The Cursed Girl

By White_Ferret

Cyrus Lestrange is a powerful and dangerous witch. She had been to multiple magical Schools and Academies, Cy... More

Mysterious Girl
Home Sweet Home
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts Express
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
The Incident
Connecting...
Secrets
The Tour of Hogwarts
The Dagger Scar
Ignore
In the Gryffindor Tower
!Authors Note!
Hogsmeade
Always in the Library
The Funeral
Leaving Hogwarts
First Day
Harsh Days
Christmas Break
Letters and Secrets
Over Time
Returning
Great Way of Starting The Day
Fights and Confessions
First Task
Simply a Kiss
Golden Egg
How Incredible
The Yule Ball
Second Task
The Maze...
Gone
The Aftermath

Better Days

47 1 0
By White_Ferret

Cyrus' POV

4 weeks later

Hearing knocking at my door, I quickly open it. "Hey, Felix." 

"Are you ready?" 

"Just remember to have your wand ready to catch Flutter. Don't worry about me." 

"I'm just surprised you changed in all your classes. You were determined to teach Flutter so bad you changed yourself in four looong weeks. Longer than this hall."

"I'm having better days lately. And teaching her to fly will make my whole life better. Even make my curse feel lifted. My curse and I have become best friends." 

"Well then, come on." He smiles, following him to the stables I see Flutter fluttering her wings at the sight of me. 

Running to her with a saddle and gear. "Ready to fly Flutter?" Questioning the yipping Pegasus I strap the saddle on her. 

"Ready, Cyrus?" 

"Stop asking me that Felix. I got this and so does Flutter...Hopefully." settling myself on her back I take a deep breath, securing my wand in my hand just in case I nod my head. "Fly Flutter!" Yelling she runs out of her stable and wobbles her way in the icy cold air of December breeze. 

"Oh, Salazar!" I yell as we continue to wobble in the air. 

It all happened so fast, we were flying then we weren't. 

Falling from the sky, with snow flying into my eyes turning my cheeks red from the freezing air. I see Flutter gets caught by Felix holding her up with the levitating spell. As for me, I fall with my wand nowhere to be seen. Screaming for dear life I get caught in the air. Looking up Kathryn catches me. 

Setting Flutter and Me down gently I run to Flutter, through the powdered sheet of snow, whining I feel horrible. "We'll keep practicing Flutter. This isn't the last time."

"Heres, your wand." Kathryn hands it to me with a grin. 

Breathing heavily I explain, "I must have dropped it when we were heading up into the sky. It happened in the blink of an eye." 

"Are you okay!" Felix runs up to Kathryn and me. 

"We are fine. Thank you for catching her. I don't know what'd I do if she didn't survive that fall." 

"I wouldn't want to hurt her." Felix pets Flutter back as Kathryn holds onto my shoulder. 

"I'd say, she did better than any Pegasus would on her first flight day. It's been a good start to a good day." Kathryn shudders at the incident that had just happened. 

Pasnys' POV

Weeks went by and Draco was officially alone, no one wanted to talk to him. And honestly, I always thought he deserved it. But he began to skip eating and sleeping, then he dropped out of quidditch. 

Finally, eventually, I felt bad for him so naturally, I planned to help him. Hermione, Harry, Ron, Luna, Ginny, Tracey, The quidditch team, Cedric Diggory, Malcolm Preece, and I forgave him at lunch.
(though I don't think they really are sorry.) 

Sitting at the dining table waiting for the mail, Draco starts eating. I smile with sadness, "Cyrus would be proud of you, Draco. Even if she wouldn't have shown it." 

"Let's not talk about her. I guarantee she has forgotten about us so why shouldn't we forget about her?" Draco's cold voice shatters everyone's focus on their food. 

"Malfoy, how could you say that!" Hermione yelps behind us. 

"She's at some preppy school. She finally decided, oh it's my home, she forgot about us. I mean why wouldn't she write us? Unless she's trying to erase all of us out of her life." 

Draco says valid points but she's a best friend to never forget. "Pansy, you even gave Cyrus's side of the room to Daphne, clearly you are trying to forget the past." 

"Stop! Draco, we apologized, we never asked for your opinion on Cyrus!" Newt shouts and stomps away. I don't blame him, Draco is way out of line. That's when the mail comes. Having a couple of letters land in front of me I smile. 

"It's Nymphadora! I've been lettering her seeing how Cyrus is doing." I explain it to Luna, Hermione, and Ginny. 

"Well, that does it say!" Ginny squeals. 

Opening the letter I read, "Cyrus has been doing great. We all got to see her on Thanksgiving, her smile is always there along with that smirk of hers. I believe she's doing great. She doesn't write as often as she did when she was at Hogwarts but that's because she is getting help from her group of friends to be on the best of behavior. She really wants to ride her Pegasus." My heart shattered by those words.

"At least she's happy?" Luna sighs.

"A pegasus? Why does that sound strange with the name Cyrus?" Ginny itches the back of her neck saddened. 

"She has a group of friends. That's great." Hermione smiles a fake smile and starts pacing. 

"I have another letter." Mentioned I, they all calmly sit down again. "This one says, Well, Pansy, Cyrus has accepted her scar, she no longer looks for a cure without love. She still doesn't feel loved but her friends have taught her they care for her. And she has said all she needs is care. I bet she misses you. She no longer writes to me anymore but she is getting good reports. Letter me again if you want to know anything." I finish reading as tears fall down my puffed cheeks. 

Standing up and slowly walking away Draco whispers, "Told you." Turning around I shout at him; 

"I don't care Draco! She is my best friend! I have to hope she will always remember me!" Then I storm off to my now shared dorm with Daphne. 

On my way to my dorm I mumble, "I don't care, I will never forget about Cyrus." 

Cyrus' POV

"Right foot in front, left foot back, then sway your partner. After the sway, you better be facing the opposite direction." Mrs. Pelpous directs. "Now, look at your partner in the eyes, that signals that it is time to twirls them off their feet. after the twirl, you switch partners and repeat."

Looking in Claude's eyes, he meets my eyes and then twirls me around in the air but drops me and he falls on top of me over my torso. "Lestrange and Levender, you two need to either find new partners or start practicing after class."

"Uhm, I'm sorry Cyrus. we need to split I'm no good." 

"No way, Claude! My dorm is in the east wing by the dueling Block on the first floor, it's at the end of the longest hallway, meet me after dinner and bring confidence, I heard she's very helpful." Hugging him, and letting go I smile. 

"We will dance the night off until we can prove we are good enough partners. We'll get a great grade for this ballroom test thing. I promise, I don't bite, only if I hate you." Winking I walk away.

I meet my other friends in the Culinary Arts room. "Hey, you three." I perk my voice as I see my friends. 

"Hey girl, almost Christmas break. What are you doing on break?" 

"Go to my house of course!" I answer while fixing my fancy blue magic hat on my head with my low bun make out of my uniquely colored hair. "But, tonight I'm staying up to help Claude dance." 

"Oooh! you're helping Claude Levender dance? All. Night?" Lydia says eagerly. Candice and Kathryn wink and raise their eyebrows. 

"Shut up, he's just a friend, now focus or I'll turn you into ducks and cook you for the first years." My voice threatening to make them get shivers. 

"Glad to know you haven't changed completely." Candice swallows.

"Don't think for a second I have changed you rapid possum," I smirk devilishly and I look at Mrs. Plumpton. 

"I forgot to ask, but how did Flutter do today?" Candice changes the subject. 

"She did okay for the first day. She'll be amazing in no time."

"That's great!" She smiles

Pansys' POV

"Knock knock." 

"Come in, Draco." My voice strange while saying his name. He walks in with his eyes colored with tears like mine. He sits in the desk chair Daphne and I share. The one Cyrus used to spend her nights in, sometimes I'd like to think it still smells of her rosy smell.

"What I said today at breakfast... I didn't mean it. I-I just wish I could feel that way towards her. But in reality, I miss the bipolar mysterious girl that used to sleep in that bed behind me." 

I smile as he mentions the bed. "I remember the times I caught you staring at her while she slept. The one time you traced your finger on her belly and blushed at the goosebumps she got." 

He snickers, "Little did we know, she was awake. how do you think she found the book about her scar?" 

"Oh damn, I lied to her about what you did." 

"Clearly she didn't mind." He laughs the laugh I missed. It feels good talking about Cyrus like this, it's almost like she's still here...

"Do you think she even remembers us?" Draco asks out of nowhere. A question I can't answer without breaking down. "I mean... she would definitely write to you."

"She said she would. In her note. I actually got one letter from her, it was Thursday nights I got the letter."

"What did it say?" 

Grabbing a letter from my end table drawer I open the letter and clear my throat. "Hey Pans' I'm at my school I call home. I got in trouble on purpose. It was in Etiquette class, yelling at my teacher saying I don't have manners. I really don't. I met a new friend, and to be with her I need to change my ways a little. But don't you worry, the same old Cyrus will never leave you. She made it sound like she'd keep sending letters but that was a month ago." 

"I didn't even get a letter. So you should be lucky you got two." 

"She must really hate you then." I giggle at him as he curls his lip at me. 

"Shut up you pug face." He teases. 

"She'd want us to be happy. So for her Christmas present. I say we all go back to being happy. Be our normal selves. But not forget her." 

"I like that present." 

I smile at him and think, "What do you think she's doing right now?" 

He stops to look to the ground, and back up at me again. "Probably causing mischief? I'm not entirely sure. Maybe... making some girl cry?" 

"Wow, Draco you make her sound like she's an evil villain." 

We laugh together like in the old days. I guess this bad day turned good. 

Cyrus' POV

"Okay, step in front with your right foot. Have your left foot stay in the same position in the back. Good, now sway me however you feel. It can cause us to move position, it can be a twirl, it's whatever you feel." I smile. 

He sways me pressing our bodies up against each other. Forcing me to move my hips in a clockwise circle along with his hips pressed up against me. We face the mirror that was behind us, I cheer, "Yes. Very good! now, look me in the eyes. and twirl me in the air. Over your shoulders, doesn't matter. As long as I'm off my feet." 

He chuckles nervously. Picks me up off my feet, lifts me off my feet, our faces inches apart, he twirls me twice around, setting me down I am facing away from me but still holding his hand. 

"Yes! After thirty minutes!" I giggle and hug him. He hugs me back with passion. Letting go I yell, "I'm so happy I can kiss you!" When it pops out my mouth my face goes plain for I am reconnecting. 

"Wha-" 

I pull my finger up to his lips and say, "Shhhhhh..." 

Thinking about what to say next he giggles then bursts out laughing as hard as he can. I freeze confused and worried. "You're too cute Cy', I get you didn't plan what you said. I've done that before. So, there is no need for you to be embarrassed."

"Oh thank Salazar." Sighing I rest my hands on his chest and rest my head in the middle of my hands. He holds my back with one hand and pats my head with the other hand. "Thank you for understanding me." 

"Of course. I'm here for your embarrassing moment." 

"Okay, now let's get back to the dance. So we have it down." 

"After you ma'lady." He smiles like a gentleman. 

* Bonjour simps! Are they long enough chapters? Or do they need to be longer, because I honestly feel like I'm not writing enough =-= *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 151 20
The daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange finally goes to Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But with her mother as one of the most dangerous dea...
223K 7.8K 54
It's the Golden 5's fourth year at Hogwarts. Two European schools will join Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament. But what if the Tournament was a s...
17.5K 166 67
Meet Jaya Smith or is that her true identity? Her whole life shes lived a life but what if all that life was false? What if what she thought had been...
332 20 31
Cassidy Volant, the angelic and beautiful granddaughter of the famous wizard Vanessa Volant, is in her fourth year at Hogwarts and with her fellow Sl...