A New York City Dream ~ Eliza...

By grw255nyc

Y/N is just a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. One day she esc... More

Parks and Strangers
Nicknames & Hobbies
Texts & Obsessions
Secrets & Escapes
City Lights & Subways
Students & Sisters
Air Matressess & Iron Man
Waffles & Dancing
Breaks & Sweatshirts
Music & Groceries
Dancing & Chicken
Math & Spam Messages
Cleaning & Shopping Bags
Vessel Views & Subway Talks
Gym & Jim
Poetry & Picnics
Teasing & Selfies
Fights & Rumors
Morning Snuggles & Rooftops
Confessions & Kisses
Morning Kisses & Conversation
Boats & Bikes
Plans & Rules
Outfits & Hips
Confidence & The Interview
Dinner Plans & Moodiness
Laundry & Insecurities
Grinding & Drinks
Hangovers & Serenading
Playlists & Breaking the Rules
Turtles & Lists
Emotions & Solutions
Comfort Show & Hickeys
Avengers & Chocolate Cake
Buttons & Tongues
Fingers & Strawberries
Adoration & Showering
Magical Fingers & Realizations
Love & Roof Fun
Flight & FaceTime
Tattoos & Chaos
Flowers & Tension
Wrists & Dimples
Mom & Little Italy
Presents & Promises
Apartments & Movie Marathons
Mood Swings & Massages
Articles & Fallon
TSA & Flight Naps
Exploration & Bath Time
Recap & Soulmates
Stonghenge & Dinner
Fight & Flight
Week 1: Soho & Shopping
Week 2: Transitions & Movie Night
Week 3: Museum & Memories
Week 4: Olsens & Approval
Week 5: Tattoos & Packing
Dreams & Reality
Author's Note

Home & Reassurance

17.8K 458 61
By grw255nyc

Y/N POV
After giving the paparazzi another show when we touch down in New York, we hop into an Uber to head back to my apartment.

"Why do you pose for the paparazzi? I thought getting your picture taken randomly wasn't your thing?" Lizzie questions during our ride.

"I figured if they are going to take pictures I better give them some good stuff. People thought our little performance in the street was adorable. And they seem to like when I joke around with the paparazzi. If I want your fans to like me I gotta give them something to like." I shrug.

"You're cute, but even if my fans didn't like you I would still be with you." She assures me and I shrug.

"It's weird having cameras pointed at me, so I chose to make the most out of it and joke around. It's better than letting it freak me out." I conclude and kiss her cheek. She nods, accepting my answer.

We pull up to my building and get our stuff out of the car. I find my keys and let us in. I open up the door to my apartment and sigh. It feels good to be home. I smile at the little reminders of Lizzie around the space and jump when she smacks my ass.

"Would you go in, I'm tired babe." She grunts and I realize I'm blocking her path inside.

"Oh sorry" I shuffle inside and we dump our bags in the living room. We are both exhausted from traveling so we decide to take a shower then head to bed. She falls asleep easily, cuddled up to my side but I lay awake. Despite how tired I am I can't seem to calm my thoughts enough to fall asleep. 5 more weeks. That's all I get before we are both back to work, on opposite sides of the country. I think about the time difference and how we will have to find a time to call each other that works for the both of us. I think about the breaks I have from school and affording a plane ticket to visit her. She probably doesn't have a lot of time off during filming so I'm probably going to be going to her most of the time but that doesn't bother me at all.

I briefly think about finding a different job. I like teaching, I like the school I'm at, but I've always wanted to do more. I want to design curriculum or be a consultant. I could even be an online teacher and create a blog for teachers. There are options where I don't have to be confined to one place. I can travel with her and still be in education. It would be a big change, and would take a while to figure out but at least I would be able to be with her. She wouldn't like me changing careers just for her though just like I didn't like the idea of her buying an apartment just to be closer to me. I sigh softly and push the thought to the back of my head. I can look into it if it comes to that.

I look down at Lizzie, her face relaxed and beautiful. I would do anything for her but at the same time I have my own life plans. Anxiety fills my stomach at the thought. Her and Robbie broke up because they were on different paths and wanted different things. What if we break up because of our different paths? What would make our situation any different? Being on different paths is even more a given for us because of our different life styles and careers. I bite my lip and will the tears to go away. Why would it work out with me and not him? The insecurities flood my body and I'm about to get up to go on a walk or something when Lizzie mumbles something in her sleep.

"Y/N" she mumbles between incoherent words. I soften and realize whatever she is dreaming about includes me. I watch her face scrunch up and pout at her furrowed eyebrows. I push between her eyebrows and her face relaxes. "Love you" she mumbles out and snuggles her face into my neck. Her lips move against my neck as she continues mumbling random shit. I check the time and notice its 3 am. I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping to fall asleep and I guess it works because I wake up to kisses on my lips hours later.

I open my eyes slowly and smile at Lizzie's adorable bed head. "Get up, princess. We are going on an adventure." She states with excitement and I yawn in response, covering my mouth.

"What time is it?" I ask, hugging her close to me.

"9 am." She responds before kissing me, knowing I'll grumble about how early it is.

"Where are we going on this adventure?" I ask, accepting the affection.

"Did you sleep?" She questions instead and I open my eyes to see her concerned ones on me.

"Um, you did just wake me up so yes?" I respond.

"No offense, but you look exhausted and you can't keep your eyes open." She searches my eyes and I rub at them sighing. Busted.

"I uh, I had trouble falling asleep, but I'm fine." I respond, rolling us over and snuggling into her neck. She runs her fingers through my hair and I kiss her neck a couple of times before pulling away to look at her. "I'm okay to go on our adventure. So where are we going?" I ask again.

I watch as she has an internal battle, before sighing and giving in to my determined attitude. "The High Line seems like fun, its going to be a nice day so it will be a nice walk." She explains and scans my face for my reaction. I smile and nod before rolling out of bed to pee. We get ready for our day and Lizzie stops me before I head out the door. I turn and throw her a questioning glance. "You forgot your sunglasses, AirPods and to tie your shoes." she points out and I look down at my shoes. Oh. I bend down and tie them before taking my sunglasses and AirPods from Lizzie with a grateful smile. She throws my keys in her purse and follows me out and to the subway with her hand clasped in mine. I can tell she's worried but I try to smile through it to make sure she knows I want to go on an adventure with her.

We bop our heads to Dreams my Fleetwood Mac and I smile remembering our first grocery store trip when we were just getting to know each other. I look over at her and smile at her dazed look as she nods subtly to the beat. I lean over and kiss her cheek and she smiles pecking my lips. We get off on our stop and find our way to the start of the High Line. Sweet Creature starts playing and I stop, pulling her to one of the platforms at the start of the old train tracks. She looks at me in confusion as I pull her to the side and wrap my arm around her lower back. Her face breaks out in realization and she wraps her arm around my neck, already swaying to the music with me.

"We haven't danced like this in forever." She states quietly looking around the quiet corner I pulled her into.

"Figured we should dance as much as we can before you leave." I say softly and she frowns. I kiss between her furrowed eyebrows and continue, "I know you don't want to and I promise I don't feel like you are abandoning me." I assure her, knowing what her frown is about.

"How did you? You know what I shouldn't be surprised at how you can easily tell what I'm thinking anymore." She accepts and I smirk, resting my lips against her forehead as the song ends. I twirl her around before pulling her to my side to start walking along the path. We continue in our comfortable silence as my fingers play with her ring, twirling it around with my thumb. "It's going to work you know?" She asks and I give her a confused look.

"What is, Angel?" I ask, confused where the random statement came from.

"Us. It's going to work. I know you are worried, I am a little bit too. But, I believe that our connection will get us through the next year. Through filming, the Dr. Strange Premier and whatever else that comes up, I think we can do it. As long as we stick to what you value most. Honesty and communication. I promised you that I would love and support you through anything and to make you happy and I intend to keep that promise no matter where I am. It won't be the same, but I'll be with you which will always be enough." She finishes her ramble and it puts me at ease.

"That makes me feel better baby thank you. I uh. I think we should also accept that we may fight and things might happen. But if we just keep up our open communication then it should be fine. Our schedules are going to be a mess and I'm going to have to go without touching you for way too long. I'm going to be grumpy. But, I promised I would be patient and trustworthy, to love you through anything, and do my best to make you happy every day. I intend to keep my promises too. Being apart will make it hard, but I really hope we can both keep those promises because we both really want to." I ramble and sigh. Our bubble has always been bliss, but we have to remember reality. Our reality can't be perfect and if we get used to that idea then if something happens we won't be blindsided.

"You make great points. I feel like we will have fights and be frustrated, but I also think we will figure it out." She hums in thought and I nod.

"As long as we end up back together, any shit that we go through will be worth it." I conclude and she wraps her arm around my waist in response. I wrap an arm around her back and keep her close as we make our way through the path getting closer and closer to Chelsea. Our talk made me feel better even though I'm still sad about it. But, we still have time together and I intend to make it the best 5 weeks ever. We explore Chelsea Markets to end our day and Lizzie forces me back home when I start swaying in exhaustion.

I slide into bed for an afternoon nap and Lizzie cuddles up to me while she watches Schitt's Creek. I pass out pretty quickly due to her rubbing my back and massaging my scalp and it was probably the best sleep I got in the last few days. The impending separation can wait, time to make the most of the time we have together without being a big mope.
______________________________________________________________________________________
A/N A slightly shorter filler chapter to set up the last bit of the book. Not my fave but yeah. Fluff for the rest of the book! Anyway, let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 10.2K 48
Lizzie Olsen & Female Reader Book 1: Y/N is a 25 year old high school teacher in Florida who loves Marvel (duh), sharks, music and writing. When her...
788K 21.3K 61
Y/N is far from a normal twenty something year old working her way through life in New York City. She's a twenty something year old engaged to Elizab...
6.7K 286 14
Life hasn't been that easy on Y/N since her teenage years: losing her mother who was one of the brightest broadway actress of her generation, an unkn...
7K 261 17
After getting a phone call from her cousin, Y/N, is offered an assistant job to an A-Lister Celebrity. Although it's not her dream to be an assistan...