One Decision

Oleh theoleslie

"Why don't you let something cross that face of yours?" This guy was tough work. And that made me even more d... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
1. Get out
2. Young Weddings
3. Kiss, you Idiot
4. Chocolate
5. All alone
6. Wedding Gift
8. Honey's Lunch
9. Well, Who Knew?
10. A Forgotten Deal
11. Your problem, My problem
12. Drunk man's words Spread
13. Godforsaken Spit of Land
14. Rotten Tomatoes
15. Waves of Flashes
16. Mom's on Line
17: Will you Look at That?
18: Asked him
19: Wanna come for movie night?
20: Not this Sorta Dinner
21. Trust Issues
22. This Fucked up Shit
23. Pain helps
24. Marshmallows
25. Phones and Texts
26. No ogling
27. Dying Way
28. Night Intruder
29. Bluish Grey
30. Charges for blushing
31. Dusty Attic
32. Twisted Person
33. Teased
34. We are drunk?
35. Never forget
36. Infidelity at its Best
37. Special Chocolate
38. Occasional Call
39. Calm down Hubby
40. Two Letters
41. Suffocating World
42. All He Had
43. Goodbyes
Sneak Peek
44. Twisted Fate
45. An Assassin's Pay
46. Cigars and Drinks
47. Caring but Clingy
48. Pleasure was all Mine
49. No Cheating
50. Better Late than Never
51. Desired Jewel
52. Red line
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter - 1
Bonus Chapter - 2

7. Cereal First

7.6K 243 30
Oleh theoleslie

Athena

"Dress up. Your parents want you to visit them." Ace announced, walking into the room as he shrugged off his jacket.

There was something wrong with his statement. I looked up from my laptop and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I feel like you are not gonna come?"

"No." I rolled my eyes. "Then I am not going." Ace gave me a pointed look while removing his shirt, and I quickly looked back at my laptop, knowing I will stare at his amazing ripped body.

I didn't want that now.

"They called you, not me. That means we need to go there, together." I said, looking at the sales of my business today.

"They asked for you to go. And you will go so they would stop annoying me."

"I am not going without you." I said stubbornly. Was it any manners to enter the bride's home alone after their marriage? My parents want to meet him, that's what they are meaning while calling us for dinner, but Ace seems very oblivious to it.

"I am fucking not coming."

"Do you want this room to be painted? I got a whole new design of a- -"

"Don't! Don't think too far. Fuck, I will come." So he hated his newly painted study walls.

Who cares, I got what I wanted.

I stood up closing my laptop, walking towards the door and pausing where he was standing, half-naked. I took a whiff of his smell when I leaned in, it was taking over my senses but I couldn't let that happen.

"You are sweet, husband." With that, I walked out the room and headed to the kitchen. Cause boy, I was hungry for something.

Still, I wouldn't get it from the kitchen.

_________________________________

"That's enough get out and get over with this bullshit already." Ace grumbled, almost shoving me out the room. He was in a bad mood ever since he agreed to visit my parents.

"Do you have any trouble meeting people?" I wondered out loud, after exiting the mansion and getting in the car along with Ace.

And he was such a gentleman to not open my door for me.

He simply ignored my question, me completely, and concentrated on the road. It was good to see the city lights in the night sky fly past but a bit of music was missing.

I turned on the music, but as soon as the song started playing Ace turned it off.

"Hey!" I protested and turned it on again. Completely blank, he turned it off again. "I could do this all day."

I scoffed at his sentence, crossing my arms across my chest and looked out the window. But am I gonna let him go like this?

Pigs would be fly if I did.

I started singing the song I wanted to hear, quite loudly in fact. Two whole minutes later I could see it was starting to get on his nerves, as I saw him clench his jaw. I paused, and his features relaxed.

"Man I could do this all day." I repeated his line and belted out the rest.

"Shut the fuck up dammit, play, play any song you want. Sheesh." He said harshly after two more minutes, while I suppressed my laugh.

"I knew you would love my voice and reward me with what I want, my boo." I cooed, not hiding the glee in my voice as I turned on the music. He grunted in annoyance with his eyes glued on the road.

I got what I wanted, so I gave him what he wanted. For me to shut up. I think I was born to annoy him.

And trust me Ace, I will.

___________________________________

"Hi mum!" Mum pulled me into a hug, while Dad smiled at me. "Welcome Ace." Dad went to him, giving him a firm handshake while Ace gave him a curt nod.

Mum went to hug him making him freeze, but then he patted her back awkwardly, giving a short hug back.

Shit, my mum was only half his height. The top of my head was somewhere near Ace's nose....so it's not much of a difference ....right?

"Come in!" Mum gushed, and I knew she was excited that Ace Williams, the billionaire, her daughter's husband, her crush, was entering their mansion.

It sounded a bit disgusting that Ace was mum's crush but she loved dad too much to sacrifice any of him for anything.

Shit, I was feeling insecure about my own mother.

Don't, get in the fucking mansion with him now.

I got in with Ace beside me straight into the dining room. I never missed this large cold place, because it wasn't home. I still paid for my apartment, the only home I have.

Yet my beautiful childhood memories are in here, tucked safely in the corners of every hallway, every room.

I want to always keep it that way.

"How are you both?" Dad asked sitting down next to mum as I sat down beside Ace. I let out a small sigh. "We are good." I fake smiled, knowing very well we weren't the normal husband and wife.

Huh.....perhaps it is gonna be a long dinner.

___________________________________________

"You better take care of her." Dad growled, giving Ace a firm handshake of goodbye. A bit too firm that made me smile.

But this was one of the many small chances I had to irritate him, and will I ever let it pass?

"Sure, I will take care of him Dad." I smiled sickeningly sweetly at Ace before he could open his mouth. He turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"You are the one who needs care, not me." I whispered. He narrowed his eyes at me. Mum flashed me a smirk while Dad let out a chuckle.

The dinner was...okay? It was not much awkward but the whole thing was irritating Ace. He had an angry frown on his face the whole time, yet his grey eyes were clear of it's usual storm.

Ace would answer any question that was thrown his way, but all my parents could get was a calculated answer in a calculated gaze. Other than this he was mostly silent. What was actually wrong with this guy?

"I am not doing that again." Ace announced as we got in the car, making me look at him questioningly. He didn't explain more, and I didn't feel like asking more.

I was feeling a bit down from all the eating and talking, so I just leaned back on my seat and looked out. Socializing was never really my gift, even if it was my parents. I would easily get tired of talking.

I felt his intense gaze on me but I shrugged it off, not really in a mood to bicker. We reached his mansion and I got out, walking without waiting for him.

Two can play this game.

I got in the room and changed my dress, into sweatpants and a black crop top then headed towards the kitchen for some late-night snacks.

I would have married food if I could.

I took out a bowl and chocolate cereal. I was craving for cereal.

"What the heck are you doing?" Ace walked in, staring at me like I was from Mars. "Eating ce- -"

"I got that. Milk is not supposed to go in first." Huh? I looked at my bowl to see I poured milk in first, before the cereal.

"....so?" He looked at me incredulously. "So, you can't eat it now." What?!

"However you eat it, it's cereal and it goes into your stomach all mixed, when what the fuck is the problem?"

This comment of mine and 3 minutes later I found myself in one of the most intense fights I have ever been in with people.

And stupidest.

"It fucking stupid to throw it away just because the pattern is wrong!" I fired up, sick of fighting over a silly thing.

"And you are stupid to pour milk in first! How can you eat that now?!" Ace shouted back, his stormy grey eyes raging to a point that I thought it would never calm down ever again.

I can't believe he let himself rile up this much because of a cereal. A man who didn't care about most things is losing his shit over this?

".....are they shouting?" A soft whisper made us stop and look at each other. "Maids?" I mouthed and he nodded. Shit. How long have they been hearing?

Ace suddenly strode towards me, making my eyes go wide. "What's wrong with you? Act along." He growled lowly and he pulled me up on the counter.

I was struggling to get away too much, his touches suddenly felt like fire. Dangerous fire.

What's wrong with me?

He stood between my legs, his grey eyes calm now, his body tensed though. Was it that bad if they knew? Yes.

"I am sorry, you can eat cereal anyway you want." I blinked twice, before realizing he was acting.

"You made my throat sore." I pouted, taking advantage of my situation. He can't do anything about it, and he can't push me away either.

Why did I want it so much?

Ace smiled softly, before bending slightly and kissed my throat, making it go dry as my breath hitched. I didn't think he would do that. I stared at him in shock, but he didn't stop there.

His large warm hand cupped my face, his thumb grazing across my cheek, his grey eyes still calm and focused on me. I don't even know if he is acting.

Of course he is acting, why would he do it? He hates you.

Ace suddenly leaned forward, right towards my left earlobe.

"Stop staring and check if they are gone." He hissed lowly, making the butterflies in my stomach die drastically.

Of course, my king. I mentally rolled my eyes and tilted my head to the entrance at the right. I scanned the hallway that led out the door and nothing was seen.

But the door had a piece of grey clothing fly around at the corner. Seriously, they were hiding? Were they that desperate to know?

I pulled Ace's head back, taking in a deep breath of thankfulness with the space I got, and turned his head towards the door. He took saw the uniform and rolled his eyes.

"Come on, let's go." Ace said suddenly, not whispering, and pulled me down the counter, setting me gently on the floor.

"My cereal." I pouted, it was priorities. He chuckled, making my eyes go wide. Ace took the cereal and grabbed my hand, walking out the kitchen.

I heard a sharp inhale of breath somewhere behind me, and I knew they were surprised. They might have never seen Ace Williams holding hands with someone, showing affection and laughing.

Me neither.

Ace pushed me into the room, shoving the bowl into my hands and shut the door. "Are you irritated because you had to do that?" I asked in confusion. He chose to do that.

He didn't answer but his angry frown made it clear. Now that sounded so much like him. I ignored it, eating my cereal as I headed to my side of the bed. He was already there, shirtless and reading a book.

It's always a different book.

"Will it take 20 minutes to turn off the lights?" I asked him as I set my empty bowl on my dresser. He did a small nod, not taking his eyes off the book.

Shit, the black specs look so good on him. So hot.

I sighed lowly, getting under the duvets, looking out the glass balcony on my right.

I was still awake because I wasn't tired much, and the light wasn't helping. My thoughts drifted back to the kitchen incident as I stared at the full moon.

So he can be sweet if he wants to. Why doesn't he want to? I saw light dimples when he chuckled, I bet it would get deeper if it was a real one.

The look he had in his soft grey eyes when he said sorry. Kissing my slight Adam's apple was so hot, my breath caught in my throat right then, the feeling of his soft lips on my skin was...fantastic.

Shit, I was here, thinking about him again. What is wrong with me?

____________________________________

So...😏

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.7K 166 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
595 46 26
"Please you have to remove this mask, stop making yourself hidden when you're handsome, Alex," Emelda said. "And who gave you the right to tell me wh...
651K 29.6K 42
'Do you know why you are suspended from ceiling krasivaya?' he whispers in my ears and wipes the sweat dripping from my neck due to the trepidation a...
778K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...