love on the brain [Jackson Av...

Von poluxblack

"But don't lose heart, dear ones; don't lose heart. Don't let it make you bitter. Try to understand. Try to u... Mehr

prologue
cast
soundtrack
1: it's time
2:thunderstruck
3: like a virgin
4: loving is easy
5: friends
6: S.O.S
7: big eyed fish
8: baby
9: complicated
10: the one that got away
11: how to save a life
12: break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
13: boulevard of broken dreams
14: another love
15: when I was your man
16: wasted
17: one and only
18: like i'm gonna lose you
20: she loves you
21: the lion sleeps tonight
22: girls just wanna have fun
23: plane
24: brother
25: memories
26: price tag
27: good news
28: marry you
29: all I want for Christmas is you
30: bad guy
31: sorry not sorry
32: mother's little helper
33: boss
34: I've been waiting for you
35: boys will be boys
36: perfect storm
37: the show must go on
38: can't help falling in love
39: when I kissed the teacher
40: waiting on a friend
41: I choose you
42: she's the boss
43: money, money, money
44: good fight
45: sorry seems to be the hardest word
46: dangerous world
happiness

19: if you love her

3.9K 112 28
Von poluxblack

8x11

What if all this time, all this struggle, has been leading you to a beautiful chapter in your life? What if everything does work out, even if it doesn't seem like it right now?

What if who you become is who you needed all along? What if all this hard work leads to amazing things?

What if you replaced negativity with optimism? Would your thoughts and behavior change too?

Because I believed so. My life changed when I moved to Seattle almost 2 years ago. And it did it for better. I found an amazing family. I had an amazing boyfriend and two little nieces. Zola and Sofia.

-Look- I smiled showing Jackson the picture that Derek sent me of Zola holding her giraffe toy. I felt tears in my eyes- she's so happy.

-Please, don't cry again- he stood up from the chair in my kitchen and hugged me.

-It's just that she's so cute- I said crying- and I'm so happy that Mer and Derek have her finally. We're gonna be besties. Sofia, her and me.

-I'm sure you will- he smiled at me drying my tears with his hands- now we've got to go to work, okay?

-Fine- I pecked his lips.

...

We went over the big surgery we were doing on siamese twins like a million times because of Arizona's requests. She was losing it a little bit, but I understood she wanted everything to go smoothly.

Derek was explaining our part to the rest of the doctors. Again.

-Wait, hold on- Arizona said and I huffed- I mean, what if there's a double hemivertebra or a tethered cord?

-We will cross that bridge when we come to it- I tried to smile under my mask.

-We're done here- Owen said.

-I'm sorry. What if we're standing on that bridge right now?

-Dr Robbins, I said...- the Chief started.

-No, no, no- she interrupted him and I raised my eyebrows- we haven't even separated them yet.

-Dr Robbins, stop- Owen raised his voice- we're done practicing. We have practiced our parts not only here in this OR, but in the shower, on your drive to work. We are ready. We know what to do. Now we just have to do it.

Everyone started to get ready for the surgery and I walked to my spot. My eyes met Jackson's and I shook my head.

-Don't look at me like that- I whispered.

-Why?- he frowned.

-Because I need to focus and I can't if you look at me like that.

-Like what?- he played dumb.

-Like you want to do inappropriate things.

-You're hot in scrubs- he teased me.

-Stop it!- I whispered loudly but I couldn't help the smile on my face.

-Ladies and gentlemen- we focused again looking at the babies- I present to you Andi and Brandi Edwards. Let's get them new lives, shall we?- we all nodded at Owen- it's showtime!

Mark and Jackson went first.

-Raising the skin flap. Avery, you there?- Mark spoke up.

-One step ahead of you.

-You want to race?- I rolled my eyes hearing their conversation.

-No, no, no- Arizona interrupted- no racing.

-That was fun last night- Mark ignored her- did you guys had a good time?- he asked referring to my brother, Jackson and I who went with Mer and Zola to Mark's for dinner and to formally meet his girlfriend- I know Julia had a good time.

-Yeah, at least I did- I answered and Jackson nodded agreeing.

-We did too- Derek said.

-Did Mer say anything about Julia?

-She liked her.

-Avery, slow down- Arizona said again.

-And Zola likes Julia, too?

-I mean she's a baby she likes everyone- I stated and Derek chuckled a little- but everybody liked Julia.

-Anybody else here meet Julia?- my brother asked to the rest- did you like her? Show your hands if you liked her- some people started to raise their hands and I smiled.

-I'll update the parents- I observed Lexie as she left the OR.

-Hunt, they're clearly racing- I sighed hearing Arizona again- no racing!

-We're not racing.

-Robbins you take care of your team, I'll look at the bigger picture- Owen said.

-Done!- Jackson shouted getting up.

-I win!- Mark said at the same time and I raised my eyebrows with a funny smile- and by that, we mean ready for the colon resection. Cafeteria?

-Race you there?- they both started to run.

-I think I'm dating the younger version of Mark- I told Callie and she nodded.

-No doubt, my friend.

...

I smiled with joy in the OR watching Brandi respond to the stimulation. We had separated them and they were both fine. Everyone clapped.

Since my part of the surgery was done I went to an on-call room. Mer had a surgery and I was done for the day so she gave me Zola.

-Hi, my baby girl- I spoke with baby voice- you're literally the cutest baby in the planet. But don't tell Mark I said that, okay?- she just stared at me and chuckled.

-Hey- Jackson entered.

-Hey! Zola, say hi to uncle Jackson- I grabbed her tiny hand and waved it- he's nice. We like Jackson. Even when he acts like a 3 year old with uncle Mark.

Jackson rolled his eyes smiling as he laid down next to us.

...

8x12

-Oh, damn it, I screwed up- Mer said making Zola's birthday cake while Jackson and I were sitting down eating cereal.

-Gag Zola? Really?- I frowned at Jackson's word looking at the cake.

-My God, Mer- I chuckled.

-Those aren't G's. Those are Y's for "Yay". "Yay Zola".

-See, a normal person would've just written "Happy birthday".

-It wouldn't have fitted- I said with my mouth full.

-At least someone understands me!- Mer said exaggerating.

-Okay- April came in looking pissed- who used up the last of my deodorant?

-Don't look at me, Apes, I don't live here.

-Oh- I woman I didn't know was there spoke making me jump. Jackson laughed at me and I squinted my eyes at her- that might have been me. Sorry, kinda had a workout last night.

Alex entered the kitchen.

-Hey, you're still here?- he looked at the woman.

-Oh, yeah. I was on my way out and the I saw these cheeks. So cute- she said referring to Zola.

-Oh- Mer stopped her from touching her daughter and she picked Zola up- we don't touch the baby because we don't know where those hands have been.

-Alex does- April mocked and I gave her a high five.

-So, I have a meeting with Owen so I'm off. Party is at 8.00. Don't be late- my sister-in-law said and I finished.

-I got 20 minutes before work. You wanna, you know?- I frowned disgusted as I heard Alex.

-Round two- Jackson said.

-We need to move- the red-haired said to my boyfriend before she left.

-You can move in with me if you want- I suggested and he choked with his cereal- what?

-You can't just say that like nothing!

-Well, I kinda did- I looked at him- I mean, I know we've been together for like 3 months but we've known each other for 2 years. We were close friends before getting together. What's the big deal?

-It is a big deal, I mean, it's big- he said getting tongue-tied making me chuckle- you really want to live with me?

-Yeah, why not? Look- I got up and grabbed my purse to go to the hospital and smiled at him- it's just a suggestion. You think about it, okay?

-Okay- he mumbled and I kissed him goodbye.

...

-Cora!- I heard Callie screaming my name from the nurse station and I approached her. She was with Mark and Arizona- did you know Mark hasn't say the L word to Julia yet?

-Yeah, I mean I don't know what you're waiting for but- he rolled his eyes- maybe you don't love her like you should.

-Oh, shut up.

-I mean, I know I love Jackson and we've been dating for the same time you and Julia have more or less.

-It's different, you two were like meant to be.

-So you don't think Julia's the one?- I raised my eyebrows as Arizona and Callie followed our conversation like if it was a tennis match.

-That's not...ugh, I hate you!- he yelled leaving.

-You love me!- I laughed and turned to the couple- I gotta ask you something.

-Shoot- Arizona smiled.

-I told Jackson to move in with me.

-You did what?- Callie opened her mouth with surprise- isn't it like too soon?

-I know! And I played it cool because April suggested they should move out of Mer's house and it just came out of my mouth but I was dying on the inside  and Jackson also panicked and I don't thin he wants to move in with me- I finished taking a deep breath.

-Wait, wait. He told you he didn't want to move in?- I shook my head.

-No, but he didn't say yes either.

-Cora, the man's in love with you. We can all see that- Callie smiled at her friend- and nothing's going to change that.

-I know- I sighed. I frowned as my eyes felt on Adele's figure in the lobby- um, excuse me, guys- I said goodbye to them and got closer to Richard's wife- Adele! Are you okay?

-Where's my husband? Do you know where he is?- she asked me all worried.

-I found her out on the street- the woman next to her said- she was trying to walk here.I...I live next door to the Webbers. It's 7 miles away.

-Oh, God- I whispered- he's in surgery right now.

-Where is he?- Adele demanded to know- I want you to go find him right now!

-Yeah, can I speak to you one sec?- I looked at the woman and she nodded- could you stay with her while I speak to Dr Web...- I silenced realising Adele was nowhere- Adele?- I started to look everywhere- crap.

I looked everywhere finding here on Webber's old office.

-There you are.

-I don't understand. What's going on? Where are Richard's things?

-Adele, you need to calm down, okay? This used to be his office, but now he's...

-He's gone? He left me?

-No! He's just..he's in surgery...his 10000th surgery.

-He's always wanted to leave me for her. He finally did. He never loved me. Never!

My heart broke as she started to try thinking her husband left her.

-No, Adele- I hugged her- he didn't leave you. Come, on, I'll show you were he is.

I took her to the gallery to see where Richard and Meredith were operating.

-See? There he is. He's in surgery.

-He's with that woman?- she asked me.

-What?- I frowned.

-You tell that woman to go away. That's my husband not hers. Richard!

I opened the microphone.

-Dr Webber- I called him.

-Richard, why are you doing this to me?- I felt my eyes water as I heard the woman's screams- you lied! you said that you weren't working with her anymore.

-Richard, I'm sorry. I found her in the lobby and I didn't know what else to. She thought you left her.

-Ellis! You let him go.

-Adele...-he spoke to his wife- that's not Ellis, Adele.

-What kind of woman would break up a marriage? Ellis Grey, what kind of woman are you? I will not have you down there with my husband. Do you hear me? I will not have it! Richard! Richard!- she cried.

He started to sing "My Funny Valentine" and she calmed down. I hugged her holding back my tears and lead her back to the waiting room.

...

-Jackson?- I said entering the on-call room.

-Hey- he smiled at me- how did your day go?

-Awful- I said and I started to cry. He got up and hugged me.

-Baby, what is it? Are you crying because of the moving in thing?

-No, no- I shook my head- Adele came in and she thought Richard had left her for another woman. It was horrible. I mean, can you imagine it? Richard was heartbroken...- I buried my face in his chest as he rubbed my back- god, I needed a hug.

-Well, that's what I'm here for. Whatever you need- he smiled grabbing my face and leaning down to give me a kiss- I wanna move in with you- he said between kisses.

-Wait- I pulled him back lightening my face with a huge smile- really?

-Yeah, I mean, I guess I can't wait to see your face everyday when I wake up.

-You're so cheesy- I kissed him again and took him to the bed where he laid down. I sat on his lap without breaking the kiss.

-You like it- he started to put kisses on my neck making me groan- yep, you sure like it.

-Shut up- I kissed him again- wait- I got up and locked the door and then ran back to his arms as he chuckled.

...

-There's our birthday girl!- I said smiling as Meredith approached us with Zola in her arms- she looks like a princess. Let me take a picture- I pointed my camera at them both. I laughed as Alex and Jackson photobombed the picture with dumb faces- I love it!

-Sunshine!- Mark passed an arm over my shoulders- I heard you and Avery are moving in together!

-Well, yeah, you heard because I told you.

-Whatever- he smiled and then looked at Jackson- Avery, son, I appreciate you but you mess up and Imma kick your ass.

-Yeah, me too!- we heard Derek yelling from the other corner of the room.

-I'm in as well- Alex pointed at Jackson who just swallowed a little scared.

-I'll beat you- Mer squinted her eyes at my boyfriend and I rolled my eyes- and so will Cristina and even April.

-Guys, come on- I chuckled and pass my arm around Jackson's waist- we all know I'll kick his fine ass first- he looked at me and then pecked my lips with a smile.

After having Webber blowing out the candles for his  10000th (which was a really nice gesture from Mer and Derek) I went to play with Sofia and Zola while everyone asked to Richard about his career.

-Hey- Miranda spoke- do you remember your first surgery?

He started to answer with a smile on his face as I laughed watching Sofia put some cake on Zola's face. Everyone went silent when we heard Cristina and Owen yelling at each other.

-You killed our baby! You don't ever forget that!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

99.1K 3.1K 78
Maybe falling for your best friends sister is nothing you planed to do but you can't help but do. ADDITION ENDING ON APRIL 4, 2023 FINISHED ON DECEM...
60K 535 31
" Look, don't lie about me for not caring about you because both of us know that I did in fact care. Don't walk around spread gossip about me that I...
1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
525K 18K 163
Life has a funny way of humbling you. Knocking you down and for a while just to keep you there. No one prepares you for the hardships you will face...