The Royal Stranger

By varshachindam

Vrishali was popularly known as the life of the party. She had a natural ability to make friends with anyone... More

Welcome
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
A page from my journal
The Royal Commoner

19

20.9K 1.1K 77
By varshachindam

Padmanabh is signing the documents when Vijay walked in.

"Good morning," Vijay said walking over to sit in the chair.

"Good morning." Padmanabh closed the documents and looked at Vijay.

"We checked the site, it will take around six months to finish the work. Almost three months for the renovations to be done inside and outside, another three months to construct the new borders and rooms" Vijay said opening the file.

"Minimalist design or you have your own choices?" Vijay asked.

"Have you seen the Roop palace, want to renovate Amal palace like Roop palace but some changes have to be done," Padmanabh said.

"You don't have any choices?"

"No, I need to visit the place. I will tell you once I get the ideas."

"Good, Harika made some plans but we will discuss them after your visit the place."

"Okay, see you later. Got some important meetings to attend," Vijay spoke closing his file.

"Hmm."

"You got any plans today?" Vijay asked.

"I will be going now to pick up Vrishali and to drop her at home."

"Why isn't she home?" Vijay asked.

"She went to her grandparents home and stayed over for two days."

"Oh, cool. If possible let's have dinner together. Tell Vrishali to join too," Vijay spoke.

"Hmm." Vijay left the room and Tarun entered the office with another set of files.

"These are the files from the accounting department," Tarun said placing the files on the table.

"I will go through the files once I'm back. Here, hand over these files to the management department," Padmanabh spoke handing the files he signed.

"You will be back by?"

"In an hour."

"We have a meeting with the purchase department in the afternoon," Tarun reminded Padmanabh.

"At two o clock," Tarun added.

"Okay." He unlocked his desk placing the new files Tarun brought inside.

Padmanabh stood up with his phone and car keys. Vrishali texted him a while ago to pick her up by eleven.

He thought she would be returning yesterday but she wanted to stay another day. Padmanabh told her that she can invite her cousins to stay over at their place.

By the time he reached Samode palace, he didn't see anyone. He parked his car, stepped out and made his way inside the palace. He texted Vrishali that he reached and is waiting for her in the living hall.

"Kammi gani, kya aap kuchh chai ya coffee lena chaahenge?" Malini asked Padmanabh.

(Hello, would you like to have some tea or coffee?)

"Gani Kamma, I will have water please," Padmanabh replied politely.

"Sasu ma(mother-in-law), sasu sa (father-in-law)went to a meeting. Aaj tho app khaana khake hi jahiye," Malini said.

(You should have lunch with us before you leave)

"Maybe next time-"

"No...No... We are not listening to anything. This is your lunchtime, you have to stay we insist," Gaganspoke.

"Yes, you have to stay," Malini said. Vrishali walked into the living room with her cousins.

"Kamma Gani jiju-sa(brother-in-law)."

"Gani kamma." They all greeted Padmanabh and he greeted them back.

"You are having lunch with us right?" Vrishali asked Padmanabh. Vrishali looked at him with those puppy eyes and he wouldn't say no to her.

"Hmm-Yes," Padmanabh replied and Vrishali smiled looking at him.

"Good they prepared so many dishes for you," Vrishali whispered.

"Manav, call everyone to the dining area," Malini said.

"Ji Tai," Manav said going to call his parents. (Yes aunty)

"This way," Hardik spoke pointing the way. Padmanabh and Vrishali started walking towards the dining area.

This is the second time that Padmanabh is having lunch in Samode Palace. The last time he had lunch in Samode palace was with his family when his wedding with Vrishali got fixed.

Padmanabh sat beside Vrishali, Riddi sat beside Vrishali to her left. Hardik sat beside his mother Malini.

Everyone settled down in their chairs. The only people who are missing is Radhika, Simrita and Om Prakash.

"Kamma gani," Janaki greeted Padmanabh entering the dining room.

"Gani Kamma," Padmanabh greeted.

Vrishali believed that greeting everyone can tire you out. Padmanabh kept greeting as everyone walked into the dining room one by one.

A few of them aren't present in the home as they went to the office. Radhika and Simrita are there but they didn't join the lunch.

Padmanabh listened as Vrishali's aunts spoke. He flushed a few times as they made him talk or involved him in their funny talks.

Vrishali couldn't hold her laugh so she laughed whenever her aunts asked any funny question.

"Why don't you two stay? It would be good if you stay for dinner," Malini said when they are done with the lunch.

"I have some work and meetings to attend. I apologize but we will visit and stay for dinner," Padmanabh said.

"See you guys next week," Vrishali said hugging Riddi and Nandhini.

"See you next week," Riddi said.

"See ya," Nandhini said.

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Go safe."

"Bye everyone, take care!" Vrishali said after hugging her aunts and uncle.

Vrishali got into the car with her bag. Padmanabh bid his byes before getting into the car. Vrishali put on her seatbelt, watched Padmanabh reverse the car.

Her gaze shifted to his big hands on the steering wheel. It is a hot sight to see him reverse the car.

"Your cousins didn't return to their hostels?" Padmanabh asked breaking the silence.

"Nah, they were actually leaving this week but didn't go. They will be going next week," Vrishali answered.

"Why?"

"Next week Radhika is getting engaged, her engagement ceremony is on Monday," Vrishali said.

"Oh okay."

"Oh? You don't know about her engagement?" Vrishali asked in surprise. She believed that Padmanabh would've known Radhika's engagement.

Padmanabh glanced at Vrishali before looking back at the road.

"Why would I know about Radhika's engagement?"

"Because it's your mum who brought the marriage proposal and she is the one who suggested Simrita tai (aunt) and Om Prakash taya (uncle).

"Ah? I don't have any idea about that," Padmanabh said honestly. He doesn't know that his mother match fixed it. He knew that she is close with Radhika and her mother.

"Hmm yeah. Dadu and dadi went to meet the grandparents of the groom."

"Manav studies in Jaipur?" Padmanabh asked after a while. He halted the car when the traffic signal turned red.

"Manav's college is in Kota." Vrishali placed her bag in the back seat and got comfortable in her seat.

"Good, what about your sisters?" Padmanabh asked. Honestly, he isn't interested in knowing about her cousins. He wants to talk with Vrishali and to continue the conversation he needs to ask about something.

For some reasons, he got habituated to talking with Vrishali. It feels good to talk with someone after a tiring day of silence and work.

"Riddi didi (sis) studies in Jaipur, Nandhini Didi is doing her master's in London. This is her last year, she will be returning next year. Hardik bhaiyya presently helping Gagan taya(uncle). Aadi bhaiyya (brother) is doing his culinary course in Sydney," Vrishali explained.

"Aadi is the brother of Hardik?"

"Yes, Hardik bhaiyya and Aadi bhaiyya are siblings."

"Where are you going after dropping me at home?" Vrishali asked. She doesn't want to admit but she missed seeing his beard face for one day.

"I need to visit Amal palace."

"Oh, the work started in the Amal palace?" Vrishali asked.

"Vijay went yesterday to check the property. He asked me to check the property so that I can tell him what renovations have to be done."

"Vijay is working on the property?"

"Yes, I gave the contract to Vijay and his company."

"Good."

Vrishali wanted to ask if Harika is involved in the contract but that would be rude to ask him. So she stayed quiet.

"Hmm, do you mind if I join you?" Vrishali asked Padmanabh.

Padmanabh turned his head observed Vrishali before nodding his head.

"I don't." Vrishali smiled at him before shifting her gaze to the window.

Padmanabh took a U-turn to go to the Amal palace which is away from the main city. The main roads of the city are bustling with vehicles and heavy traffic.

"I never thought there will be tourists visiting Jaipur in the summer months. Mostly they prefer the winter season when the weather is moderate," Vrishali said.

"Summer season is the offseason, the prices go down so tourists visit Rajasthan on budget," Padmanabh explained.

"Oh, make sense."

Rajasthan is one of the hottest states of India because of the Thar desert. The temperature in the summer months is high that people don't step out of their homes.

"Is Amal palace on the outskirts of the city?" Vrishali asked.

"Yes, it's a twenty minutes drive from the city palace," Padmanabh replied.

"Oh."

"Amal palace was given to Dadi Ji (grandma) and she passed it to me on my birthday."

"Wow, that's a good birthday gift." Padmanabh smiled nodding his head.

"I will take you to Roop palace one day. It's a hotel which belongs to Naina Didi(sister). It was her birthday present from dadaji (grandpa)."

"I think I heard about Roop palace, it's in Jaisalmer right?" Vrishali asked.

"Yes, it's in Jaisalmer. An eight-hour road journey from Jaipur." Jaisalmer is a district in Rajasthan which is famous for its desert safari.

They reached the Amal palace, Vrishali got down looking at the entrance of the property.

"Wait here, I will go and talk with the guards."

"Okay." Vrishali waited for Padmanabh as he went to talk with the guards. She pulled her phone out to click the picture.

So many renovations have to be done, Amal palace isn't a huge property like other palaces of the royal family.

It's not a small property either, the location is perfect for a getaway from the city.

"This way," Padmanabh came back after a while.

"Be careful, it's rocky. The floors cracked because of rains."

"This property was used as a picnic palace but now it's empty," Padmanabh spoke.

Vrishali nodded her head observing the whole place. The inside of the palace is good, if renovations are made it would be great.

"The palace is of five floors. There are thirty rooms in total and every floor got its own hall," Padmanabh explained showing the ground floor.

"I'm thinking to convert these rooms into the suite. Every floor will be having two suits and we will be merging the rooms together," Padmanabh said.

"Oh."

Padmanabh showed everything, by the time they reached the top floor Vrishali was done.

"What you think? You want to suggest anything?" Padmanabh asked. Vrishali sat on the step looking at the sun.

The view from the top is breathtaking, it would be so good to watch a sunset from here.

"Will you consider if I give you an idea?" Vrishali asked. Many thoughts ran into her mind after observing every room.

"Yes."

"Hmm, why don't you use this palace as a backpackers hostel?" Vrishali suggested.

"Can you explain in detail?"

"Basically these days backpacking became famous. Students want to backpack once in a while and there are many people who are travelling a lot on budget. I mean if you convert this palace into hotel suits, only in seasons people will make the bookings but if you use this as backpackers hostel, many people will love to make their bookings."

"You can convert the rooms into dormitories, private rooms and also use one floor for royal suits. This rooftop can be converted into a rooftop cafe, people who are going to stay here will enjoy the sunset. The property is good, even the local students can come here for a getaway or a weekend with their friends. It will be easy for them to stay in dormitories on budget."

"For example, there are backpackers hostels like Zostel, the hostellers, backpackers etc..." Vrishali explained.

Padmanabh keenly listened to Vrishali. He likes her idea, he have never thought of a backpackers hostel but that wouldn't be a bad idea.

He already has hotels with suits but running a backpackers hostel never crossed his mind. It would be a change in his life and a new side of using his property.

Vrishali pulled her phone and stood up, walked over to Padmanabh to show him how it works.

"This is Zostel's official page on Instagram," Vrishali said showing Padmanabh the page where they posted thousands of pictures. Padmanabh leaned down, stepped closer to see the pictures.

"It's actually a good idea. I will talk with Vijay or even better if you join me and explain your ideas to him. He will work with his team," Padmanabh said.

"Does that mean you are going to convert this palace as a backpackers hostel?" Vrishali asked excitedly.

"Yes." Both of them turned their head to look at each other.

Vrishali's eyes widen when she saw Padmanabh's face up close to him. Her cheeks flushed and Padmanabh immediately stepped away.

"A- do you want to see the backyard?" Padmanabh asked awkwardly.

"Yes." Vrishali rolled her lower lip inside her mouth following Padmanabh.

"The backyard is pretty much big, we can have a swimming pool here," Vrishali said.

"Even I thought about swimming pool," Padmanabh said standing on the steps. Vrishali is standing on the step down to his. What they don't know is that the steps are cracked.

The step which Padmanabh stood couldn't bear his weight as it shook alerting Padmanabh. He took a step but ended up losing his footing.

Vrishali isn't aware of it as she was busy watching the sight. Padmanabh fell straight taking Vrishali with him. As soon as Padmanabh's weight fell on Vrishali she lost her balance.

Padmanabh changed his position making Vrishali fall on him. He closed his eyes in pain when Vrishali's knee hit his private region.

Vrishali kissed Padmanabh's neck, Padmanabh is too busy in pain that he didn't realise their position or Vrishali's lips on his open neck.

"Ugh, are you okay?" Vrishali asked in concern. She is still laying on Padmanabh.

"Hmm yes," Padmanabh tried to hide the pain.

His heart started beating fast when her leg pressed against his private region. Vrishali rolled over getting off Padmanabh. Both of them became too shy to look at each other.

"I'm sorry, did you get hurt?" Padmanabh asked standing up even though he is in little pain.

"No, it's okay. I fell on you, you must be hurt?" Vrishali said.

"No, I'm fine. The step was broken and it couldn't handle my weight. I tried to balance but lost my footing. I sincerely apologize for what happened."

"It's okay... Don't worry about it." They couldn't look at each other in the eye and ignored looking at each other.

Padmanabh looked at his wristwatch, "hmm, I will drop you home. I have a meeting to attend in the office," Padmanabh said.

"Sure." Vrishali turned around and walking to where they came from.

Unintentionally Padmanabh's gaze went to her back. She is wearing those denim jeans, Padmanabh blinked his eyes with flushed cheeks when he remembered that his hands were pressed on her bum when they fell.

'I didn't do it intentionally,' Padmanabh told himself.

*

Padmanabh walked to the meeting room where everyone is waiting for him. He opened the doors and all the members stood up in respect.

"Please sit down, I appreciate your patience," Padmanabh spoke going over to his chair.

Tarun's eyes widen when he saw the lipstick stain on Padmanabh's neck which is clearly visible.

The purchase department members blinked their eyes looking at each other when they saw the lipstick stain on their boss's neck.

Padmanabh who isn't aware of the lipstick mark opened the files to check the names.

"Please start the presentations," Padmanabh spoke.

"Yes sir."

Pranay stood from his chair to give the presentation, he handed his file to Padmanabh before going over to the projector.

The meeting went on seriously without any disturbance. Padmanabh spoke to them and asked the questions.

The members tried to unsee what they have seen but they couldn't. Padmanabh realised that something is on his neck at the beginning of the meeting when they gave attention to his neck.

He didn't want to check what's on his neck so he didn't give much attention to it.

"I see progress, keep up with the good work. Have a good evening, you may all leave now," Padmanabh spoke.

Once everyone left Tarun looked at Padmanabh.

"There is a lipstick stain on your neck," Tarun spoke.

"What?" Padmanabh's brows frowned in confusion. He opened the camera on his phone to check. True to his words there is a red lip stain of Vrishali's. He became flushed knowing that all his employees saw that stain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 8.7K 112
Warning : This story is intended for readers aged 18 and above. It contains explicit content, including violence and marital rape, which may be offen...
89.2K 6.5K 11
Sometimes we all become unwanted by someone we wanted the most. The pain, torture, suffering, anxiety, yearning we all go through is invisible to oth...
204K 13.3K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
1.9M 120K 56
Chitra, has always been the forgotten princess, neither the king nor the kingdom remembers her, probably as her mother was never a royal. Her life wa...