The Confession || George Weas...

By racoonqueen1

Sometimes it Needs time to find the path you Need to go- but when you found it, you shouldn't let go of it, n... More

Act 1
Scene 01- 'new' faces and blonde projects
Scene 02- Curiousity kills the cat
Scene 03- Inquisitor of Hogwarts
Scene 04 - The Hog's Head
Scene 05- Weasley is our king
Scene 06- Seven minutes in heaven
Scene 07-How to be mean
Scene 08- Too many sorrys
Scene 09- Oh my Dad
Scene 10- Thank you
Scene 11- moving on, kinda
Scene 12- The push in the 'right' Direction
Scene 13- Get out!
Scene 14- Astronomy Homework
Scene 15-Detention
Scene 16- The Coin
Scene 17- The Astronomy Tower
Scene 18- Regret
Scene 19-The Feeling Of Uncertainty
Scene 20- The Talk
Scene 21- Room of Requirement
Scene 22- A Bloody Genius
Scene 23- Not Ready Yet
Scene 24-Love Does Weird Things
Scene 25- Drink Up
Scene 26- Too Many Feelings And None At All
Scene 27- You Are Enough
Scene 28- A Black One
Scene 29- It's All Too Much, I Need You
Scene 30- Priori Incantatem
Scene 31- Pranks and Magpies
Scene 32- About Rockets and Disapearing
Scene 33- Pulling A Weasley
Scene 34- Revealing New Things
Scene 35- Changing The Perspective
Act 2
Scene 36- Friends and Alcohol
Scene 37-Things Get Heated
Scene 38- An Offer
Scene 39- A little bit reliving
Scene 40- The Boggart
Scene 41- I'm Done
Scene 42- A Bit Sick
Scene 43- Ice Cream
Scene 44- It's Nothing
Scene 45- A Wonderful Christmas
Scene 46- Alone
Scene 47- Like Your Mother
Scene 48- The Warning
Scene 49- Angst Always Has A Reason
Scene 51- You Learn To Be Good, You Don't Have To Be Good To Learn
Scene 52- Down The Memory Lane
Scene 53- A Visitor
Scene 54- The Healing Part Of Crying
Scene 55- I Trust You
Scene 56- Manipulation at it's best
Scene 57- Being Mature
Scene 58- Meetings&Scheming
Scene 59- Oh Dear
Scene 60- The Plan
Act 3
Scene 61- The Seven Potters
Scene 62- Dumbledore's Note
Scene 63- Wedding Crasher
Scene 64- It Starts
Scene 65- Making Decisions
Scene 66- The Book
Scene 67- Answers and Coins
Scene 68- The Start
Scene 69- The Fight
Scene 70-The End
Act Zero- A Word From The Author
Additional Scene

Scene 50- Just A Reference

95 4 8
By racoonqueen1

*George's Chapter*

„... the house got blown up by a bomb and left in pieces. No one was found that could have caused the possible attack. No one seemed to be hurt, at least no bodies could have been found," I read aloud what is written in the newspaper.

Anne sits opposite of me in utter shock. She swallows and stops biting her nails.

"I am so grateful that I made them move out of there," she breathes out.

"See? It was the right decision. If they would have stayed in their flat, they would have been dead by now. That's crazy," I put the newspaper aside.

"Hey," I take her hand and squeeze it shortly before grapping my coffee: "Everything alright?"

I can see that she is lost in thought again, she nods.

"Did Fred come home with a girl yesterday?," she asks.

"No, Gerd didn't want to join him," I say.

"Gerd?"

"Don't ask," I wave the matter of.

"I'm slowly getting annoyed of dealing with his One night stands. Can't he just stop bringing them home? Why can't he go to their place? Would be a lot easier," she takes a bite from her toast.

"I have a better idea, why doesn't he stop with that bullshit completely?"

Anne gets a bit red: "Yeah, that would be the right thing. Not my idea. Obviously."

I laugh and we grab myself another piece of bread.

I bite into my toast and look at her secretly. She leans with her cheek on one hand, stirring her tea with the other. The dark circles under her eyes are the result of some not well rested nights. Her blue eyes are fixated on a spot on the table while she absently reaches for a croissant.

Anne lets go a yawn. I just hope that she finds a bit of peace in the news that she did the right thing regarding to Logan and Cole. This is just intense. Their own families rather wanted them dead than happy.

I really don't envy rich Pureblood kids. My parents, even tough there are sometimes very stubborn and old viewed, still supported our store idea in the end. Although they weren't that happy about it.

"What are you thinking about?," Anne looks at me, raising questionably her eyebrow.

"Nothing important. Just about Fred," I lie.

She bites into her croissant:" Mhm. Hey that makes me wondering, would you ever do something like Fred?"

I choke on my drink: "What?"

"Would you do the stuff he does, sleep with many girls, just see them once and then hopefully never again?"

I blink a few times: "Uhm, I obviously wouldn't? I'm with you?"

A small smile appears on her face: "Well good to know, but it was rather a question if I wasn't. Like just imagine I was dead-"

"Don't say that! Why should you be dead?," I ask.

She gestures around with her spoon: "Okay then not dead, then just imagine I wasn't in your life-"

"Would be hard, I assume I would fall in love with you either way when I would see you around," I point out.

She sighs a bit: "Okay then imagine I'm not even in the country, far away, alive and you never will see me, I'm basically non-existent for you, would you be up for something like he does?"

"I don't get why this is of interest for you, but I never really considered it," I lean back, taking some time to think: "The answer would be no. I couldn't do that."

"Why?," she takes a sip from her tea.

"I need something serious in my life. I think if I'd do something like Fred, that would crush me in the end. I need something stable and something I can insist and lean on in my life. Something that gives me the feeling of being home after a long day, something to look forward to."

Anne now has a full smile on her face: "I love you."

Hearing those words make me smile immediately. I look down at my plate and take the last piece of toast.

"What about you though? If I wasn't in your life, would you do something like he does?," I look up again.

She doesn't even need time to consider it: "Pretty sure I would," she shrugs and stands up, taking her plate and mug with her to clean them.

"Wow," I laugh: "Still I love you for that too."

"And I appreciate that," she laughs: "I'll get the groceries later, do you need anything important?"

---

"What is wrong with you?," Fred looks at Lee who can't stand still.

Lee is always an energy bundle, full with life and joy. That's nothing new to us, however today he is all jumpy and bubbly, like a rubber ball and he is constantly talking.

I got to know that his grandma uses to change her pants every day because sometimes she pees when she laughs.

Mate, that's really not something I want to know, no matter how close we are as friends.

"Sorry, I am just a bit excited," he constantly looks at the door since the last ten minutes.

"Don't tell me Dianne is coming over?," I blurt out with a smirk.

He gets quiet. That's all of an answer I need.

"Dianne? As in Hufflepuff Dianne? As in Lee's crush since fourth grade Dianne?," Fred teases.

Lee nods and checks the door again.

"When did you get her to realize that you also exist beside her boyfriend?"

"That was so funny! You don't even know. It was pure accident that I-," and it all blurts out of Lee.

He gestures widely, exaggerating their first date probably, making himself look cooler during the process and being so lost in the story, that he doesn't even realize Dianne already entered the store. Our eyes meet and we both start to laugh when I point at Lee.

"- before I brought her home, you know Fred like one of those gentlemen, I decided it's finally the time to- why are you laughing George? Not everyone is as skilled as you in getting a girlfriend," Lee says.

"I wouldn't call that skilled," Fred and I say in sync.

"Let me be happy man!," Lee says.

I hold my hands up in surrender and chuckle a bit, nevertheless.

"Good to know you are that happy," Dianne remakes his gestures and Lee jumps with her sudden appearance.

"Di- Dianne, hi," he tries to act cool and wants to Lean against the counter.

Fred being as mean as he is, previously got out behind the tilt and let the door open, so when Lee tries to be casual and cool, he rather managed to fall to the floor.

Fred and I can't hold it back. We are particularly wheezing and the few costumers in the store look over. Dianne holds her hand in front of her mouth, to stop her from laughing out loud.

"Kill me please," Lee mumbles.

"Lee you are real smooth, I have to tell you," Fred helps him up, still struggling to keep a straight face.

"It's her presence, I mess everything up, I don't know why," he hisses quietly.

"But earlier you said how great you handled things and how impressed she was?," Fred smirks and even though he whispers, he whispers loud enough and my brother knows what he's doing.

Dianne looks at them curiously, a slight smirk playing on her lips as well. We never really had something to do with her, other than occasional talks or some lectures together. However, I can tell she's got humour.

"Sh," Lee looks nervously back to me and Dianne before he turns back to Fred and whispers something to him the both of us can't hear.

"OH so you were lying? How inconvenient Lee."

"Did you lie to her then as well? If you keep up that behaviour your mother will have a lot to discuss with you."

"Leave my Mum out of this, this is about you. Not me."

Dianne giggles and Lee finally turns around to her with a slight blush on his face, that due to his skin colour isn't as visible as it would have been on my face or Fred's.

"Never thought the sassy Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator that talks back to McGonagall, has a problem in talking with someone as uninteresting as her," Fred points at the girl next to me.

Dianne looks a bit hurt at his statement.

"Uninteresting?," Lee flares up: "Did you ever look at her? She is a really bright witch and talented at that! Ever heard her singing? That's like an angle wandering around the castle soothing you instantly. Also ever kept attention to her first class jokes? Girl knows how to brighten your day!"

Fred and I smile satisfied, Lee talked himself in rage and let out some good points. The girl has now a bright red on her face. Flustered she gives some hair behind her ear. Once Lee realized Fred's grin he shuts up and looks over at Dianne.

"And I meant that. You by far aren't uninteresting. You are astonishing and this whole building should hear it!," he stand onto the tilt: "Can get your attention please?"

We laugh, just Dianne looks more and more flustered by any second that passes.

"This wonderful girl right there owns my heart and I finally have the courage to say that, because I wouldn't want to miss my change again," he points at Dianne: "I hope you are up for that second date?"

All eyes are on Dianne: "Get down you idiot."

"That's what you get when you get the full Lee," Fred wiggles his eyebrows.

Lee jumps down from the tilt in front of her, looking expectantly.

"I'd love to," she smiles alongside Lee.

No costumer paid attention anymore. Nevertheless, Fred and I are cheering. We felt like it.

---

*Anne's Prov*

After getting all groceries I wander around the streets of the small city. I start to enjoy shopping in the muggle world more and more. Maybe that's because I finally get the hang of muggle currency.

I still figured that buying the groceries in the muggle world is more effective and less dangerous. Because, why would Death Eaters look out around here. It might be silly to think they have an eye on me to get to Logan and Cole, but I really don't want to take any risks and if that means going out of my way and getting groceries in the muggle world, then that's exactly what I'm doing.

I stop in front of the planetarium. Cole, before the attack started, told me to get in there and ask after Mister Odin. He is the head of this planetarium and always looks for young assistants. Cole meant that this might be a good chance for me to get into this business a bit better and maybe even learn more.

I look down at my bags that are full. I can deliver them later. Although I suddenly get very nervous at the thought of just going in there and asking someone random to bring me to someone unknown, I'll have to do it now. I keep avoiding it and pushing it back. If I'm not going to do it now, I'll never start to do it.

I take a deep breath and open the doors. A cold breeze comes my way at first and I need some time to adjust to the lightning inside the building, but I'm astonished what I am seeing. Right in the middle is a big replica of our sun system. It even moves! All of that without magic.

I have no idea how long I actually stand in the entrance being captivated by this model, but someone clearing their throat snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Can I help you with something?," the girl behind a tilt says, eying me.

"Uhm yes, I want to talk to Mister Odin. Please."

"Why do you want to talk to him?"

"I- I would like to apply as an assistant to him, if that's possible."

"Sure, I'll just give him a quick call and I'll let you know if he is available or not," she reaches for something odd looking.

"A quick what?," I look at her confused.

"A quick call? I am just going to call him," she explains pointing at the odd thing in her hand.

Then suddenly she starts to talk.

"Mister Odin? Clara here."

I look around. There is no one here beside me and this girl. With whom is she talking? What if she's a spy? Was this a bad idea?

"Okay, Mister Odin has time for you. I'll bring you to his office," she gives me a smile.

I nod, already reaching for my wand. I might be walking directly into a trap.

"So what's your name?," the girl asks me.

"Does that matter?," I look at her suspiciously.

"Well I just want to know your name, geez," she answers.

"Why? What is your plan once you have my name? Who do you work for?"

"I work for Mister Odin just as you want to? You are really strange, do you know that?"

"For whom works Mister Odin then? Which side is he on?," I look at her.

"Which side is he- what? Are you homophobic or something?"

"Homo what?"

We both blink confused at each other and I more and more come to the conclusion that she is in fact, just a muggle.

Well, that went well.

"Is everything alright with you?"

"No need to ask me like that," I shoot back.

"You need to change your attitude if you want to have a chance at the spot," she says, and I feel myself getting annoyed at her.

Who does she think she is to say what I have to do?

As we walk through the building to Mister Odin's office, we pass so many pictures and interesting objects. For muggles they are actually really good prepared. I can't wait to compare their knowledge with ours.

This girl knocks on a door and opens it a bit: "Mister Odin, she's here."

"Let her in please, thank you Clara," I hear a friendly voice say.

She steps aside and gives me a pointed look, that I choose to ignore and walk into his office.

"Hello young lady," an older man greets me with a warm smile: "What gives me the pleasure?"

The door behind me closes and I grab a hold tighter of my wand.

"My friend told me, that you search for an assistant and I would like to apply," I say.

"Yes I am. Take a seat please, no need to stand at the door. I don't bite," he laughs at his own joke.

I hope he doesn't do that often. Quite irritating in fact.

I move further into the room and settle myself at one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"So what qualifications have you to offer?," he looks at me and crosses his fingers.

I fidget in my seat. Not really knowing how to respond to that.

This is the part I dread.

"I don't have any qualifications. I am going to be honest with you, I haven't really finished school, moreover, have some sort of graduation letter to show you," that's the moment I even realized I could never show him a Hogwarts certificate, which makes it even harder for me: "However, I do have extensive formidable knowledge about Astronomy and I want to educate myself further into this topic. So I figured what better place to go then here?"

My hands are sweaty, and this look he gives me is basically non-saying. After a while he still hasn't said a thing and still eyes me closely. This is getting uncomfortable. Suddenly I realize how improper I have to look, with two full back of groceries, not even the slightest properly dressed and tired after all. I should have thought this through better.

Overall, I have no idea how muggles work.

"So any references at least?"

"References?," I blink confused: "Well for one I know that auroras are linked to sun plasma or-"

"No, no," he chuckles a bit: "That's not what I meant. I meant a testimonial from other another person. Someone who could recommend you to me."

"Uhm, my boyfriend would agree I am a very good choice?"

Now he let's go a deep laugh: "I hope for you that he says that. But, Miss-?"

"Storm, Anne Storm Sir."

"Miss Storm, I should be a bit more specific. I meant a recommendation by another teacher or anyone that seems qualified to do so. I can see that seems important to you and this job I offer is there to educate and help qualified youngsters to get a hold of such an incredible and wide topic, though you need to see that I can't just employ anyone out of sheer interest. I need something that proofs to me, that you know what you are doing and that you are reliable."

I don't say anything, I just look at him.

"I believe that everyone deserves a chance with or without graduating school. To just give it to someone who already studies it at university doesn't seem fair, does it? Therefore Miss Storm, I offer you a chance. Bring me a reference of someone qualified in the next days and we can discuss about it further."

"So if I bring you a reference you will consider me as an applicant?," this came out way harsher than intended.

He nods slightly and leans back in his chair. He is giving me a chance, that's at least something. Just who on earth would write me this reference that could be of any interest for this guy?

"Is there anything else you want to know?"

"No that's all," I stand up: "I'll find myself out then?"

"Have a great day," he smiles.

"You too," I walk up to the door and open it.

When it closes behind me, I take in a few deep breaths. That could have been a lot worse, considering I have nothing to provide.

I wander around the halls, but get lost looking at the pictures and texts at the wall, completely captivated by what I read. There in fact would be much to add.

"I need you to leave now," Carlo or however this girls name is pops up: "Unless you pay the entrance price on the tilt."

She eyes me again and that alone annoys me.

"I'm already out," I brush past her: "I have a question though?"

"Yes?," she crosses her arms protectively.

"Who did write your reference? I want something that seems usable for here," I ask.

She just snickers: "I didn't need a reference. My certificates were proof enough. Though, I would recommend a physics or even a maths teacher to write you one, or you took someone's course in university that has merely to do with Astronomy or Astrology. Both of that could be useful. I hope that helps. I need to go and work now."

"Yeah thanks I guess," she walks away and I am already bothered by her.

I have yet to figure out why.

---

I knock on the wooden door in a certain motion and wait a while. Slowly the door gets opened and Cole steps aside. He looks pale and his hair is undone, tiredly he yawns.

"Tough night?," I ask.

He nods and yawns: "Sorry, Logan didn't feel well those past nights and I held her hair while she puked. I ran out of sleep in a way."

"Is something wrong?," I put the bags down.

"No no, nothing to really worry about," he dismisses.

He takes the bags and brings them into the small kitchen. I follow him and help to put everything away.

"Yes, you brought that good pudding. Muggles don't have shit, but they at least have good pudding," he grins and opens it ducking into it immediately.

"Honey?," you somewhere hear Logan in the living room.

"Coming," he presses the pudding into my hands and abandoned me and it quickly: "Something wrong?"

Why is he so fidgety? I stare at the pudding and consider eating something of it as well, but that would just be weird, so I place it on the counter and follow after him into the living room.

If I thought Cole looked bad, then I clearly underestimated the state Logan is in. She looks like a mess and somehow in no good shape. Does this whole situation really get on her nerves that much?

Cole sits beside her on the couch and helps her to sit up, whispering some calming and reassuring words to her and being any help he could be.

"Here, drink something," he gives her her tea but she declines: "You need to drink."

"It comes out anyways."

"That's still not a good reason to not dehydrate yourself. Please, drink something. Maybe this time your system will keep it."

Logan sighs and grabs the cup and drinks some sips before passing it back to Cole. Her eyes falling on me, she immediately wants to stand up but Cole grabs her hand and pulls her down.

"Hey Logan," I say.

"Hey," the girl manages a smile: "Not the best you see me in, but I'm glad you are here."

"Wouldn't be the first time," I answer making her chuckle.

"Right, the Party time. Completely forgot about that," Logan says letting out a sigh and holds her back.

"Does it hurt again?," Cole asks concerned.

"A bit, but that's alright," she smiles at him when he rubs her back softly: "Is everything alright Anne?"

"Everything's good here. Well as good as the time with an upcoming war can be. Also there is something I need to tell you," I sit down at the armchair in the room: "Your old flat, it got bombarded, at least that's what the muggles say, in reality we know what really happened."

The couple looks at each other before looking back at me. Cole is still slightly rubbing and massaging Logan's back meanwhile Logan slowly begins to cry.

"Sorry," she chokes out and presses her face into her hands.

"Hey, love, no need to apologize for that. Come here," he presses her close into a hug and presses a kiss on top of her head.

"It's just way too much," she sobs into his shirt.

"It's alright. I'm here," Cole mumbles: "Did someone get hurt?"

"No. The police couldn't find any bodies. So they really were just aiming at you guys. No further damage was done than that a building was destroyed."

"Thank you for helping us out of that flat," Cole says to me.

"No worries. It's actually Marcus we need to thank. He warned me. I don't want to know what happens if the Death Eaters ever find out about that," I run a hand through my hair.

"We could have been dead," Logan says: "We could have been one of the many people in the Daily prophet that are proclaimed to be dead because of an attack. I could have lost you."

Another wave of tears. Now even Cole blinks some tears away.

"But that wasn't us. And we sure as hell take that opportunity we were given and make something out of this," he looks down at her and wipes some tears away, giving her a brave smile.

I hate to be the one, but my mind already swirls around the fact that the Death Eaters could still find them any time and kill them. We have no idea how long this war lasts and how everything will turn out.

They could still die.

However, I decide to not talk about that and crush their newly found hope. Better to change the topic now.

"Also there is another thing I'd like to address," I say nervously.

"What is it?," Logan wipes her nose with her sleeve.

"You guys remember the planetarium thing and Mister Odin?," both nod and so I continue: "I tried my shot today. It was really embarrassing though he gave me another chance if I give him some reference letter. I have no idea what reference a muggle could find useful."

"Isn't Dumbledore friends with the English prime minister? Just ask him," Cole shrugs.

"The Prime Minister? Really Cole?," Logan looks at him: "How is that the first person to come into your mind?"

"He's a big one. Would impress this muggle immediately."

"But wouldn't he then question as to why Anne knows the Minister personally?"

"She could always say because of her headmaster."

"That seems fishy though. She needs someone that doesn't scream lie in first place."

"Well that will be hard, because literally everything we wizards do in the muggle world is a lie."

"True. But didn't professor Sinsitra work in the muggle world? Didn't she bring you onto the idea with this astronomy career?," Logan looks at me questioningly.

"Yes. She is the reason I even started to consider it and also showed me that the muggle world had more room for Astronomers," I say.

"Then it's settled. Ask her. She'll know what to do," Cole says.

I slowly nod: "I suppose you two are right."

"Have you talked with George about this yet?"

I shake my head. I have no idea when. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 198 79
"even though we never said it to each other we knew." »»- -«« In this story, We see the point of view of a Weasley Girl, her name is Alice Abigail We...
215 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
12.5K 382 39
Elodie finds herself stuck, she stuck holding the family business together. Her busy schedule of either working a dead end job or caring for her gri...
3.1K 45 54
"This is the student you will be tutoring. I trust you will get his grades up in a short amount of time." "No worries, Professor, you can count on m...