The Past |Bucky b.|

By noooooo21

Everyone has their special person, the one that makes their heart race when they walk in a room. The one that... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter twenty- eight
Chapter twenty-nine
PLEASE READ!!!!!
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter Thirty five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter nineteen

307 8 0
By noooooo21

Steve's POV

We are sitting in the snow waiting for the train to come by.

"Remember when me and Dorothy made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked me.

I smiled, "yeah, and I threw up?"

"This isn't payback is it?" Dorothy asked joining the conversation.

"Now why would I do that?"

Gabe Jones came up to us, " we were right. Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

"Let's get going, because they are moving like the devil." Montgomery told us.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield." I tell everyone.

"Mind the gap." Montgomery joked.

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dum dum Dugan chuckled.

Jacques started, "maintenant! Now!"

Everyone Zip-lines to the train.

"I have a question. Dottie, can you teleport while in the air?" Have asked out of nowhere.

"No, I've already tried and ended up with a broken arm." she looks at me for the signal. Once I give her the signal, she teleports into the train.

Bucky gets caught in a fight, I help him.

"I had him on the ropes." Bucky tells me

"I know you did."

Dorothy teleports to us, "so I...GET DOWN!!" Dorothy pushes us to the ground.

Bucky goes to stop the trooper with my shield but he gets blasted outside of the train.

I go for him, "Bucky! Hang on! Grab my hand!"

I couldn't reach him in time, he falls.

I hear him scream as he falls down into the snow. I look back to see that Dorothy isn't there anymore.

"Dorothy?" I get up.

"Dorothy?" I walk around the train car trying to find her.

"Dorothy!!" I am practically screaming now.

Gabe comes in, "hey where is everyone?"

I break down, "I don't know where Dorothy is and I just saw Bucky fall, I don't know."

"Hey look we need to get you back, you aren't in good shape right now."

"No, I can't lose two friends in one day."

"We can't stay, we have to go."

I look back, "ok."

Then we leave.

I sit in a bar.

"Blackout is still in effect throughout the London area. Please sit for the all-clear. Your attention, please. All citizens shall stay indoors until further notice. Blackout is still in effect in the London area." The man on the radio repeats.

Peggy finds me.

"Dr. Erskine said that... the serum wouldn't just effect my muscles, it would effect my cells. Create a protective system of regeneration and healing. Which means um... I can't get drunk. Did you know that?" I ask her holding my drink.

"Your metabolism burns four times faster than the average person. He thought it could be one of the side effects."

"Dottie told me," I chuckle at the memory. "She told me that once she turned 21 she went to a pub in Ireland, and she drank around 5 pints of beer and still wasn't drunk. She said the owners of the pub were both impressed and scared at the same time."

"It wasn't your fault."

"Did you read the reports?"

"Yes."

"Then you know that's not true."

"You did everything you could. Did you believe in your friend? Did you respect him? Then stop blaming yourself. Allow Barnes the dignity of his choice. He damn must have thought you were worth it."

"I didn't even notice when Dottie was taken though, she was there and then she was gone. She was right there, I should..."

"Steven Grant Rogers, I order you to stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault, so stop it."

"I'm goin after Schmidt. I'm not gonna stop til all of hydra is dead or captured."

"You won't be alone. Also this was left for Dorothy from Bucky, you are the closest to either of them. So, you take it."

I look at what she has, it's a letter addressed to Dottie from Bucky.

Time skip

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house. He thinks he's a God. He's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the USA." Colonel Philips said while we are trying to make up a plan to defeat Hydra.

Howard joined in, "Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities. He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire eastern sea board in an hour."

"How much time do we got?" Gabe Jones asked.

"According to my new best friend, "colonel Philips said referring to Zola. "Under twenty-four hours."

"Where is he now?"

"Hydra last base is here." Philips said pointing to a map. "In the alps. Five hundred feet below the surface."

"So, what are we supposed to do? I mean, it's not like we can just knock on the front door." Morita asked.

"Why not? That's exactly what we are going to do." I told them.

We invade the base, I end up getting captured, just like the plan. I end being taken to Schmidt's lab.

"Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" Schmidt tells me as I get into his lab.

"He told me you were insane."

"Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine. But he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?"

"Nothin. I'm gust a kid from Brooklyn."

Schmidt starts to punch me, "I can do this all day."

"Oh of course you can. Of course. But unfortunately I'm ok a tight schedule" he takes out his pistol and points it at me.

"So am I." As I say that, the team crashes through the windows.

"Rogers!" Montgomery yells. "You might need this." He tosses me my shield.

"Thanks."

I make my way through the hydra base, trying to get Schmidt.

I hear over the comms, "We're in assault team, go!!"

As I run after Schmidt, a trooper comes up with a flame thrower, luckily Peggy got here in time to save me.

"You're late." I say jokingly.

"Weren't you about to..."

"Right." I continue my chase, but once Schmidt boarded the plane I wasn't fast enough to catch him.

Philips and Peggy catch up to me with a car. I get on the car and they drive me to the plane.

"Keep it steady!" I tell them as I'm about to leap from the roadster, but Peggy stops me.

"Wait!" Then she kisses me. "Go get him."

I stand there in shock, and I look at Philips.

"I'm not kissin' you!"

I get on the plane, I manage to disable the fighter planes.

"You just don't give up do you?" Schmidt says as I enter the cockpit.

"Nope!"

We start to fight.

"You could have the power of the gods! Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations! I have seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!"

"Not my future!" I throw my shield at him, he is thrown into the cubic console.

"What have you done? No." He picks up the cube and energy starts to pour from it. A stream of blue energy engulfs him and takes kills him. The blue cube falls to the ground and melts through the floor, and lands in the ocean.

I run over to the planes controls, on the screen is reads target New York City. I try to radio someone, Peggy ends up picking up the radio.

"Come in this is Captain Rogers. Do you read me?"

"Steve is that you?" I hear Peggy ask me.

"Peggy! Schmidt's dead."

"What about the plane?"

"That's a bit tougher to explain."

"Give me your coordinates. I'll find you a safe landing site."

"There's not going to be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down."

"I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do."

"There's not enough time. This thing's moving too fast and it's heading for New York. I got to put her in the water."

"Please don't do this. We have time. We can work this out."

"Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer a lot of people are gonna die. Peggy, this is my choice," I start to force the place down. "Peggy?"

"I'm here."

"I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance."

I can here the tears in her voice, "Alright. A week, next Saturday, at the Stork Club."

"You got it."

"Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't you dare be late. Understood?"

I start to shed tears, "You know, I still don't know how to dance."

I heard her chuckle, "I'll show you how. Just be there."

I start to get close to the water, "We'll have the band play somethin' slow. I'd hate to step on your..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.1K 15
"šš’ ššŠšš‹ššœšš˜šš•ššžššššŽšš•šš¢ ššŠšššš˜šš›ššŽšš šššš‘šš’ššœ" @š‘’š‘ š‘”š‘œš‘Ÿš‘–š‘›š‘’š‘™š‘œš‘£š‘’š‘ š‘š‘œš‘“š‘’š‘’ "ššžšš› ššŠ šššš›ššŽššŠšš šš šš›šš’ššššŽšš› šš”ššŽššŽšš™ ššžšš™ šššš‘ššŽ šššš›ššŽļæ½...
62.5K 959 35
Welcome to my book! I recommend reading down at the bottom for the better more developed chapters. Unless you really want to see my drastic improveme...
103K 3.6K 116
Since childhood, Y/n Y/l/n, Steven Rogers, and Bucky Barnes have been an inseparable trio, always watching each other's backs. But when WWII breaks o...
5.2K 69 41
**the story is complete** This is my first story I shared with you guys and I really hope for you guys to like it , I worked so hard to make it perfe...