A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

By grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... More

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Home & Reassurance
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Week 4: Olsens & Approval

14.9K 458 203
By grw255nyc

Y/N POV
I'm freaking the fuck out. Lizzie took the whole let's invited my mom over for dinner thing when we were deciding if we wanted to co-own the apartment very seriously. Her mom is currently on her way with the twins as well. I'm pacing around the living room trying to calm down but it's not working. Lizzie comes in the room finally dressed and ready for dinner. Before she heads into the kitchen to make sure everything is good to go she pauses noticing me.

"Baby? Are you okay?" She asks quietly but it still makes me jump since I didn't notice her.

"Nope, Not okay. Not at all. I'm meeting your mom. How could I be okay?" I ramble out, my hands flying all over the place.

"She's going to love you, it will be fine, love bug." She coos and comes closer to me pulling me into a hug.

"How do you know that though. What if she hates me? What if she thinks I'm a gold-digger or I'm using you for fame? What if she doesn't trust me?" I continue to ramble.

"Y/N, you need to calm down for me okay? Everyone you have met in my life adores you. Just be your charming self and it will be fine. She already knows that my sisters love you. They talk about you all the time. She's just excited that she is finally getting to meet you because she knows how happy you make me." She explains and it helps my heart rate slow down a little bit.

"Just be myself. Okay, yeah. I can do that." I run my fingers through my hair and sigh before sitting down on the couch.

"I'm going to make sure everything is warm okay?" She checks in, not wanting to leave me alone if I'm going to freak out again. I nod and she kisses my temple before making her way into the kitchen. I take a few deep breaths. I got this. It's going to be fine. It has to go fine because I plan to ask her a very important question tonight. Our door bell rings and Lizzie glides to the door to buzz our guests in. I stand up and smooth over my simple outfit. Lizzie insisted it's not a fancy thing but she looks fancy in anything.

She reaches out her hand to me and I take it letting her pull me towards the front door. A bunch of knocks sound on the door and I smile, the twins. Lizzie opens the door and I'm instantly bombarded by hugs from the twins. I have to stumble a little to make sure we don't tumble to the ground. I smile, I missed them.

"Hi, oh my god, calm down I can't understand you when you both are shouting at me." I laugh at their excitement. They pull away from their hugs and MK starts.

"We missed you so much!"

"Yeah! We see all the pictures of you and Lizzie and you're so adorable," Ash adds in. I blush and run a hand through my hair, trying to calm down from all the attention.

"I missed you too, we have to go out again once your sister leaves for work." I smile as they bounce in excitement. I've never seen them so excited. They both nod and say yes before my attention shifts to my love. I smile at the soft smile on her face observing our interaction. I shift my attention to the woman beside her and I smile wider to try and hide my nerves. I usher the twins further into the apartment to explore and shuffle closer to Ms. Olsen.

"Hello, I'm Y/N, its really nice to finally meet you Ms. Olsen." I offer my hand for a handshake, the whole kiss on the knuckles thing seems weird for her mother. My eyes flicker to Lizzie and she nods in encouragement.

"It's so nice to finally meet you Y/N, and please call me Jarnie" She pulls me into a hug without question and I feel my body relax. She's sweet. As we pull out of the hug Lizzie cuddles into my side smiling up at me, I return the smile but turn my attention back to her mother.

"Here, let me get your jacket. Feel free to take your shoes off and explore." I help her with her jacket and hang it up for her. She whispers something to Lizzie then goes to find the twins who are also exploring the apartment.

"See? You're fine." Lizzie teases when we are left alone. I take a deep breath and nod. She pecks my lips before pulling me into the living room. Lizzie gently pushes me onto a chair and settles into my lap sideways to face her sisters and mom on the couch. "So? Is it amazing or what?" She asks, wanting their opinions on the new place.

"It's beautiful, you two did amazing."MK comments and Ashley nods in agreement.

"Lizzie did most of the work, it was very entertaining watching her pick between different knife sets that looked exactly the same." I tease.

"You helped picked the apartment though, and you picked the knife set." She mentions and I smirk.

"I picked a random one, I didn't see any difference, my love" I admit and she scoffs.

"It really is beautiful girls, I love the exposed brick and all the decorations. Simple, elegant but also comfortable."Jarnie adds in.

"So Y/N, how was London?" Ashley asks and my eyes light up, remembering our amazing trip.

"It was amazing! We did all the touristy things and we even went to Stonehenge. It was so fun." I smile up at Lizzie.

"Why don't you show them all your pictures?" Lizzie suggests and I practically jump up before realizing she's sitting on me. Everyone laughs at my excitement and I blush, finally getting up once Lizzie stands too. I head into our office and find my Adventure Book and bring it back. The twins made a space between them for me to sit so I can show them, their mom next to MK leans over to see too.

"There are a lot of your sister, I couldn't resist she's just way too beautiful." I shyly explain when I realize how many photos I actually took of Lizzie.

"This one is adorable." Her mother points out and I smile at the selfie in the Rose Gardens.

I look up to make eye contact, "It took us a while to get the hang of taking a selfie with a Polaroid." I joke and she smiles softly. I turn to the pages of all our failed attempts and she laughs at the goofy faces and angles we got. I flip to the page where one of my favorite pictures I took is, the one of Lizzie where she's looking at me, an intense love in her eyes. I rub my thumb over her face and smile, sighing in happiness.

"Damn Lizzie, those heart eyes are intense." MK comments and Lizzie comes over to see what we are talking about.

"You look so happy honey." her mom comments and Lizzie smiles at her.

"I am really happy mom." she confirms and winks at me. I blush and continue explaining all our adventures. The twins soak it up loving my stories and I make a few good jokes because all the Olsen's are laughing at one point. Eventually, the oven dings and we shift our party to the dining table. I help Lizzie with the table, putting things where she tells me to before settling in next to her mom.

"The twins mentioned that you're a dancer Y/N" Jarnie starts as we start plating our food.

"I am, I used to dance competitively then minored in dance at NYU. I force Lizzie to dance with me all the time." I say shyly, getting awkward with the attention on me.

"Oh, I've seen the pictures of your little jam session in Astoria, that was hilarious." She comments before continuing. "I used to do ballet back in my day." She smiles in my direction and my eyes light up realizing we have something in common.

"I didn't know that. Lizzie mentioned she did ballet, were you her inspiration?" I ask, keeping a conversation going.

"I'd like to think so, she was always so independent and did her own thing, but somehow I got her into ballet. She was really good at it too." She continues and I soak in the information wanting to know more about young Lizzie.

"I can totally see Lizzie being all I want to do my own thing and all hipster about it." I tease my girlfriend and her mom gives me a mischievous look confirming my assumption.

"Okay, you know what, I invited everyone over to have a nice meal, not to pick on me." She complains lightly, passing over some salad. I take it from her with a grin which she returns before continuing. "Start eating before she says something embarrassing."

"Please say something embarrassing" MK eggs her mother on and Ashley laughs. I smile over at my girlfriend, my heart happy that her mom seems to like me.

"Lizzie used to follow the twins around all the time. She worshipped her big sisters, it was so cute. They loved the attention of course." I smile at the anecdote and munch on my salad.

"We used to make her to dumb things all the time." Ashley confirms and I quirk an eyebrow in question.

"One time we told her that if she didn't eat her broccoli she would grow an extra toe." MK reveals and Lizzie rolls her eyes. I laugh and remember similar things my big brothers used to tell me to trick me too.

The rest of the dinner is amazing. The food was yummy of course and we had really good conversations. The twins and Lizzie are talking about something and I take the opportunity to pull Jarnie away. "Would you mind going for a walk with me?" I ask quietly and she gives me an amused grin realizing I'm trying to discreetly steal her away. We make our way up to the roof and she comments on how beautiful it is. "Yeah, it's a shame we can't see the stars, the city lights will have to do." I agree and wipe my clammy palms on my pants.

"What would you like to talk about, Y/N?" She asks softly and I look up to smile sheepishly.

"I um. I know we just met and this is kind of a big deal but um. I love you daughter deeply. So deeply it scares me sometimes." I sigh.

"Oh, that is very clear honey. I saw it the minute I met you. I know you're young and the commitments you've made to my daughter are huge. It's okay to be a little scared." She assures me and I smile at the motherly comfort.

"I want to make another commitment to your daughter. Not any time soon, but eventually. I want your permission well in advance before it comes time. So, when the time is right, I was wondering if I'd have your permission to ask Lizzie to marry me." I timidly ask, my eyes watching my fidgeting hands.

"Wow, honey. You are already thinking about that?" She clarifies.

I nod softly, looking up to make eye contact to make sure she knows I'm being sincere. "Lizzie is it for me. We have this connection that's indescribable and beautiful. I think she's the one that's meant for me. I want to spend the rest of my life making her happy, taking care of her, and protecting her from anything I can. She's extraordinary and every day we spend together I fall more and more in love with her. It's all-consuming and intense, but also calm and comfortable, natural even. She makes me feel so many things with one look. It would be my honor to get to call her my wife one day." I ramble on, a pressure settles on my chest at my confession, a physical reminder of how intensely I feel for her. I notice her smile grows slowly and she pulls me into a hug.

"You two have a lot more to go through, but if you think the time is right, whenever that is, you have my approval Y/N. I can see and feel your love for my Lizzie, and I've only known you for 2 hours. Take care of our girl okay?" She requests as she pulls away. I nod and wipe at my eyes before I let her take over, using a tissue from her pocket to dry my cheeks. We both calm down and make our way back to the apartment. The girls look over to the opening door and Lizzie tilts her head in question. I smile at her adorable concerned face.

"I just went to show your mom the roof, I think we should get some plants and create a mini jungle up there. She agrees." I make up and her mom nods in agreement. The twins smirk and I have a feeling they know exactly what happened but Lizzie seems to accept the story. The rest of the night is amazing. Her mom offers up more stories about young Lizzie and the twins tell stories about all the things they made her do. Most of it is harmless and adorable. We walk the Olsen's out to their car to make sure they get in safe. Hugs are given all around and her mom gives me a sly look winking at me before getting into the car.

"See? That wasn't that bad at all." Lizzie comments as we lock the door.

"It was really nice." I agree, a huge smile on my face. We get ready for bed and snuggle in close together. "I love you so much." I whisper.

"Mhm, I love you too baby." She response in a sleepy voice. I kiss her head and snuggle in further and close my eyes, hoping to dream about my future with Lizzie.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N Pretty sweet chapter for week 4. Enjoy me packing on all the fluff before book 2 😈. Two more chapters until the end! Let me know what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

867K 24.2K 51
(Book 1/3 of Club Echo) Y/N is a very well known DJ at a popular club in LA. What happens when one day a certain celebrity by the name of Elizabeth...
29.4K 2K 14
Right after Wanda destroys Mount Wundagore, she is transported to another universe where superheroes don't exist, rendering her powerless and making...
100K 3.6K 26
Story is about Elizabeth olsen, the woman who is amazing and talented but doesn't know what real love is, she thinks that her relationship Is good an...
7.1K 261 17
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...