The Royal Stranger

By varshachindam

Vrishali was popularly known as the life of the party. She had a natural ability to make friends with anyone... More

Welcome
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Royal Commoner

22

19.2K 1K 29
By varshachindam

"Kamma gani dadaji(grandpa)."
"Gani kamma."

"Kamma gani dadiji(grandma)."

"Gani kamma."

"Is everything okay Pacho? You wanted to talk about something important?" Falguni Singh asked looking at Padmanabh.

"Everything is good dadima (grandma), I wanted to talk about Vrishali," Padmanabh spoke serving the tea for his grandparents.

"Vrishali? Vrishali ko kya hua?" Falguni Singh asked in worry.

(What happened to Vrishali?)

"No dadima (grandma) Vrishali is good. You don't have to worry."

"Then what is the matter that you wanted to talk with us? Did you two fought?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"No, we didn't fight. I came here to tell that I want to send Vrishali to her parents home, to New York."

"If you didn't fight, what is the reason behind sending her to New York?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"Vrishali misses her family and college. She is taking online classes, I don't want her to miss her college life. She is still a kid, I believe that she has all rights to go to college. She don't have to stay here and finish her education online."

"I never denied you two, I want you two to agree on what I'm saying. Vrishali will be staying in New York till her graduation then she will be returning to India," Padmanabh spoke.

Falguni Singh looked at her husband Sawai Bhawani Singh. They shared a look before looking at Padmanabh.

"Are you going to live alone without Vrishali?" Falguni Singh asked.

"Yes dadima (grandma)."

"You want to send her to New York because you don't want her to miss her college life? No other reason behind sending her to New York?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"Yes dadasa (grandpa)."

"Hmm, Vrishali is a young and good lady. Even we don't want her to feel sad, if you want to send her then do as you wish but remember if I find out that you are sending her to New York because your mum wanted then I would disband you from entering here," Sawai Bhawani Singh spoke sternly.

"Thank you."

"Pacho, do you like Vrishali? We need to know if you like her or not," Falguni Singh asked. Padmanabh's ear turned pink as both the elders kept looking at him waiting for an answer.

"Hmm, yes I like Vrishali but I don't want to tell her yet," Padmanabh spoke with flushed cheeks. His grandparents chuckled nodding their heads.

"We respect your decisions," Sawai Bhawani Singh said.

"When is she leaving?" Falguni Singh asked.

"I didn't tell her, I will inform her. In these two days as her first semester exams are nearing," Padmanabh said.

"Okay."

"Did you tell your parents?" Sawai Bhawani Singh asked.

"No, I informed you two after speaking with Vrishali's parents. They are keeping it a surprise for Vrishali. They are happy with the decision."

"Good, let's have dinner together tonight. You two be there by nine," Sawai Bhawani Singh said.

"Yes dadasa (grandpa)"

Diya Kumari stopped listening to his son's words. She stood up straight and walked to the other side knowing Padmanabh would be stepping out soon.

"Vrishali is going back to New York," Diya Kumari told herself with a huge smile on her face.

She was going to meet Padmanabh when she heard that he came to the city palace. She didn't expect to hear all this, she is happy that she heard about it.

"I will be leaving now, I have some work in the office," Padmanabh said standing up. He touched the feet of his grandparents before leaving.

He feels heavy just thinking about Vrishali going back to New York. He told himself that's it's okay and she will be back soon.

Padmanabh was always alone, Vrishali entered his life like a little girl. Without him knowing he always felt the urge and need to look after her because of the age gap and also when he saw the dislike of his mother towards Vrishali.

She is twenty years old and never lived in India that made him think about her a lot. He saw her as a little kid from the day he saw her in the Samode Palace. Trying to make her feel comfortable and spending time with her made him feel attached to her.

Padmanabh is attached to Vrishali and now he isn't okay with the feeling.

*

Vrishali yawned grabbing her phone, she wore jeans and a marvel t-shirt. She walked out of her room closing the door behind. Padmanabh is standing in front of his door.

"Why are we going to the city palace?" Vrishali asked as they started walking.

"Dadaji (grandpa) and dadima (grandma) invited us for dinner."

"Oh, why all of sudden?" Vrishali asked looking at Padmanabh. For some reasons, he is being distant from Vrishali.

Vrishali observed that he is standing far away from her, he isn't responding to her talks. Usually, he would talk and start a conversation.

But from a few days, he is zooming out or giving her one-word answers. Vrishali doesn't know what's going on with him. Or if something happened.

They got into the car, Vrishali buckled her seatbelt. Padmanabh started driving without talking or muttering a word.

Vrishali looked out of the window watching the passing scene. She can feel the bad vibes and something about the dinner doesn't feel right.

They reached the city palace, the guards bowed their head in respect and greeted Padmanabh and Vrishali.

Padmanabh and Vrishali greeted them back respectfully. Vrishali followed Padmanabh silently.

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

The greetings are exchanged and blessings are taken. Diya Kumari and Narendra are yet to come. Vrishali needs to use the washroom as she got periods in the morning.

"I will be back," Vrishali said standing up. Padmanabh and Sawai Bhawani Singh are talking about something.

Vrishali started walking towards the hallway where there is a common restroom. Vrishali used the washroom, stood in front of the mirror for two minutes just gazing at her reflection.

"Nothing's gonna happen. I'm just thinking too much," Vrishali told herself opening the door. She started walking but stopped when she heard her name.

"I'm telling you the truth, Padmanabh is sending Vrishali back to New York! I heard it with my own ears, he said he doesn't like Vrishali and couldn't feel the bond with her. That's the reason he decided to send her to New York so that he can live alone," Diya Kumari spoke to her husband Narendra Singh.

Vrishali's heart started beating fast a cold shiver ran throughout her body listening to the words. She didn't mean to eavesdrop, she heard it on her way.

"Diya, what are you talking about? Don't talk rubbish. We all know how much Padmanabh adores Vrishali, we saw it too. Don't spread lies," Narendra Singh said.

"I'm not lying, see yourself. The reason why sasu-ma (mother-in-law) and sasu-sa (father-in-law) planned a sudden dinner is because Padmanabh came in the morning to talk with them. He told them that it's better to end it in the beginning rather than living all their lives like strangers," Diya Kumari said knowing clearly that Vrishali is standing near the wall.

She knowingly started speaking about that when she saw Vrishali going to the restroom.

Vrishali can't believe what she is listening to, she doesn't want to trust whatever Diya Kumari said. Taking a deep breath she went to the sitting area where everyone sat.

'is he really going to send me back to New York?'

'he doesn't feel any connection with her?'

'what about the dinners and cooking together? Isn't it a bond?'

"Dinner will be served, let us go to the dining room," Sawai Bhawani Singh said.

"Yes."

They stood up to go to the dining room. Padmanabh glanced at Vrishali to see her zoned out. His brows frowned in confusion but he didn't say anything.

Everyone got settled in their seats, Diya Kumari and Narendra Singh entered the dining room.

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

"Kamma gani."

"Gani kamma."

"God bless you, dear."

The head ladies of the royal kitchen started serving the food. Vrishali played her hands under the table as many thoughts run into her mind.

Everyone started eating, Vrishali blankly looked at her plate before taking a spoon full of food in her mouth. Diya Kumari gazed at her son and at Vrishali before smiling evilly.

"I have an announcement to make," Padmanabh spoke placing his spoon down. Vrishali's nervousness sky rocked hearing that.

"I have decided that it would be great if Vrishali goes back to college. She is still young and I don't feel good that she has to sacrifice her life back in New York just because she is married. Vrishali will go back to New York to finish her studies," Padmanabh spoke looking at everyone.

Vrishali's heart dropped hearing that, whatever Diya Kumari spoke is true. Padmanabh doesn't want to be blunt that's the reason he is making up a story.

Vrishali rolled her lower lip inside her mouth looking at her plate blankly.

"That's a good decision Pacho, Vrishali needs to live in New York. I'm happy that you are sending her to her home," Diya Kumari said. Vrishali can understand the underneath message.

"Vrishali beti (daughter) are you happy with the decision? We don't want you to feel tied down. You have every right to live your life the way you want. We all know you miss your family and college. Pacho decided that it would be best if you continue your offline schooling," Falguni Singh said.

Vrishali taking a deep breath looked up with a fake smile on her face. "I'm happy with the decision, can't wait to go home."

Everyone smiled nodding their heads. Vrishali didn't make any eye contact with Padmanabh. She is too broken and happy but at the same time, she is confused about what to believe.

"Ma'am, Harika ma'am is here." The royal guard said.

"Call her in Ramu, I have invited her," Falguni Singh said.

Padmanabh closed his eyes knowing clearly what thoughts are running in Vrishali's mind. He can read her like an open book. She isn't even making eye contact with him.

Vrishali is clearly ignoring him, he is telling himself that it's okay but something in him wants her attention on him.

Vrishali clicked her tongue to the roof of her mouth. She is irritated with everyone and surely she doesn't want to meet Harika.

Harika walked in with a huge smile on her face. She greeted everyone before taking the seat opposite Vrishali.

"Harika, do you know Vrishali is going to New York to finish her studies," Diya Kumari said.

"Oh really? That's awesome news. Are you happy to go back home Vrishali? I heard from Padmanabh that you were missing your family," Harika spoke.

Vrishali looked at Padmanabh before looking at Harika.

'oh, so he even told Harika about this.'

"Yes, I'm happy to go home."

Vrishali stayed quiet all the while Harika and others spoke. She can hardly eat the food. If she doesn't eat it would be considered disrespectful in the royal house.

Vrishali spoke with Falguni Singh while Padmanabh stood with his father and grandfather. Diya Kumari is talking with Harika. Padmanabh glanced at Vrishali, she is looking at the ground or simply nodding his head.

"Don't worry dear, just be happy and enjoy your college life. Padmanabh personally spoke to us after taking the decision. He truly doesn't want to see you miss your college life," Falguni Singh spoke.

Vrishali nodded her head with a fake smile on her face. She doesn't want to be here, she needs some rest. A part of her is excited that she would be going back to her life where she can go to her college, meet her parents and go to all the parties she ever planned of.

The other part is sad that Padmanabh took the decision alone and sending her to New York when they recently bonded with each other. Vrishali became too comfortable around Padmanabh, she got attached to him.

She developed feelings for him and now she is parting away from him. All these emotions are making her emotional. She wants to go home and sleep.

"Pacho, Harika didn't drive here. Drop her at her home," Sawai Bhawani Singh spoke.

"Sure dadasa (grandpa)"

Vrishali took the blessings from Falguni Singh and Sawai Bhawani Singh. Vrishali started walking out followed by Padmanabh. Harika looked at Padmanabh and Vrishali before following them out.

Vrishali didn't utter a word, she got into the car buckled her seatbelt. She leaned against the seat closing her eyes. Padmanabh clenched his jaw opening the car door.

He closed the door, buckled his seat belt. Harika got in and stayed quiet, she can feel the tension in the air. Padmanabh started driving and no one uttered a word.

"Thank you Padmanabh, go safe," Harika said getting down the car when they reached her home. Padmanabh nodded his head before starting driving.

he glanced at Vrishali who is facing the window with her arms crossed. He wants to talk to her but he knew she doesn't want to talk with him.

They reached their home, Vrishali got out of the car and started walking towards the home. She looked at the house as the first time she entered here started playing in her mind.

She slowly walked observing the hallways and corridors. Padmanabh followed Vrishali slowly, he will be missing her for sure.

"Vrishali..." Padmanabh spoke but Vrishali ignored him.

"Thank you for sending me and I want to rest now," Vrishali said looking at the ground when they reached her room.

"V-" Vrishali opened her door and went inside without giving Padmanabh a chance to talk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 10.4K 56
Some people enter our life so unexpectedly at a time we never expect. They make a serious impact in our life but then they leave. But very few time...
318K 11K 56
*𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐒𝐚𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞π₯* The whole world had stopped for them and all they could hear was their racing heartbeats after all they were in each o...
41.4K 1.7K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...
95K 3.9K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...