Lack Of Deceit {Completed}

By Zenwrites01

Ivena is a 28 year old woman who focuses on herself and her daughter. She didn't trust anybody because everyo... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue
New book .

Chapter 30

2.7K 128 27
By Zenwrites01

Ivena
^^^^^

"Hey Byron, what are you doing?" I asked curiously. He was glued to his computer.

I'm waiting for the email from Stanford." This was his dream college and we were all praying he got in.

"Oh, when are they supposed to send it?"

"Tomorrow, 12 am." He told me seriously and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Byron, it's 10 in the morning. Get off your computer." I closed his laptop.

"I'm just really anxious." He sighed.

"Don't be. You're gonna get accepted." I spoke positively.

"Let's just talk about something else." He turned to look at me.

"Okay, what did you mean when you said that stuff about you're glad Jovan is finally dating somebody worth it?" I asked abruptly.

"Iva, you my sister but I'm not snitching on my brother." He laughed.

"Please, Byronnnn." I dragged. "I won't tell him what you said." I pleaded.

"Nope."

"Okay, go home." I pointed to my door.

"Fine. I don't know if he told you this but he used to sleep around with bitches all the time. He would date girls with no fucking common sense. Shit was annoying." He rolled his eyes. The only thing I caught was that he might've been a hoe.

I swear, if this nigga lied to me.

"Oh." Was all I said and I got up and went back t omy room.

Jovan keeps lying because he thinks it would be better if he lied but it really makes shit worse. My phone buzzed and I looked at the message from Jovan.

Baeee💗: Good morning beautiful

Me: morning

Baeee💗: I'm gonna pick u up at 10, ok?

Me: K

Baeee💗: why u being dry?

We were supposed to be going to the new club tonight and I was ecstatic for that.

I closed out the thread, not even bothering to answer it. He was on my nerves and I didn't have the time for it. How am I supposed to trust him when he keeps lying to me?

He makes dumb decisions and thinks I won't find out.

I can't move forward in our relationship if I'm being lied to. He's being deceitful and I told him I'm not gonna stand for that shit. So, whatever he needs to do to stop lying, he better get to it.

If he keeps that shit up, he's gonna be single real quick.

I tried to tell myself that before I confront him about lying to me, I should stay calm and not be mad. I was trying not to but it was hard.

-----

"Mommy, I like your hair like this." Mini swung her legs back and forth on my bed. I had my natural hair out in an afro and she was loving it.

Mini was helping me get ready to go to the club. She had picked out my outfit and I was impressed.

"Thank you, baby." I kissed her forehead. I put on my black heels and sighed. I had to confront Jovan and if he was lying to me, our relationship was probably over.

If he couldn't respect what I asked him to do, then we weren't meant to be together. It was something so simple and he still lied.

I heard the front door open and I walked out of my room with Amina on my hip. Jovan and I locked eyes. I guess he was mad I read his message and didn't respond. I don't give a fuck. I have more reason to be mad.

"Jovan!" Amina jumped out my arms.

"Hey, ladybug." He picked her up.

"Are you and mommy going somewhere?" She asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, we're going to a party."

"Aw, I want to go." She pouted and I laughed.

"It's a grown up party." He reasoned.

"I'm a grown up." She continued to frown.

I turned to Byron who was snack on his computer.

"Yo, don't stay glued to your laptop all night. Babysit my daughter. Make sure she's good. Make her go to bed in an hour. And if she gets hungry, make her cereal or a peanut butter and-" I was going through the list of stuff for Byron to babysit Mini but the front door opened. Vie and Delia walked through and Is as relieved.

"Oh thank God. Vie babysit my daughter." I exhaled and Byron rolled his eyes at me.

Jovan and I left and he said nothing to me as we got into the car. He pulled off onto the highway and was still silent.

"You mad at me?' I asked. I was trying to be nice right now because I hadn't known the complete truth yet. I was going to enjoy my night and when it was over we could talk.

"You're irritating me."

"Huh?" I asked, clearly confused.

"You didn't answer my text." He rolled his eyes. Damn, he's really dramatic.

"Okay. It's not that big of a deal. You weren't dying." I shrugged.

"What if I was?"

"Then I would have answered." I replied smartly.

"Yeah aight. Can we have a good night?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. We drove to the club and Jovan parallel parked across the street. Above the doors, the name 'Purple Light' was glowing in purple lights.

There was a long line to get in and I prayed we didn't have to wait in the line. The line was around the corner. It would take forever to get in.

I looked over to Jovan and admired his outfit. I was too busy being petty that I didn't realize he was looking fresh.

He had blue jeans on and a white collared shirt that wasn't all the way buttoned and exposed his chest.

"You look fine." I mumbled.

"Thank you, baby. You look sexy as usual. We gonna have a good night, right?" He put his hand on my thigh and grabbed it tightly.

"Mhm." I agreed and kissed his lips. I figured to just forget about all this until after the night was over.

We got out the car and Jovan held my hand as went walked passed the long line into the club. Jovan walked me over to the owners and introduced us.

"Iva, this is Thyri and Prince, the owners. Thyri and Prince, this is my girl, Iva." He smiled and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled tot hem and we all sat down in our secluded area.

Jovan and Prince were talking about some stuff about the club and Thyri sat next to me.

"Jovan talks a lot about you. We can tell he loves you very much." She smiled and I blushed.

"Thank you. Are you and Prince together?" I asked nosily.

"No, we're siblings." She responded and I felt slightly embarrassed.

"Whoops." I laughed.

"It's all good." She laughed with me. Jovan leaned down to me to talk to me over the loud music.

"You want a drink?"

"Nah, if you're getting drunk I want to at least be the sober one." I insisted, knowing I really wanted some drinks.

"Girl, you never have drinks. I'll be the sober one tonight, okay?" He offered and I nodded.

"Get me a Pina Colada and a Cocktail please." I smiled and he chuckled lightly and walked off to the bar.

He came back with my drinks and I drank them slowly. It took me about an 45 minutes to finish them both. I talked with Thyri and Prince a bunch and they were making me laugh.  Pussy Talk by City Girls came on and Thyri and I both went to the dance floor.

We started twerking and Thyri twerked on me as I smacked her ass.

"Jamaican, Cuban, French, Japanese!" I yelled as she threw it back on me. I hadn't had this much fun since college.

The song ended and Hold Yuh remix by Gyptian and Nicki Minaj played loudly and I ran back to Jovan.

"Jovan, you have to dance with me." I pulled him to the dance floor and I wined on him. I touched my toes as I through my ass back on him and he held my waist tightly.

Bless the Dj because Kotch by RDX came on and I completely lost it. I shook my ass and put my hands on my knees as I wined. The Dj did the little remix thingy they do and played So Mi Like It by Spice.

"Wine on buddy and a sit down Pon de beat!" I sang along as I confused to throw my ass back and make it jiggled. I was definetly tipsy.

"Pum pum so tight so my man nuh have fi cheat!" I screamed.

"Alright, babe. I thinks that's enoug for you." Jovan turned me around and I kissed him passionately. "You wanna go home?" He asked me.

"What? We just got here." I frowned.

"Baby, we've been here for almost 2 hours and you're drunk so we should go." He kissed my forehead.

"I'm not drunk." I pouted as we said goodbye to Thyri and Prince. Thryi had put her number in my phone and Jovan held me as we walked back to the car.

"You had a good night, ma?" He asked and I nodded. I was feeling really horny because of the drinks. I crawled over from my seat to Jovan's lap and sucked on his neck.

"Baby." He rubbed my ass. I left hickeys on his neck and I looked in his eyes with lust.

"You're drunk." He pecked my lips.

"No, I'm not." I denied it.

"Alright, baby."

"I wanna take a sleep." I slurred.

"You wanna sleep in the backseat?" He asked and I nodded. He opened his door and laid me down on the seats and buckled the middle seatbelt.

I drifted off to sleep.

"I love you so much, Ivena." Jovan told me, using my real name that I hated. Something in me told me to stay it back. Maybe it was the liquor or maybe it was my heart.

"I love you too, baby." I said slightly above a whisper and I went to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 2.3K 20
"That I fumbled your heart Should've let go of my past for you, damn You did everything I asked of you Traveled cross country if I asked you to But I...
40.1K 2K 46
"I need you to trust and believe when I say this, ain't nothing or nobody thats ever gonna break us" Imani Mccalister always followed the rules, comi...
8.7K 439 14
(Highest rank #227) 22 year old Liz Jackson gets her world turned up side down when a one night stand turns her pregnant. Will this baby mamma be bro...
1.9M 105K 51
Zenia Blackman had a deep dark secret, which caused her to be fearful of falling in love. But there was one guy who was determined to make her fall...