Surviving | grey's anatomy

By FiorraCavazza

"You know I used to love working here...good memories, seeing my friends who are my second family. And now? N... More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Season 3
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Preview
25.1
25.2
Author note
I'm back
You're gonna hate me
26
27
Thank you!

6

4.6K 130 43
By FiorraCavazza

It's been good days. Every since Johnny and Eve talked at Joe's they came to the conclusion that they should just go see how it goes. Not labeling anything but spending time together however often they wanted to which is often. They didn't wanna tell anyone Johnny because he's a orett private person and Eve because she just doesn't wanna get teased or scolded or anything like that. Didn't work for long. Same day Derek and Meredith were found out Eve and 

Thus being said. Both still spent a lot of time together. Mostly in the evenings having sex. The next morning Eve would have to sneak him out which lead to a really weird encounter with Meredith the first morning.

Eve peaked her head out looking around the hall when she came face to face with Meredith doing the same. Both staring wide eyed at each other. Slowly closing the door behind them. "Who are you hiding?" Eve asks teasingly already guessing who it was. 

Meredith shakes her head smirking at her. "Who are you hiding?" Pronouncing the you.

"Johnny."

"Derek." 

They nod. "Alright I'll sneak Johnny out first and in three minutes you can do the same alright?."

And throughout the day Izzie kept making jabs at Meredith and teasing Eve luckily not as bad as the blonde.

Which brings them to today. 

...

Eve is leaning on the pole outside the hospital busy with Johnny. They couldn't seem to get enough of each other. She hums in the kiss slightly biting his bottom lip making him quietly moan pulling her closer by the waist. 

"Okay okay that is enough Sparkles. I don't like seeing you all dirty outside for everyone to see." Cristina yells pulling the brunette from under Johnny.

"Good morning Dr. Yang." Johnny says sarcastically. She nods smirking at him. "Johnny." Before turning and pulling Eve with her. She only manages to wave at him. 

"God you making out with Johnny who's way older although he doesn't look like it." The korean grumbles. Eve laughs shaking her head. "He's not way older. He's 30." Cristina nods at  her with a face saying 'that's what I'm saying idiot." 

The brunette shoves her although it didn't have a big impact. "You really have a thing for older men huh? The detective, now Johnny. Who else is gonna come around huh?" She exclaims making the brunette blush. "I do not have a thing for older men." Cristina clearly not believing her "uh huh."

...

Right now she's standing at the lab station waiting for the results of one of Shepherd's patients. She really liked working with the neurosurgeon. He was a good teacher and seemed to like having her around. 

"Hi I need the lab results from Grace Keeting please?" the lab tech nods smiling at her. "Sure doc. One second." As he was looking he glances at her. "You working with Shepherd again" He smiles at her the brunette blushing. 

"Huh yeah I guess" She huffs. The lab tech laughs. "He really likes you you know? Always praising your work" he concludes not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

The brunette giggles nervously. "I sure hope so. I didn't even think about neuro but now I'm really liking it" Then he finally finds the results handing them to the asian woman. "There you go Dr. Lee." She smiles gratefully "Thanks." 

 Just then he hands it to her when George walks past her. Seemingly deep in thought. Eve furrows her brows. "Morning uhm results for George O'Malley." He mumbles inaudibly.

The lab tech not having understood leans closer. "I'm sorry could you repeat that?" he asks nicely. "O'Malley, George look it's just a simple-" "George? Are you alright?" The Bruntte interrupts. 

"Eve! Wh-What are you doing here?" the brunette looks at him confused. "I've been standing here this whole time?" She asks worriedly. "What's going on?" she asks making him furiously shake his head. "N-Nothing. Nothing at all." The lab tech then hands him the results. 

George quickly tries to walk aways the brunette worriedly following. "George you know you can tell me it's alright." He turns to her with a scared look. "No don't worry alright. I'm fine nothing to worry about." 

Just then Izzie walks up to them both not having noticed her. "Hey, What did you get something good?" She asks pulling the results quickly out of his hands. Making him quickly protest. But she doesn't listen. "Syphilis? That's not surgical? Who has syphilis?" She asks making Eve gasp.

Both turning to her George shaking his head at the brunette not to say anything Izzie in question because obviously she know whose that is. "Whose is it Eve?" the asian women just suttering "u-uhm i-i-." 

George then grabs both of them pulling them into an empty storage room.

"George has syphilis." Eve mutters quietly making the blonde yell it out louder making her stare at Izzie angrily with a look that says "Shut up." 

"God Olivia must really be getting around." Izzie immediately accuses making Eve let out a Tch sound pulling the stray hair in her face away.

George tries defending her saying that Olivia isn't like that but Izzie is having none of it just shaking her head scoffing. "The only people who aren't lik that are th Amish and apparently, you." She grins at him. Eve crosses her arms across her chest not wanting to be judging on anyone.

"You don't know, Maybe I've been sleeping around." George then counters in defence looking at Izzie and Eve. Izzie just laughs.

He then turns to the thai women. "What am I gonna do?" She shakes her head looking at him assuringly. "It's no problem alright just a Penicilling shot and you'll be fine."

"What about Olivia?" He asks worriedly. Izzie chimes in. "For starters stop sleeping with her."

They start arguing about Izzie trash talking her that's when Eve decides to speak up. "Alright I gotta go. Izzie you stop being mean to Olivia and trash talking her. If George wants her he wants her. George you still have to tell her. It will be fine. Just be honest. See you." She finsihes without looking back.

...

Evelyn is sitting at lunch with Cristina and Izzie eating her Chocolate pudding. "You knoe I don't understand how you haven't gained weight yet or gotten diabetes with the amount of candy and chocolates you consume." Cristina claims making Izzie nod in agreement. 

THe brunette swallows not liking to talk about her weight. It was a sore spot for her. "You know that the tree that produces cocoa beans for chocolate was first called Theobroma Cacao which translated means food of the gods by Carolus Linnaeus the father of plant taxonomy? So you shouldn't judge it.

Cristina and Izzie stare at her with arched brows. Before the Korean nods. "Right." Next to her George and Alex sit down.  "Hey Syph boy" Cristina greet leaning back in her chair.

George looks at Eve and Izzie. "You told her?!" The brunette furiously shakes her head. "I didn't say anything!" 

Izzie rolls her eyes. "Just Cristina." Alex just laughs biting into his sandwhich. "Syph boy it's got a nice ring to it. Kinda like superboy...only diseased." The brunette makes a disgruntled noise. "You guys are mean." she mumbles not liking how they treat their friend.

Cristina shruggs. "Izzie didn't have to say a word. Around here, the only thing that spreads faster than disease is gossip."

George shakes his head. "That's not true. Just because Izzie can't keep a secret doesn't mean everyone knows."

Just then Meredith joins them. " George, how're you feeling? Sorry about the syphilis." She says encouragingly.

"Everybody in the hospital knows?" George asks unbelieving of the situation.

"Knows you're a player." Alex says smirking lightly. George shakes his head. "You're disturbed." "You know syphilis is not a joke. In 2015 about 45.5 million people were infected with syphilis with six million new cases. And it has caused about 107.000 deaths. It's crazy." The brunette finishes making George turn to her shocked. 

"You  know Eve that's not really helping." He mumbles worriedly.

"True but George everybody has secrets be glas that yours is out." Alex concludes.

"Oh yeah? what's yours Alex?" Cristina asks smirking. "Show me yours I'll show you mine." he responds quickly making Cristina quieten down.

Eve furrows her brows at that. Is she having relationship troubles with Burke? Sure the Korean did tell her about the relationship but it was easy to tell. SHe notices stuff like that.

...

Evelyn is walking with Cristina. "You know you can tell me if something's wrong right?" The korean glances at her. "Yeah sure." Trying to dismiss the brunett. She just shakes her head pulling Cristina in a closet who's protesting loudly.

"Look I know you wanna seem tough but I've noticed that you've been off and I want you to know that I'm here for you and not judging. You always had an open ear for me. And I feel like it might've something to do with Burke cause I've had the feeling that you've been seeing him."

Cristina stares at her mouth moving but no words coming out. The brunette just stares at her sincerely.

"I'm pregnant with Burke's baby. But I'm going to abort it." She blurts out happy that she finally gets to tell someone.

The brunettes eyes widen surely not having expected that. She bitea her lip nodding. "Alright. You okay?" she asks sincerely knowing Cristina is not the hugging type. 

The other asian just nods. "I will be just please just don't mother me or anything once we walk out of this closet okay. I really am fine. I've made my decision and I'm alright with it."

The brunette nods. "Okay if you say you're alright it's fine."

When they walk out of the closet Cristina goes to search for Izzie, Eve following.

She walks up to a curtain having heard the others talking.

"Izzie, I was looking for you '. Mr. Franklin's procedure is scheduled for after lunch- What are we doing?" She asks with an intrigued tone Eve stepping in with her staring at George's butt with a questioning look.

Cristina smiles. "Cute butt"

"Told you George." meredith replies.

George quickly got up at that pulling his pants up. Completely humiliated looking at Evelyn and Meredith. Shaking his head and walking away.

Just then she got a page from Shepherd with a 911 to an conference room? She furrows her brow before starting to jog.

...

Richard called in a conference in the hall with all the staff. Eve furrows her brows standing next to George. 

"Three interns, four residents and six nurses on this surgical floor have been diagnosed with syphilis." "Oh my god George mumbles from beside her turning to burrow his face in her shoulder making the brunette chuckle.

Looks like syphilis is coming around. The crowd snickers making Patricia the chiefs assitant speak up. "This is not a laughing matter. THere are over 70.000 new cases every year. Undiagnosed syphilis can lead to blindness, insanity and death."Eve nods accurate facts. 

Suddenly she stops. Johnny is a nurse. They never set straight wether or not hey could see other people. Sure she didn't just because she didn't feel the need to have another one to sleep with. But what does she know about his opinion?

She tunes Richard in again. "...if you're having sex with another member of the staff, get tested. This is not a request." He finishes his speech with makin gPatricia give them a sex demonstration making the brunette groan. Not liking that at all. They were not children. George groans even louder just as uncomfortable. 

...

"Johnny!" Evelyn yells making the asian turn to look at her smiling brightly. "Hey Eve woah-" he yelps being pulled into a closet room.

"Look I-I'm not accusing you of anything. J-just sh-should I get tested?" she asks nervously not sure she's going to like what he might say.

Johnny just chuckles making her look at him like he's crazy. He licks his lips before grabbing her waist. "Cutie, I'm 30 years old. Do you really think I'm still sleeping around with every women I talk to?" he asks her seriously.

She let's out a breath of relief. And then smiles guiltily. "No." She mumbles fiddeling with his bracelet. His chuckling causes her to look up. "You don't have to worry okay? I'm fine with having one women to sleep with although she doesn't wanna date me." She gasps "I never said that!" She slaps his chest. "I just don't wanna label anything just yet." 

He laughs leaning down to kiss her. Once, twice and a third time. "That's okay." He whispers before walking out. She shakes her head with a giddy smile. Ther's no chance that someone is that perfect but she wanted to ignore that for know.

...

"Dr. Shepherd you paged me?" She asks breathlessly entering the room looking at chief Webber and the attending.

"Hello Chief-" "You told an intern? I told you I wanted it to stay in between her." Chief Webber yells making the brunette shrink together Derek noticing and putting a hand on her back.

"I need her chief. She's good she's been working with me for weeks. We can trust her." He says assuringly. The brunette still confused as to what is going on.

"Dr. Lee look at these scans. What can you see?" The brunette looks at them closely. Seeing the problem immediately. A tumour pressing against the optic nerve. Very concerning.

SHe points at it. "The tumour is pressing against the optic nerve. Chief is this your scan?" She asks worriedly looking at him concerned. He nods his head. "yes Lee it is. And I want you to stay quiet about this. And the surgery. Are we clear?"

The brunette nods determined. "Cristall clear sir and you don't have to worry people with tumors the size of a plump have a perfect recovery score 95 from 100 and considering that your tumour is roughly guessed the same size as an average plum there is nothing to worry about. And anyway there are also many cases with people who had a tumor the size of an apple who still came out unscattered according to a study from 2001 approximately from 50 tested people 80% were completely fine." 

The chief stares at her amazed. Derek just looks at the brunette smiling proudly. Heknw she was bright but it never failed to amaze him whenever she blurts out a new fact. "Told ya." He nods his head at her

They turn to leave.

"I'll page you when the surgery is about to happen alright?" he smiles at her making her return it. 

"Got it. Glad you took me into consideration." She replies curiously. 

"Obvously, you're good at what you do and good in my OR." he explains as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. She just grins happily. Sightly having a pep in her step while walking away.

...

Later in the OR. Derek and Eve enter.

"How're we doing?" Derek asks a slightly nervous Webber. He nods. "Did you lock up the gallery?" 

The brunette intern nods. "Yes chief gallery darkened and no one is going to enter the OR unauthorized." Derek nods in agreement. "Don't worry we're flying under the radar here."

He looks at the set up of instruments Derek plans to use. Asking questions doind the typicall doctor thing. It makes Evelyn chuckle at him soundlessly.

"You're not going too liberal with those benzos are you?" Webber asks. Eve patts his shoulder making him look up at her. She just smiles warmly and nods at him. Her gesture basically saying 'Don't worry we got you'. He nods back his tense shoulders slightly falling.

Lee was always a calming person. Derek said so himself. Even the OR staff said so themselfes. SO it was not surprise that it was working on the chief as well.

"Doctors make the worst patients. Breathe the pretty gas and stop running my OR. I've got you covered."

...

After the surgery Derek thanks everyone before they disperse. "Let's just hope for the best when he wakes up." Derek breathes out walking along with Bailey and Eve. The brunette nods. "I'm 94.56% sure that he's gonna be fine." 

Derek huffs out a laugh. "Did you guess that or?" both of her bosses turn to her. She grins and shakes her head taking off the surgery cap. "No I made a simple calculation between the cases of success and cases of failure's from 1999 to this year. Thus giving me the 94.56%" She concludes.

Bailey shakes her head turning to Shepherd. "My intern is a genius." She tells him dead serious making the man chuckle. "Oh I know." He replies really confident. "That's why I chose her." He mumbles inaudably. As Derek walks away Bailey turns to her. "Page Stevens and Yang. Tell them I want them covering your patients. You need to stay and monitor the chief." 

That makes Eve stop. She knew what Cristina and Izzie were doing and strongly suggested them against it. She stutters. "We-Well you know I-I think they're really busy right now." She nods not looking the resident in the eyes. 

"With what?" Bailey asks slightly annoyed and already sensing what was going on.

"Y-you know with. Stuff and things. Labs! Y-yeah labs." The brunette replies happy with her lie although upon seeing Bailey's face she knows she failed. 

"You are a bad liar. You are a really bad liar. And I hate it. I know exactly where they are." She finished storming aways leaving a guilty Eve. 

She shakes her head at herself. "I'm such an idiot. God."

...

Everyone is in the locker room getting changed. Meredith was later watching over Richard and also witnessed when he woke up that he could see.

Told Eve everything afterwards and him having witnessed her and Derek's moment. The brunette chuckled calming the terrified blonde down. It was no one's business in her opinion.

She pulls her t-shirt over her head when George storms in leaping at Alex knocking him to the ground. Making her gasp. "What are you doing?" she yells stepping up to George trying to pull his arm.

All women jump in between them. "George!" Meredith yells. Cristina and Izzie separate them Evelyn standing in the middle pushing both backwards.

It was a funny sight the tiniest pushing both grown men back and both not making a move because they were afraid of hurting her. Alex and George are standing staring at each other calculating the next move.

"Alex back off!" Izzie yells and pushes him backwards angrily glaring at him. "Guys come on let's all calm down please?" The brunette asks trying to calm everyone down. But the discussion just continues.

Eve takes a deep breath balling her hands into fists. "Everybody shut up!" she yells as loud as she can making the room turn silent in an instance. ALl turning to look at the tiny women who just yelled at the top of her lung not expecting that to be possible.

"Please..." she mumbles looking down sheepishly. George just huffs turning away and slamming the door.

...

After the fight Eve is walking outside and not surprised to see Johnny waiting there. He knew when she got off and always waited.

He spread his arms out. "What took you so long? Waiting for lab result for syph?" He asks loudly making the brunette run up to him covering his mouth with her hand. 

"You are unbelievable! Shut up." She tells him before pulling her hand of. Before he can say something she leans up to kiss him. 

Disconnecting he let's out a hum. "Hm wanna continue what kinda started this morning?" He asks wiggling his brows. The brunette gritts her teeth. "I told Cristina I would meet her at Joe's tonight." 

He nods understandingly. "But how about after Joe's I come over to yours and we continue this." She stops talking pulling him down connecting their lips once again. She truly couldn't get enough of them.

They were smooth and soft. Same could be said for the man. He pulled her closer deepening the kiss beoffe the brunette pulled away giggling. "I'll see you at your apartment?" He smiles. "Can't wait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 123 17
⎯⎯Greys Anatomy INTERN🩻🥼🩺 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a group of 6 start internship at Seattle grace and get more than they hoped for. DEREK SHEPHERD X READE...
37.8K 1.6K 13
Join Margo Shepherd as she navigates her way through her new home Seattle Grace Hospital Grey's Anatomy | Season 1- TBD MARK SLOAN x OC SLOW BURN #...
165K 5.7K 29
IN WHICH Courtney Grey starts her residency and has to be a mentor to four unknowing interns, while figuring out that a certain someone means more to...
815K 27.5K 37
- 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ❝ can you stop with the compliments? ❞ ❝ never. ❞ ❝ maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. ❞ ❝ n...