Pan's Redemption

By MadisonRose23

When Wendy arrives to Neverland, it is not at all like she expected. The sweet stories she had read in books... More

Chapter 1 ~London*
Chapter 2 ~Shadow*
Chapter 3 ~Alone*
Chapter 4 ~Pan's Call*
Chapter 5 ~Lost Girl*
Chapter 6 ~Trust*
*Author's Note*
Chapter 7 ~Hook*
Chapter 8 ~Finding Her*
Chapter 9 ~Hour Glass*
Chapter 10 ~Mermaids*
Chapter 11 ~Prisoner*
*Authors Note #2*
Chapter 12 ~Caged*
Chapter 13 ~Felix*
Chapter 14 ~Let Me Out*
Chapter 15 ~Magic*
*Authors Note #3*
Chapter 16 ~Tinkerbell*
Chapter 17 ~Pixie Dust*
Chapter 18 ~Fly*
Chapter 19 ~Ambush*
Chapter 20 ~Strength*
Chapter 21 ~Syrena*
*Authors Note #4*
Chapter 22 ~What Syrena Has Lost*
Chapter 23 ~Thinking Spot*
Chapter 24 ~Control*
Chapter 25 ~Past*
Chapter 26 ~Feelings*
Chapter 27 ~Revenge*
*Author's Note #5*
Chapter 29 ~Skull Rock*
Chapter 30 ~Heart Of The Truest Believer*
#Watty's 2015
Chapter 31 ~Mistakes*
Chapter 32 ~Sweet Dreams*
Chapter 33 ~Greed*
*Author's Note #6*
Chapter 34 ~Shattered*
*Questions? :)*
Chapter 35 ~The Villian*
Chapter 36 ~Imposter*
Happy Thanksgiving :)
Chapter 37 ~Fantasy*
8k ?¿
Chapter 38 ~Alliance*
Chapter 39 ~Reunited*
Chapter 40 ~Race To The Cure*
Chapter 41 ~A Deal*
Chapter 42 ~Devestation*
*Author's Note #7*
Chapter 43 ~Friends No More*
Chapter 44 ~Defeat*
Chapter 45 ~Storybrooke*
Chapter 46 ~Angela Edwards*
Chapter 47 ~Monster*
*Pan's Redemption Playlist*
#Wattys2017
Pan's Redemption ~ Wendy's Return

Chapter 28 ~Curse*

1.3K 66 6
By MadisonRose23

Wendy had drowned. She was sure of it, yet she was fully aware of being underwater. She opened her eyes and was shocked into reality. Her eye sight was amazing. She could see everything underwater. The coral reefs and the tiny plankton hiding among them. The schools of fish swimming all around her. She could see a hundred times better than she could above water.

She kept trying to swim up to the surface for the air she should be needing. The thing was, she didn't think she really needed to. She tried to breath, but she was breathing in the water. Her lungs weren't on fire. She was breathing the water like it was her own personal oxygen supply.

It scared her. What the hell did Syrena do to her? Or maybe she really was dead. Wendy pinched herself like her mother used to tell her to do when she was having a bad dream. It hurt. She panicked and looked around in the water for something familiar. Her gaze dropped to her injured leg. She found something more than she expected.

Wendy was looking for the stab wound. The wound was gone, but something else replaced it. Scales were beginning to grow upon her legs. She looked down at herself in horror. She then realized what Syrena did. She gave her a fate worse than death. She had turned her into a mermaid.

~~~~~~~~

Felix had never seen Pan out of composure before. He looked at him with a worried expression. He was soaking wet. After they had killed the mermaid, Pan had dove off the cliff like a maniac. Felix had jumped in after him.

"PAN!" He had yelled above the water.

"She has be here. She has to." He murmured to himself like a crazy person. Felix didn't blame him. He expected to hate him after seeing him again, but when Wendy went over the edge, he saw that the pain had latched itself to Pan. He had no idea of Pan's feelings for her. He should've, he supposed, but up until recently, he hadn't cared about what played in Pan's mind.

He was his friend, before Tinkerbell. He thought that Pan would never understand what he put him through. He was wrong. He had rushed to save her, they both had. Felix wasn't even sure why he did so. He never wanted to see her face ever again. He had blamed her until that moment. Seeing her being tortured made him remember how she ran into him crying and telling him about Tink. He hadn't realized until seeing her on that cliff how much she had cared about Tink. How she had cried alone, too.

And now it was too late to take it all back. Wendy was a mermaid. His guess was that, even if she had survived the fall, she probably swam far, far away from here. He saw the loss in her eyes. She truly that she was about to die. He knew by Pan's reaction that Wendy had loved him too. She probably didn't want him to see her like how she is. After seeing Syrena's deadly face, he couldn't picture it on Wendy. She probably couldn't either.

"Pan, we have to get back to the Lost Boys." He tried. Pan went underwater for a couple minutes and then came back up empty handed.

"Pan.." He tried.

"GO! Just go, then! Don't pretend like you even liked her. We both know you hated her!" Felix didn't flinch away because he was too surprised by Pan's face. His eyes were red and puffy. Tears leaked out of the corners of his eyes. Pan was falling apart before his very eyes. Felix bowed his head silently. Pan needed to be alone, just like he once needed to be.

"Just....come back to camp..." He silently pleaded. And then Felix turned and swam to shore. When he finally reached the shore, he heard it.

Pan's choked and broken sobs could be heard from anywhere on the beach. Felix took a deep breath and headed to camp to tell the Lost Boys that Wendy Darling was never coming back.

~~~~~~~~

Wendy found that it was impossible to cry underwater. If it was, she would have flooded the sea by now. She pushed herself to the surface of the water. She could barley swim. Her legs had began to stick to the other. She was beginning to grow her tail. She used her arms to stay above the surface.

And when she felt like there was no hope left, she saw it.The Jolly Roger. Hook. She dove underwater and began to swim towards the ship. She found that if you didn't try to swim like a human, you could go so much faster. She appreciated it, but knew that it was only one of few perks to being a mermaid. Either way she was a monster.

She reached the ship within minutes and was soon met with the familiar dilemma: getting on the ship. She debated trying to climb the side of the ship. Who knows, maybe scales were sticky. No, that was tentacles. She gave up and used the most idiotic thing she could think of.

"HOOK!" she yelled fighting to stay above water. It felt like the sea was physically puling her into it. She got no response.

"KILLIAN!!" Nothing.

"JONES!!!" She heard the wooden floor boards creek on the top deck. She was surprised to the fact that her newly enhanced hearing could pick even that up.

Hook looked down from the deck and looked at her wide eyed. She probably thought of what he was seeing. A waterlogged girl paddled out far enough you would be scared to see shark fins swimming around.

"Wendy?" He asked in confusion. Not relief or happiness. Wendy guessed she did deserve that.

"Hook, you have to let me up." She begged. He scowled at her.

"Really now? And the last time I saw you, you what? Made a deal with Pan? Yeah, you did." He said angrily down at her. Wendy wasn't hurt, but mad.

"Hook, please. You have to let me aboard. You have to help me!" She yelled back at him. Her arms were so tired, it was a matter of minutes before she would be submerged again.

"I'm not helping you run away, again." Wendy wanted to go up there and smack some sense in him. If she was running away, why on Earth would she come to him? Not only has she hid there once, but had claimed to twice. On top of that she betrayed him. In a better situation she would have enough self respect to look elsewhere.

But this was not a good situation. She was on her last string before she went over the deep end. Before she lost it entirely.

"Hook. Something happened to me," She had to suck in a breath to steady her voice. She could cry now, but she couldn't yet. Not before all hope was lost. "I need you to help me. This isn't about Pan," She had to take a deep breath. She had tried not to think about him. She had tried not to think of if this didn't work. She could never see him again. She wouldn't allow herself to. "It's not about him or any of the Lost Boys. It's about me."

Hook looked at her uneasily. There was still some concern in his eyes. She thought of him like the father she never really had. If this worked, she could make amends with him.

"Something terrible has happened to me." She whispered just loud enough for him to hear her.

Hook threw a rope at her expectedly. She took it and held it tightly as he pulled her up. When she reached the top, Hook looked like he was going to pass out. She knew she didn't have anything to be unconscious about. Everything that needed to be covered up by clothes had already been covered by aqua colored scales. She saw him wrinkle is nose in disgust. Of course he would, he was looking at a mermaid.

"What....what happened?" Wendy ignored his question.

"Is there a way to fix it? You're a pirate, you should know a little about mermaids, right? Is there a way to get rid of this?" She motioned to her scaled body.

It took him a minute to respond. "Aye, I did study them out of brief curiosity."

"And?" She asked eagerly.

"And....I can't help you, Wendy. I'm sorry." He said looking at her sadly.

"There's no way to stop the transition? None? That's impossible! Magic always has loop holes! Pan always has loop holes." She rambled uselessly. She just couldn't accept it. She couldn't not see him again.

"I'm sorry." He repeated.

"You just don't want me to find it! You don't want me to go back! You're lying!" She cried, Hook grabbed her wrists.

"Wendy, I want to help you-"

"No, you're lying....." She sobbed, "You have...to be...lying...to me." Just when she thought that she couldn't experience anymore pain. Why couldn't she have just died?! Why was she here, in this state?

Wendy had always felt like fate was never on her side.

When she hated Pan, it pushed her towards him.

When she loved him, it pushed her away.

At least she knew she had been right.

Fate had always been against her.

"I'm sorry..." Hook repeated once more.

I am too, Wendy thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.4K 12
In a world with filled with vampires, werewolves, witches, and humans. Everyone is classified when the turn 18. All the classifications include dom...
13.3K 381 35
When Harold Finch and John Reese are faced with a very dangerous number they realize that he is after one thing, Bear. They don't know why but they a...
57.1K 2.3K 35
Boys were disappearing over London. Ten of them; last spotted around Kensington Gardens without a trace. Wendy Darling, journalist for her school...
39.6K 949 18
Peter Pan thinks he will never fall in love. But when an unexpected visitor turns up in Neverland, things take an interesting turn when they begin to...