love on the brain [Jackson Av...

By poluxblack

"But don't lose heart, dear ones; don't lose heart. Don't let it make you bitter. Try to understand. Try to u... More

prologue
cast
soundtrack
1: it's time
2:thunderstruck
3: like a virgin
4: loving is easy
5: friends
6: S.O.S
7: big eyed fish
8: baby
9: complicated
10: the one that got away
11: how to save a life
12: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
13: boulevard of broken dreams
14: another love
15: when I was your man
16: wasted
17: one and only
18: like i'm gonna lose you
19: if you love her
20: she loves you
21: the lion sleeps tonight
22: girls just wanna have fun
23: plane
24: brother
25: memories
26: price tag
27: good news
28: marry you
29: all I want for Christmas is you
30: bad guy
31: sorry not sorry
32: mother's little helper
34: I've been waiting for you
35: boys will be boys
36: perfect storm
37: the show must go on
38: can't help falling in love
39: when I kissed the teacher
40: waiting on a friend
41: I choose you
42: she's the boss
43: money, money, money
44: good fight
45: sorry seems to be the hardest word
46: dangerous world
happiness

33: boss

2.7K 82 6
By poluxblack

9x17

I drank my coffee as I went through some papers in the conference room where me and the rest of the Board were waiting for Jackson.

-Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?- Arizona asked and I rolled my eyes annoyed.

Ever since Catherine met us, they've been complaining about it. In front of me. His fiancé and the mother of his unborn son.

It was totally disrespectful.

But I hadn't said anything because I could understand that this change was way to much for us to adapt over night. Anyways, I was having enough.

-That can't be true. Can it?- Cristina added.

-Well, he's a voting member of the management team- my brother talked- and he also represents the Harper Avery Foundation.

-And their 175 million bucks- Callie complained.

-As opposed to our 15 million apiece.

-I don't get it- I frowned- weren't you the one who wanted me to ask Jackson for help? Oh- I opened my eyes faking surprise- I get it now! You wanted his money but not him to become a part of this, right?- I squinted my eyes pissed and no one said anything.

-According to Stan, not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours.

-That is ridiculous- Cristina sat down- he's a fellow.

-So are you- Mer pointed.

-But he's a plastics fellow. And I'm me- I snorted in disbelief.

-Well, let's not overreact. I mean, it's Jackson, he's not some corporate stranger. He's one of us- I gave my sister-in-law a thankful look.

-No, you're right- Derek agreed- he's a smart kid. He's gonna follow our lead.

-No, no- Callie complained again- we made this plan. We pulled it together. Look, I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm not gonna let, some...

-Plastic fellow?

-Plastic fellow tell me how to run my service.

-Okay, enough!- I got up- I've been hearing you guys complain about my fiancé for days! It's totally disrespectful of you and I'm really pissed. Just shut the hell up and suck it up 'cause if it wasn't for the Avery's we wouldn't even have a job, okay? Just shut up and show some respect if you still have some of it 'cause he didn't even ask for this!

They looked down and seconds later Jackson came in.

-I'm sorry. I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier- he put some donuts on the table and I took 2 happy to eat again but no one else took any.

-Uh- Meredith started- we've been talking about the reopening of the ER and the trauma department.

-Oh, yes. Umm...I'm not ready for that just yet.

-If you need more time with the material, we can go ahead...

-No, no, I've read it. It's just that the foundation feels like the ER is not a forgone conclusion- I sighed looking at him- they need a site visit, a chance to look over the numbers. It could be a month before a decision.

-Okay- Arizona spoke up- the foundation knows we plan on getting our Level-I trauma designation back, right?

-They know that's the idea, yeah.

-It's the fact- Callie said.

-I think we should table this until we can bring in Owen- Cristina added- he'll have a lot of thoughts on this, too.

-That's the other thing- we all looked at him- okay...since we are starting fresh, the thought is that new leadership would be good for morale.

I passed my hands all over my face. He was giving me a hard time trying to defend him.

-What, like, uh, chief of surgery?- Cristina asked.

-Firing Owen?- Mer frowned.

-Well, the foundation thinks...

-Your mother- Callie interrupted him.

-The Harper Avery Foundation- he gave her a look.

-Your mother, Avery. Just say it- she talked again and now I gave her a look.

-It's a recommendation- he snapped.

-It's an inappropriate one- Cristina said.

-Oh. Tell your mom that. This is bull...

-Respect, Calliope- I hissed.

-This is going nowhere- Arizona got up- I have a surgery.

The all got up and started to leave.

-You know- Cristina said before leaving- I don't care who's giving you your matching orders, this thing with Owen is not happening.

-Say what you want- he looked at Mer and Cristina- but without the Harper Avery Foundation, non of us are here.

-Okay why don't we just drop it?- I intervened and they both just left. I sighed turning to face Jackson.

-This is a nightmare.

-No, you're making this a nightmare- he frowned offended- you're letting this bring you down. You- I pointed at him- are the boss. You are the one that gets a saying. That decides. Not the Foundation.

-But, the Foundation...

-I don't give a crap about it. And you shouldn't either. They gave you this job without a warning? Take it. But do this your way, not theirs. Or this is never going to work. You are the boss, now accept it and don't let people talk to you like that. Be the Gunther I know you are.

He sighed leaning his back on the chair. I gave him a small smile before leaving for surgery.

...

-Owen quit?- I asked my brother during surgery.

-Yeah- he said and I knew he didn't want to talk about it.

-Oh...Jackson told me about the argument you two had at the lobby- he didn't say anything and I sighed- Derek, we both know you're not mad at Owen for what happened.

He stopped and looked up from the patient's spine to look at me.

-What do you mean?

-You're not pissed at Owen- I repeated- and I think you need to go talk to him because the way you've been treating him is not fair. He might have signed those papers, but he sure as hell would have never put us in that plane if he knew.

...

After a long day, we ended up in the conference room to sign the papers.

-Well- Arizona smiled- that's it, then.

-We're officially the new board of directors- I nodded at Cristina's words.

-Congratulations, everyone- Mer said with a smile and all got up.

-Actually- Jackson stopped us- I'd like to share a list of a few things I think are our top priority.

-You mean that the foundation thinks...- Callie started again.

-No, I don't actually mean the the foundation or my mom or these stupid protocols. I mean me- I winked at him with a half smile.

-Okay, well, let's just listen- we all sat up again.

-Number one, I move that we reinstate Owen Hunt as chief of surgery, effective immediately- I nodded in agreement- Dr Hunt has agreed to this.

-There was some conditions- Derek added and I smiled knowing he went to talk to Owen.

-Which brings me to my second point- Jackson continued- we are reopening the ER. We will be a Level-I trauma center again- everyone smiled impressed- that will be top priority once Owen Hunt is here to share his input. From now on, the foundation will follow our lead. We will tell them our decisions as we make them.

-Well, hear, hear- Callie said.

-Yeah. No, that sounds good- her wife added.

-I've got one more thing.

-Maybe you shouldn't push it, babe- I whispered making everyone chuckle.

-I think you're gonna like this- he smiled at me and he got up- we are building a new hospital. And that was your vision, not mine. My priority is to make sure your vision comes true. And while it is important that we become a leading center for research and innovation, we have to remember something, we are now officially a hospital run by doctors. That should mean something. It is our responsibility to be the best doctors we can possibly be, so that those who come after us can strive to be their best. So...- he exhaled and smiled- with that in mind, I move to rename the hospital.

-Again?- Cristina frowned.

-why would we do that?- Mer asked.

-To what?

-Let me guess- Callie said- The Harper Avery hospital?

-Callie I swear, one more sassy comment and Imma punch you- he squinted my eyes at her and she looked at me not knowing if I was for real or not.

-No, Torres- Jackson said- I propose that we give this hospital a name that can honor the very reason we've come together and been able to do this. A name that exemplifies the spirit of this hospital, but also the depth of our dedication- he showed us his paper.

Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.

-Shit, I'm hormonal- I murmured crying as everyone started to give their approval- of course I'm in favour.

They all left and I approached Jackson with a huge smile.

-You're the Gunther- I kissed him- I'm proud of you.

-Thank you- he smiled sweetly and hold my hand- now, it's been a really stressful day, why don't we go home?

-Copy that.

...

9x18

After some weeks, the ER was opened again and all the new constructions were finished. Me, on the other hand, I was almost on my last month of pregnancy.

-Jackson!- I cried with tears in my eyes as I looked myself at the mirror with my pants unbuttoned since they didn't fit me anymore.

He came seconds later with a worried and scared expression.

-What is it? You okay?- he inspected me.

-No!- I burst in tears- I'm not okay! I'm a huge cow and non of the clothes we bought last month fit me anymore!

-Oh, baby...- he approached me with a gentle smile and hugged me from my back as we both stared our reflections in the mirror- you're not a cow.

-I can't even fasten my shoes by myself- I spoke like a little kid- and I'm useless! I can't even work anymore.

-Cora, you're 5 weeks away from giving birth, there's no way you're spending ours standing in surgeries. You two are staying.

-I know! But I can complain.

-Yes you can- he agreed with me- and you are beautiful.

-Don't say that just because you love me.

-I'm saying it 'cause it's true- he smiled- you've never looked prettier than now, carrying our son.

-Stop being sweet you're gonna make me cry harder!- I hit his shoulder and he chuckled.

-Now, rest a little and I'll be here before you notice- he kissed me and left for work.

...

I had never been more bored in my life than that moment. I had nothing to do and all I could think about was my patients at Grey Sloan.

I got up and put on some Jackson's pants and a big ACDC shirt. I spent like 20 minutes trying to put on my shoes and when I was ready, I left the apartment to go to the hospital.

When I got there, all of my friends were in the lobby staring at the new hospital emblem in the wall.

-Sunshine?- Derek frowned looking at me and Jackson turned around confused.

-Before you say anything- I smiled at my fiancé- I can't be inside the apartment anymore. I was so bored I painted my nails 5 times of 5 different colours. I need this.

-You need rest- Mer looked at me.

-What are you wearing?- Cristina looked at my clothes.

-Are those my pants?- Jackson frowned.

-Yes, they are- I nodded- I'm not getting in any OR, but please can I be around? I promise I'll sit down every 30 minutes and I will drink my water and that stuff.

-Fine- he gave in- but I'm checking on you- he pointed at me and I smiled like a kid clapping my hands with joy.

-Yay!- everyone chuckled and my eyes landed on Arizona- hey, high heels? Hot ass, Robbins.

-Right?- Callie smirked agreeing with me.

...

I sat next to Alex at a nurse station eating some chips as we heard Meredith freaking out about all the possible diseases her baby could have.

-How can you not be freaking out?- she looked at me.

-'Cause she's smart- Alex said.

-I don't know- I shrugged- I guess if something was wrong with my baby it would have come up in the eco. But don't freak out till you have a reason to, Mer.

They all left and April came it.

-Hey!- she smiled at me- shouldn't you be at home?

-Nope- I smiled and she chuckled.

-How's the baby?

-Great, just 5 more weeks to see his little face- I touched my belly- how's the paramedic boyfriend?

-Terrible- she said and I frowned- I mean, Matthew's never been to the carnival. And he thinks that I haven't either because that's what I told him- I raised my eyebrows- but I have.

-Oh, yeah, you have- I smirked teasing her- I heard it.

-What?

-Jackson and I were talking over the phone the night before the boards- I told her- you know, those hotel's walls were quite thin. And then you kept banging the dude for a very long time. Eddie, wasn't it?

-Oh Lord- she murmured and exhaled- the point is that I want Matthew to go with me, but he wants to wait, which is why he's perfect, because that's what I want. I always wanted to wait, but I didn't wait. And now I just, every night, push him closer and closer. And I feel like I'm just gonna slip and buy him a ticket and shove him on the tilt-a-whirl, and then he's gonna love it, and I will have corrupted him. And I'm not a corrupter!

-Well- I chuckled- I honestly can't understand how you can live without going to the carnival everyday.

-Wait, you and Jackson still...?

-Honey, I'm pregnant, not invalid. Not completely at least. Of course we go to the carnival. There's actually a lot of positions that...

-I'm done talking about this!- she freaked out and left making me laugh as I put another chip in my mouth.

-Dr Shepherd- an OB approached me- you paged me?

-No- I shook my head and he just sighed frustrated and.

-I have this patient this time- he looked at the nurse- Talia.

-If you can find her, you can treat her- she said.

-I'm looking for Ms. Talia?- he said out loud- A Jenny Talia?- I laughed and he realized what he had said-you have got to be kidding me.

My eyes felt on Alex laughing with a patient kid. When the OB left, I walked to them.

-What are you two plotting?- I raised an eyebrow and smiled at the kid- hi, I'm Cora.

-I'm Pablo- he smiled under his mask.

-Alex, a word?- I looked at my friend.

-Oh, oh...

-So, out of all the childish, sophomoric things to do to someone- I started to tell him off- this may be the most pathetic.

-Come on, look at the kid- he said- he lives in this hospital. He never gets to have any fun. What's the big deal?

-The big deal is, I thought you were better than this- he looked down- Jenny Talia? You need to up your game- he frowned- go big or go home, kiddo.

...

The 3 of us observed the OB as he gave Bailey a specimen cup.

-Did you place a warm cup of pee next to me?- we heard her asked him pissed.

-It's my urine sample. What, should I go put it on your desk?

-If you want to die- I held my laugh as Pablo chuckled.

-But the memo says that you're in charge of the random drug test policy.

-Whatever drugs you are doing, stop!- we laughed and left before getting busted.

-Oh, God- I couldn't stop laughing- did you see her face? I think I peed on my pants. Oh, I'm too pregnant for this- I said sitting down still laughing- it was a pleasure to meet you, Pablo.

-You too, Dr Shep- he smiled at me and then Alex took him to his room.

-What's so funny?- Jackson approached me.

-Nothing, nothing- I shook my head- I just had a really entertaining day.

-I'm happy to hear that- he smiled- we tried the new ER machine today. It was amazing. And I made Bailey happy, which is weird- I smiled remembering the prank again- also...- he bent to be at the same level than me- you look really sexy wearing my pants. They look much better on you- he murmured and I kissed him.

-I'm happy you think that- I held the lapels of his bat- 'cause I'm keeping them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.2M 29.5K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...
147K 2.4K 82
It's been 4 years since Dr Cristina Yang left Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, it's been 4 years since Meredith lost her person, it's been 4 years since...
1.4M 36.3K 98
āI'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.āž She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...