Gut Feelings (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey! This is my first story so I know it's not that great! I don't own any of the tangled series character! ... More

Eyes Watching
Sapphire
Adventurine
Spirit Guide
Old Memories
Witch Hunt
Raccoon Trouble
Meadow Dance
Loving Eyes
Comfortable Silence
Wand Search
Unexpected Visitors
Conflicting Feelings
Fake Shop
First Customer
Phony Scientist
Pushed
Constant Interruptions
Not That Handsome
Nose Bleeds
Familiar Locket
Red Mist
Legends
Powers
Familiar Faces
Zodiacs
Comfy
Bruising
Dirty Cheater
Can it, Dwayne
New Friend
Great Moms
Constellation Quiz
Protect Her
Ride home
Protection
Letters
Blizzard
Hot Chocolate
Pillows
Shivers
Art Class
Portals
Strange Liquid
Secrets
Graphtyc
Masked Men
Daddy Daughter Talk
Finally Back
Tunnels
The Flower
Stirring Patterns
Distraction
Walking a Tightrope
Automaton Attack
All My Fault
Ready as I'll Ever Be
Flickering
Invitation
You Can Count on Me
Cupcakes
Go Big or Go Home
Quiet Night
I Do Adore
Money Solution
Spiders
Missing
Secret Plans
Wedding Crashers
The Weasel Returns
Bees
The Collector
Goodwill Event
The Gopher Grab
Late Night Talks
The Package
Meeting Fate
Surprise
Entering the Forest
Story Time
Taking a Chance
Manipulation
Waiting
Cursed Teapot
The View From Up Here
Egg Thief
Vigor the Visionary
Wheel of Fortune
Blood of the Coven
The Spire and the Box
Friends on the Other Side
To the Spire
Offerings and Scroll Pieces
Bubblegum
Shipwrecked
It's Tough to be a God
Fire Trouble
The Beginning of a Love Story
Hookfoot's Magical Date
Little Pumpkin
According to Plan
Sadness Brings Happiness
Sea Shanties
Screams
Lazy Morning
Cleansing and Counter Curses
Moose Teeth
The Eye of Pincosta
The Big Match
Wand Beats Karate
Mixing Incantations
The Great Tree Attack
Livin' the Dream
Wild Dance Off
Uncomfortable Atmosphere
Day One
Everything Stays
A Place to Stay
Mirror Image
Spinning Top
Shadow
Puppies
Where Are They?
Obvious
With You By My Side
Would He?
Unfinished Business
Sequel???
Just A Hunch

Avast Ye

619 19 21
By boxxieofbox

After awhile, Cassandra came over to get us from the main deck to bring us below deck with everyone else. She invited us to play charades with them, but we declined. I was reading a book about mystical creatures with Varian's head rested on my lap. I ran my hand through his soft hair while he read my Flynnigain Rider book that Eugene gave me for my birthday. Every so often I would stop running my hand through his hair to turn the page and his hand would go blindly searching for it to bring it back to him making me giggle. Sunny was sitting next to me and Ruddiger was in Varian's chest.

I peeked down to glance at Varian to see him completely immersed in his book. I ran my fingers through his hair and stopped when my fingers touched his blue stripe. "Sapphires?" I asked softly and he glanced up at me with soft blue eyes and a soft smile across his freckled cheeks. "Yes, milady?" He asked and I lightly tugged on his stripe. "How did you get your stripe?" I asked and he held his stripe in between his fingers. "Oh, it was an accident when I was really little. It was when I was first getting into alchemy." He said going back to his book and I stared at him slightly shocked. "That's it?" I asked and he looked up at me. "What do you mean that's it? That's what happened." He said shrugging his shoulders. "That is not what I thought it would be." I said and he rolled his eyes. "Not everyone has crazy childhood stories, milady." He said and my eyes widened. "Touchè, Sapphires. Touchè." I said going back to my book.

I came across a section with a picture of a black cat looking strikingly similar to Sunny. I pulled my hand away from Varian's hair and held the book up next to Sunny. "Sunny, are you sure you're not a Grimalkin?" I asked half jokingly. He simply meowed and rolled over onto his back showing me his stomach.

"This is a trap isn't it?" I asked and Varian looked over to Sunny and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm gonna do it." I said determined and Varian stuck his head back into his book. "You're gonna get scratched." He said not even looking at me. I started to pet Sunny's stomach and he was purring. I turned to Varian with a smirk and he held up five fingers and started counting down on them. "I think you should take back your lousy accusation of my perfect kitty because-ow!" I said as soon as Varian's hand only showed a one. I looked over at Sunny to see him entirely attached to my hand. "Why you son of a-" "Language, milady." Varian said not even glancing up from his book.

I rolled my eyes and carefully detached Sunny from my arm. "Wow Varian thank you so much for helping me in my time of need!" I said with fake enthusiasm. "You're welcome, love." He said with a smirk and I picked up Ruddiger off his lap. Ruddiger made his was around my shoulders and I shoved Varian off my lap and onto the floor. He sat on the floor for a few seconds with his eyes wide. "You little-" "Language, Sapphires." I said smirking and he rolled his eyes getting up off the floor.

"Have you two seen Eugene or Max?" Rapunzel said barging into the room we were in. Varian and I looked at each other before looking back at Rapunzel shaking our heads no. "Are they missing?" I asked and Rapunzel nodded. "It shouldn't be that hard to find them. It is a pretty small boat." Varian said and we headed out to look for the horse and ex convict. We all split up trying to look for them. "Sunny I can't find them anywhere." I said to him and he rubbed against my legs before walking towards the others.

"They're not on the bridge." Cassandra said as we all gathered back up. "I checked in all the cabins." Hookfoot said and I picked up Sunny. "Sunny and I checked the bow and the sails." I said Varian rested his head on my shoulder. "Ruddiger and I checked the cargo. Nothing." He said and Lance came up eating food. "No sign of him in the kitchen. But let-let me fo check again." Lance said and Rapunzel sighed. "Guys, I'm starting to get worried. How could they just disappear?" Rapunzel said. "W-well, I mean it's completely possible. These are Poseidon's waters. We saw a succubus on that island. I wouldn't be surprised if something more dangerous in the waters just scooped them up." I said and I saw the worry in Rapunzel's eyes grow. "What?!" She yelled and we heard a drunken laugh behind us.

"They didn't disappear. They were just in the water yelling for help." Shorty said and we all ran over to see a broken piece of the railing. "You mean they fell overboard? Shorty, why didn't you say anything?" Rapunzel asked and I stared down at the water. "I told you we shoulda told somebody! Aw, I can't stay mad at you." Shorty said to a yam before eating it. "Welp they're in Poseidon's hands now. He will do with them what he pleases. You might want to get a new boyfriend Punz." I said and Varian nudged me. "No, we have to tell the captain. We've got to turn this boat around. They could be anywhere by now." Rapunzel said before running to talk to the captain.

"Really? Find a new boyfriend?" Varian asked and I gestured out towards the sea. "This is Poseidon we're talking about. Who knows what the hell he wants and why?! But if he wants something he gets it with an insane amount of force." I said and Varian rolled his eyes. I stared back out at the sea and saw a barrel with a knife stuck to it. "What's that?" I asked softly and quickly grabbed a small net to grab the barrel.

I handed one side to Varian as he looked over the railing to see the barrel. We threw it down and called over Cass. She got Rapunzel, Lance, and Hookfoot. Lance and Hookfoot pulled the barrel out of the water and a green fluid was coming out of where the knife punctured it. We watched as Hookfoot licked the green liquid. "Ah. Yep. What we got here is a barrel of 100% grade A gruel." Hookfoot said and Lance tried it as well. "Oh, from a prison barge." Lance said and Hookfoot pulled the knife out. "This is really taking me back." He said taking out the knife.

The knife caught Rapunzel's eye. "Wait, Hookfoot, that's Eugene's knife. That's where he and Max must be!" Rapunzel said before running off to talk to the captain. She was able to get the captain to turn around and she told us the plan. She told us that when we find him and he's in danger we'll throw the fruit. Varian got really excited and started to quickly make a catapult to shoot the fruit easier and faster.

I was helping him make it with the scrap metal and wood laying around the ship. When we had finished Rapunzel came to tell us that they were in sight. We ended up making quite a few of them. Varian and I moved the catapults on the side of the boat facing the other ship. Rapunzel was wearing a pirate hat she had just made and Varian and I still had our clothes on from when we gave the offering to Poseidon.

I turned around to face Rapunzel. "Can I please make the first shot?" I asked giving her puppy dog eyes and she smiled at me nodding. I picked up a fruit and saw Max and Eugene tied up. I aimed towards the side of the ship and threw it as hard as I could. It hit the side of the boat and Varian turned to me. "Uh, milady, you missed." He said and I looked up at him. "Excuse you, but I never miss." I said crossing my arms.

"Avast ye mateys!" Rapunzel yelled and I giggled picking up another fruit. "Avast ye mateys?" Cass asked Rapunzel placing fruit inside the catapult. "Eh, I was in the moment. Fire!" Rapunzel yelled and Varian pulled the lever making fruit go flying towards the ship. "I bet you 3 silver pieces I can hit sideburns!" I yelled and Varian picked up a fruit. "I bet you 3 silver pieces and a kiss that I can hit eyepatch over there." Varian said pointing to the one with an eyepatch. I held my hand out and he shook it. "You're on Sapphires." I said smirking and he smirked back. He did a deep bow with his hand against his chest. "After you, milady." He said and I giggled. "Why such a gentleman, Sapphires." I said aiming directly towards sideburns and letting green cover my hands as I pulled my arm back. I threw the fruit right towards sideburns chest and I watched the fruit go flying.

The fruit hit him right in the chest and I jumped. "Yes! You owe me Sapphires!" I said smiling at my victory. "Not so fast, milady. I still have to hit eyepatch over there." Varian said and I smirked. "Okay Sapphires, but don't get upset when you don't-" I was cut off by Varian aiming one of the filled catapults right towards eyepatch and firing it. All of the fruit went flying and most of them hit him. I stared at the man covered in fruit with wide eyes and my jaw dropped before I came to my senses. "Hey that's cheating!" I said and Varian smirked at me. "I never said I would throw a fruit and hit him. I said I would hit him. And I did. I win and you owe me a kiss, milady." He said filling the catapult back up and I crossed my arms. "Still isn't fair." I said under my breath. "Heard that." He said and fired the catapult once more.

We both watched as Varian fired the catapult and it covered a man with greasy long black hair and he fell into the water. "Bullseye!" I yelled and jumped onto Varian and wrapping my arms around him hugging him. He laughed and started to fill the catapult again with my help. Eugene and Max hopped back into the deck still tied up.

"I hope you're not picky cause there's only one thing on the menu! We'll pay you back I promise." Rapunzel said telling the last part to the captain. "There's more where that came from! Fire!" Rapunzel yelled and the catapults all went off. A woman I recognized as Lady Caine sliced through the fruit and snickered. "Oh, come on! Even you can do better than that, princess." Lady Caine said and Rapunzel smirked and blue started to surround my body. "I plan to. Lance, Foot, (Y/n)! Now!" Rapunzel said and I placed one hand over my mouth. I blew into my hand softly and all of the candles around me went out.

"Aw. Now, what are you gonna do?" Caine said pouting at us and Rapunzel smirked. "Oh, I'm not doing anything. He is." Rapunzel said right as the firefly came down and started shooting fire at their ship. I watched as Maximus freed himself and Eugene and started fighting the men on the ship. "I can't take it! I wanna fight to!" I said and suddenly three people including Lady Caine swung into our ship. One of them landed right in front of me and smirked. "Be careful what you wish for." The man said and I smirked letting orange wrap around my fingers.

The man swung his sword impressively as he got closer and closer to me. Orange flames started to surround my entire body and he stared at me frightened. "I wonder if that little trick I did before works with fire. Wanna find out?" I said smirking and placing my hand slowly to my mouth. I slowly blew air through my hand and there were more flames than when the firefly breathes fire. The man quickly jumped off the boat and into the water.

"I saw what looked like a fire breathing dragons fire where is it?!" I heard Varian come running out from behind a corner with multiple vials in his hand. I giggled and placed my hand down letting the orange disappear. "It was just me Sapphs. And you really believe in dragons now?" I asked placing my hands on my hips and he shrugged his shoulders. "Hey in the Flynnigin Rider stories he fights a dragon!" He said and I giggled. "That book also talks about how the dragon is below humans when it's actually quite the opposite." I said and Varian rolled his eyes. A cannon suddenly went off and Varian and I turned towards the other ship to see their main sail falling towards the water.

The fight was over and we had made it back to land. I ran off the ship with Sunny right in my heels and a breeze ran through my hair and over my skin. I saw a bed of flowers all turned towards our direction and I saw a woman with pink hair and a green gown made of vines and flowers. Sunny walked up to her and rubbed up against Persephone. 'It's nice to see you made it back to the land safe and sound from Poseidon's wrath.' Persephone said with a soft smile across her stunning features. I nodded with a smile and Death stood next to her in the flowers. I watched as some of the flowers started to die around his feet and Persephone shoved him off of them. 'Glad you made it back safely kid.' He said and I rolled my eyes. 'No thanks to you.' I thought and Death laughed. 'Yeah no I don't go near Poseidon's territory unless I have to or I just want to piss him off.' He said crossing his arms over his chest smirking. I rolled my eyes before blinking and finding them gone.

"Sweet land!" I heard Varian yell behind me as he laid down on his back on the grass. I watched as Ruddiger climbed up and through the trees. I giggled and stood over him not quite blocking the sun from his eyes. "Milady would you be a doll and stand a little over to the left?" Varian asked using one of his gloved hands to cover his eyes to block the sun. "Oh. You mean this way?" I asked moving in the opposite direction. He groaned and I giggled before moving to block the sun for him. "We deserve a day off from crazy adventures and fights and whatever that whole island situation was." Varian said and I nodded. "You're right. We need a break." I said and he nodded. Sunny came up to Varian and climbed into his chest. Varian s opened his eyes and stared down at Sunny as he started kneading in him.

"W-what is he doing?" He asked with a slightly scared expression making me giggle. "He's making biscuits. He's behind on all of his orders. A very busy working boy hard at work." I said smiling as I heard Sunny purr louder. "What does that mean?!" Varian whisper yelled. "It means that you are stuck there until he stops because you should feel forever grateful that you get to experience such an magnificent thing." I said petting Sunny and he started to knead faster. 'Maybe tomorrow we can spend the day together. Just us two.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1K 51
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...
11.8K 285 10
Rapunzel, Eugene and Cassandra must work together to save Varian, an alchemist and former friend gone mad, who was kidnapped by a rogue guard, and wi...
15.4K 252 13
Just a cute lil teen love story <3
16.2K 710 37
- (Y/n) was the beloved princess of Corona, positioned perfectly to inherit the throne- until Rapunzel returned, taking everything she had, leaving h...