...

Walking into the locker room out of breath Cristina stares at her with a disgusted look.

"I knew you loved sweets and coffee but didn't know you also like to wear it." She says making Meredith smile laughing lightly.

Eve grins back sarcastically. Walking to her locker. "Ha ha thank you very much." She replies quickly taking of the dirty shirt pulling out her scrubs. 

"Why are you so late today? I tried to wake you up but no one answered so I thought you were already gone." Meredith asks confused. The brunette is never late. Never.

"I don't know I was getting coffe and then I ran into someone and then I dropped my coffee and my donut. It is awful." She complains pulling the scrub over her bra pulling her hair into a ponytail a few hair from her fringe falling out.

"Oh yeah the fact that you dropped the donut is the worst thing that happened." Cristina mumbles making Meredith laugh but she nudges the Korean women glancing at Eve who was clipping her pager onto her pants.

"You know Burke is acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transactions for money. Like keeping it is a crime." Cristina exclaims making Eve looks at her.

"He found out?" She asks earning a annoyed not.

"Are you sure he's not just acting like you lied about moving in?" Meredith asks unimpressed by cristinas anger.

"Okay what's wrong with you?" Cristina asks switching the topic. 

"My mommy's a filthy whore." She says pointing making Eve choke on air not having expected that.

Cristina gets up to par her back.

...

"Jake Burton. 15. Has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia. He was admitted last night after complaining of headaches. And from what he has told me he's not a complainer?" Eve concludes turning to the teenage boy. He's lightly grinning at her nodding. 

Mr. Burton nodding in agreement as well. "That's right. And he's been having some nausea as well." He das making Shepherd nod as Eve writes it into his chart.

Shepherd steps up. "Okay may I?" He asks making the parents move to the side.

"Jake can I get you to sit up please?" He asks making the boy do so.

"Sure" Jake nods sitting up looking at Eve who smiles brightly at him. 

He smirks winking at her jokingly marking the brunette chuckle. 

"Jake." Mrs. Burton mumbles in a warning tone although she smiling. She thought Eve was a good doctor for her age. 

Derek holds up a finger in front of him holding his flashlight up to them.

Jakes eyes shift to Cristina. Eve glances at the Asian women seeing her look slightly uncomfortable. It definitely is a different sight she's not gonna lie.

"You could pretend I'm a lion. It helps." He explains to the woman making her look up in surprise.

"Sorry?" She asks confused.

"You could pretend I'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at." He elaborates making Eve and Derek chuckle lightly.

"Dr. Lee what is our immediate concern?" Derek asks while putting his flashlight away.

"That the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain which could cause a lot of damage." She concludes making him nod in agreement.

"Correct. Lee." He nods in agreement.

...

Exciting the elevator Eve halts for a second seeing Meredith talking to the stranger she bumped into in the morning.  

As she walks closer the strangers eyes shift from Meredith to the brunette his eyes not leaving her walking figure looking up and down, she smiles at him with furrowed brows.

"The stranger from this morning." She greets making him smirk nodding in agreement. 

The blonde man steps around Meredith coming to a halt in front of the smaller brunette.

His scent reaches her nose. It smells rich and fresh like mint.

"Lynn. The girl who ran away before I could invite her for new coffee." He greets back making her chuckle.

"It's Evelyn actually and you are...?" She asks raising a questioning brow leaning slightly on the counter to her left.

"Mark Sloan." He puts out his hand making her grip it softly shaking it. 

Her hand is so much smaller than his. And soft not even dry due to disinfecting them all the time.

Meredith looks confused at the encounter. "Urm do you know each other?" She asks curiously making Eve look at her nodding pointing at him.

"He's the one who made me drop my donut and coffee." Eve replies making the men in question chuckle lightly.

"And I'm very sorry about it. I would've loved to make the day of a sweet women like you better by buying her a new one." he replies smoothly making her nervously laugh gripping her chart tighter.

 Before he could say anything else though a unexpected hand shots out punching Mark right in the face making Eve let out a Yelp jumping back a little. She glancing at Derek for a second not believing what he did in the hospital before crouching down to aid the fallen man.

"What the hell was that?" Meredith asks stunned.

Derek looks down at the blonde men who is despite having been punched slightly smiling at the brunette women who pats his bleeding face with a tissue and holds his face tenderly.

Derek hates it. Him looking at her. His team partner. Him talking to Meredith. He hates him.

He looks back at Meredith huffing. "That was Mark." Is all he says before walking away.

...

"He is Mark Sloan. He's like a plastics god in New York." She rants to Johnny making him him in return. He's been really quiet the entire day. 

"So why is he here?" Johnny asks finally looking up from his chart.

Eve just huffs shaking her head shrugging her shoulder before she starts playing with his fingers. 

He smiles lightly at that. If only he wouldn't feel so guilty about the job thing. Which he actually got into. But how would he tell her that. He didn't know.

"I don't know. All I know is he made me drop my coffee and donut this morning. And Derek punched him in the face. Right in front of me." She explains making Johnny look at her disbelieving.

"No way." He says shaking his head. 

Eve laughs at that throwing her head back. "Yes it is!! He did it I swear -" before she could continue nurse Tyler walks up to her interrupting the conversation handing her the Mark sloans papers.

"Dr. Sloan is waiting in trauma Room 307." He tells her making the brunette nod thanking him before turning to Johnny.

He just looks at her waiting for a explanation. She sighs. "Chief asked me to take a look at his face." Is all she says before kissing him quickly walking towards the room.

...

Eve is currently cleaning Marks cut leaning in closely to see everything.

The men did not stop looking at her the entire time. She bites her lip in concentration.

"So what's it like being dr. Mark Sloan a world famous plastic surgeon, who's having his cut cleaned by an intern." She asks breaking the silence her eyes not wavering from her work.

He chuckles finally looking forward but occasionally glancing at her. 

"I gotta say with you in the mix it's not as annoying as one might think." The brunette tries to hide her smile by pursing her lips.

He is charming she has to give him that. But nonetheless she has a boyfriend whom she loves.

"You're really not shy when it comes to blatantly complementing some huh someone who has a boyfriend even?" She asks teasingly before turning to add more disinfectant to the pad.

"My 400 dollar an hour shrink says that because behind this rugged and confident exterior, I'm self destructive and self loathing to an almost pathological degree." Mark explains glancing at the brunette who nods indicating that she's listening. He's a little disheartened but not surprised at the fact that she has a boyfriend. 

She looks innocent but they always say the innocent are the wildest.

"Well I don't think you're self loathing. Everett Collins a famous psychologist actually once said that overly confident people try to hide their insecurities because they see them as weaknesses. A sign of that for example could be that they're trying to look their best to the outside world." Evelyn replies squinting at the wound.

Damn Derek really hit him hard. It's a big open wound. Who would've thought he has this force.

"Are you saying I look good?" Mark asks teasingly smirking when the brunette cheeks warm up adorably. 

"I-I t-that's not what I meant dr. Sloan." She keeps looking back and forth between his eyes and the wounds. His eyes are weirdly captivating. It's like when she was with Don back in the days.

"You know it's funny, Derek-" he turns his face to her making Eve grip it softly, raising her eyebrows smiling as a warning to not move as she turns his face to look forward.

"Derek walks in on me naked with his wife actually in the throes. And he just turns around and walks away, but he sees me so much as talking to you and I'm in the ground bleeding. Interesting, don't you think?"

He asks his voice tinted with curiosity. She definitely wasn't Derek's lusty intern. But she was close to him. All the brunette women does is raise an eyebrow smirking at him that basically says 'who knows'.

Eve turns around grabs a towel and places it on his shoulder. She then moves to start suturing his face.

But before she actually could the man grabs both wrists softly making her shudder at the shock she got from his hands on her. Her eyes widen slightly looking up at him regaining her posture.

"What do you think you're doing Lynn?" He asks worriedly breaking the silence glancing at the needle.

Eve furrows her brows pulling her lips into a tight line.

"I was about to suture your face until you stopped me?" She asks in a tone that says 'duh' before gasping jokingly.

"Oh I get it you don't want just some intern to suture your face. Am I right?" She grins teasingly moving to page another doctor before he stops her still holding her wrist.

He grins at her holding up the mirror. "Hold the mirror sweetheart." He orders making the brunettes face drop. She ignores the nickname that made her stupid face wanna then red again. 

What is he planning? He can't suture his own face...right?

The brunette giggles not believing him until she sees his smirk.

She straighten her back grabbing the mirror and giving him the needle. "Alright then." She whispers "tell me how I need to hold the mirror." She ads softly as he starts stitching himself up.

...

Outside the room the gang is watching Mark Sloan suture his own face. All women look at with either a dropped jaw or smirking lightly.

Behind them are George and Alex who stare with slightly squinted eyes.

Alex is annoyed. He sees how Sloan looks at Eve when she isn't watching and how makes her giggle and smile. It makes him wanna punch something. 

George just looks annoyed. "Why is he suturing his own face?" He asks angrily staring at what's happening and how the women just stare completely in awe.

"To turn me on." Cristina purrs leaning one arm in the counter behind them.

Alex scoffs. "Cause he's Mark Sloan. He's like the go-to plastic surgeon in the East coast." He replies already having googled the men.

George gasps. "That's the guy Addison was sleeping with?" He asks making Meredith nods.

"And the guy who was punched by Derek and ran into Eve this morning when she dropped her coffee." The blonde replies making Cristina let out and 'ooo'.

Izzie nods in agreement "I would've loved to run into him. And you can't really blame Addison for sleeping with him can you?" She asks not looking away from the window.

"No, not really. Eve is just lucky." Cristina mumbles smirking lightly.

"He called her Lynn." Meredith says making Alex furrow his brows. 

"Lynn?" He asks annoyed. Why does this dude give her a new nickname.

Meredith nods smirking at Alex' jealous tone. "When they first saw each other. He called her Lynn." 

"Ugh." George groans not liking that this guy is so blatantly flirting with his best friend. But it goes ignored.

Suddenly Eve walks out of the room closing the door behind her and letting out a deep breath before walking over to her friends. 

"Dr. Sloan wants an x-ray to check for fractures and I think it's a bad idea if I take him." She mumbles the last part.

Alex quickly jumps in. " I can do it but why not you?" He asks taking the chart. 

Eve bites her lip her cheeks slightly blushing. "He's really flirty and I can't have him staring at me the entire time." She quickly says. Making Alex and George grit their teeth before he leaves.

Eve leans on the counter next to George.

"He needs a mcnickname." Cristina starts pursing her lips.

"Oh god." Eve mumbles not being heard.

"Mcsexy?" She ask making Meredith shake her head.

"No." Declining the thought.

"Mcyummy." Izzie tries making all three scrunch up their noses.

"No." Meredith and Cristina drag out.

Eve takes a deep breath. "You know I think the mcnicknames have a really bad mcomen. But if we go with one Mcsteamy could fit." 

At that all three women let out an "aahh" sound as if they finally found a conclusion to a hard test question. 

Eve laughs at that shaking her head turning to George when he groans. "Oh come on Georgie." She laughs patting his head but he just shakes it.

"I really thought you wouldn't jump in on the train Eve. I'm just gonna go choke back some mcvomit." He chokes out before leaving.

...

"Hey did you do the MRI?" Shepherd asks walking over to the brunette who nods handing them to the men.

He nods as a thank you at her before his face falls looking into jakes room. Eve furrows her brows turning around only to see dr. Sloan and Alex in the room with Jake.

She closes her eyes in frustration. Oh no please not more random punching she prays before quickly following Derek who is furious.

"Dr. Sloan can I help you with something?" Derek asks as calm as he possibly can which is not very calm making the brunette bite her lip nervously stepping up beside him.

A happy jake turns to look at the Derek and then Eve.

"Dr. Lee he says he can fix my face. He's says he can make me look like normal. So that you would actually have to go on a date with me." Jake says making Eve turn to look at him. Giving him the best smile she can muster although to the other doctors in the room it just looks uneasy.

This is definitely not good.

...

Cristina, Alex and Eve are standing in the catwalk watching Derek and Mark fight in Dr. Webber's office. 

All trying to find out what they're saying. 

"He was furious. He looked like he was about to burst into flames." Eve whispers to them staring at a wildly gesturing Derek.

"Well after punching him you would expect him to react like that. Alex mumbles.

"Did he call him a crack-whore?" Cristina asks tilting her head slightly. 

"Pretty sure that's not right." Eve mumbles not being able to read anything from their lips.

"Oh shut up I'm trying to read lips. Shepherds gesturing. Big gesturing!" Alex yells as if the women couldn't see for themselves.

"What do you got?" George's voice right next to her ear makes her jump up letting out a yell. 

"Jesus! My heart." Eve whispers making George rub her back looking the brunette apologizing.

"Shepherd and Sloan are battling it out.why what do you got?" Alex asks making George shrug trying to look as casual as possible but it just seems fake. Eve giggles quietly.

"Just a Woman down in the E.R.... having spontaneous orgasms." George replies making all three turn to him in sink. 

Even Eve couldn't hold back her curiosity.

"Random..." she starts only to have him nod. "Orgasms.." he finishes for her. All three look at each other before sprinting down the catwalk.

...

Eve is standing next to Alex who are both watching Dr. Sloan drawing on Jake's face where he's gonna be cutting.

Derek told Eve to stay with Jake at all times so that dr. Sloan couldn't do anything out of the ordinary again and the brunette agreed obviously not wanting for more punching to be happening.

"You're drawing the medial to the tumor." Alex asks curiously. Apparently he's really interested in plastics. If Eve was being honest he didn't seem like the type to be a plastic surgeon. Not that anything was wrong with them.

Mark replies without taking his eyes off of Jake. He was so focused it was almost mesmerizing. His hand was as still as one could be.

"It's a guideline for what the bone structure should be." He replies in a low concentrated voice.

Through the mirror Jake glances at Eve who looks at him smiling lightly. 

"You hear that dr. Lee? I'm gonna have bone structure." He tells her excitedly making her heart warm. Happy for him that he's getting something that he really wants.

"That's indeed right." She replies grinning at him.

The door opens and Jakes parents enter with a still annoyed looking Derek.

Jake glances at his parents. "What do you think am I Dali or more of a Picasso?" 

Mr. Burton then turns to Mark asking for him to stop working in Jakes face for a second. 

The blonde men nods getting up from the chair moving to stand next to Eve.

Between Alex and Mark she really feel squished. With her 1,60cm she really wasn't the tallest. 

"Jake, Jake I'm sorry. This surgery, the brain surgery is very dangerous." His father starts making the young boy groan looking at him upset.

"Oh don't say that. You, you don't get to change your mind." He whines sadly. 

Eve's furrows her brows feeling sad for him. It's the only thing he really wants. His one wish.

Derek clears his throat. "You know I know dr. Sloan has made you some big promises...but the bony tumors inside you skull are bad." Derek explains but Jake shakes his head quickly.

"I don't care!" 

"The bleeding will be hard to control. I'm not trying to frighten you. I just want you to understand." Derek tries again to no avail.

"I do understand this... I understand this has nothing to do with plastic surgery. So, so if I'm going under the knife anyway then-"

Jakes father speaks up "Plastic surgery can be done at some-" everybody keeps interrupting each other. What a mess. Eve rubs her forehead.

"I'm sorry to interrupt." But before Mark could continues what he wanted to say Derek interrupts glaring at the men for a second before turning to Jake.

"What you need to understand..." but Mark apparently has had enough of Derek's attitude.

"Excuse me." He starts with a louder and firm voice.

"Jake is actually right." At that Derek scoffs making Eve shrink together slightly just wanting to be in a room where there is less tension.

"No reason to put him through second surgery and a second round of anesthesia. It's much safer to do it all at once." 

Alex nods at that making Eve look at him raising a brow. He looks at shrugging  his shoulders. 

Mrs Burton speaks up. "Honey we just want you to focus on keeping you alive." Eve bites her lip. 

That was the problem most of the times. After a while people start worrying about staying alive and they forget to actually live in the given time.

Jake sighs loudly. "Come in mom. I almost died when I was ten years old. And then again when I was twelve. And then again last year. But I'm still alive." Everyone is silent thinking about what he's saying.

Suddenly he turns to Eve who's been almost hidden between both tall men. "Dr. Lee? What do you think?" Jake asks making all the attention shift to her.

Her eyes widen. "Jake I can't-"

"Please! I trust you dr. Lee. What do you think?" He asks her pressing on.

With wide eyes Eve looks at everyone's face all expecting for her to say something different. She scans all the faces biting her cheek nervously before turning to look at him. 

He looks at her with trust. So much trust. He looks at her like she's his doctor. And she is. So she can say what she thinks is right.

She blinks once and her eyes shift from nervous to calm in an instant. Making Mark look at the brunette with intrigue.

"I know you're all concerned about the pressure both surgeries will put on Jakes body. But from my knowledge using anesthesia would actually proof to be a higher risk then going in once and doing everything in one go. It would also make the recovery easier and less dragged out. So in my opinion it would be my recommendation that you do both surgeries at once." She concludes looking at Jake and his parents sincerely smiling at them faintly.

All the while she's trying to ignore Derek's furious look. She'll deal with that later.

"See?" Jake smiles at his parents before glancing at Eve looking down at his hands "look, I... I know that you think I'm perfect just the way I am but... that's your job to do that. But..." he pauses looking at Evelyn who looks at him listening to what he has to say.

"For once in my life is like to think that someone else thought that. Please?" He begs his parents leaving the room silent once again.

...

Walking out of the room Derek angrily turns to Eve who straightens her posture ready for the blow.

"What. The hell. Was that?!" He yells not caring that anybody could hear.

"Dr. Shep-" she starts but is quickly interrupted.

"No okay? You are under my service! Mine not dr. Sloan or anyone else's. Your input is not necessary when I'm in the room." 

"Derek." Mark steps up trying to stop him from continuing to yell at the women.

But Derek is not to be stopped. He's furious. "You're an intern Lee. You don't make recommendations you hear me Evelyn?" He yells making her grit her teeth looking down. Her hands ball into fists.

"I apologize dr. Shepherd." Eve grumbles making the neurosurgeon pause in his rant. 

Then Eve looks up at him with hard cold eyes.

"Although I am an intern I am a doctor. And Jake is just as much my patient. He was asking for my recommendation and I gave it to him. I apologize that my opinion doesn't fit with yours. But I did what a doctor should do. Excuse me." She finishes smiling sarcastically at all three men before storming away. 

Alex quickly following her but not before glaring at Derek for a second.

Mark whistles after her little rant. "That's hot." He whispers smirking before walking away leaving Derek even more angry.

...

Alex and Eve are in the OR. Eve is standing next to Derek helping him with the brain surgery. The brain never fails to amaze her. She's glad that he showed it to her. 

She's so focused on the brain that she doesn't notice Mark and Alex staring at the girl.

Alex stares loving when she has this face of awe. It's pure and just perfect.

Mark feels intrigued by her. At first he thought she was some innocent weak little intern. But she stood up to Derek. She know her place but she also knows when she's right. She can be calm when she wants to be.

All of a sudden Jakes heart monitor starts beeping rapidly. 

"Oh son of a bitch." Derek grumbles. "We need another unit of blood!" He yells at the nurses urging them to hurry up.

Then Jake flatlines making the brunette look at it in worry. No it can't be. He has survived so many surgeries. And the one where he finally gets something he desires he dies. No!

Dr. Sloan steps up and grabs the paddles showing Jake repeating for a minute before coming to the conclusion that Jake is dead. 

Eve closes her eyes sinking her head. Why now. 

"Dr. Lee. He was close to you. It's right if you call it." Derek says in a concerned tone. 

The brunette grits her teeth looking at the clock. She shakes her head angrily. 

"Time of death. 12:03." She calls out in a disappointed voice. 

When everybody left only Alex and Eve were left. Both having to close him up. 

It's quiet. No one saying anything.

"Shame he never got his face fixed." Alex mumbles as Eve ties the last knot. 

She furrows her brows looking at him. Both coming to the same conclusion.

...

Alex and Eve are rushing to the attending locker room opening it quickly only to come face to face with a very hot and shirtless Mark which makes Eve quickly squinting her eyes shut turning her gaze to the floor.

"Dr. Sloan?" Alex asks. 

...

In the morgue Eve and Alex are waiting for dr. Sloan. Luckily he agreed to fixing Jakes face when they asked him to.

The door opens. "Alright I got the parents approval." He tells them walking up to Jake's body.

Alex and Eve move to put their masks on but Mark raises a hand and stops them shaking his head.

"You don't really need those." Is all he says making the brunette sigh letting it fall down.

"Right." Alex nods while Eve just stares at Jake.

"Scalpel-" "dr.Sloan." Eve quickly calls him making him stop in the movement to look at her softly. 

She looks at him with wide but really sad eyes. "He... he likes his eyes. He always talked about people's eyes. C-can you keep them as they are? Please." She whispers the last part holding her breath.

Mark smiles faintly at her nodding. "Yeah... we'll keep the eyes as they are." He replies making her nod at him gratefully.

...

Eve walks out of the hospital after a long shift moving to lean on the pole waiting for Johnny to come out. 

"Well well well. If it isn't Lynn." A rough voice calls out grinning at the brunette who looks up at him I surprise.

"It's actually Evelyn. Dr. Sloan." She replies teasingly shaking her head at him.

The men groans in fake pain. "Oh come on we're so close now you should call me Mark." 

Eve chuckles at the straightening her posture 

"Well we're still on hospital ground which makes it feel wrong." She replies making him smirk at her.

"Why is it wrong Lynn? Is it because you're attracted to me?" He asks tilting his head making her laugh tilting her head slightly back making him grin at her.

"I have a boyfriend dr. Sloan." Is all she says when she sees Johnny walking towards the entrance door. 

She sighs glancing up at Sloan who looks at her just looking at her face.

"Well it was really nice meeting Mark." She smiles putting more emphasis on the name before nodding her head walking toward Johnny who pulls her into his arms.

Mark's eyes followed her not sure what it is about that women that makes him so excited about talking to her. It's like everytime something unexpected could come out of her mouth. 

Eve and Johnny though are oblivious to the watching men walking towards their car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.6K 13
Join Margo Shepherd as she navigates her way through her new home Seattle Grace Hospital Grey's Anatomy | Season 1- TBD MARK SLOAN x OC SLOW BURN #...
339K 8.5K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...
24.9K 765 38
Meredith Grey, double board certified surgeon in both neuro and general. She is a child prodigy and has been offered chief at Seattle Grace stealing...