Voices ☽ Teen Wolf {Book 1}

By TamiaDemarest

When Lea Martin, Lydia Martin's adoptive sister, begins to hear voices in her head, she finds it hard to con... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
Sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forth one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven

ten

167 7 5
By TamiaDemarest

Voices

➳➳➳➳➳
SCOTT, STILES AND I drove recklessly through the streets, trying to lose the car behind us. The police are hot on Derek's ass and we tried our best to avoid the police. The plan was going good until the police showed up. Derek went to get the alpha, the police showed up, now we're in a freakin car chase. The werewolf hunters behind us are so close to kissing our asses and it only freaked Stiles and I out.

"Try to lose them, Scott!" Stiles shouts.

"I'm trying! I didn't expect them to be here!" Scott argues. We drove Derek's car as a distraction. The hunters must think we're Derek- as they want him dead anyways.

"Faster?" Scott asks. Stiles and I glance behind us.

"Much faster." Stiles nods. Scott presses on the gas and we drive a little faster.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." I say.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott argues.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles shouts. Stiles turns back and we both see the car behind now gone. "They're gone." Stiles announces.

Scott swerves the car, Stiles and I holding onto anything we could before the car comes to a stop. We see Derek standing a small distance from the car before Stiles opens the door.

"Get in!" Scott yells. Derek jumps in the car and into the backseat with me. Scott slams on the gas and we finally move again. "What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asks.

"Damn it! I had him!" Derek yells.

"Who, the alpha?" Stiles asks.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freakin police showed up!" He growls.

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs-" Stiles defends.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." It finally clicked.

"You're the psycho that dug your claws in my arm at school." I say.

"Who are you?" He questions.

"That's Lea, Lea, that's Derek." Stiles says.

"What part of keeping this to yourself don't you understand?" Derek growls at Scott.

"She saw me at the school and other reasons, okay? How else was I supposed to play dumb and make her feel like she's crazy?" Scott argues.

"Besides all that, she's seen the alpha." Stiles points out. Derek grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him.

"You've seen him before? You've seen the alpha?" He questions.

"Once in the woods from sleepwalking and hundreds of times in my dreams. That's all I dream about these days." I explain.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you dreaming and seeing the alpha?" Derek questions.

"How should I know?" I frown. Derek rolls his eyes.

"Ugh! I can't believe I almost had him!" Derek yells. "Stiles, keep your dad out of this!"

"Okay, I know I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott shouts.

"Alright, how did you find him?" Stiles asks. Derek shakes his head and looks out the window.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, both of us." Stiles says. Derek gives Stiles a death glare. "Maybe all three of us. Or just him. I'll just be up here." Stiles mumbles.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek starts. Stiles immediately turns around and faces Derek, giving him a confused look.

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asks.

"Why him?" Scott asks.

"I don't know yet." Derek shakes his head.

"What's the second?" Scott asks.

"Some kind of symbol." Derek shows Scott a drawing of the symbol and Scott seemed like he knew something. "What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." Scott sighs, banging his fist on the steering wheel.

➳➳➳➳➳
Scott, Stiles and I stood at my locker as Scott tried to think about how to get the necklace.

"This is gonna be impossible, Y'know."

"Why don't you just ask to borrow the necklace?" Stiles asks.

"How?" Scott asks.

"Easy. You just say, 'hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an alpha werewolf I need to kill in order to get back together with you?'"

"You're not helping." I say to Stiles.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Stiles asks.

"She won't talk to me. What if she, like, takes it off in the shower or something?" Scott asks.

"That's why you ease- that's why you ease back into it, okay? Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times." Scott seemed to only smile. "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah." Scott giggles.

"Alright, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order, got it?" Stiles asks.

"Get the necklace." Scott nods. The three of us separate and we head to class. I haven't seen Allison or Lydia for a while, but I knew they'd be at lunch. Once lunch came around, I didn't see either of them. I only spotted Scott and Stiles.

"Lea!" Stiles shouts. "We've got a problem."

"A problem?"

"Jackson knows." The boys say.

"Jackson knows? Knows what?" I ask.

"About Scott." Stiles says. He grabs my arm and drags me down next to him.

"He knows." Scott sighs.

"How the hell does he know?" I ask.

"I have no idea. But he implied that he knows." Scott explains.

"Okay, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. I mean, he doesn't have any proof, right? And if he wanted to tell someone, who's gonna believe him anyway?" Stiles asks.

"How about Allison's father?" Scott asks.

"Allison's father?" I question.

"Oh, Allison's family runs a werewolf hunting business thing." Stiles explains.

"Wait, what? Is that who was chasing us the other night?" I frown.

"Yeah. You might wanna lay low for a while." Scott says.

"Oh, this is great." I sigh.

"Do you have a plan for Allison yet?" Stiles asks.

"I tried." Scott nods.

"And?"

"She told me not to talk to her at all."

"So she's not giving the necklace." Stiles nods.

"She's not giving me the necklace!" Scott raises his voice.

"Well, did you find anything else out?" I ask.

"Just that I know nothing about girls, and that they're totally psychotic. Sorry, Lea." Scott says.

"None taken."

"Okay, I've got a plan 'B' for this just incase anything like this happened." Stiles says.

"You have a plan 'B'?" Scott and I ask.

"Just steal the stupid thing." Stiles shrugs.

"Couldnt we just try getting to Harris?" Scott asks.

"My dad put him on a 24-hour protective detail, okay? The necklace is all we got. Steal it." Stiles says.

"I don't wanna have to break into her house and steal it." Scott sighs. The boys look at each other before they slowly turn their heads and look at me. I already knew their next idea.

"No way." I shake my head.

"Why not? You're perfect. Just go to her house to hang out, any time she happens to leave the room, just take it." Stiles shrugs.

"And what if she's wearing it?" I question. "Reach out and yank it off her neck?" The boys grow annoyed and shake their heads.

"Just steal it, Scott." Stiles says.

"She usually leaves her windows unlocked, so maybe it'll be easy to get inside. Just go when the house is empty." I shrug.

"Not a bad idea." Stiles nods.

"He's watching." Scott suddenly says.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Jackson's talking to me. He knows I can hear him." Scott says. He turns to us both. "Talk to me. Look at me! Act normal. Pretend nothings happening. Say something. Talk to me!" Stiles and I exchange looks.

"I can't think of anything. My minds a complete blank." Stiles panics.

"Your minds blank? Out of everything you say throughout a day! You can't think of anything to say?" Scott questions.

"Not under this kind of pressure." Stiles panics.

"FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore." I point. We all turn to see Lydia and Allison sitting together, Jackson nowhere near them. How did I not see them the first time? Must've came after I walked in.

"Where the hell is he?" Scott asks. Scott makes a double take and we see Jackson standing next to the vending machine, moving his lips. At one point, Scott responds back to Jackson. Eventually, Scott's knuckles turn paper white from him grasping the tray in his hands. It breaks, causing everyone in the lunch room to turn their attention to us.

I look around and noticed everyone staring at us, but not directly at Scott, more at me. Everyone's dead silent. Nobody's moving, nobody's talking or whispering. Nobody is going back to their chatter. I slowly stand up from the table and watch everyone's eyes follow me. I turn my head and see the familiar alpha pulling itself back into the kitchen. I hesitantly began to follow it.

I push the door open to the kitchen and look inside, looking around for the alpha. My mind spits back to Scott needing help. I look around and try spotting him.

"Scott? Scott!" I shout. A loud bang catches my attention and I turn to see the alpha throwing pots and pans all over the kitchen. I backed myself into the wall and watched the alpha running closer and closer. I let out a belching scream and squeezing my eyes shut.

"Whoa, whoa, hey, Lea! Lea!" I open my eyes and see Scott and Stiles, the entire cafeteria staring at me. I quickly gather my things and quickly exited the cafeteria. As I made it for the door, everyone began laughing and whispering at me. I picked up the pace and walked faster.

"Lea!" I turn behind me and see Lydia approaching me fast. She grabs my hand and holds it tight. "Everything okay?" She asks. I held a stare with her for a moment before nodding my head.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah! Just...my favorite band just happened to be going on tour." I lie.

"You sure, that didn't sound like a happy scream." She frowns.

"There's a difference in screams?" I ask. "What do they mean?"

"Do you really wanna get into that right now?"

"No."

"Doesn't matter. Jackson dumped me." She sighs.

"He what?" I frown.

"I don't know what the hell is going on with him, but he dumped me." She scoffs. "I mean. I guess he's got reasons. He and Allison have been hanging out recently." She sighs.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'll be fine. But we should focus more on you."

"Why me?"

"I think your sleepwalking is getting worse. Now you're screaming out of the blue." She frowns.

"So we're telling Natalie?"

"We're telling mom." She nods. Lydia hooks my arm into hers and we exit school grounds. Natalie wasn't home by the time we got there.

"How are we gonna explain to Natalie-"

"We just tell her the truth." She frowns as we walk into the kitchen. I remembered the game going on tonight. I knew for sure Lydia was wanting to go really bad. If we tell Natalie about my sleepwalking, she'd probably want to keep us both on lockdown or something. Mostly me because Lydia isn't sleep walking. But...I really don't wanna have to talk Natalie about this.

"Tonight's the game, Lydia. You sure you wanna risk us missing out on the game tonight?" I ask.

"If it's to make sure you're okay in the end, I don't care." She says. She then turns and faces me. "What's been going on with you and Scott and Stiles?"

"What do you mean?"

"You three have been so tight lately. What's going on? Are you trying to get close with Scott?"

"What?"

"Don't tell me you're one of those girls that's had a crush on her best friends boyfriend and makes a move on him the moment they break up." She frowns.

"No way." I argue.

"If it's not Scott, it's Stiles."

"What?!"

"You guys been hanging out lately, maybe it's Stiles."

"It's nobody, Lydia. Okay? Nobody. I'm not interested in nobody."

"Then why hanging out with those two all of a sudden." I force a smile and held a stare with her.

"Are you telling me you're jealous that I'm hanging out with somebody other than you?" I ask.

"You have a life, Lea. No need for me to get jealous over that." She shakes her head.

"Then let's go to the game tonight. No boys, you me, maybe even Allison." I smile. "It'll be fun."

"How about you go straight to bed and go to sleep and I'll keep an eye on you. If you start sleepwalking, I'll easily guide you back to bed."

"And telling Natalie?"

"And telling mom." I let out a groan and stormed up to my room.

➳➳➳➳➳
Lydia, Allison and I all carpooled to go shopping. We wanted to go shopping for the winter formal as we didn't know what we wanted to wear exactly. Allison drove but we weren't going to the mall. We weren't even in city limits.

"Uh, what are we doing here?" I ask, looking around the woods. Allison doesn't say a word but climbs out of the car. Lydia and I exchange looks before getting out of the car and walking over to Allison. She opens the trunk and pulls out a large black bag with two sticks coming out both ends.

"What is that?" Lydia asks.

"I wanna do something first." Allison simply says and heads off into the woods. Lydia and I follow.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop to run an errand before we go shopping, a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia says.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask you if you're okay with something." Allison says. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?" Lydia asks.

"Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison says.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends." Lydia says.

"Well, yeah, I mean...it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison scoffs at me. Lydia and I pause in our tracks.

"Oh. Uh...about that." I utter. Lydia backhands my arm.

"I knew you were secretly in love with Scott!" She whisper yells.

"I have a perfect explanation for that." I say.

"Do you?" Allison frowns. My eyes widen at her words. How can I explain to her that Scott wasn't in total control of himself? That her ex boyfriend is a real werewolf? There's no way she'd believe me.

"No." I sigh.

"Mmhm." Allison growls. Allison finally comes to a stop and she drops the bag to the ground, unzipping it and revealing a large bow. She pulls up an arrow but there was something on the end. It was bulgy and rigid and nothing like a regular arrow head.

"What does that do?" Lydia asks.

"We're about to find out." Allison says. She raises her bow and aims it at the nearest tree. She releases the arrow and a loud pop and a flash with sparks explodes. The three of us jump at the sudden scene.

"What the hell was that?" I ask.

"I don't know." Allison softly says. Lydia suddenly claps her hands.

"Well! That was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" She asks. We all heard the sudden sound of a twig snapping. Allison holds her bow out and hands it to Lydia.

"Hold this."

"What? Why?" Lydia questions.

"Because I thought I heard something." Allison says.

"So, what if you heard something?" Lydia scoffs.

"So...I wanna find out what that something is. Don't worry. It's probably nothing." Allison shrugs.

"Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?" I ask.

"Shoot it." Allison says and walks off.

"I think we're gonna die." Lydia utters.

"No, way." I frown. "I think we'll be fine as long as we scream and run if we see something." I say.

"Scream and run?"

"Yeah. We'll use a tactic on the killer."

"Which is?"

"We both run in different directions, whichever one he caches first, too bad." I shrug.

"Are you kidding me?" Lydia frowns. Allison soon returns and we asked her if she saw anything.

"It was...Scott, actually." She smiles.

"Scott?" Lydia and I ask.

"He was returning something to me." Allison explains.

"What is it?" I ask. Allison smiles and holds up her necklace. Looks like Scott managed to get the necklace after all. It's smart on his end. He stole it, returned it to her personally to maybe get on her side like Stiles mentioned before.

"Great! Can we go shopping now? Please?" Lydia begs.

"Yeah." Allison nods. She puts her bow back into the bag and we finally head back to the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 349 16
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚖 , 𝚗𝚊𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 .. ꨄ
152K 876 27
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
507K 14.6K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
984K 22.3K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...