Incarnadine | Prequel to "Vir...

Autorstwa ateezprecious

From fear to admiration. From members to leaders. From petty gangs to ruling the country. After young Hongj... Więcej

PLEASE READ
Prologue pt. 1
Prologue pt. 2
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

14

53 4 33
Autorstwa ateezprecious

4th October
2005

"Where did you get something like that?" the man asks warily, taking one step closer to Hongjoong, who has his gun trained to the man. Hongjoong wordlessly cocks the gun and continues to aim it at the man, which stops him in his tracks.

"Bring me to your leader, old man. I am interested in joining your gang," he simply states. The man lets out a few chuckles. "Why would a little kid want to join a gang? Do you even know what gangs do?" he responds.

Hongjoong's grip on his gun tightens and he feels rage bubbling up. "Have you heard of MX?" Hongjoong asks. The man's smile falls instantly and his eyebrows furrow. "You're with them?" he asks cautiously.

Hongjoong smiles again. "I hate them, so let me see your leader. I want to see if your gang is better than theirs," he announces carelessly. The man's mind runs with questions, but he finally looks a bit more interested.

"I've never seen a kid your age hating that gang so much! What about your friend here? He looks like he just saw a ghost," the man refers to Seonghwa, who won't stop shaking while hiding behind Hongjoong.

"He'll be joining us. He's great at shooting," he shows off, causing Seonghwa to slightly blush out of embarrassment. "That's nothing to show off," he whispers. Hongjoong smirks to himself but continues to stare the man down.

"I'll bring you to our leader, but the moment you do anything stupid, I'll punch a dent into you and your friend's skulls. Is that clear?" the man declares.

Hongjoong is more than satisfied with this and happily tucks his gun away, but feels the outline of his dagger under his jumper. He'll have to use that if the man tries to hurt them.

"Follow me."

Seonghwa grips his hands onto the sleeve of Hongjoong's sleeve tightly and doesn't let go even as they walk behind the man. His worried eyes flicker onto everything in their surroundings, from the yellow streetlights to the glowing shop and restaurant signs. It's nearing dinner time, making the paths busy with people while gentle music and the aromas of various foods waft through the air. The sound of constant chatter in the background reminds Seonghwa that even though his life is no longer the same, the world around him still hasn't changed at all.

Everyone looks like they're having the time of their life while Seonghwa is following a dangerous man with his life on the line at every moment. He's even resorted to trusting his kidnapper at this point. He looks around at the adults in their fancy attire, probably on their way to a party or a restaurant. Seonghwa silently wonders if he'll ever get to experience life like that at some point in the future at this rate. Or will he be fearing for his life for years and years?

The boys arrive in front of a large house at the edge of the city, similar to the one they just escaped from. "Do you all live in this house too?" Hongjoong asks, amused nearly.

"No, there's too many of us. It's just the boss that stays here along with the four members he's closest with," he explains as Hongjoong soaks up all this information. The man freezes before he opens the door. "By the way, if we find out that you're a spy from MX then you'll be begging for us to blow your brains out with how much we'll make you suffer," he whispers.

Seonghwa gulps and his legs suddenly feel like jelly, while Hongjoong laughs along as if it was a joke. The man shows his concern on his face but continues in anyway.

He leads the boys to a room and stands beside the door. "Go ahead," he hisses to them. Seonghwa doesn't want to go inside at all, but he doesn't want to stay near the man for even one more second.

He grabs Hongjoong's arm again as they walk in, not even noticing Hongjoong's giggle as he does so.

They walk into what appears to be a cozy office, where a man sits at a desk all alone. In his hands is a large newspaper, covering his face completely.

"Hey Mr. Gang Leader!" Hongjoong greets. Seonghwa shrinks further behind Hongjoong, wanting to melt into the ground more and more every time Hongjoong opens his mouth.

The man in front of them lowers the newspaper, and raises a brow at the sight of the kids. He sets the newspaper down on the table and stays seated.

Seonghwa notices that this man looks considerably older than Hyungwon from MX, the grey hairs on his head peeking out between the dark brown. He's not old enough to have wrinkles, yet his face still displays clear ageing. His mouth is set into a straight line in an attempt to look stern, but the warmth in his eyes is apparent. He silently takes off his reading glasses and signals for Hongjoong to continue with his hands.

"Can you please take us in? We were taken into MX and barely escaped. They tried to kill us. We don't have anywhere to go now, and are terrified that they'll find and try kill us again," Hongjoong pleads with honesty, though he does make sure to sprinkle in some over-exaggeration here and there. He decides to borrow Seonghwa's technique by looking scared and frail too.

Seonghwa, on the other hand, doesn't even have to act. His wide eyes stay trained on the man in front of them and his breathing stays heavy.

The man does the unexpected next. He laughs.

"You kids are adorable, I'm disappointed that those savages would try to hurt you," he smiles while standing up. Seonghwa stays on guard and continues to glare at the man. Hongjoong grins. "You hate them too?" he asks.

The man's laughter booms throughout the room once again. "Hate? It goes way deeper than that. You clearly are new to all of this. Our gang and MX have been fighting for generations, the rivalry runs in our blood."

Again, Hongjoong's face glows. "Really? Please help us then," he requests one more time. The man walks over and ruffles his hand over Hongjoong's hair, and then he cups Seonghwa's cheek in his hand.

"I wouldn't have even considered this if you both hadn't gone through what you did. But of course, welcome to the family! You are now the newest members of 'SS', short for 'Silver Sun'," he announces. Hongjoong jumps up and down with excitement while Seonghwa feels a mixture of relief and dread.

It feels odd. Hyungwon and Hoseok seemed nice on the surface, but in reality they were condescending with ulterior motives. This man on the other hand doesn't look like he's planning on using two children to his advantage. Instead, he seems to have a genuine adoration towards them. Seonghwa wonders what the reason for his gentleness could be.

"What can we call you?" Hongjoong asks.

Then a soft smile forms on the gang leader's lips. "You can call me uncle Jaehyun," he tells them. Seonghwa feels himself easing up in the presence of Jaehyun, grateful for his peaceful way of speaking. 

Hongjoong, however, smiles on the outside but on the inside he feels indifferent. He knows he's essentially doing the same thing that Hyungwon and Hoseok did, but he sees Jaehyun as nothing but a stepping stone. He'll help the gang, and they'll help him back in return. That's all he needs.

The two boys get introduced to their room and shown around the house, similarly to the last gang they were in. Seonghwa eyes the double bed he'll have to share with Hongjoong and gets a shiver down his spine. What if Hongjoong sleep walks and accidentally kills Seonghwa in his sleep?

Or what if he does it purposely?

"Don't worry Hwa, I sleep like a log. I won't bother you," Hongjoong reassures his friend while patting him on his back. Seonghwa offers him a tight smile and shuffles to the bed. "Don't call me that," he sighs.

Hongjoong smiles when he sees that the old Seonghwa is back. "Alright Hwa, it won't happen again. Goodnight, Hwa!" he chirps while jumping into the bed too. Seonghwa rolls his eyes but finds himself smiling to himself at the other's antics.

"Hwa?"

Just as Seonghwa is trying to find a comfortable position on the bed, he hears the soft voice. He doesn't bother correcting him on the nickname this time and just hums in response.

"You won't leave me, will you?"

Seonghwa feels like his heart just got stabbed by that question as he was just thinking about escaping again. The uncertainty and pure, genuine loneliness in Hongjoong's voice catches him off guard.

"Am I really that important though? All I do is cause inconveniences for you anyway, and I'm always annoying you. Why do you even want me to stay?" he returns a question, keeping his voice quiet and soft.

"Yes you are important. You're my friend, of course you're important to me. And you saved me from that man's punch earlier today. Even though you annoy me a lot, I don't want to be alone again. Please don't make me all alone..." he begs, his voice revealing the most vulnerability that he's ever shown.

Seonghwa's heart scrunches in his chest. It's hard to miss the pain in his words, and when Seonghwa thinks back to all the things Hongjoong's been through, he realises that the pain must run deep.

He hesitates for a bit, but manages to force the words out. "I won't leave." Seonghwa knows he's going to regret those words later. He doesn't even know if he can stay true to his words, and he hopes Hongjoong can find another friend in the future to fill the gap Seonghwa is bound to leave.

A few moments of silence follow Seonghwa's declaration.

"Thank you, Hwa. Goodnight."

Seonghwa bites back his sigh of relief and closes his eyes again.

"Goodnight."

A/N
No, this Jaehyun is not NCT's Jaehyun, but you are free to imagine him as so if you'd like :)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

5.7K 361 28
↳ * Description* ༉‧₊˚✧ The last time Mingi fell in love with a boy, he was taken by an assumed friend. Now he's alone, regretful of his past actions...
130K 2.9K 116
Yoon Ah, has secretly known she is a daughter to an ex mafia leader which the title has been passed down to her older brother Hakyeon (Vixx). One nig...
44.6K 2.8K 37
"One bite won't hurt, right?" It all started when Seonghwa fell under the spell of his best friend's eyes. He had guessed right, Hongjoong was a vam...
76.5K 3.5K 25
*THIS STORY WILL BE RE-EDITED* Being sheltered by his father all his life, Wooyoung grew up alone, but when San was assigned to be his personal bodyg...