Just A Friend?

By ReadWriteLoveIt

Will I Always Be: Just A Friend? {Book 1} *** {Teen Fiction #1} Ashton Thompson is everything you'd... More

Copyright
Will I Always Be: Just A Friend?
British Vocabulary/ Terms & Slang Phrases
[1]: Bumps, Bruises, Best Friends & Bitches.
[3]: Surprise Visits & Ticklish Moments.
[4]: Chick Flicks...Fantasy vs Reality
[5]: A Smack In The Face From Reality
[6]: Ben & Jerry Kisses
[7]: Family Interruptions & Friendly Spooning
[8]: Morning Glory & Hospital Visits
[9]: Plaster Casts, Play Dough & Prosecco
[10]: Broken Hearts & HOT New Students
[11]: Dinner Disturbances
[12]: Unexpected Messages & Butterfly Kisses
[13]: Pool Parties & Drunken Antics
[14]: Horrid Hangovers & Mysterious Marks
[15]: Flashback
[16]: Just Best Friends
[17]: Argument after Argument
[18]: WTF!!
[19]: Oh My God!
[20]: Mates & Dates
[21]: Setting Rumours Straight & Shocking Announcements
[22]: First Dates & Forbidden Kisses
[23]: Apologies & Confessions
[24]: Designs & Realisations
[25]: Secret Admirers & The End of a Tradition...well for one week!
[26]: A Tempted Moment
[27]: Tina Tantrums
[28]: Falling Out, Making Out & Damn Interruptions.
[29]: Smack
[30]: BFF Timeout!
[31]: Unhappy Birthday
[32]: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[33]: Tuesday, is just Mondays Ugly Sister
[34]: Lyd vs Ash - Again!
[35]: Well That Was Unexpected!
[36]: Just Like Magnets
[37]: F*** You Reality
[38]: Never Assume, it just makes an ASS out of U and Me!
[38]: Extra
[39]: The Third Wheel
[40]: Just Follow Your Heart
[41]: Emotional Issues
[42]: Mixed Signals
[43]: BF Make Up/ BF Break Up
[44]: TFIF (Thank Fuck It's Friday)
[45]: No Man's Land, A Bottle Of Vodka & A Bag Of Frozen Peas.
[46]: Drunken Tales & A Cold Wake Up Call.
[47]: These Are My Confessions
[47]: His Confessions (ASH BONUS)
[48]: Waterworks, Revelations & Flower Meanings
[49]: Bitches & Ex-Boyfriends
[50]: Drinking Games & R-Rated Kisses
[51]: New Boyfriends & Family Heartbreak
[52]:Revenge Is Sweet
[53]: XOXO
[54]: Fundraiser Planning
[55]: Come Find Me
[56]: Finally Found What I've Been Looking For
[57]: Popped Cherry Anyone?
[58]: I'll Be Watching You
[59]: Tattoo Reveal
[60]: But Who?
[61]: Faux Friends & Interrupted Kisses
[62]: Birthday Shock!
[63]: 3 Words...8 Letters
[64]: One Line Or Two?
[64]: One Shot or Two? (ASH BONUS)
[65]: Young, Wild & Drunk
[66]: Birthday Shots & Horrid Hangovers
[67]: Surprise Surgery & Baby Plans
[68]: Pink Or Blue
[69]: Let The Countdown Begin
[69]: extra
[70]: Final Preparations & Moaning Puppets
[71]: The Fashion Show - Swimwear
[72]: The Fashion Show - Formal
[73]: The Fashion Show - The Boys
[74]: The Fashion Show - Casual Wear
[75]: The Fashion Show - Date Night
[76]: Fashion Show - Surprise!
[77]: Backstage Revelations
[78]: And The Internship Goes To...
[79]: Let The Celebrations Begin
[80]: After Party & Future Planning
[81]: The Calm Before The Storm
[82]: XOXO Revealed!
[83]: You Have The Right To Remain Silent
[84]: Breaking Free
[85]: Cocktails & Confessions
[86]: Friends Are The Family We Choose!
[87]: Sealed With A Kiss
[88]: Quality Time With Family & Friends!
[89 - Part 1]: Last 24 Hours...
[89 - Part 2]: Hugs & Kisses
[90 - Part 1]: His Forever Girl
[90 - Part 2]: It's Not Goodbye, It's Cya Later!
[The Epilogue]
[Full Cast List]

[2]: Fake Snow, New Girlfriends & NYE Kisses

1M 23K 18.2K
By ReadWriteLoveIt

**FLASHBACK**

"IT'S SNOWING, IT'S SNOWING!" I shout, running around my house.

"No it's not Lydia." My dad replies gruffly, checking out the window through the curtains. He's so gullible, make me smile every time.

"I know, but I'm hoping if I keep saying that it's snowing, the snow angels will allow it to happen. It is forecasted for this weekend you know."

"Yes I know, and I hope the forecast is wrong like it usually is. If we end up getting snow, we won't be getting out of our road for a few days, never mind the house." My dad grumbles, he hates it when it snows here.

We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, where the road dips down and all the snow and ice drift down to where our house is. And with us having a rather steep driveway, we can't get up or down it without skidding; which means we're stuck. I, however just like my siblings love snow, it doesn't come often so I appreciate it so much when it comes and actually sticks. They say that we're due some snow this weekend, not that the weather people are ever correct but I'm still living in hope.

"Well you'll just have to use your legs instead of your car won't you dad." I smile kissing his cheek before heading into the kitchen for breakfast. He was still grumbling to himself as I left.

"You excited for your last day of term before Christmas break Lyd?" My mum asks as I sit down at the table.

"Yes. I can't wait to hand in my portfolio and three outfits that I finally perfected and finished last night."

"I thought I saw your light on when I woke up in the middle of the night. You shouldn't be up that late when you've got college in the morning."

"I know but I need them to be perfect mum, this year is so important for me, you know that. These few designs and sketches are the ones that matter and could be the ones that help me make it into the fashion show at the end of summer."

"I know sweetie, I just don't want you over working yourself."

"I'm not, but I just need this work to be perfect. Mrs Tudor will be looking over all the work we've done so far over the holidays, and hand picking ten of us from class to show off our work in the summer fashion show. I NEED to be one of those girls mum."

"And I'm sure you will be, you're too talented for her not to pick you. I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you." I smile taking a sip of my orange juice. "Anyway, better hurry, Ash is on his way and I'm always late when he picks me up."

Just as I say that and stand up, Ash walks into the kitchen. "Too late I'm already here Lou." He laughs sitting down at the table and pinching some of my toast.

"You're early." I say pinching my toast back from him and finishing it as he finishes my glass of juice. I glare at him as he smirks at me.

"Don't you get fed at your house?" I ask placing my now empty glass and plate into the dishwasher.

"I've already had breakfast, but it's always so much nicer to eat someone else's food."

"Pig." I mutter to myself as I traipse upstairs to brush my teeth and collect my college work.

Five minutes later I'm carrying down my three outfits, my portfolio and my college bag that's full of Christmas gifts to share with the girls. "Let's go Ash."

I'm packing my things into his car as he casually strolls out my house. "Any time today." I say sliding into the passenger door.

"I was ready to go, but your dad started talking to me about the weather and how he hopes it doesn't snow." He says this and glances at me. "You been asking for snow again Lou?"

"Of course." I grin and turn on the radio. "You know I love the snow."

"I sure do." He laughs, probably remembering the last time we had it and got stuck at his house for three days alone. His parents were away, his siblings at college and grandparents houses. We made a huge snow forte, had snowball fights till our fingers were almost falling off due to the cold, made snow angels and the biggest snowman you'd ever see. Top that all off with huddling around his fire in the living room drinking hot chocolate, making smores and watching Christmas movies. It was the best weekend, just the two of us. I had him all to myself with no interruptions, it was perfect.

*~*~*

College was passing rather quickly today, it was already lunch time. There was a spark of excitement in the air as you walk around, everyone's buzzed that it's the last day before we break up for three weeks, even the grumpy teachers were smiling. The only thing that they were serving in the canteen today was Christmas dinner. Thankfully you could choose what you wanted on your plate.

I excitedly sit down for lunch with Ayla, waiting for Georgia and Lois to join us from the queue.

"We're still swapping presents today right?" Ayla asks and I nod whilst swallowing a spoonful of mash.

"I bloody hope so; I've brought in all your gifts in." I say pointing to the bag full of presents by my feet.

"You got my present in there Lou?" Ash asks sitting himself besides me.

"Why, was I meant to get you one?" I ask nicely, a slight grin spreading on my face.

"You better have bought me one, after what I've got you."

"Oooo what is it? Gimmie" I grin holding out my hands.

"Patience, patience. You know Santa brings you my gift every year."

"Yea, you suck that I have to wait for Christmas day to open it."

"You'll love it though."

"I know." I smile at him as he reflects my smile. He really does my heart flutter.

"Hey Ash."

I glance up to see some blonde walk past our table, running her hand along the top of Ash's shoulders as she passes.

"Oh hey Rach." Ash grins, turning his head towards her.

"We're still on for tonight right?" She asks and that's when my head snaps in Ash's direction. He wouldn't dare cancel our Friday night together.

"Not tonight Rach, it's tomorrow remember." Ash replies not even glancing at me. But he gently grips my knee, knowing I'd be pissed if he cancelled.

"Oh yea, my mistake. You sure you can't make it tonight instead, it's just that it's my sisters birthday tomorrow so I might have to re-arrange our date."

At this point I could feel the blood pounding in my ears, she knew we always hung out on Fridays, it's our thing. And what stupid cow makes plans on their sister's birthday in the first place?

"Sorry I can't change my plans tonight. If you can't make tomorrow we'll just have to do one night next week instead." Ash says shrugging at her.

"Right okay," Rach sighs, glaring in my direction. "But you're just hanging out with her though, I'm sure you won't be missing out on much if we go out instead."

"I'm not changing my plans Rach. So it's up to you if we're going out tomorrow or not, just let me know."

"We can stick with tomorrow; I'll just hang out with my sister tonight instead."

"Okay, well I'll pick you up at six then, like we originally planned."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." She smiles sweetly at him before placing a kiss on his cheek, leaving a bright pink mark before walking away to her friends. Not before sending another glare in my direction.

I just know I'm in for a shit couple of weeks here in college if Ash ends up dating her. Rach is the worst bitch of the college. Although not many of the girls here like me because I'm best friends with Ash. They're intimidated by our friendship and always blame me when he breaks up with them. And I hate it every time I see him kiss someone who isn't me, not that he's ever kissed me or ever will but a girl can dream right?

"As if you're dating Rachel Ash. God I thought you at least had some standards." Georgia says sitting down at our table.

"I'm not dating her, well not yet anyway."

"What the hell do you even see in her, she's a complete bitch?"

He shrugs and looks at Joel and Greg who are sat next to him. "She's hot."

"Which means you just have to date her, right?" Georgia replies sarcastically.

"Right." Ash winks before tucking into his food.

Rolling my eyes at the girls I carry on eating my lunch. I could see their sympathy for me in their eyes; they knew how much I was in love with Ash and how much I hated it every time he got a new girlfriend; which was often.

The rest of the day passed just as fast as the morning did, with the bell ringing announcing that it was the end of the day. Ayla and I had handed in our work to Mrs Tudor after lunch; she was really impressed with the high standard of work that she had to look through from us. I hope that was her slyly telling us both that we'd made it into the fashion show.

After college me and the girls quickly exchange gifts as Ash waits for us. We usually exchange on Christmas Eve, but this year Lois and her family were off on holiday for the break and leaving on Monday for two weeks, we wouldn't see her now until just before New Year's Eve. Now that's a night I'm looking forward to.

*~*~*

"Oh the weather outside is frightful and the fire is so delightful...and since there's no place to go...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

"Let it go, let it go, let it go." My brother sang out after me. Not joining me in my sing song, or quoting the amazing but over sung song from Frozen; but taking the piss out of me singing let it snow.

"Oh shut up Fin, I want it to snow. It's Christmas Eve and it's still not snowing like the weather man said it would." I say pouting at him from across the living room.

"You actually believed them when they said it would snow?" He laughs clutching his stomach.

"Yes."

"You look and sound like the twins right now." He replies still laughing, on about our three year old niece and nephew.

"Whatever." I sigh staring up at the sky, I just want some snow.

Jumping off the window sill I head upstairs and jump in the shower, Ash and his family are coming round for dinner later like they do every Christmas Eve and mum would kill me if I wasn't ready on time. Mum wanted help setting up the dining room and as my dad and brothers would moan about having to do it and purposely do something wrong or put something out of place that my mum would have to re-do everything, she asked me to help.

We had an early dinner, which wasn't anything fancy, just take out from the local Chinese. I mean, who wants to spend all Christmas eve cooking when you end up doing it all the next day anyway. So take out it is. We do the same thing every year, and I love it. We get in a tonne of food, so everyone can pick on a variety of starters, main meals and sides before we all tuck into pudding. Thankfully we have so many males in the families, they end up eating all the left overs throughout the evening so nothing really ends up going to waste.

"You need to change Lou." Ash says coming up to me as I put the dessert dishes into the dishwasher.

"Why? Have I spilt something on my dress? Oh my god I'm so clumsy..." I say looking over my dress, twisting myself from side to side to try and see the back. "Where Ash, I can't see anything?"

I turn to see him leaning against the counter smirking at me. "I didn't say you had anything on you, but you do need to go change. We're heading out and you'll freeze in what you're wearing."

"You could have told me that before I was twisting myself like a pretzel." I mutter walking past him up to my room.

"You didn't ask." He replies chuckling to himself as he follows me upstairs.

"What shall I put on then?" I ask as I search in my wardrobe.

"Jeans, warm waterproof boots and a jumper will be fine...and a coat."

"Okay." I say grabbing my comfy jeans and boots before reaching up for my cute new jumper I bought last week. I change in my bathroom, re-applying some make up and brushing my hair quickly. As I come back into my room I hear Ash on his phone.

"Yea you too babe."

"I can't see you tomorrow it's Christmas and I'm with my family all day."

"Yea I can the day after for a little bit."

"No not all day, I'm spending the afternoon with Lyd."

"Because she's my best friend."

I roll my eyes and lie across my bed, my head resting on his lap as he finishes talking to the bitch.

"Yes she'll mind. No I'm only free until lunch."

"We have New Year's Eve to look forward to remember."

"Yes I'm coming to your party. Lyd's got an invite as well yea?"

"Great."

"Yea I've gotta go, speak to you later babe.

"Bye"

"Oh my god you can talk for bloody Britain." I moan getting up off my bed.

"Sorry Rach called whilst you were getting changed."

"It's fine, what did she want anyway?"

"For me to ditch you on Boxing Day and hang out with her."

"You're not right?"

"No, you heard me tell her that."

"Good. Now enough of her, where are we going?" I say grinning at him.

"You'll see." He says smiling back before heading out my room.

We wave to everyone as we leave; they're all in the living room playing giant jenga.

We get into his car, pulling out of my driveway and heading up the street and before I know it we've stopped. "Here we are." He says climbing out.

I glance around and notice we're outside his house. What the heck.

I get out after him and raise an eyebrow at him, but Ash just smirks at me before unlocking his front door. "We picking something up?" I ask.

"Nope, now come on."

As soon as we get into his house the door is shut behind us and I bump into Ash.

"You need to close your eyes Lou."

"Why? What's going on Ash?"

"It's a surprise."

"Is this my present?" I ask excitedly.

"Perhaps, now close your eyes."

I clamp my eyes shut and feel Ash move away from me. "I know you're dancing stupidly in front of me to see if I'm cheating, I'm not, I just know you well." I say grinning and hear Ash huff.

"Fine, okay. No peaking or I'm going to have to blindfold you."

"I won't peek I promise."

I feel him walk behind me and grab my waist, slowly pushing me forward and guiding me through his house. I knew his house like it was my own so by the time we'd stopped, I knew that we were stood by the back door.

I hear him unlock it before opening it, and I feel a gust of cold air hit me.

"Step." Ash says and I step outside onto the decking before being manoeuvred around. "Okay stay here for a second, I'll tell you know when you can open your eyes."

I nod my head as I feel him let go of my waist and move around. A few seconds later I hear a machine turn on and a puffing sort of noise. What the hell was this boy doing?

I jump at Ash placing his hands on my waist again and moving me forward. "Two steps down remember." He says as he leads me off the decking onto the grass. However I don't feel grass under my feet, it's soft and crunches.

"Okay Lou, you can open your eyes now, Merry Christmas."

I open my eyes and have to blink a few times to actually register what I'm looking at. My hands fly up to my mouth as I take in my surroundings in wonder.

"Do you like it?" I hear Ash ask from behind me and I swing around and jump on him. Wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his waist I hug him tight.

"Ash I love it, oh my god, thank you so much." I say squeezing him hard and placing a huge kiss on his cheek.

"Good." He grins putting me down.

I turn around again and take in what he's done for me. He's turned his back garden into a winter wonderland. There's snow absolutely everywhere. The machine I heard him turn on what the generator that made the snow, which was snow fluttering over us, as if it was actually snowing.

"I know how much you wanted it to snow and this was the only way I knew for certain that I could get it to happen for you." He says walking towards me smiling.

If it were possible, my love for him grew even more. My heart felt like it was about to explode from my chest. He did all this just to make me happy. I wish I could walk right up to him and kiss him, not on the cheek but right on his lips. Show him how much he means to me and how much I love him for doing all of this. But I couldn't, I couldn't risk our friendship. What if he didn't feel the same way? We could never go back to the way we used to be.

"Ash...I...I just. I don't even know what to say. This is perfect thank you." I sigh smiling over at him.

"You're welcome. Now catch." He grins throwing me a pair of thick gloves.

Once again I raise my eyebrow at him as I put them on.

"Fancy re-creating our snow day?" He asks with a smirk appearing on his face.

"Of course." I grin zipping my coat up properly.

"Great, because I know what I want to do first." He says as I turn around to face him.

"What?"

"SNOW FIGHT!!!" He shouts and I'm hit in the face with a snowball.

"Oh you're so dead." I shout rolling my own one up and throwing it at him but miss and quickly make another.

The rest of the afternoon was spent re-living our snow day; making a giant snowman that we HAD to name Olaf, lying in the snow and making snow angels. Moving the machine to one spot so we could build a snow forte; then once we were freezing, moving up onto his decking and making smores in his outdoor fire pit and drinking hot chocolate.

"Thanks for this Ash, it's been perfect. Just what I needed." I grin leaning my head on his shoulder.

"No problem, I had fun."

"Me too."

"You going to shut up about having snow now?" He asks laughing and I shake my head.

"Why would I want to do that?" I laugh and he joins in.

Today has been perfect and exactly why I love this boy who's my best friend. Not that I ever wish he wasn't, I just wish we had more.

We clean up our mess before we drive back to my house; where everyone was still drinking and chilling even though it was getting late.

"You enjoy your present Lyd?" Andy, Ash's dad asks me as we walk into the house.

"I loved it, thank you so much for letting Ash do that for me." I say hugging him. It was his back garden after all.

"Not a problem. We'll be having ourselves a white Christmas now thanks to you." He smiles taking another sip of his beer.

"You do realise that I'm coming back round again tomorrow?" I grin and he nods.

"Oh I know you and snow; you'll be round every day till it all melts."

"You've got that right." I laugh, Ash chuckling along beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"So who's up for a game of twister?" My brother Mason asks holding up the box.

"I'm in." Ash's sister Dana shouts,

"Me too." I say getting up off the sofa and putting down my glass of wine my dad had just passed me.

"I want to play." My dad says taking off his socks and falling on the floor, making us all crack up laughing and the game hadn't even begun.

"This I have to see." My mum laughs pouring herself another drink and sitting next to Ash's mum.

Christmas wasn't even here yet and this year was already perfect.

*~*~*

It was now New Year's Eve and I was moping around. "You need to snap out of this mood Lyd, it's New Year 's Eve." Ayla sighs, sitting down on the bed next to me.

"I know, but I just can't believe he asked her out. We had such a perfect Christmas Eve together and then he meets up with her and eugh...it's just not fair."

"I know babe."

"And it even snowed for them." I whisper, feeling my eyes water at the memory.

Ash had met up with Rachel on the morning of Boxing Day to hang out, then again later on that night after he left me. That night he'd taken her on a date to some restaurant and then for a walk in the park. As they were walking around it actually started to snow, then he asked her out. It was like a scene from a chickflick. I unfortunately had to hear all about it the next day when Rachel had 'popped' round to Ash's whilst we were hanging out. He hadn't told me yet that they were dating; I found out for myself when I went downstairs to see what was taking him so long and Rachel was practically dry humping him on the sofa. She didn't even look embarrassed as I coughed to break them apart, she just babbled about how she wanted to see her boyfriend after he 'so romantically' asked her out last night in the snow. I quickly made my excuses and left. I wasn't letting her see me upset.

"Tonight you're forgetting all about Ash okay." Lois says walking into Ayla's room with Georgia.

"But..."

"No buts Lyd, tonight we're going to Rachel's party and we're going to have fun. And hopefully find us some boys to kiss."

"Fine." I sigh. "But I don't have anything to wear."

"Of course you do, you're a bloody designer. You've got a wardrobe full of dresses and outfits you've made but never worn." Georgia laughs opening up my full to the brim wardrobe.

"How about this?" She says pulling out a black and gold backless dress.

"Yes, oh my god you have to wear this." Ayla shouts jumping off my bed and grabbing it. "Because if you don't I will."

"I do like this dress." I smile taking it off her and admiring it.

"When the hell did you make this?" She asks

"A few months ago maybe, I had the idea in my head and sketched it out. Rummaged around my draws to see what material I had here and made it that night. I put it in here and just forgot about it."

"Well you have to wear this; every guy is going to want you when they see you tonight."

"I don't want every guy though do I; I just want the one I can't have."

"You can have him; you just need to tell him." Lois says smiling at me.

"Not happening guys. You know he just sees me as his friend."

"Well then he's stupid."

I smile at all their encouragement, but it was just hard. They didn't know what it was like to see someone you love, kiss and touch other girls when you long for it to be you.

The party started at eight but not wanting to be one of the first there we show up at nine thirty. My dress fit me like a glove, I was nervous about wearing it because of how low the back went and I could only wear a sticky bra to cover my boobs but the girls assured me I looked amazing. I teamed it with Lois's chunky black heels and my gold purse. As the back of my dress held a lot of detail I didn't need too much jewellery. My hair was lightly curled and fell around my shoulders whilst my eyes had a smoky effect with light gold shimmer; just enough to give my eyes a nice kick. I felt confident which was the booster I needed going into my best friend's girlfriends house.

Ayla had on a gorgeous electric blue dress that flowed to the floor at the back but was around her knees at the front. Lois went for the classic LBD with bold red statement jewellery and heels. And Georgia was in a stunning sequined off the shoulder dress. We all look great and they were all on the prowl tonight, they wanted a midnight kiss.

Our taxi drops us off outside, you can hear the music pounding away but couldn't tell which house it was coming from. This street seemed to be the place to be this New Years, it seemed like most of the street were having parties.

The door opens as we reach it, quickly dodging two guys fighting and falling onto the front lawn. Ignoring the two drunken lads we head inside the packed out house, walking straight to the kitchen for drinks. All Rachel had asked was to bring your own bottle; she'd provide the mixers and everything else which was fair. We'd started earlier on cocktails so we were sticking to vodka tonight, I didn't want to end up too drunk. Pouring ourselves our drinks we place our bottle of vodka in the freezer which was empty apart from some veggies and ice cream. Hopefully no one would find it in here.

"Let's get our dance on girls." Lois grins, pulling Ayla towards the make shift dance floor as Georgia and I follow.

I haven't see Ash yet, I told him I'd meet him here rather than have him pick us up. We finish our drinks rather quickly so head back to the kitchen grab a couple more. That's when I see Ash. He's pressed up against the kitchen counter as Rachel is sat on it, his tongue down her throat.

I turn quickly and grab a shot out of the nearest boys hand. "Thanks for that." I say after coughing. Wow that was strong.

"No problem, want another?" He asks and I nod. The girls catching on what I'd witnessed joined in with the next round.

"Don't let him ruin your night okay." Ayla whispers and I nod, downing the shot before I could think of what I'd seen. The tearing of my heart was all I could feel and I had to stop that feeling as it would make me want to curl up into a ball and cry.

I take one more shot before drinking down my vodka and orange. I was definitely feeling a little buzzed.

"Take it easy there Lou." Ash says taking the bottle of vodka out my hand as I begin to pour myself another drink.

"I'm fine." I smile over at him, "Just getting a little tipsy that's all."

"Uh huh." He replies making my drink a little weaker than that I wanted.

"You look gorgeous." He smiles taking my hand and pulling me away from the table to see my dress.

"Thanks." I grin at him, it's the littlest things he says that make my heart race. He twirls me around and freezes me as my back is facing him.

"Jesus Lou...how low...wow"

"Don't you think she looks amazing tonight Ash?" Ayla says tugging my hand from Ash's.

"Yea of course, but that's a little low Ay. Do you even have underwear on?" He asks harshly.

"Of course I do." I reply spinning around to see him eyeing up my outfit.

"I'm just worried what guys will think when they see you in this."

"That she looks amazing and want to be her midnight kiss. That was the plan." Lois chips in.

"No guy is getting close to her tonight in this dress. I know what they're going to want and a kiss isn't it."

"You're not my brother Ash so stop acting like it. If I want to kiss some random boy I will and if I want more than ill do it."

"The hell you will." He says pulling me towards him.

"Guys only want one thing from girls in dresses like yours...."

"Yea, it's usually your type right Ash?" I reply scowling at him. "Oh no I'm sorry, they're usually in just a thong and nipple tassels."

"Lou..." he says sighing.

"No don't Ash, I love this dress and I love how confident I feel in it. I'm not showing anything revealing, which can't be said for your girlfriend whose dress looks like her boobs are about to fall out the top of it."

"I'm just looking out for you."

"Well stop it." I say turning around and picking up my drink. I take the bottle of vodka from Georgia and top it up some more before downing it in one.

"Now girls let's dance." I say pulling Ayla through to where we just were.

I reach the dance floor and I'm pulled into a familiar pair of arms. "Ash leave me alone."

"No, I'm sorry. I just want to apologise for what just happened. I'm just really protective over you. I know what guys want and what they're thinking. You're my best friend Lou, I don't want anything bad to happen."

"Nothing will, I'm not drunk im just tipsy and was having a great night."

"I'm sorry, have fun. Find me after midnight okay?" He says and I nod wrapping my arms around him to hug him tight.

"You do look gorgeous tonight by the way." He whispers down my ear as he runs his hand down my back. "Just like you always do."

My heart starts beating so fast, butterflies fill my stomach and goosebumps cover my body. I love what he does to me.

"Thank you." I reply and he grins before the bitch joins us. With that he's pulled away by Rachel who glares at me.

"Come on, let's grab a couple more shots and dance." Georgia says pulling my hand and taking us back to the kitchen.

Ten minutes later we're dancing again and I'm leaning more towards being drunk than tipsy now. But I was feeling good, I knew where I was and what was going on, I hated when I didn't feel in control. That's when things got scary.

"Hey gorgeous." Someone attempts to whisper down my ear. I see the girls gawking behind me, going wow, hopefully a good sign.

I slowly turn and have to catch myself from dropping my jaw to the floor; this boy is the definition of drop dead gorgeous. He's nice and tall, has hazel eyes to match his chocolate brown hair. He's got lickable sun kissed skin and perfect kissable lips. He's wearing black jeans, a very snug fit white top and a black jacket. The very nicely snug top definitely allows the definition of his toned stomach to show. I mustn't have been discrete in checking him out as he grins at me, showing me his gorgeous set of pearly whites and to top him all off, his dimples. The boy freakin has dimples, holy cow.

"Hey." I smile up at him.

"So, are you done checking me out?" He asks cheekily and I shake my head which makes him raise his eyebrow at me.

"I haven't checked out your backside, turn around." I reply laughing, as does he.

He obliges and does a slow spin for me and the back is just as nice as the front.

"That okay for you?" He grins and I nod.

"That was great thanks, I'm Lydia."

"Chase." He smiles taking my hand and placing a kiss on it. "Can I get you a drink?"

I raise my cup up at him, and shake my head. "Okay, how about a dance?"

"Now that I can do." I smile as he brings my body closer to his.

I turn my head and see the girls wink at me and I chuckle as I continue to dance with Chase. Soon enough the music is being turned down and the TV turned on, there was sixty seconds till midnight. Holy crap the night has gone so quick. After that first dance with Chase we went for another drink and sat on the porch swing for a little bit just talking before heading back inside to dance some more. I found out that he was in university and friends with Rachel's brother's roommate or something along those lines. I wondered why I hadn't seen him around college; I mean he's definitely a boy you don't forget easily.

As the countdown hit ten, I felt fingers link with mine and a hand on my waist. Turning I look up to see Chase smiling down at me. Could I really kiss him when I really wanted my midnight kiss to go to my best friend?

I turn to where the girls were stood and they had already paired off with some boys and kissing them, then I clock Ash. He's sat on the sofa with Rachel straddling him, hands all over her as he brings in the New Year with his girlfriend. My heart splitting again, I turn to face Chase with two seconds to go and grab the back of his neck. My fingers latch onto his hair and pull his lips towards mine as the clock strikes midnight. I feel his hands rest on either side of my waist before one slides around my back and grips the back of my neck, the other resting on the top of my bum. I'm spun around as Chase's tongue invades my mouth, my back now pressing up against the wall as Chase continues to kiss the hell out of me. Pulling away for air I smile up at him as he does the same. Moving my hair away from my face he leans in and kisses me again. As much as my heart is breaking right now, this is the perfect antidote.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              **END OF FLASHBACK**

*~*~*~*

FINALLY A NEW PART!

Let me know what you think :)

[Comment/Vote/Share/Follow Me]

Thanks for reading..x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.1K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...
53.5K 2.6K 84
***Currently being edited, also adding alot of juicy stuff*** When 18 year old Ashton, moves schools her senior year after her mother and fathers div...
1.3K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...
175K 8.1K 24
Luke is in love with his best friend, Ashton Irwin. He constantly finds himself getting stuck in situations where he feels exposed to his feelings an...