Corruption

Autorstwa UnknownFilters

Princess Celestia had been alive for many centuries. She had learned many things...Not all of them good. Her... Więcej

The Crystal War
The Worst Kind of Nightmare
The Statue
One Thousand Years...
Memories
Library
The Gala
The Return of Disharmony: Part One
The Return of Disharmony: Part Two
Celestia's School for Gifted Mistakes
A Changeling Problem
Keep Calm and Flutter on...
Medical Mysteries
The Box
The Infamous Royal Wedding: Part One
The Infamous Royal Wedding: Part Two
The Crystal Lie
Her Sanity
Ponyville
Missing in Action
In the Darkness of the Mind
Solar Eclipse

The Catacombs

46 2 0
Autorstwa UnknownFilters

Celestia was in the old library in the catacombs. Going over the books she reviewed a few nights ago. She quickly flipped through the pages and looked up at the rotten apple on the table. She reviewed the spell once more and activated her horn. Allowing the dark magic to go through her body until she directed it towards the apple. Instead of healing the apple. Like the spell said it would do, the apple disintegrated into ashes.

She sighed in frustration and used her normal magic to move it to the growing bucket of ash next to her and grabbed an apple from the other basket next to her. She started flipping through a new book, looking for more spells. Suddenly, she heard rustling behind her. Her ears perked up and her head turned slightly in alarm to the corridor behind her.

Somepony else was here.

She turned her attention back to the book. She decided, for the sake of her mind, she was just hearing things. Then she heard it again. She spun around in a swift motion. She came face to face with a changeling.

---

The Changling Empire had been planning an attack on Chanterlot for decades. They had never gotten it quite right. Yet, Queen Chrysalis had discovered a hidden passageway into the castle complex. A spy had been sent in. He didn't disguise himself so that he could blend into the darkness of the caverns. He had been wondering for...quite a few days and was being to feel weak from lack of love.

He was about to give in for the night, or what he assumed was the night by now when he felt an immense amount of love. Some pony with unimaginable love was nearby. He hesitantly followed where the love was located. Wondering what pony could possibly have this much love? Well, it could be Princess Celestia. But he had only seen her once. A while ago. He hadn't seen the sun in a while so he couldn't quite tell when it was.

He turned a corner and saw a pony with multicoloured flowing mane and tail, a crown, golden jewels and wings...with a horn.

Oh, no. It's Princess Celestia...

The Alicorn was frozen in place. She was as still as a stone. She was surrounded by some books and a lamp was lit with a bucket of ash and apples on either side of her. Illuminating the area. She slowly got up and turned around. He couldn't move. He just couldn't move. He was so...scared. He has never felt this...scared before. His mind screamed to run, to kill the Princess and drain the love from her then take control of the kingdom but, nothing. Just nothing!

They stared at each other for a moment. Neither dared to move.

She illuminated her horn and held him in place, he was able to let out a strangled cry as Princess Celestia circled him. Cautiously.

"Are you a changeling?" She asked. He considered lying but it would be a pathetic lie. It was obvious he was a changeling. This must be a test.

"Y-yes." He stammered out.

"Why are you here?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes at him.

"I-I-um..."

She raised back up and her expression softened. That surprised the changeling. He almost felt...safe.

"Are you a spy?"

His silence told her everything. She shook her head.

"I sense you are not...like the other changelings that I have come across. You..want to defect." She concluded. The changeling's jaw dropped in shock. How could she possibly figure that out from...Wait. He looked up at her horn to see the dark yellow magic littered with purple and black moving dots. That is not normal pony magic.

"H-how are you-? That's not normal magic!" He blurted out in growing fear.

"And you're smart." She said with a chuckle. "Strange. How would you...like to become a royal personal assistant to me?"

To say the changeling was confused would be an understatement. Yes, it is true he wanted to defect but that was private. Very private! The only way she could know is if she was reading his thoughts. But that isn't possible. No pony can do that...He had done a lot of research on ponies to prepare for the mission.

She seemed to relax more and let go of him. Glaring up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You have two options." She stated in a cold voice. "Either become a part of society. You, of course, will have restrictions, until I can completely trust you. Or. You may leave. I will wipe your memory and teleport you out of the caverns."

The Changeling was curious. This Princess was strange. She was nicer than he expected, yet...something else was wrong. He sensed a dark presence with them. He had forgotten his weakened state and collapsed to the ground as the last of his love had drained from his body. She leaned down to him, bending down towards his left ear.

"If you agree...You will never go hungry again."

"I...Agree." He concluded in a weak voice. "Help..."

---

Celestia and the Changeling, whose name was Aron, disguised as a stallion with light green fur and a black short mane and tail. Wearing small glasses on his muzzle. Occasionally using the magic from his horn to push them up. They walked down the castle corridor. Doing their best not to look suspicious.

"Th-This might have been a bad idea." Aron whispered to Celestia as they smiled at a passing maid.

"You are overthinking this. This will be...Fine." Celestia attempted to reassure him. Aron nodded and pulled out a quill and scroll from his saddlebag. "Alright. Let's start planning for the Grand Galloping Gala."

"W-What is the...Something something Gala?" Aron asked.

"Grand Galloping Gala! It is the annual dance for Canterlot. Happens once a year. Very important event." Celestia explained with a nod. Arone looked back at her with confusion.

"That is not something we have at the hive." Aron pointed out. "We just...sit all day and plan. A lot."

"Interesting..." Celestia said slowly. "Now, we have to decide on the colour scheme, the layout, who to invite. Definitely invite Twilight-"

"Isn't this a bit much? I started less than one hour ago." Aron pointed out. Celestia smiled and rolled her eyes.

"We have to make it look like you have been here since...Forever. It would make the transition easier and attract less attention." Celestia explained. "Write down some ideas."

Aron started to write down her previously mentioned ideas with haste.

"Is green okay for the party?"

"Doesn't quite fit."

"Sister?" A familiar voice said behind the pair. They spun around with a yelp and faced Luna. Celestia and Aron gave her a guilty smile.

"Hello, dear sister...L-Luna." Celestia said with hesitation. Luna raised her eyebrow towards them and nodded her head.

"Yep. That's my name." Luna said. Then she gestured towards Celestia's assistant. "Who is this?"

"My...Um...New Assistant! I needed one that will help me with all my duties. A personal Assistant because...Work. Lots of work." Celestia blabbered in nervousness. Luna kept nodding in slight confusion. Aron held out a shaky hoof to Luna.

"My name is A-Aron, Princess Luna. It's a pleasure to meet you!" He chirped with too big of a smile. Luna smiled back and shook his hoof.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, Aron." Luna replied. "Sister. I have some concerns about the Gala."

"Oh?"

"Should I attend the Gala? I know it is still a few weeks away but since I am still new to the modern Equestria nation, I don't think it would be too good of an idea." Luna said.

"Of course you should attend. It would give you a chance to familiarise yourself with the way things work now." Celestia insisted. Resting a hoof on her sister's shoulder.

"It was much easier being a dictatorship," Luna mumbled with a roll of her eyes. Aron and Celestia shared a look of concern.

"N-Not sure what that has to do with the Gala..." Aron mumbled. "Wait, Equestria was run like a dictatorship?! How long ago was that exactly?"

"Doesn't matter. Let it go. Let it go." Celestia insisted as Luna trotted down the corridor. Aron and Celestia continued down the way they were going. Aron saw Celestia flinching and taking sharp breaths. He tilted his head towards her with slight concern.

---

Celestia had settled her assistant into a comfortable room for the night and headed back to her own room to get some much-needed rest. She opened her door using her magic. She carefully entered the room. Being careful to not wake the sleeping phoenix. She lit the fireplace. Casting a warm glow across the room as she trotted towards her desk.

"Hmm, that was a bad move." The voice taunted as she grabbed her important scrolls full of tax work from her desk with a few quills. She started scribbling down equations with a scowl.

"I really don't need this useless criticism right now." Celestia replied with a mumble, moving to sit near the fireplace for more light. "You're useless option doesn't matter."

"And yet you sit there feeling guilt. Guilt over Sunset Shimmer abandoning you because of your choices. Guilt about banishing your sister. Using dark magic. Making Twilight and her friends carry out tasks that should be dealt with by you-"

"Shut up."

"You know that-"

"What part of shut up do you not understand?"

"You have been dealing with me for more than one thousand years. Grow up. Accept that you are an awful pony. Accept that you are an awful leader. An awful sister. Turn that useless guilt and self-loathing into pure power. The power to rule the way you want to rule. Give me control."

Celestia growled and concentrated on the scrolls in front of her. She sucked in a deep breath as the stabbing pain increased to new levels. It felt like her entire body was on fire.

"You are not real. You are not real."

"I am the better half of you. Accept it."

---The end of Chapter six---

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

16.3K 254 21
King Sombra has returned after he tried to rule the Crystal Empire after a 1000 years ,but this time he has a plan. Will he's plan work or end into a...
22 0 1
In this story, Princess Luna is faced with her inner demons, but she only has the will to suppress them for so long. Princess Celestia suspects somet...
2.5K 21 25
Everyone loves Princess Twilight. She's bright, sassy, and compassionate. Princess Celestia sends her a corrupted spell to fix, but when Twilight fai...
168 13 13
Taking Place before Twilight left Canterlot to Ponyville to meet her eventual friends, Twilight got a Special Present from her Teacher and Mentor, Pr...