Your Life In an Anthro's World

By DeltaWhiskey

Kiba Lockheart ended his day in a very average way. He crawled into bed, turned the lights out and called it... More

Wake Up Call
The Chase
The Hunt
Becoming A Refugee
House Call
Safe No Longer
Getting Out Of Town
The Other Side Of The Coin
Painful Realizations
University Ambush
Superior Tactics From The Inferior Species
Strategies and Technicalities
A Cordial Kidnapping
Twenty Questions Twenty Stories Up
Having A Heart To Heart
Beneficial Practice
A Sporting Chance
A Part Of The Team
Practice Makes Pefect
Threats And Schemes
Wolf At The Door
Moral Combat
Admittance
On The Court And In The Shadows
Shortcomings Of A Human
The Man In The Machine
Past, Present and Future
Siblings United
Going On The Offensive
Propositions And Positions
Outrunning The Witch
A Higher Power
Harbinger Of Revelation
Of Fact And Opinion
Speculation Of Future Confrontation
All Go No Stop
The Normality Of An Abnormal Life
Stalling The Stall
An Almost Covert Egress
Gambling With Fate
The Confrontation
Two Star Rescue, Five Star Reunion
The Price Of Failure
All Paths Begin To Converge
Intentions Exposed
The Culmination of Events
Author's Note
Authors Note Revised

Locker Room Showdown

860 23 8
By DeltaWhiskey

 You made it to the stadium with an uneventful car ride. You and hunter made your way over to the men's locker room to get changed. You were both pleasantly surprised to have the whole place to yourself. Hunter was already wearing most of what he needed with the exception of a pair of fingerless gloves and a jersey. You on the other hand, had a bit more work to do. Fortunately for you, not only was Malcolm able to supply you with clothes made specifically for you, but he was also able to have athletic wear made for you. However, being concerned for your safety; both he and Luna insisted that you wear padding under your basketball jersey. You really didn't want to, but they quickly overruled your vote.

You sat on a bench in the locker room as you changed your clothes. You heard the entry door squeak open before it slammed shut. That was normal, however, what was less normal was the sound of the door locking.

"Um, excuse me?'' You called out, "There's still someone in here!"

You heard heavy footsteps move away from the door and towards you. As the owner of the footsteps rounded the corner your eyes got wide.

"So sorry about that," A familiar feminine voice apologized, "This is so embarrassing, but I left something behind in here the last time I was here." The lioness from before stood before you with a grin, her yellow eyes had locked onto you with a predatory glee. "But," She continued as she set down a large duffel bag, "I'm pretty sure I know right where I left it, once I have it I'll be on my way." You looked down at the bag and quickly noticed that it was empty with the exception of some duct tape. "I'd tell you what I came for, but I have a feeling you already know." As the lioness approached you she gave you a toothy grin, "Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide."

"Then I guess we have no choice but to fight then," You replied.

The lioness paused with an amused expression on her face, "Really? You and me fighting one on one?" She asked.

You shook your head, "I wasn't talking about you when I said, we."

"He was talking about me," Hunter interjected as he jumped up from behind the mercenary and put her in a chokehold. Though to do it, he had to actually jump off the ground and onto her back.

The lioness growled in surprise before reaching behind her back for the smaller and younger fox who held her in a choke hold. As she did this however, you saw it as your opportunity. Getting a running start, you targeted one of the lionesses knees. However, she quickly saw through your plan. Grabbing hunter by his throat, she ripped him from her back and tossed him aside before turning to face you. By the time you'd realized that she was ready for you it was too late. She clamped one of her powerful paws around your throat and lifted you up with virtually no effort at all. She smirked at you as she held you there, you drew your left leg back and aimed to kick her muzzle, just as you had done with Mr. Sanders. The lioness was ready for this as she caught your foot with her free paw and grinned at you. With one foot in her grip and the other kicking uselessly at the air, there wasn't a whole lot you could do.

"I know all about your little tricks," She said as she gradually increased the pressure around your throat.

"You won't kill me," You wheezed as you tried to pry her paws off of your throat, "You can't. You wouldn't want to damage Silvia's prize, right?"

The mercenary smirked at you, "The truth is I haven't figured put what I'm going to do with you yet," She continued before flashing you a devious grin, "I might just eat you." You would have recoiled from that thought if you'd had the freedom of movement to do so. You redoubled your efforts as you tried to force her hand open.

"Put him down," Hunter growled as he got up and clenched his fists.

The woman sighed as she looked over at him with a disinterested expression, "You did your best, there's really nothing more to be done on your part. Just stay out of the way, there's no need for you to be needlessly harmed."

"I won't let you take him," Hunter replied through his gritted fangs.

"You really don't have a choice," The lioness shrugged, "I'm way out of your league, you can't stop me."

"He doesn't have to," A familiar voice interjected.

Your captor spun around to find Tanya standing in the locker room a few feet away from her. Her arms were crossed and her expression was serious, almost exactly like the first encounter you had with your attacker. The lion sneered at the fox, "What are you doing here?"

Tanya raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on her hip indignantly, "You're in the process of kidnapping someone who lives under my roof and you can't figure out why I'm here?"

"The door was locked," The woman snapped.

"It sure was," Tanya replied.

"So how'd you get in here?" The lion demanded.

"I opened the door and walked in," Tanya replied.

This only seemed to make the woman angry, "Whatever, it doesn't matter. I've got what I came for and now I'm leaving."

"Can't let you do that," Tanya returned as she uncrossed her arms and extended her claws.

The lioness almost laughed at Tanya's shift from passive to aggressive, "Do you really think you can stop me all by yourself."

"Honey, I know I can," Tanya replied, "But that's not my job today, I'm just the insurance- the backup plan if you will." Tanya then looked behind the lioness and nodded toward the space behind her, "She's here to stop you."

The lioness turned around to find Luna storming up to her with her fists clenched. Before she could even react, Luna hit her with an uppercut and followed up with a left hook across the feline's muzzle. As the large cat stumbled backwards, Luna grasped her by the throat and pushed her against lockers lining the walls. She then clasped her hand around the wrist that suspended you in the air. Digging her claws into the lion woman's wrist, Luna forced the large predator to release you. As you fell to the ground Annika came in and scooped you up before moving over to her brother.

"Are you guys okay?" Annika asked.

"I'm fine," Hunter replied with a grimace as he rolled his shoulder.

"Me too," You added after a coughing fit. Your throat felt like you'd been swallowing sandpaper.

Meanwhile, the lion had recovered from her initial shock and took a swing at Luna's head. Luna released her grip on the lioness and ducked under the attack before springing up and hitting her with another uppercut. The lioness responded by grabbing Luna by the arm and hefting her up. She then took one of her legs in her other hand and like a pro wrestler, she raised the wolf above her head. With a grunt of effort, Luna was sent spiraling across the locker room. She smashed into a group of lockers on the far side of the room before hitting the ground with a thud.

Having rid herself of the immediate obstacle, the huntress turned her attention back to you. You clenched your fist and stood up, but Annika and Hunter moved you so that they were in front of you. You tried to get around them. But the had you hemmed in between their backs and the wall. Just as the lion was coming within striking distance, Tanya came to a sliding halt between the you and the lion. Her entrance was befitting of a superhero as she stood with her legs spread and her fists clenched.

The lion scowled as she stared the fox down, "Move."

"Not happening."

"What's he worth to you?" The lioness asked, "I'm happy to split the profits with you if you'd be willing to hand him over."

Tanya frowned, "Whatever your willing to sell him for won't be enough for me."

The lioness smirked, "Are you sure about that?"

"Positive," Tanya replied as she narrowed her eyes, "Ya see I liked the kid even before I really got to know him. But then I got to spend time with him and watch him make friends. Haven't met anybody who's had a single bad thing about him... not even you."

The lioness snorted impatiently, "You done?"

"Almost," Tanya replied, "Actually, I'm surprised you haven't attacked me already."

"Oh, don't think it hasn't crossed my mind," The huntress replied, "But to be honest, I'm curious to know why you'd be willing to turn down my generous offer to protect the little twerp."

"Ah, well then let me just cut to the chase," Tanya replied. "The kid's become family to me. He's become like a nephew to me, a brother to these two kits here behind me, a friend to Malcolm and much, much more to lots of other people. And that makes him priceless."

"As touching as that is that won't change my plans and intentions," The lioness replied.

Tanya sighed, "Well that's a shame."

The lioness scoffed "Did you honestly believe that would make me reconsider?"

Tanya shrugged, "Honestly, I hoped it would. Truthfully? I knew it probably wouldn't. But it actually did buy Luna the time she needed."

A perplexed expression crossed the large cat's face for the briefest of moments before Luna plowed into her side. Wrapping her arms around her opponent, Luna used her momentum and raw strength to drive the opposing predator into the wall of lockers on the opposite side of the room. The lion grunted as her side slammed into the lockers, leaving an impression in the metallic cabinets. Luna grabbed the collar of the lioness' shirt and yanked down on it while at the same time jumping up and bringing her knee up, driving it into the feline's muzzle. The lioness stumbled backwards as Luna pursued her striking her with punch after punch from her right hand. Each punch quick, powerful and aimed at the lion's face. This went on for a few seconds before the lion snarled and launched a counter attack faster than Luna had expected. The lioness caught Luna's fist in one her punches. She then clenched Luna's hand in her own before slapping the wolf across the face and then backhanding her in one swift motion. Luna's head snapped to the right and then to the left. The lioness then planted her fist into Luna's stomach. Luna gasped for air as she doubled over. Hanging limp from the hand that the lioness still held, Luna weakly looked up at the lioness who merely frowned down at her before deliberately and dramatically releasing her hand and allowing her to drop to the ground on her knees.

"You can either stay down," The lioness warned, "Or I'll put you down."

You clenched your teeth and started to run to Luna's side, but Annika and Hunter held you in place, you then looked over at Tanya, "Help her!" You shouted.

But Tanya didn't move, "Like I told that young lady there, I'm here as an insurance policy to keep you safe. Tearing into her? That's Luna's job."

"But she's hurt! She needs help!" You protested.

Tanya didn't even so much as turn to face you, but you could tell she was smirking, "Have you forgotten what Luna used to do before you met her? She wasn't a captain. She was the captain of Silvia Deluma's police force. She didn't wash out of the game, she just started playin' for a different team."

The lioness froze up, "Wait, you mean she's the- Augh!?"

"That's right," Tanya replied as Luna thrusted her elbow into the lioness' ribcage, "That right there is the original and authentic White Fang."

Luna leapt into the air while the lioness was still recovering and performed a spin kick, bashing the side of the lioness' head with the side of her foot. The lioness smacked her head against the lockers yet again. Luna then stomped on her foot and dug her claws into the top of her opponent's paw. The lioness roared in surprise and pain and swung her fist at Luna who easily ducked under it and came up with her jaws wide open to bite down on the appendage. She was quick to release both her teeth and caws as the lion began thrashing around wildly from the pain. The wolf jumped back twice in rapid succession before running at the lioness and jumping at her to get a running start at a drop kick which struck the larger of the two fighters squarely in the chest. Both fell to the ground, but only Luna got back up. She glared down at the lion who groaned in pain as she absentmindedly clutched the forearm that Luna had bit. Luna wrinkled her snout in distaste and spat out the blood that stained her fangs before wiping them clean with her sleeve.

As she approached you, the violent and savage posture and expression before melted away into that of a the kind and caring wolf that you had come to know. She knelt down and hugged you close, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should've have gotten here sooner."

"I-it's fine," You replied, both rattled by the encounter and stunned by how dangerous Luna could be. If nothing else, she definitely had proven that she had the will and the ability to protect you.

"Luna then turned to Tanya, "Call Malcolm."

Tanya nodded, "Consider it done."

All of you jumped when you heard the door to the locker room slam shut. You all turned your attention to where the lioness had been.... She was gone. Luna narrowed her eyes as she stared at the empty space on the floor, it was time to do some hunting

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417 48 12
You never knew if you were a sea person or a surface person. You didn't even know if you were a human. All you knew is that you looked like one but w...
368K 3.3K 13
There was a changing signs in the year 2017. Scientist managed to create what people call Furry's. They mixed human DNA with that of animals and soon...
1K 36 20
Arc: Intermission ✔ Diversity (Ongoing) ─────────────────────── WARNING: -Gore -Strong Word ─────────────────────── S.A.T.R.I.A, what a pure knight...
3.4K 328 74
WARNING! This novel is an unconventional work of fiction. Anything you may read in the following episodes is solely created out of sheer satirical co...