B.U.D.D.Y | b. boston jr #LLTC

By humansunflower

in which they both swore it was casual or in which it wasn't casual at all #LLTC More

B.U.D.D.Y
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
author's note
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
035
036
037
038
039
EPILOGUE
author's note

034

6.1K 406 213
By humansunflower

october 28th, 2020
6:21 pm

"B.J! JUST THE MAN I WANTED TO SEE!"

Brandon looked up from his phone to see Cam'ron entering the empty locker room.

Brandon was sitting on the block underneath his locker, still sweaty and shirtless from his solo workout.

"I'm glad that I found you alone," Cam'ron sat on the block next to him, "I need to ask you a question."

Brandon raised an eyebrow at the excitement in his friend's tone, "What's up, bro?"

"Do you have plans for Saturday?" Cam'ron asked.

"Um, not right now." Brandon chuckled a little, "Why?"

"Good because there's this girl but she's being kinda weird about letting me take her out alone. So will you do me a solid and ask out her friend so we could do double date type shit?"

Brandon's thoughts immediately traveled to Sunday, "Ion know... A double date..."

Brandon shook his head at the idea.

"I saw the friend, she's decent enough." Cam'ron continued, his hand going to his jean pocket and pulling out a cell phone.

He opened the device to an Instagram page of an averaged height Latina girl with collarbone sandy brown hair and then forced it into Brandon's free hand.

Brandon sighed and began to scroll through the page for a couple of seconds before sighing again and handing it back, "Ion know bro. I don't know how Sunny's gonna feel about me going on a date."

Cam'ron stared at him for a couple of seconds, "Is she your girlfriend?"

Brandon looked away for a second, "No."

"Are you guys talking?" Cam'ron demanded.

"Nah." Brandon said in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Then why do you care?"

Brandon was quiet at the question.

"I need you to do me this solid." Cam'ron continued.

Brandon sat up a little, "Okay, let me think about it. I'll let you know."

Cam'ron's lips spread into a smile and he dapped Brandon up, "Thanks, bro."

"Yeah." Brandon offered up his own faint smile then letting it fade as soon as he was alone in the locker room again.

'Then why do you care?'

Brandon had been starting to ask himself the same question lately.

He wasn't supposed to care about Sunday the way that he did but the more he hung around her, the less able he was to not feel the way that he felt.

If he could just determine how she felt about him, then maybe Brandon could sleep a little better at night.

In Brandon's right hand, his cell phone started to vibrate, effectively pulling him from his thoughts.

Brandon glanced at the screen, "Speak of the devil..."

"B.J, hey. Are you done with working out?" Sunday's voice sounded on the other line.

Brandon stood, put his phone on the shelf and pressed speaker, "Yeah, why."

"They have candy apples at the dining hall for Halloween. You want me to save you one?"

Brandon snickered, "Popeyes, Wingstop and sugar. You tryna make me fat, huh?"

The sound of Sunday kissing her two front teeth filled the air, "So don't you want one? Because Terrence has been eyeing it."

"No, I want it," Brandon put on an old AOT hoodie and then his shoes, "But I'll meet you in your dorm not the dining hall. I need to talk to you."

"Did something happen?" Sunday's tone was full of worry, "You're making me nervous."

"Nah, ma. It's just something that needs to be said face to face." Brandon said.

"Okay..." She trailed off, "I'll just meet you there."

Brandon nodded and then hung up the phone.

It was time to finally get to the bottom of things.

The walk over to her dormitory was faster than usual due to Brandon's long legs and him speed walking.

Before he knew it, Brandon was at her door and was rapping his knuckles against the wood.

Maya opened the door and rolled her eyes at his appearance, "What are you doing here?"

"I invited him and you're gonna be a bitch about it again, go to Dani's room." Sunday snapped at Maya, coming to the door as well.

Maya rolled her eyes again as Brandon stepped into the room.

Maya sent the two of them a look but went into the hallway and closed the door behind her.

"I'm requesting a new roommate as soon as possible," Sunday sighed as she passed Brandon a shiny red candy apple.

Brandon waved it off and she placed the candy apple back on the paper plate located on her desk.

"So, what's up?" Sunday sat on her bed and looked at Brandon.

Brandon licked his bottom lip, "This whole... Fuck buddies thing... How long did you see it going on?"

"Well.... I didn't think about it. I guess whenever one of us wants to stop," Sunday frowned, "Is this you saying you wanna stop?"

Brandon shook his head then looked at the canvas that held Sunday's latest painting and was resting against the closed closet door.

On the canvas was a multicolored Phoenix that was flying above the shape of the earth.

"B.J?" Sunday tried.

Brandon studied it for a couple more seconds then turned back to her, "No. I'm just-. I'm trying to figure this out. Why did you ask me to do this with you in the first place?"

Sunday blinked at the question, "You know why. I told you why."

"Okay, but is that the reason we're still doing that?"

Sunday shook her head, her new box braids moving with her, "B.J, what is going on? What are you trying to say here?"

Brandon sighed and then decided that the only way that she was gonna understand was him taking a page out of Sunday's book and just spring it on her.

"Cam'ron needs me for a double date and I need you to give me a reason why I shouldn't go." Brandon finally spoke.

"Why would you need me for a reason?" Sunday asked after a pause.

"Sunday..."

"Oh, God. Not again." She whispered.

"Sunday... We spend a lot of time together. We do everything together, we've met each other's families and you still walk around calling us just best friends. Do you care for me?"

"Of course I do. You know that I do. And I've been calling us best friends because that's what we are."

Brandon shook his head again, "I don't think that's what I want anymore, Sunday."

"So you do want to end this?"

"You're not listening to me." Brandon was starting to get a little frustrated, "No, I want to be something more. I can't keep doing this!"

"We both agreed that neither of us wanted a relationship! Where is this coming from?"

"Tell me that it's just sex, and I'll go away because... I can't do it this way anymore, Sunday. I just can't." Brandon said.

Sunday looked away and didn't meet his eyes, "It's just sex."

Brandon's face fell significantly and he nodded, "Okay. It was nice knowing you."

"B.J," Sunday began but Brandon had already moved to the hallway.

Once there, he dug his phone out and then tapped the contact with Cam'ron's name.

He picked up on the second ring, "Yo?"

"I can do the double date thing. Just text me when and where." Brandon replied in a soft tone.

"Okay. You good, bro?" Cam'ron asked.

"Of course. I'm the best I've ever been," Brandon lied.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 11.9K 41
in which she did the worst thing imaginable or in which they were both swore it would be just one last time
2.2K 203 15
(𝘯.) 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘀𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘰𝘷π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘢; 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘡𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦π˜₯ π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 LUVVMARIEE PRODUCTIONS
351K 12.7K 67
I saw her and I knew from that moment on I would never love someone the way I love her. Mature content New writer -this story is not edited so please...
53.8K 2.2K 28
a ja morant fanfic. Β© minxarchive πŸπŸŽπŸπŸ‘ ❛ No matter what happens or what we go through, we gotta stick together ❜