Battle Survivors |On Hold|

By JolySalah

Life is a continuous battle, either you win or lose it, it's sufficient to know that you fight, learn and sur... More

Author's note
characters
aesthetics
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Author's note
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
I am sorry.
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23

chapter 22

72 4 0
By JolySalah

Hazel's POV

After we finished, Ace asked me if I had something planned for this weekend and obviously I answered with a 'No', so he offered to spend the day together at his house and cause I didn't have anything planned so I agreed .

On the way back to Ace's house, I checked my phone, I found blenty of messages from April, it was a funny pictures of her and Landon at the beach.

she had told me that she and Landon were planning to go to the beach this weekend and invited me to come along them to celebrate my birthday, but I told her that I will be fine here, as I will be celebrating it with dad and Joshua

I smiled widely at the phone as seeing April happy in her relationship made me smile I think she had found 'the one' ,the one who completes her, the one who makes her happy and takes care of her.

I kept scrolling through the pictures and when we pulled infront of Ace's house I showed him the pictures and kept rumbling about how adorable they are and how they made me believe in soulmates Ace listened to me carefully with a smile on his face .

And finally when I stopped, Ace mentioned a thing about them being mates I frowned, "what is a mate, does it have a thing to do with the werewolf and the vampire thing? Is Landon a hybrid too?"

He said that Landon isn't a hybrid, but a werewolf and explained to me what a mate is, it was interesting listening to him.

But I don't know why realising that Ace has a mate all of sudden made me sad.

"Ohhh..." I trailed off, trying to not show emotions.

"Have you found your mate?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah." He hesitantly replied.

"And who is she? if you don't mind me asking." I tried not to invade his privacy, but I couldn't help it , so I asked him.

"No I don't mind." He replied with a tight smile.

"So, do I know her?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said looking at me, and I was waiting impatiently, who could be his mate?

"Who?" I asked eagerly.

I waited for his answer on fire, even though it took him seconds to answer, but I feel like he has been quite for a lot.

I tried not to overthink before I got the answer, why I am going crazy right now for God's sake?!!!

"You." He said, have I heard him right?

"What? Do you mean me...like me? Me?" I asked confused pointing at myself, I don't even know what I am saying right now, is that even a proper question?

"Yeah, I mean you." He said pointing at me.

He is sitting impatiently waiting for my answer.

Okay...that's was kinda unexpected.

I paused for seconds to think about it.

Ace has been so nice to me since we met, he takes care of me all the time, he helped me a lot when I was in a toxic relationship with Finn, and taught me how to defend myself, and also made me a little more confident about my insecurities that Finn had always made me doubt myself because of it.

But c'mon am I ready for a new relationship, as I've got out of a toxic one just a few weeks ago.

"Hazel, can you say anything, please, you know we can take it slow as you want, we can pretend that I have said nothing and when you fee..."

"I want to give it a try." I said interrupting him, it may sound rude but I didn't want him to overthink it.

"...L That you're ready for a relationship, I will be here waiti..." Ace stopped when he realised that I have spoken.

"What? Are you sure?" He asked with disbelief.

I chuckled at his reaction, "yeah, I am sure." I said looking at him with a smile.

He smiled back at me, then he opened his hands asking for a hug, I didn't waste time and hugged him wrapping my arms around his torso, he hugged me back immediately.

After a few seconds we broke the hug, Ace got out of the car, I was about to open the door but he got it for me.

I smiled at him, "you know, you don't have to do that." I said looking at him.

"No, let me treat you well."

As much as I appreciate and love his little cute manners, I don't want to make him feel like he had to get my door every time we go out, you know he can do that when we are out on a date.

A date? Why did my exceptions suddenly got that far? I have just knew that I am his mate a few minutes ago, he hasn't even asked me for one yet.

I have to take it slow, because I have learnt that the higher my expectations will be the more disappointed I will get, I know that maybe this is not right but that what has happened to me all my life so far, maybe I will change my mind one day when life proves me wrong, who knows?

I shrugged, "Okay." I said giving him a smile.

We entered the house, and made our way directly to the living room.

I sat on the couch and then Ace followed behind.

I yawned as tiredness started to hit me, the day hasn't started yet and I'm already drained from energy, what a good vibes for celebrating a birthday.

"Are you tired?" Ace asked adjusting himself to be looking at me.

"A little, you know the run, the talking and crying, all were too exhausting."

"Yeah." Ace exclaimed stretching his arms above his head.

"If you would like to, we can take a nap." Ace offered.

"I will be fine." I said then an involuntary yawn escaped my mouth.

"Really?" Ace asked raising one eyebrow at me, then stood up.

I chuckled, "what?" I asked.

"C'mon, we will sleep in a separate rooms, don't worry." He said in a reassuring way, I really love that he is appreciating that I don't want to rush things in the relationship, or whatever we are calling it.

"Would you like to take a shower?" Ace suggested.

'Yeah, I really would like to' I wanted to say as a shower will help me a lot to have a peaceful sleep, plus we have got back from a run, even though I haven't done effort but I feel like I am dirty from the forest.

"Yeah, but..I don't have clothes..when I get out of the shower." I said a little bit hesitant.

"Don't worry, I will have thing prepared for you to wear when you get out of the shower." He said as we climbed the stairs.

"Thank you." I said with a sheepish smile as we continued our way to where I am going to have shower.

Ace smiled back at me, "don't thank me Hazel, I haven't done anything more than what I am supposed to do which is taking care of you."

"Ohh..thank yo'-" I stopped when I realised that I am thanking him after he said not to thank him, but I couldn't help it that was so sweet.

Ace chuckled and I laughed at myself and Ace followed me.

After our laughter died we stopped infront of a room.

Ace opened the door and gestured for me to enter, I entered with Ace following behind.

The room is huge with a grey, black, white theme, I assumed that this is Ace's room, from its size and decoration, its very clean which means that it is not abandoned.

"Is this your room?" I asked, as I thought that was a better solution than assuming.

"Yeah." He muttered, "do you like it?" He asked looking at me like that my opinion would really matter.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." I said as I took on my surroundings.

"The bathroom is over there...you can check it and If you needed anything just tell me.... I will prepare something for you to wear then I will get out." Ace said pointing at a door at the right of the room.

"Okay..Thank you." I said giving him a smile, then headed to the bathroom.

I entered the bathroom, I took in my surroundings the bathroom is really impressive and really huge.

I checked the shelf there was a lot of products, knowing that it's impossible that I will need anything more than what is already on the shelfs, I hopped under the shower.

I sighed as water touched my skin.

After like half an hour I got out of the shower, there were extra towels in the cabinet so I took one of them and wrapped myself with it.

When I got out, I found a t-shirt and a short on the bed, it was obvious that they are men clothes so probably they are Ace's.

I put my wet hair into two french braids for a natural waves later on, then I put on the clothes, they are really big on me, but they are soft and comfortable, and they also smelled like Ace.

After I finished, I threw myself on the bed and sighed in content as soon as my body hit the bed.

After a few seconds all things went black and I fall asleep.

***************
Ace's POV

After I prepared clothes for Hazel, I took a clothes for myself and went to the guest, the room next to mine, where Hazel will be sleeping.

I took a shower to refresh myself, so I could sleep.

When I got out of the shower, I layed my body on the bed, and after a few seconds I was fast asleep.

*******************

I groaned as I heard a voice which disturbed my sleeping, but after a few seconds I realised a thing that sounds like someone is crying.

Who could be crying?

After a seconds of confusion, I got to a conclusion that there is no one in the house except me and Hazel, so that crying is probably from Hazel.

I got out of the bed quickly and headed to the room where Hazel is sleeping, I knocked on the door but I got no answer.

I opened it, and seeing her, my beautiful mate laying on the bed, crying while she is asleep, snuggled very close to the pillow, made my heart ache.

**************************

Hey guys!! how are you doing?

Hope you're doing well.☺

What do you think about the chapter?

Guys, If you liked it, let me know by voting for the chapter, or feel free to write your opinion in the comment section.

And I also wanted to thank you guys, as we are so close for reaching 2k reads, that wouldn't have happened without you guys, I am over the moon right now, thank you so much for giving my story a chance.🥰🥰

Love you ;3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.1K 40
All wolves find their mates eventually, willingly or otherwise. Jenna has been dreading the moment she meets hers for as long as she can remember. To...
20 0 10
There's always a war raging, the war between good and evil, be it in our world, in our hearts or in our minds. And no matter which side wins it alway...
4.7K 136 17
Life for Kristin Lite was normal. Or as relatively normal it could get as a werewolf and witch hybrid. Parents human, and lack of info in the superna...
43.5M 220K 49
2021 NEW EDITION | COMPLETED From dodging airborne slot machines to an unplanned swim in the fountain of a luxury hotel, it's safe to say that a tr...